***b-Jack*** Workout Log~

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Thought I would move all my updates over here. This kind of "low-key" setting is more my pace these days. And to join the likes of Beelz/Buki/Ubi....I'm lookin forward to it...

Chest/Back coming tomorrow.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
:wave: I might do something like this too... reps :)rofl:)

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Glad you moved this here bro.

Much easier to follow (hopefully)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Ok, killer workout today. Only neg was that I had no spotter at all, till the very end on Decline BB Bench (made a new friend..aww).

Chest:

Incline DB Press: 45x10 - 75x8 - 95x12 - 100x12

Flat BB Bench: 135x14 - 175x8 - 245x12 - 265x10

^^^^^ Was just scared to go higher because I didn't have a spotter and I didn't wanna risk injury or anything like that at all.

Decline BB Bench (finally had a spotter): 195x14 - 245x12 - 265x6 - 315x3

Cable Crossovers (with the cables set kinda low so as to focus lower pecs): Don't really know how to list this weight. Its 100 on the cables and I did 3 sets of about 12-15 reps.

BACK:

Deads (gonna start workin these more) 135x10 - 315x8 - 345x6 - 375x3. I know these are horrible and not in line with the rest of my body, but that is bc I took about a yr break from them due to injury, starting back real slow and going to be very careful, so eat me:thumbsup:.

WG Pullups: BWx12 - BW+45x10 - BW+90x8 *** I supersetted these with WG Pulldowns: 225x10 - 225x8 - 225x6

Reverse Pushups (lying on the ground, holding a smith bar on the 2nd to the bottom rack pulling myself up): 45 plate laying on my body x15 x12 x12 x10.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Quads/Calves/Hams/Bi's

Quads: Free Squats 135x15 - 195x8 - 225x6 - 315x8...all done with absolute perfect form and below parallel.

Hams: Cybex Squat Press (w/ feet at very top, pushing with heels)
10 plates x15 - 12 plates x8 - 14 plates x6 - 20 plates x8 - Rest pause(15 sec) x3 - Rest Pause(15 sec) x1

Bi's: DB Curls 45x15 - 50x8 - 50x6 - 70x6(these hurt pretty bad, wrist started hurting real bad in my stretches, nevertheless lot of weight)

Calves: Seated Calf Raise Machine - 2 plates x15 - 3 plates x8 - 4 plates x8.

I didn't include my after stretches in any of these, but I did do them. As you guys can see I am moving to DC training for a while. See what I can do.

Please Ubi/Beelz feel free to comment/criticize anything. Aim is strength here. Next time I am going to hit a 20 rep working set on my squats, just didn't feel up to it today.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Strong work all around.

how are you liking the stretches... at first they are brutal... if you do them right.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Strong work all around.

how are you liking the stretches... at first they are brutal... if you do them right.
stretches I like...which ones...before or after??? I consider both "stretches" oh well...the "extreme stretches" after is a love-hate thing..

Also, with DC -- technically your only supposed to work one exercise per body part. Well what if you are doing say---chest, where there are really 3 specific parts to it, how do you work around that?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
You do one exercise for chest.. the reason why you have 3 days is for your 3 favorite variations of that specific bodypart.

Three specific parts to the Pecs? Pectoralis Major and Pectoralis Minor.. I count two.. and in reality you work the pectoralis fully with any of the movements, be it incline, flat, flyes, or decline.. just stimulating the fibers in a different way... this is my understanding.

the after stretches are the DC based ones I was asking about.. they are painful.. designed to stretch the fascia and faciliate recovery. :)

brutal.. the chest one in particular is very painful at first...

Last edited:
kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
just checkin in.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
where do we get examples of these stretches?
Well for the chest one Ubi is talking about, I assume he is talking about taking DB's that are pretty heavy and letting them down very very slowy into a fly motion, and holding it there to stretch the muscle. You can also rotate your wrists to get an even better stretch from my experience.

I will see if I can find a link for ya

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
OK guys...great workout today.

Chest/Delts/Tris/Back Thickness/Back Width

Chest: Flat BB Press.

