Basso's "A"mazing Transformation Log

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I decided to start this log for a few reasons
1. Motivation, after doing my last log I realized how much motivation it provided me, knowing that I was going to post after pics and the encouragement from the AM community
2. I want to give everyone doing this little transformation contest a fighting chance, if I kept my progress a secret, it would be a no-contest win. This way you can see where I'm at and work a little harder and try to keep up. :D
3. Hey I need some points, so at least I'll get a couple a day if I keep this log up, who knows in a couple years I might get some cool free stuff!

Goal: Cut/Recomp, I'm not to worried about gaining a lot of LBM but I definitely don't want to lose any so instead of a straight cut, I'm going to treat it more like a recomp. By 1 Sept I want to be at 12-15% BF, of course I'd love to exceed that but I feel I'd lose too much muscle if I tried.

Diet: For now I'm carb cycling, this is my first week so I will stick with it till it slows down and then go to something else. I'm doing Sun-Tue (P/C/F) 325/70/100(~2500cals), and Wed-Fri 325/325/100(~3500cals), Saturdays I'm biking so I normally eat at a Korean resturant and I have no idea how to count that, the rest of the day will be moderate carbs. I will be logging on Fitday any suggestions or inputs are welcome! Just remember availability of foods is a real problem for me, so I have to work with what I have.
FitDay.com - Diet and Fitness journal for derryckw

Cardio: 2-3 20 minutes sessions on a stationary bike, on Sat I normally do 30-50 miles on a bike and once a month I go on a Mountian Bike trip which is normally around 4 hours on the bike. When fat loss slows I will increase times and intensity as necessary.

Workout: Everyday I can go, I'm there, I rotate heavy and light days so if I do heavy back on Mon, I'll do light legs on Wed. Days off come when I can't make it, which happens once in a while. The last week of July Mon-Fri I will not be able to go to the gym, because of this crazy schedule I don't do set body parts on set days, I just keep going in order and if I miss a day, I pick up were I left off.
Due to the diet my heavy days are not that heavy and my light days are light. I've come to the conclusion that I can not P/L and cut at the same time without getting hurt, so while I will continue to do DLs, Squats, GMs etc. I won't be doing max lift w/o's.

History: Below is a pic from Feb05 which is pretty much were I was Feb06, I started really making progess about 8 weeks ago when I found myself in a tiny apartment in South Korea. The good thing about being away from home is that I have total control of my diet and all the junk that my wife keeps in the house for the kids is nonexistent. But anyway the next pics are from my last log which started 13May and ended on 22June and at this time I'm still pretty much at those stats.

Height: 5'9"

Supplements: Minimal
Multi
C
Cissus
REM R3G
ZMA
Fish+Flax oil
Stims Rampage/StimX/Spike and whatever else I aquire as needed
Possibly MeltingPoint/Basic Cuts for 30 days which would add Potassium
I'm also contemplating Mtrn/Zol but I'd like to wait until Sep to start after 8 weeks of cutting Natty.

I haven't kept a w/o log in years, but I will attempt to do it during this log. I'll try to post daily, and on September 1, I will post stats and pics.

Any advice, questions, comments are welcome!

Let the ripping begin.

Last edited:
Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Basso, just do me one favour...don't get bigger :blink: Just get cut and keep most of that size then randomly shout "I'm the Juggernaut bitch!" in the gym :icon_lol:

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Ziricote, since your the Cookie Rep I'll do it!

