Basso's "A"mazing Transformation Log

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    Overhead one arm french press is what i call em, nice job with the low cals, this things in the bag right?
    Lol, yeah right in the bag if I can remove the bag I'm carrying around my waist! So far it's just a smaller bag.

French press, smooth yeh that's what I'll call 'em, a lot easier then "one arm behind the neck tricep presses" thanks.

2. ok ill remember Camphibolic Intense if i cant handle the starvation
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rage (SoCal)
    You are quite the big Bloke, Basso. Best of luck, man! I really want to see this go somewhere. I hope you'll be keeping us updated on your diet.

:-)
    he's really not that big the camera add 50-100lbs L):bb2:

4. I-Vblech you may want to start looking for a new line of work, lol.

July 20

Took another day off, I'm beat and I didn't sleep well last night. If it was anything but legs I'd be there but I hate half-arsen legs, especially with a week off ahead of me.
    Diet: High carb day 40/40/20, probably will hit around 3200 cals. Feeling a little flabby today, combination of being tired and eating more I'm sure.

Until tomorrow
    Basso Out

5. sleep is crucial to your bodybuilding success. Ive saw numberous times where you missed out on sleep in some of your threads. YOU MUST GET AS CLOSE TO 8 HOURS OF SLEEP PER NIGHT or youll anabolic hormone profile will suffer. Dude ive gave up, parties, women, fun stuff for my sleep. Its a must. Sleep, Nutrition and Trainign are the biggest factors. You probally already know this but im here to assist.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    sleep is crucial to your bodybuilding success. Ive saw numberous times where you missed out on sleep in some of your threads. YOU MUST GET AS CLOSE TO 8 HOURS OF SLEEP PER NIGHT or youll anabolic hormone profile will suffer. Dude ive gave up, parties, women, fun stuff for my sleep. Its a must. Sleep, Nutrition and Trainign are the biggest factors. You probally already know this but im here to assist.
    I agree 100% and trust me, it's not by choice! I went to bed last night at 9pm, 12:30am and I'm still awake, I just have those nights! Next week will be much worse, I'm working 5:30pm to about 7:30am normally on this shift I only get 5-6hrs a night (day)! I've tried just about everything OTC for sleep but nothing works well for me, most of it just keeps me up. I just have to judge how I feel and like today stay home or else I end up getting hurt on a day I should not have gone to the gym in the first place.
    I gave up all that stuff you listed years ago, for me it's just falling asleep, sometimes it just doesn't happen.

7. Have you tried melatonin before? I work a rotating shift myself, and find myself using it pretty much all of the time. It's said that full time use can mess up your body's natural melatonin production, however with the rotating shift mine would be messed up anyway. I find that it helps me plan when I want to go to sleep, based on when I'm working the following day. 3mg melatonin+10 grams l-taurine puts me out most of the time, save for times when I utilize stimulants too close to bedtime.

For times when I have to switch over from night shift to day shift, I have a prescription sleep aid on hand to help me sleep. I've discovered after years of shift work that I'm much better off using sleep aides when necessary to get a decent sleep, than just hoping and waiting to fall asleep at a decent time.

8. Quote Originally Posted by max silver
    Have you tried melatonin before? I work a rotating shift myself, and find myself using it pretty much all of the time. It's said that full time use can mess up your body's natural melatonin production, however with the rotating shift mine would be messed up anyway. I find that it helps me plan when I want to go to sleep, based on when I'm working the following day. 3mg melatonin+10 grams l-taurine puts me out most of the time, save for times when I utilize stimulants too close to bedtime.

For times when I have to switch over from night shift to day shift, I have a prescription sleep aid on hand to help me sleep. I've discovered after years of shift work that I'm much better off using sleep aides when necessary to get a decent sleep, than just hoping and waiting to fall asleep at a decent time.
    Melatonin acually worked for a long time, I didn't take it every night but as needed, or anticipated. Dosage increases, time, etc have turned melatonin into a stim. When I take melatonin, I will be up for the next 8-12hours, it's strange but it does some weird stuff to me now and I itch all over too. USPlabs REMR3G doesn't seem to be working anymore either!

