DC Training Log

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

1. I personally think you should keep the 3day spilt.....Especially if it the strength gains that you want to see

2. Right now there is no way in hell i could switch to the 4day DC spilt cause Im so go damn sore everyday
    •   

3. I'm doing the DC training as well. I currently am sore as hell as well and need the extra day off sometimes until adaptation kicks in.

Keep up the good work, you inspire us

4. thanks a lot guys

i am going to stick to the MWF for now but when i get on some gear I may do the push/pull/legs 4 days a week.

will be training and posting 2c later

5. completed 2c...decent workout...not my best for legs but I just wasn't mentally there today, kinda just sat in the house all day and ****ty weather.

Hammer Strength Preacher Curl- 100x 8-3-2
    Reverse Single Cable Curl- 30x15
    stretch 55 seconds
    Seated Calf Raise- 60x12
    Stiff Leg Deadlift- 225x10
    Leg Press 9 plates per side x 8 3 plates + 25 x 22
    •   

6. Workout 1a...good workout beat all my lifts from last week
    weight is a hair under 220(starting weight) but i look bigger and leaner

Incline Smith- 225 x 10-5-2
    45 sec stretch
    Smith Millitary press- 185 x 10-3-2
    50 sec stretch
    Skullcrusher- 105 x 12-5-3
    45s stretch
    Rack Chin- 35 x 9-5-3
    Rack Dead- 315x12 385x4
    50 sec bodyweight hang

i am very pleased with DC..i think i've put on some size and look leaner and harder.

7. Do you guys count the bar in those weights or just the plates alone? What is the standard method of listing them?

Thanks.

Neoborn

8. counting the bar (45lbs for the barbell and 25 for the ez curl) is the standard method in listing weights...

9. day 2a good workout weights went up
    i switched the days for hacks and bb squats bc I don't wanna do heavy squats 2 days after heavy rack deads

BB Curl-100 x 9-5-3
    Hammer Curl- 35x15
    Stretch
    Hack Calve Raise- 225x14
    Lying Leg Curl- 160x 12-6-4
    stretch
    Hack Squat- 5 plates per x 9 2 plates+35 per x 18
    stretch

10. day 1b...moved some decent weight but it felt like a sloppy workout
    weights went up at least

Incline Hammer- 3 plates per side x 10-5-2
    stretch
    Hammer Shoulder- 2 plates per side x 10-5-2
    stretch
    Close Grip Smith Bench- 245 x 9-4-2
    stretch
    Front Lat Pulldown- 210 x 10-5-3
    T-Bar Row- 5 plates x 9
    Stretch

like I said I beat my weights from last workout but I just didnt have my usual intensity...i have a good feeling that DC is gunna make me a strong mofo

11. im subbed bro. Im starting DC too. I need to learn more tho but im easing my way into it. I might have alot of questions haha.

12. Nice log. Very soon you would've maxed out many of the hammer strength machines at your gym. But that's just DC training

13. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    im subbed bro. Im starting DC too. I need to learn more tho but im easing my way into it. I might have alot of questions haha.
    yea dude I love it...i've been studying up on it a while before i started so feel free to ask away

and machinehead i hope i'm maxing out all the hammers haha

14. i need to get better examples of extreme stretching and get my rep ranges and counts down. I basically did two workouts DCish, i just concentrate on negs and go slow on negs. Sometimes i do static holds or Rest Pause, ill usually just stretch the muscle for a long time after and as hard as i can but i dont think im doing it the DC way....That is basically what i need to brush up on. What do your days look like, 2 on 1 off? I was thinking 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off then repeat.

15. not sure if you've seen this pic, but here's the link
    DC STRETCH

16. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i need to get better examples of extreme stretching and get my rep ranges and counts down. I basically did two workouts DCish, i just concentrate on negs and go slow on negs. Sometimes i do static holds or Rest Pause, ill usually just stretch the muscle for a long time after and as hard as i can but i dont think im doing it the DC way....That is basically what i need to brush up on. What do your days look like, 2 on 1 off? I was thinking 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off then repeat.
    nah bro i only lift monday wed fri with DC...and thats how it's reccomended. if u do this routine right it's fckin brutal and u need the extra rest days. I was consideing a mon tue thur fri with weds and weekends off but i'm gunna wait on that till im ON.

17. Brutal, he's speaking the truth. This is what I have found and needed more time off to recoup.

That picture doesn't work for me for some reason can you upload it here? It is possible to attach it to a post.

18. Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    That picture doesn't work for me for some reason can you upload it here? It is possible to attach it to a post.
    there ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images  

19. completed workout 2b...good workout weight went up and I look like I'm getting more thick and dense

Incline Db Curl- 40 x 10-5-3
    Reverse Ez Curl- 60 x 15
    stretch
    Standing Calve Raise- 180 x 12
    Seated Leg Curl- 135 x 12-7-5
    stretch
    BB Squat- 370 x 7
    Smith Squat - 225x20
    stretch (finally got the leg stretch down and it fcukin hurts)

20. so the incline db curls are rest pause
    rev ez curl is straight set
    calve raise is straight set
    leg curls are rest paused
    squats straight set?
    smiths for widowmaker

1.are all reps focused on slow negatives, or which ones are and arent?

