Redemption - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Redemption

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    Now... guyfromkop2...
    If you would read my first post as well as my reply to you earlier. You would know that I'm trying to get back into shape. This is my redemption thread. In the first post I state that the deadlifts are a warmup. I am using them to just work my lower back some. Not to kill my legs, since I do a pretty good leg day every Thursday, as well as daily cardio (except leg day). My lifts *just* started to go up this week. One reason I am going up slowley is because I do not have anyone to spot me on anything, and the weightroom I am working out in necesitates the use of collars (even though they are not required), and I am pretty sure the seniors that are there would complain if I made a huge racket with anything. I am doing the best that I can with what I have avaliable to me right now. I am truly sorry that my workouts and lifts are (obviously) not up to your standards.

ManBeast

even when you were at your best(as you put it here "I used to be 220ish, with a bench of 200 for 2 reps, squat of 275 for 4 reps, and a 300 for 2 deadlift") it was subpar for a guy your size, if you want to lose all this fat you need to put on lean muscle, lean muscle eats up fat like crazy. and taking clen, t3, and whatever other fat burners you are taking is just eating up whatever little lean muscle you have and are putting on. since your lifts arent going up you are eating upwhatever lean muscle you are putting on. lifts not going up = you not gaining muscle = you not buring up fat that will stay off. very simple. one of the biggest problems with this and many other boards is everyone thinks if they take supplement xyz then they will lose all sorts of fat. you're 270, put some damn weight on the bar.

Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Look, i'm NOT on t3 (which eats muscle), clen has actually been shown to be slightly anti-catabolic when used with proper training and diet. Again, my lifts ARE going up, I just have to be cautious due to the environment I am able to work in. I *think* that getting an extra rep (or more) is adding weight. The DBs in my gym go up in 5 pound increments, which is TOO much for certain exercises. Some of the Cable-based machines only go up in 10 or 15 pound intervals. I have to adapt to my surroundings and utilize them to the fullest I can. I also have to be safe, and to me, without having a spotter, that means I have to be more cautious and very *sure* of myself before I add weight. I am also what some might call a "form nazi". I make sure that I keep near-perfect form on every rep of every set, and control the weight. None of the "ballistic bounce benching" that I have seen so many people do, or the 1/4-squat with the knees past the toes and all of the weight on the balls of the feet. Finally, I am not trying to add muscle at this point. If I do... wonderful. I am just trying not to loose the muscle I have while annihilating as much fat as possible. I am NOT loosing muscle, my definition is getting better and better, my girlfriend has noticed (and she sees me every day) a significant change in the last couple months. Also, I am an Endo-meso bodytype (i would say 70% endo, 30% meso) So I might have to do things differently than you... There is not a "one size fits all" solution to getting rid of fat.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Wednesday:
    -5 minute warmup on bike
    -Arnold Press db
    *20x10 (warmup), 25x12, 40x6
    -Arnold Curl db
    *15x10 (warmup), 25x12, 30x7
    -Vert BB Press
    *65x12, 90x7
    -Shrugs
    *200x12, 230x10
    -Lat Raises db
    10x12, 20x7
    -Cable Abs
    *50x15, 60x12
    -20 minutes cardio on Elliptical

ManBeast
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
    •   

Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I'm with manbeast on this one. Some of us have extremely different goals and have to meet them using whatever available means we have. And calling someone out over their lifts is kinda messed up to begin with when they are trying to return to the gym.

I can bench over 400 raw at ~230 pounds. WHile not impressive to most who visit these boards i'm quite confidant i'll be able to 2x my body weight soon.

If I remember right GFK you're over 300 pounds. Are you close to 600 pounds bench raw?

What i'm getting at is that it's an unfair comparison. Our goals are different. Our body types are different and our surroundings/lifestyles are different.

We should be here for support and push people into the right direction. Advice because we see improper supp use or routines that need some serious tweaking is one thing. Calling someone's lifts pathetic is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I'm with manbeast on this one. Some of us have extremely different goals and have to meet them using whatever available means we have. And calling someone out over their lifts is kinda messed up to begin with when they are trying to return to the gym.

I can bench over 400 raw at ~230 pounds. WHile not impressive to most who visit these boards i'm quite confidant i'll be able to 2x my body weight soon.

If I remember right GFK you're over 300 pounds. Are you close to 600 pounds bench raw?

What i'm getting at is that it's an unfair comparison. Our goals are different. Our body types are different and our surroundings/lifestyles are different.

