Basso's "A"mazing Transformation Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Basso's "A"mazing Transformation Log

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

yeeah, sounds like a plan! us old guys can take 'em any day of the week! (except Sunday, it's my special quite day you know epsonsalt balth etc)

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

July 23

Diet is just kind of there for now, this is my last day before a week off so an easy back/bi day.

Back
    Pull ups: 10x3
    Pull downs: Stack 5x3
    BB rows: 225x10x4
    Hammer pull downs: 250x10x3

Bis
    Curl bar: 115x8x3
    DB: 60x8x3
    Hammer curl: 140x10x3

Otta here, probably won't be posting until next weekend, so you all have a good week and see you then

Basso Out
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    I agree 100% and trust me, it's not by choice! I went to bed last night at 9pm, 12:30am and I'm still awake, I just have those nights! Next week will be much worse, I'm working 5:30pm to about 7:30am normally on this shift I only get 5-6hrs a night (day)! I've tried just about everything OTC for sleep but nothing works well for me, most of it just keeps me up. I just have to judge how I feel and like today stay home or else I end up getting hurt on a day I should not have gone to the gym in the first place.
    I gave up all that stuff you listed years ago, for me it's just falling asleep, sometimes it just doesn't happen.
    yeah melatonin, taurine and gaba . Phenibut. - ive tryed all of these melatonin works, taurine yeah, phenibut yeah.. gaba yes

this may sound cheesy but just the relaxing self hynoptic audio programs nlp stuff works for me. also relaxing music by jeffrey thomspon- he spent 15 years researching how certain sound patterns effect brain waves. All sleep is , is a state of mind. you must be totally relaxed (thoughts calmed and not racing- just inner tranquility, and just let yourself go. harmony

hell i know the hormone cortisol is bad for bodybuilding and musclegains so i mediitate when needed. or go for a walk in nature, or just deep breathe in the silence. hope everythings working out for you.
    •   

4. New Member

basso email me how your carb loading im curious
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

July 29 Damage Control

What a long friggin week! But I'm back and even though my diet was pretty horrid all week, I didn't gain any weight. I couldn't get to sleep last night so I ended up sleeping until 3pm today, it's going to be real hard to switch my schedule back by Monday morning! Anyway I made it to the gym, felt like crap but just did a fairly easy w/o to move a little.

Legs
    Squats: 405x5x2
    Extensions 10x3 TUT
    Leg curls 10x3 TUT
    GMs 225x6x2
    Pull throughs Light bands(2) 10x2

Hopefully tomorrow I'm feeling better, chest w/o and I need to get back on my diet full force!

Basso Out
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

i know what you mean by sleep. Im getting my sleep but i dont know if the cutting lifestyle throw 's sleep out of wack, does cutting cause one to get less sleep?

or what but ive been going to sleep a few hours after my normal bedtime hours. Not a drawback because i can adjust my sleep to fit my needs; however i do have one of my parttime jobs which requires me to get up...so i have to knock myself out to get efficent sleep; otherwise i wont get the restful benifits of sleep.

example:the other night i had to get up for this job and i got 6-7 hour sleep and my strength was down bigtime from the previous time. and i just felt - well not as energied up.

just an hour or even 15 minutes of sleep can throw you off because a hard training person athelete requires 8 hours or more. Now Josh ****son says he can go off of sometimes 4 hours sleep but everyone is different and 8 hours is what i need.

also if you get up in the middle of sleep a protein shake , i find, when i take it in the middle fo sleep, and only a protein shake, nothing else, i will feel more recovered from sleep.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

July 30

Got to bed at 1230 last night and woke up at 4:30 finally got up at 5am and I actually was feeling really good. Went to the gym at 10am did some boobs. Working on getting the diet going again, I'm doing med carbs today and will do no carbs tomorrow, back on the plan.