I started on Sun (July 2) so I'll just give a quick recap of my week so far and I'll try to start logging my w/o's tomorrow.
Sunday:
Light legs and Bis
Squat: 135x15x5
Leg extension: 100x10x3 6sec TUT
Hammer strength curls 50lb per leg 10x3
DB curls 60x10x3
Curl bar 95x10x3 4sec TUT
Monday: I rode about 30 miles so my legs were a bit beat
Chest + Tris
Bench 225x15x3
incline DB fly 80x10x3
Cable crossovers 15x2 from under and 15x2 from over
DB skull crushers 50x10x3
pushdowns 15x3
Tues:
Back+Bis
DL 135x10, 225x10, 315x8, 405x6, 495x3
Bentover Rows 275x8x3
Cable rows 10x3
DB Rows 150x10x3
DB curls 40x20x3
Cable curls 15x3
Wed
Shoulders+Tris
Standing Military 135x10, 185x6x3, 135x15
DB work
Skull Crushers (curlbar) 115x12x3
pushdowns 10x4
Thur
Legs+Bis
Squat 135x10, 225x10, 315x6, 365x3, 405x6x2
Extensions 15x3
Curls(Curlbar) 95x10x3 6sec TUT
DB curls 50x12x3

Friday is Bench day and I'm hoping the combination of going light last chest w/o and being Carbed up it'll be a good w/o

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Good luck, man. It's nice to see a fat loss log in here.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah man good luck on this, you're a big dude...If you plan your cut right you would look great!

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Hey Basso, nice to see this Log up. Damn man, you got some size. A good cut will really make a world of difference for you. You remind me of those Lipo6 adds in the back of M&F where you can tell the dude's a bodybuilder under 20 pounds of fat. After about 8 weeks the dude looks hyoooge. That's you man, now get after it, best of luck, I'll keep watching.

* Subscribed *

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys for the kind words, I'll try not to disappoint.

I hit 3500cals yesterday with 380/320/80. Felt great to eat carbs and I'm down a lb this morning! I need to feel this out but hopefully I can go the full 3 days at 3500. I'm only doing 2 days this week then next week I'll do all 3 days.

R

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You are quite the big Bloke, Basso. Best of luck, man! I really want to see this go somewhere. I hope you'll be keeping us updated on your diet.

:)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Bulking is so much fun though! Good luck.
I agree, but I have to admit that I hate having to cut for extended periods of time. I hope to keep my bf% at no higher than 10% in the off season.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I agree, but I have to admit that I hate having to cut for extended periods of time. I hope to keep my bf% at no higher than 10% in the off season.
That is smart thinking Beowulf, I wish I had done that, It got to the point where cutting had to become my lifestyle and life didn't allow it, so I ended up in the sorry state I'm in. Now it's going to be long and painful process, my end target date is 10% by December, I'm coming back to visit my family for Christmas which will be a huge challenge, then Jan-May07 I want to hit 8%.

That's a long time to cut, and who knows maybe I'll be surprised and get there faster, but I doubt it. I will probably take a week off here and there and just eat maintenance to maintain sanity.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Actually, you should take a week or two off every 8 weeks or so. I wouldn't quite call it a week off. Instead, try to shoot for all clean foods, but at or just above maintenance. This will give you a psych break and help prevent your metabolism from tanking.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
That is exactly what I was planning, I took last week off and ate close to maint. I'm doing this log for 8 weeks and then take a week off. I also will change my diet if metabolism starts to tank before then. I think I can stay on carb cycling longer then most diets though.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
July 7 Friday: Chest + Carbs

P/C/F= 370/325/70 3362cals

Only got about 4hrs of sleep last night, REM is like that for me, some nights it knocks me out, others it keeps me up all night, it must be the combination of it and something else but I haven't figured it out yet. So today was a long day, at work by 5:30am and it was a long boring day. Got to the gym at 4:30 carbed up and ready, I skipped cardio knowing I'd be riding at least 40 miles tomorrow and my legs are a wee sore from yesterday so on to the Iron!

Bench Press: 135x25, 225x10, 275x8, 315x5x3 (2-3min rests)
Incline DB press: 110's x10x3 (1min rest)
Incline Flys: 75's x10x3 (1min rest)
Hammer Decline: 225x12x3 TUT
Hammer Dips: 225x12x3 TUT
Wheel of Death 2 sets reversed, and 2 sets forward

I felt strong, but when I put a little weight over me the strength wasn't there. I felt good over all and I'm sure that was the carbs, I took no Stims today. Diet has been good all day, post w/o I mixed up 2 servings of AI coffee flavor Whey, 1/2c Oats and 1.5c skim milk. First time I have drank milk in years, it adds a lot to plain whey protien!