We should be here for support and push people into the right direction. Advice because we see improper supp use or routines that need some serious tweaking is one thing. Calling someone's lifts pathetic is another.

i'm not calling his lifts pathetic, i'm calling his progression pathetic, in a month's time his body weight has stayed the same, and his lifts have barely gone up in weight and reps. according to his past prs and muscle memory, he should of made leaps and bounds in his first month back. for someone who's trying to lose all this weight, what i can see from his journal alone is he's not pushing himself. we go around a lot of the same boards jayhawk and dont tell me that on the other boards people would tell him to put the clen down and be critiquing his routine. if he was doing the dieting/workout correctly, he would be getting leaner and stronger all at the same time, that's just the way it goes and how our bodies react.

and no can do on benching 600, and even if i could i wouldnt, i like my tri's and shoulders

oh and benching over 400 raw is impressive, dont kid yourself
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Ok... lets do a little counting here.
    Started (i start sundays) the cardio day on 9-10
    Started log on 9-11-06
    Spent 1 week on NOTIHNG just figuring out the workout. I also really cleaned up my diet this week.
    Started Clen 9-17.
    Did not loose any weight that week, and knew why.
    Spent this week figuring out exactly what weights work right, being safe and not ever having a spotter.
    9-25 weighed two pounds less than 9-18.
    Spent the next week correcting mistakes (too light/heavy) from last week (again no spotter).
    FINALLY starting on 10-1 I was able to go into the gym and know where I could push, and where I was good on weights. Yes my weight is up, but I speculated as to why in a specific post. I also included my comments about my clothing, and what the mirror shows me. Which to me is way more important than a scale (until they have one that accurately tells you your bodyfat... then the scale MIGHT have an advantage).

If you read what I am trying to do with each set in the first post of this thread, and then compare it to what I am doing on those sets, you will see that there has been some progress on a good amount of the lifts. You just don't seem to understand how hard it is to push yourself when there is nobody to spot you, and you can't just tip a bar or drop weights. I am working out at a YMCA, so far, nobody really does anything super hardcore there, and nobody talks to anybody unless they already know them (I am from another state entirely, and I'm in a town of 12,000 where everyone knows each other from birth pretty much, my college had 16,000 people). It just isn't the atmosphere for intense hardcore training without a spotter. I have to re-learn where my failure points are. Could I get better results, probably back at my old gym, where I had friends I could lift with who liked to train hardcore. Here everyone does the "Men's Fitness" or "Men's Health" workout, or circut trains. Most people have piss-poor form and are only lifting for their ego, or half-assing it because thier parents/significant other/etc. makes them go. C'mon out here and spot me if you want me to push myself even harder.

ManBeast

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    Ok... lets do a little counting here.
    Started (i start sundays) the cardio day on 9-10
    Started log on 9-11-06
    Spent 1 week on NOTIHNG just figuring out the workout. I also really cleaned up my diet this week.
    Started Clen 9-17.
    Did not loose any weight that week, and knew why.
    Spent this week figuring out exactly what weights work right, being safe and not ever having a spotter.
    9-25 weighed two pounds less than 9-18.
    Spent the next week correcting mistakes (too light/heavy) from last week (again no spotter).
    FINALLY starting on 10-1 I was able to go into the gym and know where I could push, and where I was good on weights. Yes my weight is up, but I speculated as to why in a specific post. I also included my comments about my clothing, and what the mirror shows me. Which to me is way more important than a scale (until they have one that accurately tells you your bodyfat... then the scale MIGHT have an advantage).

If you read what I am trying to do with each set in the first post of this thread, and then compare it to what I am doing on those sets, you will see that there has been some progress on a good amount of the lifts. You just don't seem to understand how hard it is to push yourself when there is nobody to spot you, and you can't just tip a bar or drop weights. I am working out at a YMCA, so far, nobody really does anything super hardcore there, and nobody talks to anybody unless they already know them (I am from another state entirely, and I'm in a town of 12,000 where everyone knows each other from birth pretty much, my college had 16,000 people). It just isn't the atmosphere for intense hardcore training without a spotter. I have to re-learn where my failure points are. Could I get better results, probably back at my old gym, where I had friends I could lift with who liked to train hardcore. Here everyone does the "Men's Fitness" or "Men's Health" workout, or circut trains. Most people have piss-poor form and are only lifting for their ego, or half-assing it because thier parents/significant other/etc. makes them go. C'mon out here and spot me if you want me to push myself even harder.