Chest
    Bench: 345x3x2, 315x8
    Incline DB: 120x6,5,4
    Incline fly: 75x10x2
    Hammer Incline: 270x6, 200x8x2 (6sec TUT)
    Cable cross-over: 10x2
    Standing cable crunches: 12, 12, 10

Pretty good w/o, I really thought I'd feel stronger and when I put 345 on the bar I was looking at sets of 6 but that didn't happen obviously. I'm feeling sloppy after a week off and I'm ready to get serious for the next 4 weeks and get this thing moving.
    Will be doing a test log for USPlabs CEE starting tomorrow also, so I'll probably but a couple lbs on.

Went to the pool and fried for an hour or so and then went out and rode 20 miles (wind was killer today) So now it's 5pm and I'm done! Fat steak on the Foreman grill as we speak

Basso Out
    Last edited by Basso; 07-30-2006 at 03:06 AM.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

July 31

DOMS is kicking, a week off normally doesn't effect me so much. Nice easy Arm day today, but my hamstrings are pretty sore hopefully I'll be good to DL tomorrow.
    2350 cals at 60/15/25, fat was a little low but I just couldn't force the fats down. All carbs were from incidentals like milk, veggies etc.
    I started AIs Cycle Support (preloading for Sep)and USPlabs CEE(starting beta log), I'm already up to 235lbs after 2 days. I'm actually writing this Tuesday morning and I did a couple quick measurements to see how I faired with the week off
    Weight: 235lbs +2
    Waist: 36" -.5
    Love handles: 36.75 holding steady
    Not great results for the past 2 weeks but with a week off in there I'll take it!

Arms
    Triceps:
    Skull Crushers: 135x8x3
    Push downs: 10x3
    French press: 50x6x3
    Biceps:
    Curls: 115x8x4
    DB: 70x6x3
    cable: 10x3

Arms were looking better today, I can almost make out a shape of a bicep!

Basso Out
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

1 Aug 30 Days to go!

Diet was off the hook today, I hit 2500 cals by 10am and haven't eaten much since, I had to go to a breakfast (work) and it was some good food and since it's a high carb day I dug in. Looks like I'll hit around 3500-3800 for the day 33/33/33, not to bad.

Supps, ok here's what I'm taking now
    Multi
    C
    Cissus
    REM R3G
    ZMA
    Fish+Flax oil
    USP CEE (Beta)
    AI Cycle Support
    This should be it for the rest of the month, I decided to wait until Sep to do a cycle of Mtrn/Zol or MegaH. I'll wait to see how I'm doing BF wise and go from there.

W/O Today was back, my hamstrings were hurtin' pretty good all day and my upper body wasn't doing much better, my right elbow was killing me, so no more skull crushers for awhile. Once I got moving I felt pretty good though and got a decent w/o in.

Back
    DL: 405x6, 455x6x2 (last rep static hold 10sec)
    BB Rows: 225x10, 275x6x3
    Cable Rows: 10x3
    DB Rows: 100x10x3

Well that's all for today
    Basso Out
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 2

Diet looks around 60/25/15 probably close to 3000 cals, I ended up hitting 4500 yesterday. Anyway it's hard to eat good in this friggin heat, just want to eat cold stuff, but I'm trying to shove it down. Today has been a few liquid meals! But it's only a shoulder day, which brings me to the W/O

Shoulders:
    Standing Military front press: 135x10, 185x6x2, 155x10
    Shrugs: 335x6x2, 405x6, 335x6
    Lateral raise: 30's x10x3 (6sec TUT)
    Front raise: 30'sx10x3

Cardio, 20min cycle - 2 min interval training

Another Ok day, starting to notice some changes in the mirror, even though the scales not moving, which is fine by me. It's soooooo slow though, patience, patience. I just need a magic pill!

Until tomorrow
    Basso Out
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Nice log, basso.

BTW, did i hear "magic pill"? I saw one the other day...it said "DNP" on it
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Nice log, basso.

