DC Training Log

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
So I've finally decided to stray away from the norm and try DoggCrapp. I agree with Dante's methods as far as low volume training to failure and high protein/moderate carb/fat ratios. I did a litte DC experiment last week and it went great. I'm 21 5'8 220ish give or take a few and I have a 33.5 in waist (don't know bf%). My plan for DC is sort of a recomp. I plan on a 100% clean diet with no cheat meals and cardio 3-4x per week on my off days. I also intend on gaining strength and mass on this program by following an extremely high protein (2g per lb) and moderate carb and fat ratio not combining carbs and fats in the same meal and carb cutoffs around 6-7 pm. I'm following the classic DC Split:
Day 1
Chests
Shoulders
Triceps
Back Width
Back Thickness

Day 2
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

I will Train MWF and do cardio T TH SAT

i will be starting and be posting my exact routine tomorrow

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
thanx beelz
here is my training protocol

Day 1a
Incline Smith
Smith Millitary Press
Skullcrusher
Rack Chins
Rack Deads

Day 1b
Hammer Incline
Hammer Behind the Neck Press
Close Grip Bench in Smith
Front Lat Pulldown
Corner T-Bar Row

1c
Incline BB
DB Shoulder Press
Reverse(close) bench in smith
Hammer Underhand Pulldown
BB Rows

Day 2a
BB Curl
Hammer Curl
Calf raise on hack squat
Lying Leg Curl
Squat
Smith Squat Widowmaker

2b
Incline DB Curl
Reverse EZ Curl
Standing Calf Raise
Seated Leg Curl
Hack Squat

2c
Hammer preacher curl
1 arm reverse cable curl
Seated Calf raise
Stiff Leg Dead
Leg Press

will be doing 1a shortly and will post results

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
Completed my first official DC workout and it was pretty brutal and felt great. Strength is at an all time low for the size I'm at bc i was experimenting with lighter weight and higher rep training w better form. It made my muscles more round and shapely but i lost some thickness and strength.

Here is the workout
Incline Smith- 225x 8-4-3
40 second flye stretch w 45lb dbs
Smith Millitary Press 185x 8-3-3
Underhand shoulder Stretch 40 seconds
Skull Crushers 105x 8-4-2
Tricep Extension Stretch 32 seconds w 40lb db
Rack Chins BW+30x 8-4-2
Rack Deads(pins at shins) 325x9 (back hurt and need to get these up)
Bodyweight Hang stretch for 43 seconds (started to lose grip even w straps)

overall a great feeling workout but the weights aren't very high for me. The slow negatives make the weight feel 2x heavier.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
can you show me pictures / videos of rack chins / rack deads?

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Dude ur going to like DC alot. I am going to get back at when I get back on cycle. Good luck man!!!

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
um i can't find pix but i can explain them. Rack Chins are basically pullups in a power rack or smith machine with ur feet elevated on a flat bench in front of u. So u would set the pins or the smith shoulder high and do pull ups on it with ur feet on the bench. Rack deads are simply deadlifts from a power rack with the bars/pins set about mid-shin or knee level

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
lol UNCfan i couldn't see the links so i figured id just explain them but now i see em

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
I know it realistically means nothing, but I am shocked that I am this sore from doing 3 sets per body part and 1 exercise. Tomorrow will be Day 2a and I will post results.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I am /subbed. I am going to follow your lead. Basically I have been incorporating the breathing / rest pause thing on top of the program I was doing but now am going to do this M W F with anaerobic / aerobic cardio in between.

You lead, I follow.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
NICEE>>>>> i wanna change up my workout routine as well and ill be looking at a few new logs showing some nice varations

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I would start / recommend doing the 15 breaths / 20 seconds between sets. It knocks the fluff out of you! ( well does me anyhow :D ). This would be a good lead up to then doing the DC training.

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
just completed workout 2a...pretty good considering I've been really tired and out of it all day. Weights are low bc of the slow negatives but I don't care I'm focusing on form and progressing the weights w good form
here are the #s
BB Curls- 90x9-5-4
****ed up and did the stretch before forearms for 35s
Alt. Hammer Curls - 35x12
Hack Squat Calf Raise (6-8s negative 10s stretch at bottom of each rep) 225x12
Lying leg Curl-140x 9-6-5
Stretch leg on high bar 25s each
Squat 355x6
Smith Squat Widowmaker(supposed to be 20 reps but couldnt get it) 225x16

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
mfbb...what rep scheme are you using?