The mirror likes carbs, I didn't get my normal midday bloat, my stomach looks like it did in the a.m. which really puzzles me, but I'm not complaining. I'm also getting some vascularity from the carbs, I almost forgot some of those were there. I love carb ups, but can't wait for Sunday's low carbs (my jaws are gettin tired).

Wheel of Death you ask?

Last edited:
Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Great w/o Basso. I gotta ask still, wtf do you do with the Wheel of Death? It's not an Ab Roller is it? I see straps on the sides, how do you use it?

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Great w/o Basso. I gotta ask still, wtf do you do with the Wheel of Death? It's not an Ab Roller is it? I see straps on the sides, how do you use it?
Yeh it's an ab roller, but you can put your feet on it and do reverse rolls! (hence the straps) I actually stumbled across it when I was looking at the Westside workouts. Freekin 300+ guys using this thing, I figured it had to be strong (Powerwheel). Front rolls are done to the standing (bentover) position, not that pansy sitting on the knees crap. This thing will put a hurtin on your core!!

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
July 8

256/196/62 + whatever I ate for lunch(see pic)=2352 cals

Got up had some CC/Oats pancakes and got on my bike by 9am did 30 miles, shorter then anticipated, but we rode on some rolling hills so I got some good interval training in. Stopped for lunch, so I have no idea where my cals sit today but I didn't eat much anyway. Got back to my Flat, sucked down some whey and oats and headed to the gym. I just did a nice easy arm workout today, something to pass some time other than eating.

Tris
Pushdowns 15x3
Skull Crushers 115x15x3
Single arm triceps 50x15x3
Bis
DB curls 70x6x3
Curl bar 95x15x3
Hammer curl 80x15x3

that's it, in and out in 20 minutes, tomorrow's back. I just need to get through the weekend with my diet, week days are easy, it's the weekend that always gets me.

Anyone care to help me with the Macro's?
[/IMG]

Last edited:
somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
dude the spread looks wicked, good luck and nice work so far, the contest is going to be fun .

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Wicked, yes we call it "Beef on a leaf" but it's more like "Extra fatty Bacon on a leaf"
It's amazing how much focus you can get by having a goal, even as simple as this little contest, so much better then a "I want to look good" goal. Yeh, it's going to be fun, I'm already enjoying it!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info, muchly apreciated. Im goona have to email then about prices tho i didnt see any, you got a ball park for me id prolly go with the big ones.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Trust me, start light, buy a pair of lights and you can double them over ect. If you buy heavy ones their use will be very limited, if you do a google for jumpstretch you'll find them for sale all over and I couldn't find any real good prices, it's all the same!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Trust me, start light, buy a pair of lights and you can double them over ect. If you buy heavy ones their use will be very limited, if you do a google for jumpstretch you'll find them for sale all over and I couldn't find any real good prices, it's all the same!
Aight cool thanks again.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
9 July

Well, I'm not too happy today. I need to be more careful on Saturdays, I over compensated for the unkown meal by way to much and woke up this morning missing 3lbs. It's not that I don't want to lose 3lbs but just not in one day! 1/2lb would have been acceptable. Anyway to late now and I'm going to keep pressing on.
I also found out that my pic of Arnold with my head pasted on will get me disqualified from the competition so I need to take this up a notch;)
I think I'm going to revise my diet a bit and split into Low/High/med carb days that will look something like
2low
1med
2high
1med
2low
etc.
I'm going to try this for a couple weeks, I think it will be easier then going from 3500cals high carb to 2500cals low carb overnight I'll put a 3000cal day in between to ease transition. ANY THOUGHTS?? or suggestions? Any way it was a crappy morning that Typhoon is destroying our weather and I got soaked walking to the gym.