BTW, did i hear "magic pill"? I saw one the other day...it said "DNP" on it

Lol, thanks but I think that's a little extreme for me! Not that I haven't toyed with the idea!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Yeah...I'd be scared to touch it, too. But, I didn't ask for a magic pill
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Magic pill not killer pill
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Magic pill not killer pill
    Aye here thuh dedly sydz arr noht soh bahd win taykin "entra-wrectally"
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug3

Diet: 50/20/30 probably will hit 2800cals. 3/4 of oats all other carbs were from meat, nuts and milk. Felt good today, I've been getting good sleep this week and it's starting to catch up.

W/O: Nice easy arms day, this is basically my active rest day tomorrow is legs so I don't like to push to hard the day before legs!

Triceps:
    CG Bench: 225x10, 275x6x2, 225x10
    Push downs: 10x3
    Kickbacks: 30x10x2

Biceps:
    DB curls: 60x8x3
    Hammer Machine: 90x10x3
    Light Band curls: 10x2

Cardio: Cycle 10min @ 120bpm

Not much else to say today
    Basso Out
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Rough weekend! Friday I went in to do legs but during warm-up I had a nice twinge in my left knee, so I racked the weight and just did some light extensions and leg curls. Took the weekend off, it was pretty busy anyway so it worked out. Been thinking hard about my diet and my lack of progress the past couple of weeks! As of today I'm going to do 5 days low carbs (less than 100grams) One refeed and then trasition on Sunday with around 200grams. After 2 weeks I'll reevaluate, but I want to make a lot of progress this month and my purpose is "cutting" so I'm willing to sacrifice some more strength to reach my goals. The carb cycling works but it's low gear recomp, I want some high gear for the next 4 weeks! W/O is going to change also, I'm playing with a couple ideas but probably a Upper/Lower split. I'll have something together before I walk in the gym today! Anyway just wanted to put a quick update, I haven't given up yet!
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

yeah thats what i do, change training, about every 3 weeks. new exercises, or order of exercises, or days i train them on. im doing max-ot.

do what works for you. i say 100 low carb and just one 200 carb day is a low refeed day but if thats what it takes for you more power to you. goodluck this week

i quit my club job where all the girls chase me around last night man. My Boss told me i couldnt eat ..and said i would have to stop my meal right then and there if i wanted to work there...ive had this job for 1.5 years and lotta hookups with girls and sex, most guys around here kill for this job, guess what i did, i quit. ive given up jobs, women, parties - you name it for this lifestyle. and ITS 100%WORTH IT!It takes a strong man to do this lifestyle blended with the other quanlities and qualities of life but its doable, it just takes putting this as number uno.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

My refeed day will be closer to 400grams on Sat then Sun 200grams then M-F 100 or less. Anyway it's a lot easier to track and shop for, then changing it every day, plus I'm feeling stagnated so I want to switch it and see if I can Jump start the ol' fat burner.

W/O Ok here is my plan which I put into action today
    W/O #1
    Heavy chest
    Light Shoulders
    light tris
    heavy bis

W/O #2
    Heavy Legs
    Light Back
    Gut

W/O #3
    Light chest
    heavy shoulders
    heavy tris
    light bis

W/O #4
    Heavy Back
    light legs
    Gut

Probably 2on 1off with an option to go 4on 2off, but it should be pretty flexible and allow me more scheduled time off.

AUG 7 Upper Body

Bench Press: 315x5x4
    Incline DB press: 120x5,4,4
    DB military press: 80x5,4, 70x8
    Lateral raises(seated): 35x8x3
    Pushdowns: 125x10x4
    Curls (E-Z): 95x10, 115x8x2, 95x10
    DB curls: 35x10 5sec reps
    Cardio: Bike 20min @ 120bpm

Felt really good after a couple days off, I was definitely ready for something different, I don't really care for that one muscle group a day w/o, this suites me much better! I'm going to give legs a go tomorrow but if my knee is bothering me I'll switch to heavy Back.