ManBeast
    you dont need clen to lose weight unless you are a bber and need to get down a couple percentages in time for a show.

i trained for years without a steady spotter, even now i train alone, and to this day i only use a spotter on squats when i'm doing my last one or two squats before a meet, and that's because i'm in full gear. i've learned to dump the bar off my back and/or squat in a rack. not hard if you're not in gear. i only truely need a spotter/lift off guy when i'm doing my shirt work, and that's because it's nearly impossible to shirt bench w/o a spotter. so the needing a spotter thing is not a valid excuse, the weight room is no place for excuses . it doesnt hurt to ask someone real quick for a spot if you really need one.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

I am NOT using it as an excuse, but honestly, I would rather work back to weights safely, than have a problem. I can't drop weights at all here, you get funny looks if you re-rack loudly, and forget making noise (even exhaling loud) while doing a set unless you want everyone (especially the older folks) looking at you and/or complaining to the staff about how disruptive you are. I'm not a BBer, I know my body, I have done my research, I have a few tools at my disposal to help me. I am not risking my health. If I start to feel wrong in anyway, no sh!t I'm going to stop things and re-evaluate. I don't care how you train. I am not going to go significantly past where I know I can make a lift without a spotter. There is no real squat cage, it is just a rack with about 1 foot per side to catch the bar if you have to put it down. It is a "fitness center" not a real weightroom... No it does not hurt to ask, but honestly, judging how people don't let others work in, and don't respect other peoples space, I highly doubt that they are going to spot someone, let alone someone they don't even know. You are not out here at this POS gym, I wish there was better around, but there isn't...

But this is really getting ridiculous. I just wanted a place to keep a log to track my progress and get *constructive* criticizm.

ManBeast
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Thursday:
    -5 minute warmup on bike
    -Squats
    *100x12(warmup), 150x10, 175x7, 205x5
    -Front Squats
    *100x12, 125x10
    -SLDL
    *150x10 (I forgot I should do 12), 175x10, 175x10
    -Leg Press (plates per side)
    *3x8, 4+10x5
    -Calves (plates per side)
    *12x3, 9x4, 5x6

ManBeast
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

How did the leg workout feel to you? I'm still having serious issues with leg days due to my back.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Well, I like the way it feels. I usually have a *bit* of trouble properly walking up my stairs right afterwards. During the workout, I feel my lower back doing its job (mostly during the front squats), it gets a bit tired by the end (which is why I put leg press at the end to go super heavy on), but feels a lot better by the time I get to my car, and is not noticable 1 hour after working out. I like this split a lot, although I do wish I had 5 days to lift, but hey, you gotta work with what you got right?

ManBeast
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Exactamundo! Gotta do with what you have. I find I have to work real light weight with higher reps to get a workout that doesn't end 5 minutes into it. it's embarassing when you're throwing around pretty good weight upper body and squatting 225. But I do with what I can.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

I understand that. I know that people on this board understand that Form and Saftey come before Weight (to prevent injuries etc.), but it is truly amazing how many people out in the "real world" don't seem to understand this... And ever since I've started to lift at the YMCA, I have learned that this problem isn't only with "kids" or "Young Adults" even seniors can (and will) do some really stupid things when it comes to weightlifting. I really wish that more people would realize that NOBODY cares how much you lift, or how many times you lift it... but they will get annoyed if you grunt and scream with every rep!

ManBeast
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

looking good bro.. look forward to your progress. Keep this one going.

I've never had a spotter either.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Weekend update... Didn't get any "real" cardio in unless you count running around for 30 minutes in a lazer tag game (I won!), and chasing 2 little kids (2 and 3 years old) around a park, playing catch, and just trying to keep them from sprinting into a damn lake... for about 2 hours. Man... now that was some cardio...

Weighed in this morning at 260! I had to check the scale 3 or 4 times because I couldn't believe it. I felt like I was holding water last week, but I didn't think I'd drop 10 lbs including the water this week! This tri-lean sytem *really* works. I am never hungry (and this is very strange to me), I have to remember/force myself to eat. Hyperdrive really wakes me up in the morning (even 1), and Lean Dreams really get me into a good sleep (I feel dang good after 6 hours, even if that's all I get each night for a week so far). Thumbs up to this stack.