Back/Calves
BB rows 135x10, 225x10, 275x8, 225x12x2
Cable rows 15x3
db rows 100x10x3
Pulldowns 12x3
Pullups assisted 12x2, raw 8x1
GMs 135x10, 225x10x2, 135x15x2
LegPress Calf raises 15x4
Seated raises 100x15x4
Pull throughs (lightbands doubled) 15x3
Cable crunches 15,12,10

I don't give weights on the cable exercises because I have no idea what the weights are, my gym has POC Cybex garbage and they are numbered stacks, very light stacks also. It was a light back day so hopefully I'll be ready to use some weights on Leg day! Man I want to get cut so bad I can taste it, I'm so sick of carry these extra lbs, I don't know how I waited so long, I'm at 235 now and I feel like a feather(well maybe a big wet feather).

Well until tomorrow, Basso Out!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Basso great log i am following along best of luck in the transformation contest i read about it unfortunately I am on too many anabolics for it to be fair in my mind to enter.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Basso great log i am following along best of luck in the transformation contest i read about it unfortunately I am on too many anabolics for it to be fair in my mind to enter.
Thanks!

That was not a criteria for entering! In this forum how can you possibly control a factor like that without testing etc. Anyway if I do anything it will be a light mtrn/zol cycle for a couple weeks toward the end, but I would like to see how far I can get 100% natty first. If you were trying to bulk/add muscle it would be a big advandage but cutting not such an advantage I don't think.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks!

That was not a criteria for entering! In this forum how can you possibly control a factor like that without testing etc. Anyway if I do anything it will be a light mtrn/zol cycle for a couple weeks toward the end, but I would like to see how far I can get 100% natty first. If you were trying to bulk/add muscle it would be a big advandage but cutting not such an advantage I don't think.
I know it wasn't a criteria but in one post i believe jayhawk did say he hoped anything people would be on would be "legal" all my compounds are not Over the Counter. i have Injectables etc mixed in . So I do think at least in my mind that could give me an unfair advantage. I am happy just to log my progress and post pics

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
10 July:

Friggin work blocked A.M. now what am I suppose to do at work, ah well. Slow day and little energy my carbs will hit the low 100's and I think I'll keep it there for low carb days, 3/4C Oatmeal and a 6oz Yogurt, the rest is Green veggies and incidentals. I could probably cut the yogurt but for now it's a nice treat, we'll see how it goes. I'm still missing those 3lbs so I guess they are history! Hope it didn't come off my legs!
20 minutes on the stationary bike today, I'm starting to get into a little shape so it took me 8 minutes to get my HR up to 120bpm. That sucks because I'm going to need to start increasing my time and I hate cardio!
Shoulders:
Standing Press- 135x10, 165x10x3, 135x15
Lateral raises- 40sx10x3
Front raises, rope on cable 10x3
Shrugs, 225x6, 315x10x2(3sec hold) 405x8x2(3sec hold)

That was it, I felt really flat and bloated today, the humidity is at 100% and it's effecting me, I'm also getting acne on my chest (sheesh I'm not even on anything). Better clear up I want to look pretty for my winning photo:twisted: So the plan is low carbs tomorrow and arms, then Wed med carbs and LEGS! yeh I love leg day! Hopefully I can put some weight on the bar this week!

Thanks for watching
Basso Out:hammer:

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Good update Basso, don't worry about the weight that much. It comes and goes, as my 2 pounds I gained was lost the next day and 2 days later I'm up 2.5 pounds. Just keep concentrating on that diet, carb cycling can be very effective.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
July 11

Thanks Viperspit, I know, and I need to stay off the scale! 2lbs magically came back today so it was just water indeed.