9. you need to lay off the strip clubs and the juicies over there in the ROK

man Id hate to have to play once a month ugh

i try melatonin ever so often as to not get dependent on it.

this week ive been ricking the cold fusion PM from legal gear. Nutraplanet had a great sale on it.

worst tasting **** ever, but each night ive taken it ive slept right thru without waking up my typical 10 times to look at the clock.

oh buy ergopharms mass meal bananna creme. good god the flavor:donut:

10. Quote Originally Posted by I-Vtec
    oh buy ergopharms mass meal bananna creme. good god the flavor:donut:
    What are yah, ignent? Can't ya see what I'm trying to do here...friggin mass meal, yeh right. Your so fired when I get back

11. July 21

Long Day! low carb day 50/30/20 should be the result if all goes well at about 3000cals. Felt good and was busy all day, I didn't get to the gym until around 6pm and being a Friday it was nice and quit, so I made a little noise in there today!

LEGS (did I mention I love leg day?)
    Squats
    Light bands dbled from below-135x10,225x10, 315x3, 365x2, 405x5x2
    No bands 405x8 (pause and explode)
    Hammer extensions 200x6, 300x8x2
    Cybex extension Light 10x2
    Cybex leg curls ss w/ Db sldl
    10/10 x2
    Cable crunches standing 10x3

Nice w/o not to killer but felt good, chest and tris tomorrow, then light back and bis Sun.

Until tomorrow
    Basso Out!

12. Hey Basso, you're too tall for squats. Replace with deadlifts and never squat again!! oh, but you want to be fat, thats ok then. lol.

I want to look nice and cover my legs up

13. Quote Originally Posted by peterson24
    Hey Basso, you're too tall for squats. Replace with deadlifts and never squat again!! oh, but you want to be fat, thats ok then. lol.

I want to look nice and cover my legs up
    LoL, that was my last squat w/o! does anyone have good deals on sweats? XXsmall please! There is a point were squats become very difficult, I was working with a guy last week (7'2") and squats are very akward for him, but definitely doable!
    Really I spend so much time doing damage control from Mags it's infurating! That crap they spew over and over. The one thing I do like about T-Nation is the article they do every month were they cover the mags, good and bad. It's kind of a nice wrap up of the 1 or 2 useful bits in each mag. They've been doing it for years since they started back in oh what was it 98 or 99? Anyway it's worth checking out for a laugh.

14. I follow T-nation for Eric Cressey's articles but that is pretty much it. He is a PL'er and knows his stuff. He is also geared toward athletes so its a plus for me.

FYI, carb up day. Being glycogen depleated is getting to me and starting to effect my lifts, time to refill, my body says so.

15. Quote Originally Posted by peterson24
    I follow T-nation for Eric Cressey's articles but that is pretty much it. He is a PL'er and knows his stuff. He is also geared toward athletes so its a plus for me.

FYI, carb up day. Being glycogen depleated is getting to me and starting to effect my lifts, time to refill, my body says so.
    There are a few guys that put up some decent articles on Tmag! I like hearing from Tate and the Westside crazies also!
    Gotta love that carb-up day, BTW this 3 day cycle is awesome, I hit big muscles on carb days and feel like I'm not killing myself doing PL movements, and I'm staying at the same weight. Next month I'll get a little more Anal retentive about the food I'm taking in but I think this is a nice framework for me! Baby Steps! If I was 25 again I'd already be done ripped and ready, but them extra 15 yrs make it 15 times harder.

16. I hear you. I'm experimenting with these low carbs and it works but I can;t go more than 4-5 days with just veges and some oats after workout. So I am going to hit carbs hard for 3 days and go back to virtually none and keep it that way and see what results that yields. Sounds similar to what your doing. And If i was 25 again, I think I would be done too

17. Quote Originally Posted by peterson24
    I hear you. I'm experimenting with these low carbs and it works but I can;t go more than 4-5 days with just veges and some oats after workout. So I am going to hit carbs hard for 3 days and go back to virtually none and keep it that way and see what results that yields. Sounds similar to what your doing. And If i was 25 again, I think I would be done too
    Actually I'm doing a 3 day carb cycle High/Low/none and my Leg and back days hit the high days, Chest and Shoulders hit the low days and arms on the none days, it's a little confusing at first but it's very tolerable and appears to be very effective so far. 1 day no carbs is very, very easy especially when the next day is High carbs!