That's it for today
    Basso Out
  20. New Member

Found your log Basso. Let's see how the implementation of this new routine goes.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 8

Diet: Right on track, yesterday I hit 55/20/25 and today I'm going to come out pretty close to the same at around 2800cals. Feel good, lots of energy, all carbs are Oats, milk and incidentals (veggies, meat etc) I'm feeling optimistic about going this route and will give it at least the next 2 weeks before doing anything more drastic.

W/O: Legs and Back
    Squats: 455x3,4,3
    Hammer single leg curls: 60x10, 80x8,8
    SLDL: 225x10x2
    T-Bar rows: 125x10,10, 170x8
    Seated Cable rows: 120x12x3
    Cable crunches: Stack+ 15,12,10
    45 Hypers: 10x3
    Hanging leg lifts: 15x2
    Cardio: Bike 10min @ 125bpm (just to loosen up the legs)

Felt really good in the gym today, I really held back on the squats, every set I felt like I had 5 in me but the combination of no spotter and the scare I had with my knee Fri I just kept them very slow, controlled and of course very deep. I'm diggin this routine so far, we'll see if I'm still singing in a couple days!

Until tomorrow
    Basso Out
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 9

Diet: Once again another good day some of my meals got postponed due to work and I ended up working late so I'll be eating my 7pm meal around 9pm and won't get my last meal in. So cals will be closer to 2500 today which is fine with me. Ratios are the same as the past 2 days and I feel like I'm tightening up, when I hit the carbs Sat it will feel good to get some vascularity back though!

W/O: Upper body
    Standing Military Press: 135x10, 165x8x4, 135x10
    DB Flat fly's: 80x8x3 TUT
    Cybex fly's: 10x2
    Close Grip Bench: 225x6, 275x6, 225x8x2
    Push Downs: 10x3
    DB french press: 30x15x2
    DB Curls: 50x10x3
    HammerStrength curls: 95x10, 70x10 TUT

Felt really good, worked more towards muscle exhaustion with a lot of TUT reps throughout. Really good pumps and felt great for getting in the gym much later then normal! I'm going to try to get in tomorrow because I have to work Fri Night and I'm not sure I'll have time to hit the gym.

Until Tomorrow
    Basso Out
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 10

Diet: I felt really flat today so at lunch I decided to add some carbs, I had a yoghurt and a slice of WWBread, started feeling much better, few veins started poppin'. Got home on my way to the gym and realized I had forgot my USP Beta CEE, I was also craving something sweet, so I popped the CEE and mixed up 1/2C of Dex with 2 servings of On for a pre/during W/O drink, so today the carbs will hit around 200 but I'm glad I did it as you will see. I ended the day with 3200 cals @ 53/24/24

W/O: 4th day in a row, do I want to DL or just hit back and light legs, I couldn't decide and I was thinking about it all day, my legs were still sore from Tuesday and I was a little beat. After I sipped on the Dex on the way to the gym I decided what the heck I'll pull some warm ups and see how it goes, needless to say I was very pleased that I DLed today.

LOWER BODY:
    DL: 495x5 (not a PR but the most reps I've gotten in a long time)
    Speed Squat(light bands) 135x15, 225x10x2 (1 sec pause at bottom)
    Leg extensions(Cybex): Stackx6, lowering weights x10x3
    BB Rows: 225x10x3
    DB Rows: 150x8x2
    Pull Downs: 4 sets 4sec TUT progressively lighter 10-15reps each
    HammerStrength pull down: Single arm 90x10x2, 70x10x2
    Pull Ups(BW): 10, 8
    Standing Cable crunches: 15,12,12,10

I did a lot of warm up sets for DL so I was in the gym for a good 1.5 hours but I was feelin' it today and knowing that tomorrow is a day off I went for it. I always look down and try to stay focused and not pay any attention to what's going on during my w/o (thank you iPod) but when I finished my set of 5 on deads, the whole gym was watching, I think I may have been grunting a little loud, sorry I know that bothers some of you
    Last edited by Basso; 08-10-2006 at 07:12 AM.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 11

Cardio: Bike 30min @ 120bpm

Cardio is a bit tougher without a w/o in front of it, took me 6 min to get to 120bpm, sprinting and hammering then it kept dropping so I had to sprint to get it back up but it went well. It's time to start increasing the cardio to at least 4-5 times a week 30-45min is my plan for now!

