Khan8 log

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First of all a big thank you to guyfromkop2 for answering all my questions by email and talking to me and giving me this split.

ok so im pretty sure i know what to do for keeping this log, anyways, it starts monday.
the split will be:

monday:
Squats 2 x 5 OR
Box squats 2 x 5
incline Leg presses 1 x 20 (pick 1 of the squats + the leg presses)
bb good mornings 2x 8
pull thrus 2 x 20reps video - http://www.midwestbarbell.com/videos/backpullthrough.wmv
decline bench sit ups 2x20
good girl machine 1 x 25 reps
bad girl machine 1 x 25 reps
INCLINE LEG PRESS CALF RAISES (TOE PUSHES) 2x 10 (controlled, and full ROM)

Tuesday:
2x20 internal rotation on cable machine (each arm)
2x20 external rotation on cable machine (each arm)
Wide grip flat bench 2 x 6 (index fingers on the rings)
palms facing (hammer) grip db press 2 x 8-12 reps
tricep push downs 1-2 x 20
db side laterals 1-2 x 10reps light
db front raises 1-2 x 10reps light
bent over db raises 1-2 x 10 reps

Thursday:
sumo deadlifts (rotate variations each week, week one from the floor next week in a rack with bar below knee level) 2 x 5
SEATED leg curls 2x 10
cable rope crunches 2x20
(as wide as i can) grip pull ups, one at a time until i reach 7 reps
bent over bb rows 2 x 4-8reps
Standing EX bar curls 2 x 8 reps (or your favorite curl here)
db hammer curls or reverse curls 2 x 8 reps

15 year old, 148 pounds, about 6' 1".

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
khan, you need to listen me man, i told you to do no more than 8 wide grip pull ups, when you can start doing reps dont go over 2x8, when 2x8 gets easy start straping some weight to yourself. do laying down leg curls or sitting, NOT STANDING. and only do decline situps on squat day, do ab pulldowns on the cable machine 2x20 on deadlift day. if you want me to keep helping you YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY!!!!

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it says 7 wide grip pull ups, thats not more than 8.
and i didnt know it was supposed to be seated leg curls, ill change that, sorry.

and i thought you meant ALL ab work is on decline bench.

ok i made the changes. routine look right now?

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
nope, change the leg curls to seated or laying and decline abs go on squat day and cable abs go on deadlift day.

and what are the wrist curls for?

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
do not do standing leg curls. change that.

and you have to remember what i said about listening. what are the wrist curls for? are you trying to improve your grip?

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sorry i thought i had changed it to seated

and yes thats my added forearm workout i have been doing it on leg day for a few weeks i like it i increased to weights a little bit.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and its mostly to develope forearms i have puny forearms

at the same time, it will improve grip too

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and after this routine (8 weeks) i can start a balanced routine that will be good for muscle size/symmetry right?

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
and after this routine (8 weeks) i can start a balanced routine that will be good for muscle size/symmetry right?

when you can bench over 225 for reps, squat over 225 for reps, and deadlift over 225 for reps then you can do something else. this is a mass builder and will pack muscle on. but you have to eat, and imean eat a lot, you're 15, you're not going to look like arnold in 8 weeks.

and drop the wrist curls, you will get big forearms from deadlifting. and if you want grip work, throw in static holds 2x10sec or failure at the end of bench days

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And the pain sets in. Some people have no clue what they are getting themselves into when they ask for a trainer. I'm watching this thread :)

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i thought you said 8 weeks, you never mentioned until im benching squatting and dead 225+

and not doing incline presses, wont i get ***** tits and no upper chest development? and i know this split is for strength, but i was originally looking for a split for mass/symmetry

and explain your reasoning for this split, my goals wernt even strength...

ANYONE if you want to critique this split, go ahead.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry bro, if you expect to get in depth help from someone you can't openly try to get alternate help. It's sort of disrespectful. If you don't trust someone then you shouldn't ask for their help in that regard.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok well sorry yea hes helpfull and gave me this routine, but i want to make sure everything is correct/opinions, you blame me for wanting to make sure before i jump into something ive never seen?
im not just treating this as a "give it a try for a while", as if i have that much time...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't blame you for wanting the best opinions. However, you should of made sure that was clear since to me it seems that GFK is under the impression he is guiding you through this workout. Something that takes time.

