DC Training Log

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136026
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Yup. I always feel bad grabbing someone on my last set...let alone a rest pause set with a static.
    Not to mention 90% of people don't know how to spot CORRECTLY. Especially when i usually look like i am done 2 reps early, and really struggle to holy hell on the last one..lol

  2. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    day 2b...great work out...made the negative quicker more like 2-3 seconds and I thinked it helped.

    Incline Hammer- 3 plates x 8-4-2
    40s stretch with 30s (this stretch is fckin brutal)
    Hammer Shoulder Press 1 plate +35 x 11-5-3
    45s stretch on smith
    Close Grip Bench in Smith 225 x 10-5-2
    50second stretch with 30lb db
    Front Lat Pulldown 210 x 8-3-3
    20s static with 135
    T-Bar Row-4 plates +25 x 11
    50 second bodyweight hang
  3. New Member
    strester's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    596
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    31.24%

    subbed


    been reading about DC for while and have yet to give it a shot ... do you have any specific goals for a specific timeframe on DC?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by strester View Post
    been reading about DC for while and have yet to give it a shot ... do you have any specific goals for a specific timeframe on DC?
    Well nothing too specific. I'm doing DC as a recomp, I am 5'8 220ish so I have a good build but I lost a lot of strength and thickness trying a higher volume higher rep routine. I basically want to mantain 220 but harder, leaner, and stronger over a 1.5-2 month time frame...then I'm going on cycle in late sept/ october, and plan to reach 240 this winter gaining little bodyfat using the DC principles.
  5. New Member
    strester's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    596
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    31.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    Well nothing too specific. I'm doing DC as a recomp, I am 5'8 220ish so I have a good build but I lost a lot of strength and thickness trying a higher volume higher rep routine. I basically want to mantain 220 but harder, leaner, and stronger over a 1.5-2 month time frame...then I'm going on cycle in late sept/ october, and plan to reach 240 this winter gaining little bodyfat using the DC principles.
    sounds good ... best of luck
  6. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2363
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    47.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I guess thats the difference between us, I don't feel bad asking anyone for a spot on any exercise, well not so far anyhow.

    Also are you rotating exercises when you do the same routine next time around For example:

    Workout 1A

    Chest: Flat Bench Press

    Workout 1B

    Chest: Incline Bench press

    Workout 1C

    Chest: Decline Bench press

    etc?

    Thanks in advance. After I get this down I'm gonna FAQ it and make it easy to understand as that rightup of DC sucks balls.
  7. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136026
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    I guess thats the difference between us, I don't feel bad asking anyone for a spot on any exercise, well not so far anyhow.

    Also are you rotating exercises when you do the same routine next time around For example:

    Workout 1A

    Chest: Flat Bench Press

    Workout 1B

    Chest: Incline Bench press

    Workout 1C

    Chest: Decline Bench press

    etc?

    Thanks in advance. After I get this down I'm gonna FAQ it and make it easy to understand as that rightup of DC sucks balls.
    Principle is right however he tends to reccomend NOT doing flat BB bench on this routine for shoulder healths sake. I will say this, i used to have a bad shoulder, and i have not done flat bb in almost 2 years now, and my shoulder feels SOLID..
  8. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    we'll when I plateu, I plan on going back on my 5 day split and crusing with the weights for a month or so...then getting back into DC heavy

    right now is my natural DC stage, then I will go on about a month crusise on the 5 day...then I'm going on a juiced DC blast and thats where I plan on making some serious gains
  9. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136026
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    we'll when I plateu, I plan on going back on my 5 day split and crusing with the weights for a month or so...then getting back into DC heavy

    right now is my natural DC stage, then I will go on about a month crusise on the 5 day...then I'm going on a juiced DC blast and thats where I plan on making some serious gains
    That is similar to my plan..
  10. New Member
    bigmidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    110
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    66.17%

    MFBB- Good luck with the DC routine. Just a couple notes: 1. Is the angle on the Smith Inclines the same as the BB Inclines? If so, you may want to consider changing the angle on one of the exercises as you may plateau on both at the same time. 2. As your weights progress on Rack Deads and BB Squats you may want to consider moving them furhter apart in your routine. This may save you some lower back tightness/injury. 3. Most importantly, make sure you get as close to 2 grams of protein in per bodyweight.
    Sorry for the long post.
  11. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmidge View Post
    MFBB- Good luck with the DC routine. Just a couple notes: 1. Is the angle on the Smith Inclines the same as the BB Inclines? If so, you may want to consider changing the angle on one of the exercises as you may plateau on both at the same time. 2. As your weights progress on Rack Deads and BB Squats you may want to consider moving them furhter apart in your routine. This may save you some lower back tightness/injury. 3. Most importantly, make sure you get as close to 2 grams of protein in per bodyweight.
    Sorry for the long post.
    My angle is slightly lower on the smith...i should have made note of that

    what do u mean by moving the deads and squats futher apart...like put rack deads on 1a and squats on 2b for example?

