One hell of an ABS workout!

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

One hell of an ABS workout!

ive never really had problems on my abs. i have a lot of different excersizes and i switch up my routines every couple months or so. ive done the abs diet work out (good book) along with some of my own stuf and have shown improvement. i was just wondering if someone had one crazy PROVEN abs workout that might give me something new. i do not care how crazy or intense it is. my abs are a section ive always excelled at and if i have to be hanging from a helicopter 200 ft off the ground to do some sit-ups then so be it.

thank you,

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.08%

for abs i do a work out called the boxers abs that i found about a year ago in mens health. ill try finding it and post it.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

Quote Originally Posted by motive
    for abs i do a work out called the boxers abs that i found about a year ago in mens health. ill try finding it and post it.
    thnx a lot, i do a lot of the mens health excersizes and what not. my fav fitness mag.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.6%

I never do abs. They are often sore after deadlifts, squats and bench press as I like to keep everything tight. I think those exercises are sufficient for keeping your core strong.

cc
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.14%

Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    I never do abs. They are often sore after deadlifts, squats and bench press as I like to keep everything tight. I think those exercises are sufficient for keeping your core strong.

cc

I used to do the same until my core became the weak point in squats.

I believe that I simply could not get enough direct ab stimulation from squats/deads even though my abs and sides would ache for days after a hard leg workout, and this is beltless.

I would say that if I had a choice of two exercises for abs it would be incline reverse leg lifts and the ab wheel until failure on negatives.

My stability "in the hole" on squats went up by leaps and bounds by doing direct ab work on squat day.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.27%

I like to keep it pretty simple on abs. I work them after my morning cardio about 4 times a week. I have been using this workout recently and I think it's pretty good.

1)Hanging leg raises SUPERSETTED w/ Crunches(with good strict form) 4 sets to failure...Leg raises weighted if needed)

2)Reverse Crunches on bench getting a good strench on bottom of movement. 3 x 15

3)Rope Cable Crunches 4 x Failure SUPERSETTED w/ Side bends same sets and reps.

Similar Forum Threads

1. One hell of a Pre-Workout Stack(s)
    By Colbert in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 09:17 AM
  2. It must have been one hell of a party
    By airram479 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 08:17 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 01:16 PM
  4. Pros/Cons of my ab workout
    By keater824 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 02:00 AM
  5. Amount of time I should spend on an Abs workout??
    By The Anarchist in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 06:54 PM