I just think you need to be clear in your expectations. Post a thread asking for opinions for this and that but don't start a log and after it has started you are questioning things before anyone even posted otherwise.

Just my opinion man but I know I would take offense.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok well i didnt know it was going to be disrespectful sorry GFK2.

anyways, feel free to critique

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
i thought you said 8 weeks, you never mentioned until im benching squatting and dead 225+

and not doing incline presses, wont i get ***** tits and no upper chest development? and i know this split is for strength, but i was originally looking for a split for mass/symmetry

and explain your reasoning for this split, my goals wernt even strength...

ANYONE if you want to critique this split, go ahead.
Sorry khan, but if I was guy and read this post I'd bust one of these on ya :nono: :aargh: :numbered: :saw:

You'll get bigger as you get stronger, dont worry about it for now. JUST LIFT AND EAT. There is no big fat freggin' secret to training.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
are u guys joking or something i dont see the big deal if i came across as rude then i apologize end of subject lets get back to training i mean seriously...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Its the last line. It basically says "okay, I'll take what help I can get but you sound like you're pulling this stuff out of your ass so if anyone has a better idea give it to me." At least that's how I read it.

And, good idea. We definitely need to get back to the training portion. In fact, I think it would be a great thing for you to stop stressing so much on the training anymore and just do it. That was a big mistake for myself and many other people. We get obsessed with the details and it really becomes detrimental to do so.

Good luck with the trianing bud.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok thank you and im still doing the split i trust him enough to follow it, anyways ok ill start posting my workouts starting monday

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its the last line. It basically says "okay, I'll take what help I can get but you sound like you're pulling this stuff out of your ass so if anyone has a better idea give it to me." At least that's how I read it.

And, good idea. We definitely need to get back to the training portion. In fact, I think it would be a great thing for you to stop stressing so much on the training anymore and just do it. That was a big mistake for myself and many other people. We get obsessed with the details and it really becomes detrimental to do so.

Good luck with the trianing bud.
if anything it was a 'can you please explain the reasoning behind this training so i can fully understand rather than randomly take something off the internet like a dumbass'

i was just curios about the limited numbers of sets, exercises, etc.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you're 15 6'1 148 lbs, i know girls that are bigger than that. basically you are a string bean, getting bigger and stronger should be your #1 priority and this routine will do it for you, any more explination needed?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
if anything it was a 'can you please explain the reasoning behind this training so i can fully understand rather than randomly take something off the internet like a dumbass'

i was just curios about the limited numbers of sets, exercises, etc.
Okay, sure. we all know that between 6-12 reps or so is good for hypertrophy, 1-5 for strength, etc. We've got studies to prove that by now.

Now, a great way to get big is to lift heavy weights for those reps, right? If you build up a good strength base, you can lift heavier weights for more reps right? So...who do you think will get bigger: the kid who focus' on trainign like a bodybuilder with little weight or one who starts out training for strength and then switches over later? Let me give you a clue. The kid who got strong will be able to do more reps with more weight by virtue of the strength difference. I see his muscles responding more favorably.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you're 15 6'1 148 lbs, i know girls that are bigger than that. basically you are a string bean, getting bigger and stronger should be your #1 priority and this routine will do it for you, any more explination needed?
nope u basically wrapped it up just a few more questions

for warm up sets, for example on bench,
i would do 1 LIGHT set of five (not reaching failure on any warm up set),
1 LIGHT set of 3,
1 LIGHT set of 1
1 LIGHT set of 1
then start the workout?

and am i supposed to reach failure on working sets?

and how did u say to bench to make it less stressful on the RC?
lost the info

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and do u guys just like bring a pencil and a notepad with u to the gym and write the weight down after each set?

thanks

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Okay, sure. we all know that between 6-12 reps or so is good for hypertrophy, 1-5 for strength, etc. We've got studies to prove that by now.