I'm approaching the point of my cut were I'm starting to look worse and better. For you FFBs out there I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. The arms and shoulders start to look better, then the legs, while the gut just sits there, so while the extremeties are shedding fat you end up looking worse. I hate this part, but I know I'm moving forward, my shoulders have veins popping out and my arms are getting very vascular. I may have scared a couple kids in the gym today. Anyway on with the diet.
Yesterday I went 50/25/25 for 2500 cals, I got some serious cravings so I cooked up some Cookies (Anabolic Innovation syle) and they absolutely stuffed me. I added some oatmeal and whey so I took in more carbs then planned but I really felt like I needed it. I'm trying to be flexible with reality without getting stupid, if I need a nutrient I'd rather take it in then suffer (at least at this point) my cals were still low anyway and I didn't eat my CC/Protien meal. Today I hit 45/20/35 at 2900 cals, a little more of the split I'm looking for and I think I'm going to stay pretty close to the same tomorrow. No cardio today just a quick arm workout

Tris
Close Grip Bench: 135x10, 225x10, 275x10x3, 135 with light bandsx15x2
Skull Crushers: 115x12x3
Pushdowns: 10x4

Bis
Curl bar 95x10, 105x10x3
DB 60x10x3
hammer 105x10, 70x10x3

No stomach, legs are tomorrow and I don't want a sore gut on leg day. I dropped the REM a couple days ago and have been sleeping better, I also looked back and saw that I failed to mention I'm taking creatine (mono) also, I think I'm going to drop that also, at least for a couple weeks, kind of clear myself out, I'll probably drop 5lbs within the first week of no creatine (that's normal) I hold a lot of water weight on creatine. 1 Aug I'll probably start MP/BC or mTrn/Zol, I'm still undecided. I'll just take it one day at a time and see how I feel and how I'm progressing.

Well that's it for today, nice easy relaxing day tomorrow it's time for some PAIN! did I mention that I love leg day! (if I say it enough it will be true)

Basso Out

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Looks like it is going well, Basso. The carb cycling revision you made comes out to the same schedule the Twin Peak from Designer wrote about a couple of years ago. I haven't tried it, but I've read great successes with that method. It is supposed to be psychologically easier b/c you always no you have a lot of carbs coming your way just 1 day later.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to see if I can find some info on that, might get some pointers. Thanks Beowulf

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
July 12

Thanks Beowulf for the link, I'll check it out maybe I'll get some ideas for fine tuning my semi-solid diet.

Well the carb intake is going well I'm sitting at about 300gs and I still have a little tater to chow on. Yeh I went ahead and went high today, since it was leg day and I really wanted a good leg work out. Which brings me to the w/o,
Basso enters weight room
He looks at power rack, little moron curling
He looks at squat rack, littler moron curling
Basso sets bag in between and is pissed off
Basso kindly asks little moron "how many sets"
little moron answers ****ily "3"
Etc, etc
Anyway I was pissed, and as soon as I was done squating 2 more morons jumped right in there to curl! :wtf:

LEGS!!!!!!
Squats: 135x10, 225x8, 315x6, 405x3, 455x5x2, 405x8
Front squats: 225x6x3
Hammer ext: 200x10x3
Stiff legged DLs: 135x10, 225x10, 315x8x2 (ouch my hammys)
Ham curls: 10x3 light
Cable AB Curls: 12, 10x2
"Basso cry's and crawls home"

I was hoping to do 495 for 2x5 but it just isn't there. I think my strength has leveled off, I don't feel like I'm getting any weaker and I'm 99% sure that has a lot to do with these high carb days. But as expected I'm sure not getting any strength back, but I can live with that as long as I see dem abs eventually!

Crap, I'm going to be sore Friday!

Until tomorrow, Basso Out

F

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What the heck is going on in here!!! Ive received a complaint that the music is too loud and people are flinging off their clothes!!!!

WEll if this is true, Keep up the great work!!!! :D

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
July 13

FnF, the music is loud but nobody will take their clothes off!!!

I'm hungry!! I need to start some type of appetite suppresent or I'm going to eat a cow. I'm probably going to hit in the neighborhood of 40/40/20 at around 3-3500 cals today. My hamstrings are killing me so I won't be doing much movement this weekend. Crap it's been awhile since I've done SLDLs should have gone light.