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
mfbb...what rep scheme are you using?
I'm shooting for 8-4-2 on the Rest-Pause Sets and Calves and Forearms are straight sets of 12. Deadlifts are a straight set of 4-8, Rows are 2 straight sets of 8-12 . Squats are straight set of 4-8, leg press and hacks are a straight set of 6-10 and 20 rep widowmaker for every exercise. I'm basically doing it the textbook DC way.

I see u are training lower rep...any reason behind that?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
i was over zealous with the weights...

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing 15 breaths between sets and 6 second negatives sometimes a bit longer if i can

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
A true 6sec? If so why so slow on the neg?

Good log!
thanx bro...yea i try for at least a 6 sec negative. DC calls for a 6-10 sec neg except squats and DLs which he reccomends count to 5 on the negative. Dante(DC creator) believes the controlled negative causes more cellular damage in the muscle. I finish every set on the negative and it is pretty brutal.

tomorrow is an off day...I'm going to the beach all day and have to train a few clients at night and I'm going to try to fit in some cardio but who knows. I'm also getting leaner following DC diet recommendations which is also similar to the Dave Palumbo diet of Extremly high protein and moderate carbs and fat not combining the 2 in a meal with 6-7pm carb cut offs.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dc also says that he regrets ever saying 6sec neg, as he never meant that to be taken literally. He calls for a more true 2-3sec neg, and just said 6 to get people to slow down. Really just wants you to keep it controlled.

Just was wondering if you were slowing them down that much due to preference, or if you were thrown off because he said "6sec"..

Just giving ya a heads up, if you didn't already know.

You should make awesome gains with within this log bro!

Lata-

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
thanx bro...I'll try the 2-3...it almost seemed natural to do 6 but I think I'll be able to handle more weight with 2-3 seconds...I'll let u know how it goes on friday

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
not to confuse but im doing Prilepin's routine to the T and he uses
4-1-2-1 and 3-0-2-0 methods.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
So from what I understand ( which isn't much in this case ), that with the timing, do you do your warm up sets 1-1-4 tempo and then with the working set(s) 1-1-8 to 10s? Or do you do the rest pause tempo on your warm up sets as well?

Also from what I understand is it:

1. Do as many sets to warm up ( for me most likely 2 - 3 )

2. Do working set, breath, another working set, breath and finish of with your last working set?

Thanks for any help,

Also if you guys are looking for a not so great version of the stretches >>> here you go <<<

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
That 2-3 second negative should be on every rep too...just an FYI...3/2 is the timing i've started using.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You want to keep warmups from cutting into your strength. I usually do 1-2 20rep warmups. Since shoulders are after chest, they are already pretty fluid so i just do 1 warm up.. But that is me, and i don't throw around extreme amounts of weight, so if you do, you will likely want to use more warmup's!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Trying not to hijack but add worth here, so:

1. Tempo 3(up)-1(hold)-3or4(neg)?

2. static hold on last set only?

3. Stretch at end of exercise for that bodypart?

Thanks for help.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Trying not to hijack but add worth here, so:

1. Tempo 3(up)-1(hold)-3or4(neg)?

2. static hold on last set only?

3. Stretch at end of exercise for that bodypart?

Thanks for help.
Posatives should be explosive, neg nice and controlled 2-3 sec..

As for statics, you are gunna do them AFTER your last set. You will take your 15 breaths just like durring the restpause, then do the static hold(if the excersise requires them)

I do chest/shoulder/tri then stretch them, then do back.. People do stretch after each, i just choose not to.lol

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
^agreed with imprezivr, but I stretch after each exercise.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
are you doing all bench chest exercises on the smith machine, or are you using a free barbell ?

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
There is an acceptable list: >>>here<<<

Taken from >>>here<<<

So to answer your ? I use the Barbell as well not all Smith Machines.

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
are you doing all bench chest exercises on the smith machine, or are you using a free barbell ?
I have one day smith incline, one day hammer strength incline and one day free barbell incline. same applies basically for shoulders and tris as well. The barbell is going to be tough without a spotter because DC is all about going to complete failure. my whole routine is outlined a few posts down from the start

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
The barbell is going to be tough without a spotter because DC is all about going to complete failure.
Are you the only person in your gym? Or are you just shy?:toofunny:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Are you the only person in your gym? Or are you just shy?:toofunny:
If you don't have a training partner, it's kind of a d*ck move to go up and grab someone on every single exercise to help you out...ya know?