Monday:
    -5 minute warmup on bike(#)
    -Deads
    *100x10, 100x12
    -BO BB Row
    *90x10, 115x7
    -Oly Bar Curl
    *50x10, 65x6
    -Assisted chins (lifted)
    *100x12, 120x7
    -Hammer Curl db
    *25x8, 35x5 (last one with spot from my girlfriend)
    -standing 45 deg cable row
    *80x12, 105x10
    -Rear delt flyes
    *80x12, 95x9
    -20 minutes cardio on elliptical

ManBeast
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I'd consider that cardio MB
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

congrats on your progress! Your goal will be closer and closer now. That's all you need for motivation bro.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Thanks Ubi.
    Monday:
    5 minutes cardio on bike.
    -Flyes db
    20x10, 25,10
    -Flat Bench
    *130x10, 155x6
    -Inc Db
    *35x12, 40x12
    -Dips (lifted)
    *Chest: 100x7, 110x5
    *Tris: 100x7
    -Skulls
    *30x12 (I grabbed the wrong weights to put on the bar...)
    40x12, 50x9 followed by 10 CG press with no pause. (going to add this in)
    -Cable Tri
    50x15, 60x10
    -30 minutes cardio on bike.

ManBeast
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

How do you like starting your chest with Flyes?

Your tris must have been fried at the end huh? cables get HARD if I leave them for last.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

I am actually liking it. I feel that it allows me to get more of my pecs involved in the bench since I can't take the bar down into full extension when doing a BB bench. It isn't effecting my flat bench all that much it seems. I really don't *care* what I bench right now, I don't do the flyes to total failure, and I only approach failure on the Flat bench. I would rather hit total failure on the incline press or the dips, since I won't get caught under a bar.

Yes... by the end, my tris are completely fried, and lord did the random program on the bike have it out for me yesterday...

ManBeast
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Wednesday:
    -5 minutes cardio on bike
    -Arnold Press db
    *20x10 warmup, 25x12, 40x7
    -Arnold curl db
    *15x10 (warmup), 25x12, 30x8
    -Vert BB press
    *70x12, 90x8
    -Shrugs
    *200x12, 240x10
    -Lat raises db
    10x15, 20x8
    -cable abs
    *50x15, 60x12
    -30 minutes cardio on elliptical.

ManBeast
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Thursday:
    -Squats
    *100x12 (warmup), 150x10, 175x7, 205x5
    -Front Squats
    *12x100, 7x125 + 5 x125 (my calves felt like they were going to fail, so I re-racked, got pissed, and did some more).
    -SLDL
    *150x12, 180x10
    -Leg Press (plates per side)
    3x8, 4+15x6
    -Calves (plates per side)
    *3x12, 4x10, 5x6

I was bored so I then did 3 reps of leg press at 5 plates per side, and then 2 more calf raises at 5 plates.

ManBeast
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

I'd throw in at least another Hammy move in that puppy to get those suckers worked over.

I dig that you incorporate Front Squats, it's a underrated exercise.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

What would you suggest for hammies? I don't want to do goodmornings (no safe place really), and I am not a huge fan of the hamstring curl machine... I also think that my hams are a lot stronger than my quads already... But I'm still learning (probably always will be).

Yes, the front squats are BRUTAL... I do them with a closer stance than my normal squats (more like an oly lifter), and they really kill..

ManBeast
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

I like the leg curls or variations of... single kneeling leg curl.. etc.
    But if you don't like them, that's cool. I just noticed you have a lot of primarily pressing exercises and only one hammy.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

I'll hit them like that, I was figuring that my relatively wide stance for my normal squats (and semi-wide for leg press) would help with that.

ManBeast
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

we have a few different leg curl stations, and one in which you kneel at and curl with one leg.. it's brutal at high weights.. you feel your erectors come into play.

I like higher reps on the laying leg curls.

You do recruit them in your compound presses, but I'm sure you'll feel more of a general "worked" feeling if you work on them in a more balanced fashion. That's just my experience.

GHR's are a *****, I'm working myself up to using them in my rotation.. short munchkins like Glen can get away with them.

balance is something I am fond of these days. Although I think you are bringing up a good point, to work on your weaknesses.

I think my quads and hams/glutes are at par with one another now because of that.

You could try sumo leg press as well, where you your feet are up on the platform and you push with the heels. Basically, at the bottom position your knees are very close to your shoulders. I did them for the first time on my current rotation and I couldn't walk for 2 days, your inner thighs will be fried. Those leg curls have been a waste of time for me.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

UBI: what's a GHR.... I know I'll probably say "doh!" when ya tell me, but.. I'm drawing a complete blank..

machinehead: If I only had a platform...