18. July 22

I won't be logging my meals until next weekend, this week is going to be so screwed up it will be to much. So my plan is just eat clean and keep the carbs on the low side throughout. I may do some band work at home just to move a little. My w/o went pretty well today, my legs were fatigued and it really effected my bench but other then that it went very well.

Chest:
    BenchPress: 365x3
    Doubled light bands from below: 225x8x3
    Incline DB: 120x6,5,5
    Double light band push ups: 12,10,8

Triceps:
    Pushdowns: 8x4
    Light band kick backs: 10x3

Tomorrow back/bis and I'm done for a week.

Basso Out

19. you wrote in my thread your sorry and you didnt mean no offense. no offense taking brother. I simply said that Ironman has some good info in it. as far as the nutrition article and certain exercises dont work for everyone. No offense taking here. for all i know you might be right about the ads i dont know, nor dont care i dont look at the ads ...im in it for the knowledge which i can apply hands on. anyways goodluck. btw just took a pic after i trained today if u wanna see..cheers

20. Some impressive numbers there Basso. We should start a competition against some of these young punks.

21. yeeah, sounds like a plan! us old guys can take 'em any day of the week! (except Sunday, it's my special quite day you know epsonsalt balth etc)

22. July 23

Diet is just kind of there for now, this is my last day before a week off so an easy back/bi day.

Back
    Pull ups: 10x3
    Pull downs: Stack 5x3
    BB rows: 225x10x4
    Hammer pull downs: 250x10x3

Bis
    Curl bar: 115x8x3
    DB: 60x8x3
    Hammer curl: 140x10x3

Otta here, probably won't be posting until next weekend, so you all have a good week and see you then

Basso Out

23. Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    I agree 100% and trust me, it's not by choice! I went to bed last night at 9pm, 12:30am and I'm still awake, I just have those nights! Next week will be much worse, I'm working 5:30pm to about 7:30am normally on this shift I only get 5-6hrs a night (day)! I've tried just about everything OTC for sleep but nothing works well for me, most of it just keeps me up. I just have to judge how I feel and like today stay home or else I end up getting hurt on a day I should not have gone to the gym in the first place.
    I gave up all that stuff you listed years ago, for me it's just falling asleep, sometimes it just doesn't happen.
    yeah melatonin, taurine and gaba . Phenibut. - ive tryed all of these melatonin works, taurine yeah, phenibut yeah.. gaba yes

this may sound cheesy but just the relaxing self hynoptic audio programs nlp stuff works for me. also relaxing music by jeffrey thomspon- he spent 15 years researching how certain sound patterns effect brain waves. All sleep is , is a state of mind. you must be totally relaxed (thoughts calmed and not racing- just inner tranquility, and just let yourself go. harmony

hell i know the hormone cortisol is bad for bodybuilding and musclegains so i mediitate when needed. or go for a walk in nature, or just deep breathe in the silence. hope everythings working out for you.

24. basso email me how your carb loading im curious

25. July 29 Damage Control

What a long friggin week! But I'm back and even though my diet was pretty horrid all week, I didn't gain any weight. I couldn't get to sleep last night so I ended up sleeping until 3pm today, it's going to be real hard to switch my schedule back by Monday morning! Anyway I made it to the gym, felt like crap but just did a fairly easy w/o to move a little.

Legs
    Squats: 405x5x2
    Extensions 10x3 TUT
    Leg curls 10x3 TUT
    GMs 225x6x2
    Pull throughs Light bands(2) 10x2

Hopefully tomorrow I'm feeling better, chest w/o and I need to get back on my diet full force!

Basso Out

26. i know what you mean by sleep. Im getting my sleep but i dont know if the cutting lifestyle throw 's sleep out of wack, does cutting cause one to get less sleep?

or what but ive been going to sleep a few hours after my normal bedtime hours. Not a drawback because i can adjust my sleep to fit my needs; however i do have one of my parttime jobs which requires me to get up...so i have to knock myself out to get efficent sleep; otherwise i wont get the restful benifits of sleep.

example:the other night i had to get up for this job and i got 6-7 hour sleep and my strength was down bigtime from the previous time. and i just felt - well not as energied up.

just an hour or even 15 minutes of sleep can throw you off because a hard training person athelete requires 8 hours or more. Now Josh ****son says he can go off of sometimes 4 hours sleep but everyone is different and 8 hours is what i need.

also if you get up in the middle of sleep a protein shake , i find, when i take it in the middle fo sleep, and only a protein shake, nothing else, i will feel more recovered from sleep.