135x12 - 175x8 - 225x3 - 245x2 - 265x12<<<-----yeeeeuh!

Delts: Front Shoulder Press.

135x10 - 155x4 - 175x12<<<-----Felt Great.

Tris: V-Bar Pressdowns.

100x12 - 160x3 - 210x12<<-----PR

Back Thickness: Deads

135x10 - 175 x 6 - 225x3 - 295x12<<---as sad as it is, PR

Back Width: Lat Pulldowns.

130x12 - 180x4 - 245x10 RP x 4 x3 x 1

Overall Workout was very very fulfilling. Deads are rocketing up, I will be repping 405 in no time, I just have to stick to them which I plan to do. My goal is in two month to be repping 405 x8-10, and I know I can do it. Tricep Pressdowns felt goooood. Thats some heavy weight...

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
WOW! it kinda takes a way from the poundages when you POST IN PINK! :toofunny:

Good lifts, BJ!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Did light leg work today guys I can tell my CNS is a bit tired and ready for a long weekend, but I couldn't take an off day.

Quads/Hams/Bis/Calves/F-Arms

Squats: Barx20 - 175x8 - 225x3 - 265x12<<<----like I said...light day.

Leg Curls: 100 x10-x8 - 180x5 - 200x10

E-Z Bar Curls: Bar x20 - 95x12 - 135x12

Standing Calf Raises: 100x20 - 150x8 - 230x14

Behind Back Reverse F-Arm Curls: 135 x10 x10 x14

Like I said, just an easy - taking it light day, but didn't wanna not train bc I have an itch that won't let me skip. Next w/o will be on Mon.

Have a great weekend guys!:head:

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Well for the chest one Ubi is talking about, I assume he is talking about taking DB's that are pretty heavy and letting them down very very slowy into a fly motion, and holding it there to stretch the muscle. You can also rotate your wrists to get an even better stretch from my experience.

I will see if I can find a link for ya
Right, I don't think posting the picture I sent you would be good, as it is from another forum and is in a sense their property.. as it is their likeness.

Mace, you can PM me and I can send you some info in an email that you provide. It's an interesting method that people have been using with great success for a while.

BJ come back and wreck shop on Monday god damn it.

Sometimes it's better to not train if you're going to half ass it. :D

*cough* fire under ass *cough*

;)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Right, I don't think posting the picture I sent you would be good, as it is from another forum and is in a sense their property.. as it is their likeness.

Mace, you can PM me and I can send you some info in an email that you provide. It's an interesting method that people have been using with great success for a while.

BJ come back and wreck shop on Monday god damn it.

Sometimes it's better to not train if you're going to half ass it. :D

*cough* fire under ass *cough*

;)
Word with the last part of your sig :thumbsup:

Anyways, I have a gym fetish...can't take a day off during the week man, even if I half ass it. I will wreck the gym Monday...count on it.

Glad your back sweetie...thought I'd lost ya...whew!!:cheers:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Pic taken tonight....gettin some sick striations in my musklez

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Adding some size you hairless bastard. Is that dymatize back there? **** is delicous... thanks for reminding me. I forgot all about that.

your fridge opens from the right side? You know what that means right? You might as well have a parrot on your left shoulder if you know what I'm sayin'.

Coming along nicely though BJ. Start blasting those shoulders sugarpants. Your arms are pretty dominant!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Adding some size you hairless bastard. Is that dymatize back there? **** is delicous... thanks for reminding me. I forgot all about that.

your fridge opens from the right side? You know what that means right? You might as well have a parrot on your left shoulder if you know what I'm sayin'.

Coming along nicely though BJ. Start blasting those shoulders sugarpants. Your arms are pretty dominant!
ohh my shoulders are nice...its just the pose brutha...pic coming shortly

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you do have a lot wider shoulders than your waist. Good frame.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ya that looks really good i am sure after a while of doing what your doing you will be where you want.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
ya that looks really good i am sure after a while of doing what your doing you will be where you want.
I wanna be 230 @ 8-9% true body fat...and maintain there while going up in strength. But yeh..if I keep eating my lean sloppy joes I'll get there.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ya your probably will, i want to loose more of my body fat idk what my % is but i wanna loose some and bulk up.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Chest/Shoulders/Tris/Back Thickness/Back Width

Good workout today, nothing spectacular. But good, I increased in reps on mostly all my exercises so I will be going up in weight Thurs, or next week.