ManBeast
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

glute ham raise

not to be confused with hypers.

Pumping the Posterior
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Weekend update:
    It sucked... Lotsa crazy **** came up and I was only able to hit the bike for 30 minutes on Friday.

Monday weigh-in: 260 (still...)
    Monday:
    -5 minutes warmup on bike
    -Deadlifts
    *100x10, 120x10
    -BO BB Row
    *90x10, 115x6
    -Oly curl
    *50x10, 65x8
    -Assisted Chins (lifted)
    *100x12, 120x7
    -Hammer Curl
    *25x8, 35x5
    -45 deg row
    *80x12, 105x10
    -Rear Delt Flyes
    *80x12, 95x10

It is strange that my weight hasn't gone down, because just over the last week I have had to tighten up my belt a notch to keep my damn pants up!!! I am also noticing a *tiny* bit more definition, so I don't know what the f*ck is going on really. No quitting here though!

ManBeast
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

maybe you're recomping, which of course is ideal.

throw your scale out the window ... weight is so worthless ... it has so much to do with when you last ate, how much water you're holding, whether or not you've taken a dump .. just go by the mirror or your measurements

hell since the end of august i've dropped at least 2-3% of my bodyfat but my weight hasn't changed at all
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

I agree with that glen... I just figured it is an "easy" way to track things... I do try and weigh at the same time each week. In the early morning after the dump/piss when I'm feeling a *bit* dehydrated. But my life has been pretty chaotic right now and I tend to get dehydrated over the weekends and hold water mon-wed.... *shrug*

Tuesday:
    -5 minute warmup on bike
    -DB pec flyes
    20x10, 25x10
    -Flat bench
    130x10, 160x6
    -Incline DB
    *40x12, 45x9
    -Dips
    *Chest: 100x8, 110x6
    *Triceps: 100x6
    *I then waited for someone to stop using the 1 ez-bar to do "reverse-grip power cleans" (full-body curls...), got pissed/bored and did another set of tricep dips for 12 reps at 100 pounds lifted
    -Skull crushers
    *40x12, 50x10
    -Immediately did 10 reps of cg press with 50 lbs from skulls
    -Cable Triceps
    *50x15, 60x10
    -20 minutes cardio on bike (was pressed for time)

ManBeast
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Wednesday:
    -Arnold Press
    *20x10 , 30x12, 40x6
    -Arnold Curl
    *15x10 (warmup), 25x12, 30x8
    -Vert BB press
    70x12, 90x8
    -Shrugs
    *12x200, 10x240
    -2 sets of rotator cuff exercises

I left after this because I was tired, the gym was way too crowded and I was pressed for time. I just can't stand waiting around to do things because some f*cktard is flapping their jaw and trying to show off for a girl or his buddies...

ManBeast
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Well, this weekend sucked, thankfully I was too busy to eat much... Lets hope for a better week this week.

Still weighing 260 (it looks more like 259, but whatever).

ManBeast
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

monday:
    -Deads
    *100x12, 125x10
    -BO row
    *95x10, 115x7
    -Oly Curl
    *55x10, 75x7
    -Assisted chins (lifted)
    *100x12, 120x8
    -Hammer Curl
    *25x8, 35x5
    -45 degree row
    *80x12, 105x8
    -Rev flyes
    *80x12, 95x8
    -20 minutes cardio on bike

been feeling very tired lately, I also couldn't keep my heartrate down while working out so I used the bike instead of the Elliptical.

ManBeast
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

hmm... do you think it's time for a little break buddy?
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Yah... from the rest of my life. I actually managed to get about 8 hours of sleep last night and I feel wonderful compared to the last few days.

ManBeast
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

sleep deprivation.. gotcha

I got pissed and smashed a coffee mug over my head this weekend. Talk about stupid? I'm a easy going guy but I got so mad I felt that was the only recourse.. to an ARGUEMENT!!

you can laugh now.. I have porcelein in my scalp. I've never pulled such idiotic **** before.. not even as a teenager. I don't know what was up with that "acting out"... lol

Anyways, we all need a break sometime.

non-sequitur sidebar terminated

Similar Forum Threads

1. Redemption - Mass_69's Retransformation Journal
    By Mass_69 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 07:18 PM
  2. Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps
    By NickW in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 12:16 AM
  3. The Cost of Redemption