2. as far as the rest pause for leg curls i thought the next set is about half the prior, i dont follow that exact either but are you going to failure on each rest pause?

3. what kind of reps are you doing for the both squats?

21. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    so the incline db curls are rest pause
    rev ez curl is straight set
    calve raise is straight set
    leg curls are rest paused
    squats straight set?
    smiths for widowmaker

1.are all reps focused on slow negatives, or which ones are and arent?

2. as far as the rest pause for leg curls i thought the next set is about half the prior, i dont follow that exact either but are you going to failure on each rest pause?

3. what kind of reps are you doing for the both squats?

1. everything is a controlled negative but I don't count. DC said he regrets telling ppl to do a 6-10 sec negative. I just focus on keeping it controlled. i think heavy squats, rows, and deads aren't as slow as they should be but for those i just go at my own pace.

2. for some reason on leg curls i end up getting a lot of reps bc i don't use very heavy weight and my hams respond well to higher reps. i guess my hams recover faster than my other body parts? but dc says he wants almost 30 reps RP total for hams so it works out

3. squats are done 4-8 reps...hacks and leg presses are done 6-10 reps and i do the 20 repper for every exercise

everything is rest paused except quads, back thickness, calves, forearms and stiffleg deads.

22. Can you explain what "rest- paused" clearly means, this phrase causes me some confusion though I believe I have been doing it.

Much Love and nice log!

NEoborn

23. Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    Can you explain what "rest- paused" clearly means, this phrase causes me some confusion though I believe I have been doing it.

Much Love and nice log!

NEoborn
    thanx neo

rest-paused in this context (which is the only way I've heard it used) is take a set to failure (usually 8-10 reps), then rack the weight, then take 12-15 deep breaths and do another set right away to failure(usually is about half of the previous set), then repeat one more time (12-15 breathes, then another set)

hope that helps

24. Yup clear as crystal ty

Much Love,

Neoborn

25. Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    1. everything is a controlled negative but I don't count. DC said he regrets telling ppl to do a 6-10 sec negative. I just focus on keeping it controlled. i think heavy squats, rows, and deads aren't as slow as they should be but for those i just go at my own pace.

2. for some reason on leg curls i end up getting a lot of reps bc i don't use very heavy weight and my hams respond well to higher reps. i guess my hams recover faster than my other body parts? but dc says he wants almost 30 reps RP total for hams so it works out

3. squats are done 4-8 reps...hacks and leg presses are done 6-10 reps and i do the 20 repper for every exercise

everything is rest paused except quads, back thickness, calves, forearms and stiffleg deads.
    Good advice..

Good log so far. Keep up the good work!

To the other people wanting to learn about DC. Read as much as you can, and ask questions. Because if you are not doing it right, you are not doing DC. I see allot of people doing weird ****, that goes against allot of what he says, or just doing it wrong, and then wonder why they are not getting the results others are getting.. It is better to have it laid down right before you even get into it.

D-

26. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Good advice..

To the other people wanting to learn about DC. Read as much as you can, and ask questions. Because if you are not doing it right, you are not doing DC. I see allot of people doing weird ****, that goes against allot of what he says, or just doing it wrong, and then wonder why they are not getting the results others are getting.. It is better to have it laid down right before you even get into it.

D-
    i was thinking the same thing. Im on cycle and switched to DC but i dont think i will make better gains then i would with my old routine because i dont have it down pat yet. Is it normal to not feel so much DOMS on DC because of the low volume? I mean it is less then my old routine which had alot of sets in it.

27. i dunno brotha the general consensus is that everyone gets pretty sore

28. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i was thinking the same thing. Im on cycle and switched to DC but i dont think i will make better gains then i would with my old routine because i dont have it down pat yet. Is it normal to not feel so much DOMS on DC because of the low volume? I mean it is less then my old routine which had alot of sets in it.
    The low versus high volume is accounted for by warm up then the short breaks to failure which include slow negatives and static holds etc. These are all to failure on the working rest pause set.

You "should" feel it. Don't forget the extreme fascia stretching which is a large part of this

Much Love,

Neoborn.

This DC training grinds me to the bone, but maybe just cause I'm noob It's hardcore.

Intensity is what you make it? try heavier weights with slower TUT?

:donut:

29. is 70% of 1repmax a good weight to use for your working set?

30. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Good advice..

D-

well i just might start DC tonight.... so tempted. relaly wanna change up my reoutine. really feel im just lacking some exercises which could promote nice muscle growth
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Masonmarin's First Training Log, IF / DC style Bulk!!
    By masonmarin18 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 02:05 AM
  2. DC training log - lets get it on!
    By Random181 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
  3. Distilled Water DC training log.......i'm getting huge
    By Distilled Water in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 07:22 PM
  4. First Day of DC Training