Today is my last day of the USPlabs beta test so I'm thinking about doing a light run of something for the last 3 weeks, here is what I'm thinking I would love to hear some input on what you guys think would work the best for my diet/w/o/cut etc.
    mtrn/zol (4/150)
    MegaH (50)
    I have some pp/sd stashes also but don't think they would do as well on a cut, any suggestions? I may just wait till next month as originally planned but I'm toying with the idea.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 12

Diet: Completely forgot to carb-up, I was so focused on my w/o etc I just went through the morning out of habit, so today is looking like the rest of this past week, around 60/20/20. I'm feeling really good though and I may refeed tomorrow.

W/O: Upper body
    BenchPress:
    2 boards: 365x4x3
    No boards: 315x4
    Incline DB: 120's x5x3
    Decline HammerStrength press: 6platesx7, 8platesx10,6
    Seated Military: 135x6, 185x5x3
    Straight bar Curls: 95x10, 115x8, 135x8,7
    Alt DB curls: 70sx5x3
    Pushdowns/db curls (ss): 115/40x15/12, 15/12, 15/10
    HammerStrength curls: 115x8,7, 90x10
    time: 1:35 hr

Power was not particularly good as I thought I would do better on the Bench, but overall strength and endurance was excellent, I didn't want to stop working out today! I was totally recovered from the last Upper day and I made an additional tweak, I'm going to try to hit Chest/Shoulders/Bis heavy, then the next upper day I'll only go heavy on Tris, the rest will be hypertrophy work. I'm really thinking that the USP trial I did was finally starting to kick in and I'm going to go ahead and finish the bottle (probably another week).

Measurements: Did BF% this morning and my 4 readings were as follows: 14.8, 14.8, 15.6, 16.1, I'm guessing 16% is probably close, I don't believe I've lost that much fat! But I was very light on the squeezes so who knows, all that matters is I still am carrying to much fat on my gut! But I'll take another 1% anyday of the week!

Until tomorrow
    Basso Out
  26. New Member

Nice progress Basso. A drop in BF is always a plus. Keep doing what you're doing.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

About 11 weeks shown pics show 21%@245/18%@238/16%@233

Progress as of 13 Aug, 3 weeks to go don't think I'll see a 6 pack but I'm sure going to try!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 13

Duplicated last Fri, 2nd rep of warm-up set with 315, pain in left knee. I was pissed, I felt good and was really looking forward to squats, I tried to work it out but couldn't squat 135! I did mostly hams and then some light back, I didn't log anything because I was so upset, man I don't need an injury like this now! Screw this Day!
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Aug 13

Duplicated last Fri, 2nd rep of warm-up set with 315, pain in left knee. I was pissed, I felt good and was really looking forward to squats, I tried to work it out but couldn't squat 135! I did mostly hams and then some light back, I didn't log anything because I was so upset, man I don't need an injury like this now! Screw this Day!
    That sucks, at least you're looking leaner.
  30. New Member

Aug 13

Basso man, keep your head up! Your progress is great. You'll come back stronger next workout.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Thanks guys, I'll live, I will probably stay very light on the squats this week, I really need to be more careful and stay very slow and controlled, I think I may have sped up a bit because it was feeling so light and I was anxious to start putting weight on the bar. stupid...stupid...stupid
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 14 My misery continues!

Diet: Same ol, Same ol, low carb around 60/20/20, I plan on starting a carb up Sat afternoon through Sunday morning.

W/O Upper Body (less then 1 min between each set, slow controlled Not Speed)
    Bench: 275x8,6
    Incline Flies: 75x10,10
    Incline DB press: 100x8,6
    Arnold presses: 65x7,6 (used a flat bench, had trouble with balance, pulled muscle in upper center of back)
    Pressing on through the pain
    Seated lateral raises: 30x12,12
    Seated front raises: 30x10,10
    DB Skull crushers (hammer grip): 50x10,9
    Pushdowns: 125x12,12
    Cable french curl (non stop sets): 4x10/2x10
    DB french curls (non stop sets): 30x12/30x8
    DB Curls: 60x10,8 45x10,10
    Cable curls (cambered bar) x15

I'm so friggen pumped I can't touch my face, 30min later I'm here writing this and my shoulders are killing me! Other then the back pull it was a great w/o. The next 2 days I'm going to try and walk pass the weights to the cardio machines, I need all my little injuries to heal, 4 days straight is not going to work, I need to stick to 2on 1off 2on.

Basso Out
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 15

Diet: Looks like 60/20/20 @2200 cals for the day, yeh it's low but no Weights today and like I said these last 3 weeks are for real!

Goal: My original goal of 12-15% BF is well within reach, Sun I was at the most 16% so I really think 12% is doable by 1Sep, just...need...to...stay...focu sed!

W/O: Cardio: Elliptical 30min@120bpm, Bike 15min@120bpm, yeh that's right I got off the bike for 30min and I actually did 45min of cardio today. I think I'll sleep tonight!

Well being: Other than being a little depressed about my last 2 w/o's and injuries I feel great, I didn't get much sleep due to the pain in my lower neck/upper back, and it was painful all day. But it's loosened up quite a bit and I think I'll at least be lifting light after another day of cardio tomorrow. Knee feels great and I'll keep it light this week to test it, I may forgo heavy squats for the next couple weeks just to be safe.

Supps: I think I've made my mind up to just throw MeltingPoint/BasicCuts in the mix for the last 2 weeks, I may start tomorrow. So keeping this cut clean for the next few weeks.

Plan: 2on 1off 2on until 1Sep, 45min cardio on off days and at least 20min on w/o days. It's Basso Time now, I'm not playin anymore, I want to see some real results!!! "insert witty cliche here"

Until tomorrow
    Basso Out
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 16

Another very low carb day and I'm feeling it, only made it 30min on the cardio, I'm adding some carbs tomorrow!! Neck is still hurting so squats may be out, we'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow.

Basso Out
  35. New Member

As with all injuries, tread lightly. You don't want to go making it worse and setting you back further. I haven't squated heavy in a while because I am trying to get things resolved with my lower back. Saw the Doc today and he is sending me to a physical therapist to assess my core strength. He thinks since I let my injury go I may of developed an imbalance in strength due to compensation from my stronger side that I am not realizing. Therefore, prolonging my injury for the past 5 years. I may be pulling back quite a bit for the next month depending on the assessment. Now I wish I would of not tried to "fight through it" all these years and just did what I had to do to heal it.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 17

Peterson don't worry I know when to walk away from the gym, I just hate doing it! So I finally made it back today, both yesterday and today my cals were around 3000, I raised my carbs up to around 200gs today.

W/O: Lower
    Due to my Neck/back injury I really couldn't push extremely hard, I also wanted to avoid squats to ensure my knee is ok, so everything I did today was slow controlled and almost TUT, around 3sec reps.