Now, a great way to get big is to lift heavy weights for those reps, right? If you build up a good strength base, you can lift heavier weights for more reps right? So...who do you think will get bigger: the kid who focus' on trainign like a bodybuilder with little weight or one who starts out training for strength and then switches over later? Let me give you a clue. The kid who got strong will be able to do more reps with more weight by virtue of the strength difference. I see his muscles responding more favorably.
exactly, thank you kwyckemynd00

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
nope u basically wrapped it up just a few more questions

for warm up sets, for example on bench,
i would do 1 LIGHT set of five (not reaching failure on any warm up set),
1 LIGHT set of 3,
1 LIGHT set of 1
1 LIGHT set of 1
then start the workout?

and am i supposed to reach failure on working sets?

and how did u say to bench to make it less stressful on the RC?
lost the info

start saving your emails because i'm starting to answer the same questions 3 times now. yes do that as a warm up. on core movements have the last rep be a real grinder and everything else have a couple reps left in you.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/jm-article.htm

Evo

Awards
Woah I thought GFK would of got p1ssed off with you now Khan but he's stuck to you.
He looks like he knows his things so I'd listen to him considering I'm just a little older than you.
Best of luck with your log,and to you Guy,you'll need it I think lol.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Woah I thought GFK would of got p1ssed off with you now Khan but he's stuck to you.
He looks like he knows his things so I'd listen to him considering I'm just a little older than you.
Best of luck with your log,and to you Guy,you'll need it I think lol.
he's only 15 so he's getting some slack, but that slack is almost up

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
for good mornings, sldl, and rope cable pull throughs, i should have a slight bend in the knees with a arched or flat back (not rounded forward) and head facing forward (not down) right?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
if you google the exercise you'll find pictures of how to do them khan.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well it says straight leg recruits lower back and knees bent rerfuits hammies

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Barbell Good-morning
Straight legs, back straight/slightly backwards. Generally speaking you don't want your back to arch forward for any exercise so stick with either straight or slightly arched backward.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Abdominals don't really need direct exercise imo, they get plenty of use supporting your body throughout the day and while working out.

If you want to do abdominal exercises then try to do lower rep, higher weight sets but if you can't (for whatever reason) then don't worry about it and continue doing ~20 reps.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh ok well ill trust the split and just do the routine how it is then (20 reps)
thanks

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1) for pull thrusts, isnt my form going to be off just like on deads if i do higher reps?
jw cause this is a lower back exercise

and

2) The Abdominal FAQ Training Thread - Bodybuilding.com Forums
look at question number 5, read the answer...

khan, leave abs where they're at, dont change a thing, they're high for a reason, gms and squats will help your abs a lot. and use a weight that your form stays on, not that hard to break form on PULL THRUS and 2. DONT EVER READ ANYTHING ON BODYBUILDING.COM that website is horrible and is filled with horrible advice. if you are going to read any articles go here EliteFTS - Superior Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers and read all their articles. once again DO NOT GO TO BODYBUILDING.COM stop asking questions trying to get the routine changed, it's set up the way it is for a reason. you will thank me later

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oph one important question!
how much time do i wait between sets???

thanks

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
oph one important question!
how much time do i wait between sets???

thanks

bare minimum of 2 minutes. sometimes i wait 10-15 between very heavy sets. bascially till your body is fully recovered.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oo ok so basicallly when i am fresh for the next set ok thanks

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok well today was good for figuring out how much i rep on everything for next time anyways,

squats HAMS TO CALVES (LOW)
warm up set 1: 5 reps bar
warm up set 2: 3 reps bar
warm up set 3: 1 rep bar
warm up set 4: 1 rep bar

working set 1, 5 reps: bar
working set 2, 5 reps: bar

incline leg press
working set 1, 20 reps: 25 EACH SIDE

bb good mornings
working set 1, 8 reps: BAR (EASY)
working set 2, 8 reps: 65

rope cable pull thrusts
working set 1, 20 reps: 40
working set 2, 20 reps: ONLY GOT 15 REPS 30

decline bench sit ups
working set 1, 20 reps: BODY WEIGHT
working set 2, 20 reps: ONLY GOT 17 REPS HOLDING A 10

good girl
working set 1, 25 reps: 80 (EASY)
working set 2, 25 reps: 110

bad girl
working set 1, 25 reps: ONLY GOT 19 REPS 110
working set 2, 25 reps: 90

incline leg press calves
working set 1, 10 reps: 25 EACH SIDE (NOT FULL ROM)
working set 2, 10 reps: 10 EACH SIDE