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
If you don't have a training partner, it's kind of a d*ck move to go up and grab someone on every single exercise to help you out...ya know?
what he said...i don't feel like getting someone to spot me on 3 mini sets in a row or making them come back n forth which will likely **** up my timing. a lot of times I train around many ppl I know, i was just saying its gunna suck when no1 is around on my barbell day

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
what he said...i don't feel like getting someone to spot me on 3 mini sets in a row or making them come back n forth which will likely **** up my timing. a lot of times I train around many ppl I know, i was just saying its gunna suck when no1 is around on my barbell day
Yup. I always feel bad grabbing someone on my last set...let alone a rest pause set with a static.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yup. I always feel bad grabbing someone on my last set...let alone a rest pause set with a static.
Not to mention 90% of people don't know how to spot CORRECTLY. Especially when i usually look like i am done 2 reps early, and really struggle to holy hell on the last one..lol

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
day 2b...great work out...made the negative quicker more like 2-3 seconds and I thinked it helped.

Incline Hammer- 3 plates x 8-4-2
40s stretch with 30s (this stretch is fckin brutal)
Hammer Shoulder Press 1 plate +35 x 11-5-3
45s stretch on smith
Close Grip Bench in Smith 225 x 10-5-2
50second stretch with 30lb db
Front Lat Pulldown 210 x 8-3-3
20s static with 135
T-Bar Row-4 plates +25 x 11
50 second bodyweight hang

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
subbed

been reading about DC for while and have yet to give it a shot :sad: ... do you have any specific goals for a specific timeframe on DC?

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
been reading about DC for while and have yet to give it a shot :sad: ... do you have any specific goals for a specific timeframe on DC?
Well nothing too specific. I'm doing DC as a recomp, I am 5'8 220ish so I have a good build but I lost a lot of strength and thickness trying a higher volume higher rep routine. I basically want to mantain 220 but harder, leaner, and stronger over a 1.5-2 month time frame...then I'm going on cycle in late sept/ october, and plan to reach 240 this winter gaining little bodyfat using the DC principles.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Well nothing too specific. I'm doing DC as a recomp, I am 5'8 220ish so I have a good build but I lost a lot of strength and thickness trying a higher volume higher rep routine. I basically want to mantain 220 but harder, leaner, and stronger over a 1.5-2 month time frame...then I'm going on cycle in late sept/ october, and plan to reach 240 this winter gaining little bodyfat using the DC principles.
sounds good ... best of luck

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I guess thats the difference between us, I don't feel bad asking anyone for a spot :D on any exercise, well not so far anyhow.

Also are you rotating exercises when you do the same routine next time around For example:

Workout 1A

Chest: Flat Bench Press

Workout 1B

Chest: Incline Bench press

Workout 1C

Chest: Decline Bench press

etc?

Thanks in advance. After I get this down I'm gonna FAQ it and make it easy to understand as that rightup of DC sucks balls.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I guess thats the difference between us, I don't feel bad asking anyone for a spot :D on any exercise, well not so far anyhow.

Also are you rotating exercises when you do the same routine next time around For example:

Workout 1A

Chest: Flat Bench Press

Workout 1B

Chest: Incline Bench press

Workout 1C

Chest: Decline Bench press

etc?

Thanks in advance. After I get this down I'm gonna FAQ it and make it easy to understand as that rightup of DC sucks balls.
Principle is right however he tends to reccomend NOT doing flat BB bench on this routine for shoulder healths sake. I will say this, i used to have a bad shoulder, and i have not done flat bb in almost 2 years now, and my shoulder feels SOLID..

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
we'll when I plateu, I plan on going back on my 5 day split and crusing with the weights for a month or so...then getting back into DC heavy

right now is my natural DC stage, then I will go on about a month crusise on the 5 day...then I'm going on a juiced DC blast and thats where I plan on making some serious gains

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
we'll when I plateu, I plan on going back on my 5 day split and crusing with the weights for a month or so...then getting back into DC heavy

right now is my natural DC stage, then I will go on about a month crusise on the 5 day...then I'm going on a juiced DC blast and thats where I plan on making some serious gains
That is similar to my plan..

bigmidge

Awards
MFBB- Good luck with the DC routine. Just a couple notes: 1. Is the angle on the Smith Inclines the same as the BB Inclines? If so, you may want to consider changing the angle on one of the exercises as you may plateau on both at the same time. 2. As your weights progress on Rack Deads and BB Squats you may want to consider moving them furhter apart in your routine. This may save you some lower back tightness/injury. 3. Most importantly, make sure you get as close to 2 grams of protein in per bodyweight.
Sorry for the long post.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
delsolrob Workout Logs 24
CaribouMT Workout Logs 5
Smont Cycle Logs 4353
-MVP- Workout Logs 1
Anthony_ Workout Logs 349