Chest
Bench Press: 135x20, 225x10, 275x8, 315x5x3 (paused reps)
Incline Fly: 100sx10,8,7
Incline Hammer: 270x10x2, 180x10x2 (TuTx4 sec)
Cybex flys: 10x3
Cable flys (from top): 10x4
Done

The humidity is like 500% it's miserable outside which just drains the energy out of you, my workout was fine anyway and I had good stamina throughout, thanks to another heavy carb day. I need to cut the carbs tomorrow though and I'm only doing a light arm day so it's good timing.

Ok I'm about done for today, thanks for watchin'
Basso Out!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
good deal! im taking ast-ss metabolism prescription RX. i havbnt taken caffinine in 5 years and i was up to traking 4 a day. but my bodys not ready for it. im now taking two a day and Jeff willet from ast told me (though email) that i need to take 4 a day for best results. well ill do it when my bodys ready. it does seem to speed me up a bit but things seem to be slower in the morning intill i get the boost. also i take alcar and its great boost.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
good deal! im taking ast-ss metabolism prescription RX. i havbnt taken caffinine in 5 years and i was up to traking 4 a day. but my bodys not ready for it. im now taking two a day and Jeff willet from ast told me (though email) that i need to take 4 a day for best results. well ill do it when my bodys ready. it does seem to speed me up a bit but things seem to be slower in the morning intill i get the boost. also i take alcar and its great boost.
How is the appetite suppression properties? I can live with dragging my feet, but combined with being hungry it's a recipe for disaster!

M

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nicotine gum is awesome for appetite suppression. 1mg worth every 3 to 4 hours is plenty to start. If you can handle stimulants, Ergopharm AMP + Avant Labs HEAT is a great combination as well. 1 cap AMP/2 caps HEAT 2 or 3 times daily does a number on my appetite. For nightime hunger, I've found that USP Labs Camphibolic is an excellent product, as I eat a modest cottage cheese meal before bed, and sleep throughout the night with no hunger issues of which to speak. Green tea is an effective addition for me as well, both in capsule form and drank with added splenda. It tends to have a calming/soothing effect as well as suppressing appetite on myself which is certainly welcome.

I've been cutting for several months with a carbohydrate cycling diet, and these items have performed admirably at keeping my appetite almost completely at bay. It really hasn't felt like I've been cutting, as I don't tend to get hungry unless I haven't eaten in 4+ hours. I notice my blood sugar crashing before I feel any kind of hunger.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How is the appetite suppression properties? I can live with dragging my feet, but combined with being hungry it's a recipe for disaster!
Going well. hows this look for lunch?:burg: lol

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Nicotine gum is awesome for appetite suppression. 1mg worth every 3 to 4 hours is plenty to start. If you can handle stimulants, Ergopharm AMP + Avant Labs HEAT is a great combination as well. 1 cap AMP/2 caps HEAT 2 or 3 times daily does a number on my appetite. For nightime hunger, I've found that USP Labs Camphibolic is an excellent product, as I eat a modest cottage cheese meal before bed, and sleep throughout the night with no hunger issues of which to speak. Green tea is an effective addition for me as well, both in capsule form and drank with added splenda. It tends to have a calming/soothing effect as well as suppressing appetite on myself which is certainly welcome.

I've been cutting for several months with a carbohydrate cycling diet, and these items have performed admirably at keeping my appetite almost completely at bay. It really hasn't felt like I've been cutting, as I don't tend to get hungry unless I haven't eaten in 4+ hours. I notice my blood sugar crashing before I feel any kind of hunger.
Thanks for the tips, I'll have to it a try! I was hoping to go as long as possible without any kind of Supp but I think I need it now! I was going to pick some Camph up anyway and I'll give the tea a try tomorrow, I'm not much of a tea drinker but what the heck if it helps I'll try it!

