***b-Jack*** Workout Log~

Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by j0sh710 View Post
    ya that looks really good i am sure after a while of doing what your doing you will be where you want.
    I wanna be 230 @ 8-9% true body fat...and maintain there while going up in strength. But yeh..if I keep eating my lean sloppy joes I'll get there.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    I wanna be 230 @ 8-9% true body fat...and maintain there while going up in strength. But yeh..if I keep eating my lean sloppy joes I'll get there.
    2% cheese?
    •   

3. ya your probably will, i want to loose more of my body fat idk what my % is but i wanna loose some and bulk up.

4. Quote Originally Posted by idunk42 View Post
    2% cheese?
    hahahaha...

5. Chest/Shoulders/Tris/Back Thickness/Back Width

Good workout today, nothing spectacular. But good, I increased in reps on mostly all my exercises so I will be going up in weight Thurs, or next week.

Chest: Incline DB - 50x10 - 70x10 - 80x8 - 100x3 - 100x14--RP--Flat DB 90x12

Shoulders: Seated Military DB - 20x14 - 60x6 - 80x3 - 80x12

Tris: CG Bench Press - 135x10 - 175x5 - 225x3 - 225x8

Back Thickness: T-Bar Rows - 3 plates x10 4 plates x8 - 5 plates x3 - 5 plates x10

Back Width: WG Pullups - BW x12 x10 x8 <---- real hard today...dunno why...just felt spent by the end of the W/O.

So like I said...overall good workout...solid -- nothing spectacular --- still good numbers though.
    •   

6. Ubi/Beelz: I was thinkin about running Mon/Tues - Wed=off - Thurs/Fri

You guys see any probs with that, as long as I am getting a good 8-9 hrs sleep per night?

7. I guess, I know Beez had it like that for a while, as did I. I know I was very close to overtraining though. I was getting lethargic and after 6-8 weeks stopped hitting PR's. You would probably fare well with a week off after 5-6 weeks of that schedule.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    I guess, I know Beez had it like that for a while, as did I. I know I was very close to overtraining though. I was getting lethargic and after 6-8 weeks stopped hitting PR's. You would probably fare well with a week off after 5-6 weeks of that schedule.
    Thats what I am thinking. Was your rest sufficient when you were running it this way?

9. It was probably just sufficient.. I had 6-7 hours a night on average.. I still do for the most part... but it's not as much as I would have liked when I was doing that frequency..

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    It was probably just sufficient.. I had 6-7 hours a night on average.. I still do for the most part... but it's not as much as I would have liked when I was doing that frequency..
    Right on...so I should be fine at least for a little while. I will probably run it like this for 6-7 weeks or so...depends on what my body whispers to me.

Then I will probably stop DC altogether and take about 3 weeks training one body part /day and keep it sorta light. Then start back full force.

11. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Right on...so I should be fine at least for a little while. I will probably run it like this for 6-7 weeks or so...depends on what my body whispers to me.

Then I will probably stop DC altogether and take about 3 weeks training one body part /day and keep it sorta light. Then start back full force.
    Yeah, I know it's hard, but even try a week off from the gym after going hard with that intensity and frequency... It is worth it, trust me. It's the whole "back off and grow" philosophy.. aside from the obvious "CNS recovery" philosophy.

12. Took an off day today fellaz...I can feel myself getting sorta close to overtraining a little bit. I will probably workout tomorrow and take the long weekend. I am not totally sure on this, but we'll see. I am also upping my cals by about 300 all in fats.

13. Take the time off and GROW! It will be good for you.

14. Quote Originally Posted by DrnkMnky View Post
    Take the time off and GROW! It will be good for you.
    Your absolutely right. It just kills me to take time off, bc my evil head tells me I'm lazy and fat.

15. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Your absolutely right. It just kills me to take time off, bc my evil head tells me I'm lazy and fat.
    YOU SOUND LIKE A CHICK!

SHUT UP AND GROW!

16. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    tell your evil head that I said it's a moron.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    tell your evil head that I said it's a moron.
    I did it..

Legs/Bis/Forearms today, planning to set a PR on Bi's and Hammies, probably even squats as sad as the PR may be

18. Ok guys!!! Boy did that impromtu rest day pay off

Legs/Bis/Forearms

Free Squat (Just below Parallel): Bar x12 - 135x8 - 225x4 - 295x12 PR!

Hammer Leg Press (w/ feet at top): 10 plates x10 - 12 plates x6 - 16 plates x12-PR - 22 plates x4 PR!!( 1100 lbs) This is quickly becoming my best exercise in the gym.

E-Z Bar Curls: 90x10 - 135x4 - 135x20-PR!!! don't know how I did this, but I did. And by the end I had half the gym watching...was nice :bb3:

Standing Calf Raises: BW x20 - 200x6 - 300x14-PR!!

Rope Rolls with a 25 plates on the end (hard to describe): 3 sets rolling up and down 2x.

So anyways, HELLLLLLLLLLLA good workout today...send a bunch of PR's, being pissed the entire time could've helped, but nevertheless awesome!....time to EAT!!

19. Nice job man! Really hit the PR's today.

20. Good stuff man! I'm squatting Friday, gonna have to one up you. Still a few weeks behind you on the bench though.

21. looks like it's paying off.

Curls are disgusting. I need a video of that ****.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    looks like it's paying off.

Curls are disgusting. I need a video of that ****.
    I can get my bro to vid it on his phone I think, we shall see.

23. Pic of me holding right at 208

24. Off day today....

Just resting and growing...highly doubt I will be able to go 2 - off - 2 every week. MAYBE some weeks, but it will be the exception, not the rule.

25. why? you NEED to rebuild, so resting is jsut as important as lifting, just remember that!

26. Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    why? you NEED to rebuild, so resting is jsut as important as lifting, just remember that!
    Mr Mace, read carefully:

2 - off - 2 = Working out Mon/Tues Wed=off working out Thurs/Fri.

I said I wont be able to do this because it would take too much of a toll on my body, and NOT ENOUGH REST!!

27. so sorry! misunderstood

i typically do 2-off-2-off-off, so that is a good split!

28. Great workout....

Flat BB Bench: 135x14 - 175x8 - 225x6 - 245x12 - 335x2 ()

Shoulder Press: 135x8 - 195x3 - 175x11

V-Bar Pressdown: 50x14 - 150x6 - 220x11 (Strong)

DEADS!!: 135x12 - 225x6 - 315x2 - 375x2 - 405x2 (PR!!!)

Burnout set of WG Pullups: BWx15.5

Overall great workout today, stuff just felt light....lbs are going up next week. My DL's will be 500+ in 2 months, mark my words.

29. Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Mr Mace, read carefully:

2 - off - 2 = Working out Mon/Tues Wed=off working out Thurs/Fri.

I said I wont be able to do this because it would take too much of a toll on my body, and NOT ENOUGH REST!!
    you still planning on working out the same days (MT RF)? I find that easy to work with.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

30. Nice PR BJ.. If you hit 500 by the end of September, I'll personally punch out Jared the Subway Guy for you.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Newbie workout log
    By KRuth22 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 09:56 PM
  2. Phillyb's Workout Log
    By phillyb in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 10:14 PM
  3. Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps
    By NickW in forum Powerlifting/Strongman