    and no worries on the protien...i'm puttin it down bro lol

    thanx
  12. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Workout 2b today...pretty decent workout...not great but not bad, my hack squats were pretty good

    Incline DB Curl- 40x9-4-3
    Reverse EZ Curl- 60x12
    Stretch 50 seconds
    Standing Calf Raise- 180x10
    Seated Leg Curl- 120x 15-9-6
    Stretch 1 leg on high bar 45 seconds each
    Hack Squat- 495x7 275x20
    45 second stretch
  13. New Member
    bigmidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    110
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    66.17%

    Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    My angle is slightly lower on the smith...i should have made note of that

    what do u mean by moving the deads and squats futher apart...like put rack deads on 1a and squats on 2b for example?

    and no worries on the protien...i'm puttin it down bro lol

    thanx
    Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I'm not an expert, but doing deads/racks in the same week as squats caused my blasts to end quicker.
  14. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Rep Power
    2464
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    76.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    As long as deads and squats aren't on two conecutive days, I think you're good.
  15. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    I prob will end up switching it up when I get back to doing my higher weights that I used to. I was able to pull 455 for abt 6 from the rack and squat 455x4-6 on squats. Hopefully I will exceed both of these weights with DC as I've never actually had a planned routine and I think it helps.

    Good notes about DC so far...I've been noticing marked improvements in my chest and biceps which have both been my weak areas. I am also looking leaner and fuller. will post my #s tomorrow
  16. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    workout 1c

    Incline Barbell- 225x 7-4-3
    45 second stretch with 30's
    DB Millitary Press- 80x 9-4-2
    Stretch 40s
    Reverse Grip Smith Bench- 205x 10-5-4 (just getting used to this movement)
    40s stretch with 35lb
    Underhand Hammer Pulldown- 2 plates/sidex 10-6-4
    BB Row- 225x9 255x5
    BW Hang 45s (grip was shot)

    def need a spotter for incline bb and seated db press so I'll have to keep that in mind
  17. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136026
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Good **** brotha! Some solid lifts. It gets motivating as **** once you get through the rotation, and can start beating that book.
  18. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Good **** brotha! Some solid lifts. It gets motivating as **** once you get through the rotation, and can start beating that book.
    thanx bro...i can't fckin wait to be strong again, i bought into that whole "u don't need to use a lot of weight to be a bodybuilder" but i think that only applies when ur on 2+ grams of gear a week
    i really like DC thus far but I might eventually switch to a M T TH F split instead of MWF doing a push/pull/legs cuz its so hard for me to only train 3 days per week
  19. Professional Member
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1692
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    72.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    well im following either way ! keep it up. my workouts are driving me crazy low reps annoying tuts hehe. but im making progress so guess ill leave it be
  20. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136026
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    thanx bro...i can't fckin wait to be strong again, i bought into that whole "u don't need to use a lot of weight to be a bodybuilder" but i think that only applies when ur on 2+ grams of gear a week
    i really like DC thus far but I might eventually switch to a M T TH F split instead of MWF doing a push/pull/legs cuz its so hard for me to only train 3 days per week
    Bro just keep doing the 2way. I know it is allot to get used to, believe me i came from lifting 5 days a week on a higher volume TUT routine. Almost everyone he trains he has use the 2way split. But if you are giving it everything you have in the gym, you will need that extra recovery.
  21. Advanced Member
    Link24's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    746
    Rep Power
    466
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    66.74%

    I personally think you should keep the 3day spilt.....Especially if it the strength gains that you want to see
  22. Advanced Member
    Link24's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    746
    Rep Power
    466
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    66.74%

    Right now there is no way in hell i could switch to the 4day DC spilt cause Im so go damn sore everyday
  23. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2363
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    47.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'm doing the DC training as well. I currently am sore as hell as well and need the extra day off sometimes until adaptation kicks in.

    Keep up the good work, you inspire us
  24. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    thanks a lot guys

    i am going to stick to the MWF for now but when i get on some gear I may do the push/pull/legs 4 days a week.

    will be training and posting 2c later
  25. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    completed 2c...decent workout...not my best for legs but I just wasn't mentally there today, kinda just sat in the house all day and ****ty weather.

    Hammer Strength Preacher Curl- 100x 8-3-2
    Reverse Single Cable Curl- 30x15
    stretch 55 seconds
    Seated Calf Raise- 60x12
    Stiff Leg Deadlift- 225x10
    Leg Press 9 plates per side x 8 3 plates + 25 x 22
  26. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Workout 1a...good workout beat all my lifts from last week
    weight is a hair under 220(starting weight) but i look bigger and leaner

    Incline Smith- 225 x 10-5-2
    45 sec stretch
    Smith Millitary press- 185 x 10-3-2
    50 sec stretch
    Skullcrusher- 105 x 12-5-3
    45s stretch
    Rack Chin- 35 x 9-5-3
    Rack Dead- 315x12 385x4
    50 sec bodyweight hang

    i am very pleased with DC..i think i've put on some size and look leaner and harder.
  27. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2363
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    47.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Do you guys count the bar in those weights or just the plates alone? What is the standard method of listing them?