P

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
Basso, have you tried the "Fast Food" diet? I hear it works wonders. I would get on that right away. I have my log going also. Good luck

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Basso, have you tried the "Fast Food" diet? I hear it works wonders. I would get on that right away. I have my log going also. Good luck
:toofunny: Nice try! I will prevail! This is just a warm-up, August is when the rubber meets the road, and I will be on 10%bf like a fat kid on a sandwich! Good luck though:blink:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Hey basso thanks for the info about bands do you think a pl'ing shirt, say a 1 ply would help a brothers squats/ deads by keeping the core tight?

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Hey basso thanks for the info about bands do you think a pl'ing shirt, say a 1 ply would help a brothers squats/ deads by keeping the core tight?
No, some people used to where them backwards but with the shirts today that would be impossible. A squat suit is what your looking for and if you just want it for training make sure you get a loose one. A tight or normal fit is a lot of work to get into it and probably would be a waste of money. Just a simple Inzer single ply (or similar) would make a great training suit. You can wear it backwards for DL but really just wearing it normal for DL will keep your core super tight. Hope that answers your question.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
No, some people used to where them backwards but with the shirts today that would be impossible. A squat suit is what your looking for and if you just want it for training make sure you get a loose one. A tight or normal fit is a lot of work to get into it and probably would be a waste of money. Just a simple Inzer single ply (or similar) would make a great training suit. You can wear it backwards for DL but really just wearing it normal for DL will keep your core super tight. Hope that answers your question.
I have problems with overarching my back, and loosening my abs is correlated or contributing, so maybe its weak abs. I usually do front squats bc rear squats make me lean forward and its alot of lower back strain, i feel like ima fall back wards, you think i should sqaut with something under my heels? any ideas?

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I have problems with overarching my back, and loosening my abs is correlated or contributing, so maybe its weak abs. I usually do front squats bc rear squats make me lean forward and its alot of lower back strain, i feel like ima fall back wards, you think i should sqaut with something under my heels? any ideas?
Core work #1, Good Mornings, pull throughs, SLDL, DL, GHRs etc, don't compensate for weaknesses fix 'em. Box squats can teach you how to sit back in the squat, you can also hold the bar lower on your back. Concentrate on flexing your abs throughout the movement. In the PL forum take a look at the stikies I think there is some basic form articles, if not look over at elite fitness in their article section for a lot more info.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
July 14

Low carbs today, got about 40g's in me at 6pm and most of that is fibby veggies. Feel good but I do have that no carb flat look going for me today. Anyway diet's going good no hunger pains today so I'm holding off on adding anything extra until I really need it.

Tris
Skull Crushers(curlbar): 115x12, 135x10x3
Push downs: 8x3
Behind the head tricep ext: 45's 6x3

Bis
Straight bar: 95x8, 115x8
Curl bar: 115x10,8,8
DBs: 65x6x3

Time elapsed: 20 min.

My hammies hurt! Quads feel great no soreness, I'm just tired I may take tomorrow off. I read through the twin peaks carb cycling article and I kind of like the idea of cycling one day at a time, it fits with my w/o's also, if I miss a day I'll be hitting high carbs on Leg and Back days and low carbs on Chest and Shoulder day with no carbs on arms day. So after my week off (last wk of July) I think I'm going to do that scheme. It sucks I have to take that week off but such is life if I want to keep my job. You all ever wonder what it would be like to lift and diet for a living? Man that would not be the worst job, eh?

That's it for today, nice and simple
Basso Out

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
July 15

I'm taking a much needed day off today. Woke up this morning and did some measurements, I figured Sat morning is a good time to do this and I will continue throughout. So after 2 weeks here is where I stand.

Weight: 233 -5lbs (some of this is attributed to coming off creatine)
Waist: 36.5 -.25
Lovely handles: 36.75 -.75 (yeh baby, that's what I'm talking about)
BF% 17.5ish -.5

Upper abs definitely visible upon waking, I'm definitely moving in the right direction, the next couple weeks are going to be a bit screwed up hopefully I'll survive them without going backwards.

No Cardio, No W/O just a lazy do nothing day!

Thanks for watching
Basso Out

Last edited: