The road back to glory...

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supersoldier View Post
    You use the Hammer Strength High Row, or the Low Row?
    It had 4 different grips on it. I took the neutral (the gripper is vertical) innermost grip (narrow), grabbed it low, and raised the seat so that it was a low row. At the same station if you wanted to you could lower the seat and take a higher grip for a high row.

The station also has a handle to hold onto if you want to do one armed rows. I think the official name of the staiton was the "Iso Row"

Anyway, so I suppose to answer the question, it was a low row. I did both arms at the same time.

ROM was really good, I pulled it so that the handles went just past the chest pad.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

The tendonitis is in your forearm, right? Like tennis (outside) or golfer's (inside) elbow?

I have it on both arms, golfer's elbow. Except it't way worse on the left. So I have two aircasts I use. I pretty much only wear the left arm on any workout that isn't exclusively legs.
  3. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    The tendonitis is in your forearm, right? Like tennis (outside) or golfer's (inside) elbow?

I have it on both arms, golfer's elbow. Except it't way worse on the left. So I have two aircasts I use. I pretty much only wear the left arm on any workout that isn't exclusively legs.

Mostly golfer's but yesterday I started to get BOTH on my left and golfer's on my right. I found a way of stretching that relieves the pain for a set or two. If I don't do any sets the the pain is usually relieved for a few hours at which point it goes away on it own.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yea, I stretch my forearms intensely everyday, whether i workout or not. it sucks but it's better than getting a cortisone shot. I hate those f-ckers.

look into aircasts and keep them relatively tight with the bubble whereever the pain is. It does help.
  5. Banned
    Answers

Shoulder workout was aborted. Started off with some light dumbell presses at home to see how my elbows felt and right away they started to get a slight ache. So I said screwit and I'm giving my arms a rest. Monday is chest again.
  6. Banned
    Answers

Alright, still at work right now, but workout coming up soon. Going to put those elastic cuffs on my elbows for this chest workout.

Also, I'm going to change up my workout model. I was for the most part doing progressive loading throughout my entire workout. I'm going to change it around and do progressive loading for the first exercise followed by TUT for the proceeding exercises.

So for chest I'll do BB flat bench progressive loading as usual. Then I'll do BB Incline with progressive loading with like a 2-0-4 tempo, and see how many reps I get and try to target 10 reps (60 seconds TUT). Then I'll do DB flat bench and once again try for a 2-0-4 tempo 10 reps. Finally dips 2-0-4 10 reps.

I'm guessing I may lower the weight for some of the later sets. TUT kills my muscle endurance. Also because I'm not going to be stressing my nervous system as badly the way progressive loading does, I may be able to take shorter rests.
  7. Banned
    Answers

Chest workout. I put on eleastic elbow cuffs, and that seemed to help immensely with y tendonitis. It sprang up briefly a couple times but the pain was minimal and went away usually only seconds later.

BB Flat Bench, Progressive loading:
    135x15
    185x12
    225x12
    255x8
    275x3

That last set was pretty rough. Thought I had more in me. I didn't.

BB Incline Bench, 2-0-4 tempo TUT:
    135x10
    135x10
    135x8
    135x8

DB Flat Bench, 2-0-4 tempo TUT:
    50x10 (felt too easy)
    60x10 (again I thought I could go higher)
    65x8 (I was wrong, strength absolutely disappeared on the 8th rep)
    65x8

Assisted Dip, 2-0-4 tempo TUT:
    16x8
    28x8
    34x8

Rest period between sets was 30 seconds on the dips. Because of TUT, the sets themselves took longer than the rest period.

Overal I'd say so far I think this is pretty good. By the very end my triceps actually were beginning to cramp up. I'm absolutely fine when it comes to electrolytes which means I probably completely ran out of energy there.

Tomorrow is legs. I will NOT be doing TUT for my legs though. No friggin way. Not on your life.
  8. Banned
    Answers

Today is leg day. This evening I'll be heading to a different gym to train there. They have better squat racks, newer bars, and those plates that have holes that make them easier to grab. It was also hot as balls in there last time I went.

However it being a newer gym, the equipment is more reliable and the floors are more even.

Also, I'm going to bring some knee wraps for when I try 455 again. Definitely going to focus on getting a better ROM for them at that weight. Crossing my fingers hoping it all works out ok. Hopefully I'll be able to get another 4 reps at 455.
  9. Banned
    Answers

Oh yeah, I'm back.

Squats:
    135x15
    225x10
    315x10 (belt)
    405x10 (belt)
    455x6 (belt + wraps)
    495x2 (belt + wraps)

Frock yeah. After the 6th rep on 455 I felt like I had at least another 2 in me, but I stopped there because I wanted to try for 5 plates and doing those 2 more reps would have floored me. I made sure I went real deep on the 455 squats, I didn't want a repeat of those wussy squats I did last time.