    Thanks.

    Neoborn
  28. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    counting the bar (45lbs for the barbell and 25 for the ez curl) is the standard method in listing weights...
  29. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    day 2a good workout weights went up
    i switched the days for hacks and bb squats bc I don't wanna do heavy squats 2 days after heavy rack deads

    BB Curl-100 x 9-5-3
    Hammer Curl- 35x15
    Stretch
    Hack Calve Raise- 225x14
    Lying Leg Curl- 160x 12-6-4
    stretch
    Hack Squat- 5 plates per x 9 2 plates+35 per x 18
    stretch
  30. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    day 1b...moved some decent weight but it felt like a sloppy workout
    weights went up at least

    Incline Hammer- 3 plates per side x 10-5-2
    stretch
    Hammer Shoulder- 2 plates per side x 10-5-2
    stretch
    Close Grip Smith Bench- 245 x 9-4-2
    stretch
    Front Lat Pulldown- 210 x 10-5-3
    T-Bar Row- 5 plates x 9
    Stretch

    like I said I beat my weights from last workout but I just didnt have my usual intensity...i have a good feeling that DC is gunna make me a strong mofo
  31. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    im subbed bro. Im starting DC too. I need to learn more tho but im easing my way into it. I might have alot of questions haha.
  32. Advanced Member
    machinehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    35264
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    23.66%

    Nice log. Very soon you would've maxed out many of the hammer strength machines at your gym. But that's just DC training
  33. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    im subbed bro. Im starting DC too. I need to learn more tho but im easing my way into it. I might have alot of questions haha.
    yea dude I love it...i've been studying up on it a while before i started so feel free to ask away

    and machinehead i hope i'm maxing out all the hammers haha
  34. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    i need to get better examples of extreme stretching and get my rep ranges and counts down. I basically did two workouts DCish, i just concentrate on negs and go slow on negs. Sometimes i do static holds or Rest Pause, ill usually just stretch the muscle for a long time after and as hard as i can but i dont think im doing it the DC way....That is basically what i need to brush up on. What do your days look like, 2 on 1 off? I was thinking 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off then repeat.
  35. New Member
    KRUPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    54.25%

    not sure if you've seen this pic, but here's the link
    DC STRETCH
  36. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i need to get better examples of extreme stretching and get my rep ranges and counts down. I basically did two workouts DCish, i just concentrate on negs and go slow on negs. Sometimes i do static holds or Rest Pause, ill usually just stretch the muscle for a long time after and as hard as i can but i dont think im doing it the DC way....That is basically what i need to brush up on. What do your days look like, 2 on 1 off? I was thinking 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off then repeat.
    nah bro i only lift monday wed fri with DC...and thats how it's reccomended. if u do this routine right it's fckin brutal and u need the extra rest days. I was consideing a mon tue thur fri with weds and weekends off but i'm gunna wait on that till im ON.
  37. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2363
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    47.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Brutal, he's speaking the truth. This is what I have found and needed more time off to recoup.

    That picture doesn't work for me for some reason can you upload it here? It is possible to attach it to a post.
  38. New Member
    KRUPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    54.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    That picture doesn't work for me for some reason can you upload it here? It is possible to attach it to a post.
    there ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  39. New Member
    mfbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    296
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    completed workout 2b...good workout weight went up and I look like I'm getting more thick and dense

    Incline Db Curl- 40 x 10-5-3
    Reverse Ez Curl- 60 x 15
    stretch
    Standing Calve Raise- 180 x 12
    Seated Leg Curl- 135 x 12-7-5
    stretch
    BB Squat- 370 x 7
    Smith Squat - 225x20
    stretch (finally got the leg stretch down and it fcukin hurts)
  40. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    so the incline db curls are rest pause
    rev ez curl is straight set
    calve raise is straight set
    leg curls are rest paused
    squats straight set?
    smiths for widowmaker

    1.are all reps focused on slow negatives, or which ones are and arent?

    2. as far as the rest pause for leg curls i thought the next set is about half the prior, i dont follow that exact either but are you going to failure on each rest pause?

    3. what kind of reps are you doing for the both squats?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Masonmarin's First Training Log, IF / DC style Bulk!!
    By masonmarin18 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 02:05 AM
  2. DC training log - lets get it on!
    By Random181 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
  3. Distilled Water DC training log.......i'm getting huge
    By Distilled Water in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 07:22 PM
  4. First Day of DC Training
    By Blindfaith in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 03:12 PM
  5. Couple of ???'s about DC Training + Diet
    By Blindfaith in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in