27. July 30

Got to bed at 1230 last night and woke up at 4:30 finally got up at 5am and I actually was feeling really good. Went to the gym at 10am did some boobs. Working on getting the diet going again, I'm doing med carbs today and will do no carbs tomorrow, back on the plan.

Chest
    Bench: 345x3x2, 315x8
    Incline DB: 120x6,5,4
    Incline fly: 75x10x2
    Hammer Incline: 270x6, 200x8x2 (6sec TUT)
    Cable cross-over: 10x2
    Standing cable crunches: 12, 12, 10

Pretty good w/o, I really thought I'd feel stronger and when I put 345 on the bar I was looking at sets of 6 but that didn't happen obviously. I'm feeling sloppy after a week off and I'm ready to get serious for the next 4 weeks and get this thing moving.
    Will be doing a test log for USPlabs CEE starting tomorrow also, so I'll probably but a couple lbs on.

Went to the pool and fried for an hour or so and then went out and rode 20 miles (wind was killer today) So now it's 5pm and I'm done! Fat steak on the Foreman grill as we speak

Basso Out
    Last edited by Basso; 07-30-2006 at 04:06 AM.

28. July 31

DOMS is kicking, a week off normally doesn't effect me so much. Nice easy Arm day today, but my hamstrings are pretty sore hopefully I'll be good to DL tomorrow.
    2350 cals at 60/15/25, fat was a little low but I just couldn't force the fats down. All carbs were from incidentals like milk, veggies etc.
    I started AIs Cycle Support (preloading for Sep)and USPlabs CEE(starting beta log), I'm already up to 235lbs after 2 days. I'm actually writing this Tuesday morning and I did a couple quick measurements to see how I faired with the week off
    Weight: 235lbs +2
    Waist: 36" -.5
    Love handles: 36.75 holding steady
    Not great results for the past 2 weeks but with a week off in there I'll take it!

Arms
    Triceps:
    Skull Crushers: 135x8x3
    Push downs: 10x3
    French press: 50x6x3
    Biceps:
    Curls: 115x8x4
    DB: 70x6x3
    cable: 10x3

Arms were looking better today, I can almost make out a shape of a bicep!

Basso Out

29. 1 Aug 30 Days to go!

Diet was off the hook today, I hit 2500 cals by 10am and haven't eaten much since, I had to go to a breakfast (work) and it was some good food and since it's a high carb day I dug in. Looks like I'll hit around 3500-3800 for the day 33/33/33, not to bad.

Supps, ok here's what I'm taking now
    Multi
    C
    Cissus
    REM R3G
    ZMA
    Fish+Flax oil
    USP CEE (Beta)
    AI Cycle Support
    This should be it for the rest of the month, I decided to wait until Sep to do a cycle of Mtrn/Zol or MegaH. I'll wait to see how I'm doing BF wise and go from there.

W/O Today was back, my hamstrings were hurtin' pretty good all day and my upper body wasn't doing much better, my right elbow was killing me, so no more skull crushers for awhile. Once I got moving I felt pretty good though and got a decent w/o in.

Back
    DL: 405x6, 455x6x2 (last rep static hold 10sec)
    BB Rows: 225x10, 275x6x3
    Cable Rows: 10x3
    DB Rows: 100x10x3

Well that's all for today
    Basso Out

30. Aug 2

Diet looks around 60/25/15 probably close to 3000 cals, I ended up hitting 4500 yesterday. Anyway it's hard to eat good in this friggin heat, just want to eat cold stuff, but I'm trying to shove it down. Today has been a few liquid meals! But it's only a shoulder day, which brings me to the W/O

Shoulders:
    Standing Military front press: 135x10, 185x6x2, 155x10
    Shrugs: 335x6x2, 405x6, 335x6
    Lateral raise: 30's x10x3 (6sec TUT)
    Front raise: 30'sx10x3

Cardio, 20min cycle - 2 min interval training

Another Ok day, starting to notice some changes in the mirror, even though the scales not moving, which is fine by me. It's soooooo slow though, patience, patience. I just need a magic pill!

Until tomorrow
    Basso Out
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
  2. Jumpshot's Transformation log!
    By jumpshot903 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 03:39 PM
  3. My Transformation Log
    By saludable24 in forum Supplement Logs