And then I loaded up 495. I had forgotten how dang heavy that crap feels on your shoulders. I managed 1 for a clear parallel with too much trouble, and then grunted all the way through the second rep. Maybe I had a third in me, maybe I didn't but I stopped there anyway. So 2 it was. Felt really darn good managing that weight. Oh and I had also forgotten what a frackin kneesaver those wraps are. My knees didn't feel a bloody thing in any of those sets. It was all quads, hams, glutes all the way on the 455 and 495.

Anyway after that I took a deently long break, and went to the leg press.

45 degree Leg Press:
    315x30
    495x20
    495x20
    495x20

Ended it there. Felt pretty good, let me tell you. Yes I did have energy for more, but I know how leg workouts can destroy me for many days later. I'm doing deadlifts on Thursday and I want energy for them.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Muscle memory is a beautiful thing!
  11. Banned
    Answers

Muscle memory is a beautiful thing!
    Hell yeah it is!

Personally I don't think I really lost much muscle at all, just CNS efficiency. So each week my CNS get's its efficiency back pretty quickly. That's why so far I've been adding 2 or more reps each week to most weights.

The one that shocked me though was the 405 where I went from 2 reps to 12 the following week. I still haven't figured out how the heck that happened.
  12. Banned
    Answers

Ugh, this morning my right arm has tendonitis like a mofo. Pain has been shooting down my forearm from my elbow nonstop. Feels like tennis elbow (outside). Been trying to stretch my tricep but that's one muscle I have a beeznoatch of a time stretching. I'm thinking that's probably the reason in the first place this tendonitis is acting up so bad.

I'm still going to the gym today no matter how bad it is. It's deadlift day and nothing is going to keep me from that.
  13. Banned
    Answers

YAY! Bad news!

I figured deadlifts would be good because they wouldn't aggravate my tendonitis. WRONG. I'm now worried that it might be something different. Perhaps I pulled my brachioradialis or something. All I know is the massive gripping effort put my right arm in pain the likes of which I haven't known in a while.

I continued with the deadlifts anyway.

Deadlift on raised platform:
    135x15
    225x15
    315x8
    365x1x3
    405x1

And ... voila hernia. Not too serious, the hernia is way up top of my abs, just below the solar plexus. Yippy.

Anyway, I tried to conitnue with the workout with wide grip lat pulldown. I figured the really wide grip would limit bicep involvement. Grip however was another issue. After the third set the pain in my right arm went all the way up to my shoulder and all the way down to my fingertips. Stretching wasn't helping at all at that point.

So long story short, I'm double forked.

Oh, Lat pulldown ultra wide grip:
    150x15
    180x12
    195x8
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Maybe you pushed too hard just getting back into things?
  15. Banned
    Answers

Maybe you pushed too hard just getting back into things?
    Maybe.

Perhaps if I were on some GH and Deca I wouldn't have gotten the tendonitis, or whatever it really is.

hernias though are unpredictable.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I had one at like 15...from lifting.

Oh well, we live and learn.

I wish I had the balls and money to mess with HGH....
  17. Banned
    Answers

I had one at like 15...from lifting.

Oh well, we live and learn.

I wish I had the balls and money to mess with HGH....
    Doesn't take balls, just money. GH is some pretty safe stuff unless you plan on dosing it too high.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Well 1+0 still doesn't equal 2...
  19. Banned
    Answers

Well 1+0 still doesn't equal 2...
    ???

Confused.

Taking thsi week off from training to recover and hopefully give my tendons a rest. Might do legs though either tonight or tomorrow.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    ???

Confused.

Taking thsi week off from training to recover and hopefully give my tendons a rest. Might do legs though either tonight or tomorrow.
    I was just saying that I still don't have the money for it.
  21. Banned
    Answers

I was just saying that I still don't have the money for it.
    Ah ok. Yeah GH is expensive stuff.

Then again, I suppose IGF1 should do pretty much the same thing as far as tendons are concerned if you take enough for systemic effects. Injuries frequently have a large number of IGF1 receptors so the risk of unwanted systemic effects should be reduced.

Meh, it's all pointless. I don't have the cash for either right now.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Back to Glory Stack?
    By TrashCanman14 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 07:45 AM
  2. Always bet on BLACK- the drive back to 4.5 with OxyECABLACK
    By memphis_slim in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 03:59 PM
  3. The Road Back to Diesel with Purus Labs ConDense
    By CATdiesel76 in forum Supplement Logs