All machines used were Cycrap (I mean Cybex)

Leg Press: 300x15, 400x15, 500x15x3
    Leg Extensions: 210x12x3
    Leg Curls: 130x12,10, 90x12
    Cable rows: 10x12, 14x12,10, 12x12
    DB Rows: 100x10x3
    Single Arm Cable row: From top x10, From below x10
    Seated Calf raises: 145x10x3
    Leg Press Calf raises: 350x10, 500x8,8

Had to run to the gym during lunch so it was restricted (time) but my legs were seriously pumped doing those slow reps. My knee felt great, but my neck is still hurting although it's getting better. I'm going on a MTB trip on Sat and right now I can't look up when I'm on the bike so I'm gonna be pissed if I can't ride by Sat!! Tomorrow another light day upper body, probably drop shoulders and just hit chest and arms.

Basso Out
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 18

Diet: Same ol, same ol. Next week I'm going to do 6 days of 50/10/40 then Sun will be a carb up and then carb deplete again for a few days. I felt pretty tight today, and had alot more vascularity then I've had in probably 10 yrs! Still not at my goal but I'm starting to see signs of real advancement!

W/O Upper
    Once again I was very careful to not go to failure, kept every lift under strict control, slow but not TUT slow.

Hammer Strength Press: 4platesX10, 6platesx6, 6plates+25sx6, 8platesx10, 10platesx6,6, 8platesx8
    Incline HS: 6platesx10,7, 4plates+25sx7, 4platesx9,9
    Bench Press: 225x8x3
    Cable CrossOvers: 8x10, 6x10, 4x10
    HS Dips: 200x12, 290x8, 200x15x2
    Rope push-downs: 12x12,12,16
    DB curls: 40x10x3
    HS curls: 90x10,9,9
    Cardio: Elliptical 15min@120bpm

Felt great today, neck is much better but still had to be very careful, this will be another week or two before it's fully healed (happens at least once a year, old Football injury). Tomorrow MTB trip, should be fun, probably will be hitting some high Heart rates but not sustained, I just ate 4 nicely sized AI cookies and will eat a Cliff bar tomorrow then it's back to low carbs!

2 Weeks=12%BF or bust
    Basso Out
  38. New Member

Keep up the good work man. You have def. made some great progress. I'm in the same boat as you, about to start a rough 6 week cut on sunday to try to get down to around 8%bf (at around 12% now I'd say). I'll prob start a log. Look forward to watching your progress.
    sailor
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor
    Keep up the good work man. You have def. made some great progress. I'm in the same boat as you, about to start a rough 6 week cut on sunday to try to get down to around 8%bf (at around 12% now I'd say). I'll prob start a log. Look forward to watching your progress.
    sailor
    Thanks Sailor and good luck to you, that 12-8 is a lot harder then 20-12 but you know that!! Any specific diet plans yet? Always interested to here one's strategy since I still have a long way to go.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Aug 20

Diet: Pretty screwed up yesterday, but back on track today, tomorrow it's time to get extreme, got my groceries set for the week and chicken is pre cooked and ready to go!

W/O
    Aug 19: MTB about 3 hours off and on, nice ride some extreme climbs and down hills (man I'm getting to old for that crap)

Aug 20:
    Squats: Nope I warmed up very slowly and I could feel my knee at 275lbs so I definitely need to lay off squats for awhile, I'll DL next lower day though
    Leg Press: 400x12x5 (TUT 6 sec) Man that hurt
    Leg extensions: 150x12x3 TUT
    Single leg curls: 60x10x1
    SLDL: 245x10, 335x8x2
    BB Rows: 245X10x3
    DB Rows: 150x8x2
    HammerStrength Rows: 230x10, 320x8, 230x10
    Pullups: BWx8,6
    Cable Crunches SS Pull throughs: 3 sets x15/15
    Cardio: Elliptical 20min @120bpm

Felt really, realy weak but I felt good, w/o wasn't to bad I just need to come to terms with not being able to squat, it's like I'm missing a part of me Tomorrow upper body, will be staying fairly light since I'll be carb depleting and only taking in about 2200cals a day!

Basso Out

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
  2. Jumpshot's Transformation log!
    By jumpshot903 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 02:39 PM
  3. My Transformation Log
    By saludable24 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 02:39 PM