Chest: Incline DB - 50x10 - 70x10 - 80x8 - 100x3 - 100x14--RP--Flat DB 90x12

Shoulders: Seated Military DB - 20x14 - 60x6 - 80x3 - 80x12

Tris: CG Bench Press - 135x10 - 175x5 - 225x3 - 225x8

Back Thickness: T-Bar Rows - 3 plates x10 4 plates x8 - 5 plates x3 - 5 plates x10

Back Width: WG Pullups - BW x12 x10 x8 <---- real hard today...dunno why...just felt spent by the end of the W/O.

So like I said...overall good workout...solid -- nothing spectacular --- still good numbers though.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Ubi/Beelz: I was thinkin about running Mon/Tues - Wed=off - Thurs/Fri

You guys see any probs with that, as long as I am getting a good 8-9 hrs sleep per night?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I guess, I know Beez had it like that for a while, as did I. I know I was very close to overtraining though. I was getting lethargic and after 6-8 weeks stopped hitting PR's. You would probably fare well with a week off after 5-6 weeks of that schedule.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I guess, I know Beez had it like that for a while, as did I. I know I was very close to overtraining though. I was getting lethargic and after 6-8 weeks stopped hitting PR's. You would probably fare well with a week off after 5-6 weeks of that schedule.
Thats what I am thinking. Was your rest sufficient when you were running it this way?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
It was probably just sufficient.. I had 6-7 hours a night on average.. I still do for the most part... but it's not as much as I would have liked when I was doing that frequency..

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
It was probably just sufficient.. I had 6-7 hours a night on average.. I still do for the most part... but it's not as much as I would have liked when I was doing that frequency..
Right on...so I should be fine at least for a little while. I will probably run it like this for 6-7 weeks or so...depends on what my body whispers to me.

Then I will probably stop DC altogether and take about 3 weeks training one body part /day and keep it sorta light. Then start back full force.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Right on...so I should be fine at least for a little while. I will probably run it like this for 6-7 weeks or so...depends on what my body whispers to me.

Then I will probably stop DC altogether and take about 3 weeks training one body part /day and keep it sorta light. Then start back full force.
Yeah, I know it's hard, but even try a week off from the gym after going hard with that intensity and frequency... It is worth it, trust me. It's the whole "back off and grow" philosophy.. aside from the obvious "CNS recovery" philosophy. :D

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Took an off day today fellaz...I can feel myself getting sorta close to overtraining a little bit. I will probably workout tomorrow and take the long weekend. I am not totally sure on this, but we'll see. I am also upping my cals by about 300 all in fats.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Take the time off and GROW! It will be good for you.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Ok guys!!! Boy did that impromtu rest day pay off :D

Legs/Bis/Forearms

Free Squat (Just below Parallel): Bar x12 - 135x8 - 225x4 - 295x12 PR!

Hammer Leg Press (w/ feet at top): 10 plates x10 - 12 plates x6 - 16 plates x12-PR - 22 plates x4 PR!!( 1100 lbs) This is quickly becoming my best exercise in the gym.

E-Z Bar Curls: 90x10 - 135x4 - 135x20-PR!!! don't know how I did this, but I did. And by the end I had half the gym watching...was nice :D:bb3:

Standing Calf Raises: BW x20 - 200x6 - 300x14-PR!!

Rope Rolls with a 25 plates on the end (hard to describe): 3 sets rolling up and down 2x.

So anyways, HELLLLLLLLLLLA good workout today...send a bunch of PR's, being pissed the entire time could've helped, but nevertheless awesome!....time to EAT!!:food:

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man! :head: I'm squatting Friday, gonna have to one up you. :nutkick: Still a few weeks behind you on the bench though.:sad: