Basso's "A"mazing Transformation Log

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Looks like it is going well, Basso. The carb cycling revision you made comes out to the same schedule the Twin Peak from Designer wrote about a couple of years ago. I haven't tried it, but I've read great successes with that method. It is supposed to be psychologically easier b/c you always no you have a lot of carbs coming your way just 1 day later.


  2. I'll have to see if I can find some info on that, might get some pointers. Thanks Beowulf
    •   
       


  3. July 12

    Thanks Beowulf for the link, I'll check it out maybe I'll get some ideas for fine tuning my semi-solid diet.

    Well the carb intake is going well I'm sitting at about 300gs and I still have a little tater to chow on. Yeh I went ahead and went high today, since it was leg day and I really wanted a good leg work out. Which brings me to the w/o,
    Basso enters weight room
    He looks at power rack, little moron curling
    He looks at squat rack, littler moron curling
    Basso sets bag in between and is pissed off
    Basso kindly asks little moron "how many sets"
    little moron answers ****ily "3"
    Etc, etc
    Anyway I was pissed, and as soon as I was done squating 2 more morons jumped right in there to curl!

    LEGS!!!!!!
    Squats: 135x10, 225x8, 315x6, 405x3, 455x5x2, 405x8
    Front squats: 225x6x3
    Hammer ext: 200x10x3
    Stiff legged DLs: 135x10, 225x10, 315x8x2 (ouch my hammys)
    Ham curls: 10x3 light
    Cable AB Curls: 12, 10x2
    "Basso cry's and crawls home"

    I was hoping to do 495 for 2x5 but it just isn't there. I think my strength has leveled off, I don't feel like I'm getting any weaker and I'm 99% sure that has a lot to do with these high carb days. But as expected I'm sure not getting any strength back, but I can live with that as long as I see dem abs eventually!

    Crap, I'm going to be sore Friday!

    Until tomorrow, Basso Out

  4. subscribed
    •   
       


  5. What the heck is going on in here!!! Ive received a complaint that the music is too loud and people are flinging off their clothes!!!!

    WEll if this is true, Keep up the great work!!!!

  6. July 13

    FnF, the music is loud but nobody will take their clothes off!!!

    I'm hungry!! I need to start some type of appetite suppresent or I'm going to eat a cow. I'm probably going to hit in the neighborhood of 40/40/20 at around 3-3500 cals today. My hamstrings are killing me so I won't be doing much movement this weekend. Crap it's been awhile since I've done SLDLs should have gone light.

    Chest
    Bench Press: 135x20, 225x10, 275x8, 315x5x3 (paused reps)
    Incline Fly: 100sx10,8,7
    Incline Hammer: 270x10x2, 180x10x2 (TuTx4 sec)
    Cybex flys: 10x3
    Cable flys (from top): 10x4
    Done

    The humidity is like 500% it's miserable outside which just drains the energy out of you, my workout was fine anyway and I had good stamina throughout, thanks to another heavy carb day. I need to cut the carbs tomorrow though and I'm only doing a light arm day so it's good timing.

    Ok I'm about done for today, thanks for watchin'
    Basso Out!

  7. good deal! im taking ast-ss metabolism prescription RX. i havbnt taken caffinine in 5 years and i was up to traking 4 a day. but my bodys not ready for it. im now taking two a day and Jeff willet from ast told me (though email) that i need to take 4 a day for best results. well ill do it when my bodys ready. it does seem to speed me up a bit but things seem to be slower in the morning intill i get the boost. also i take alcar and its great boost.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    good deal! im taking ast-ss metabolism prescription RX. i havbnt taken caffinine in 5 years and i was up to traking 4 a day. but my bodys not ready for it. im now taking two a day and Jeff willet from ast told me (though email) that i need to take 4 a day for best results. well ill do it when my bodys ready. it does seem to speed me up a bit but things seem to be slower in the morning intill i get the boost. also i take alcar and its great boost.
    How is the appetite suppression properties? I can live with dragging my feet, but combined with being hungry it's a recipe for disaster!

  9. Nicotine gum is awesome for appetite suppression. 1mg worth every 3 to 4 hours is plenty to start. If you can handle stimulants, Ergopharm AMP + Avant Labs HEAT is a great combination as well. 1 cap AMP/2 caps HEAT 2 or 3 times daily does a number on my appetite. For nightime hunger, I've found that USP Labs Camphibolic is an excellent product, as I eat a modest cottage cheese meal before bed, and sleep throughout the night with no hunger issues of which to speak. Green tea is an effective addition for me as well, both in capsule form and drank with added splenda. It tends to have a calming/soothing effect as well as suppressing appetite on myself which is certainly welcome.

    I've been cutting for several months with a carbohydrate cycling diet, and these items have performed admirably at keeping my appetite almost completely at bay. It really hasn't felt like I've been cutting, as I don't tend to get hungry unless I haven't eaten in 4+ hours. I notice my blood sugar crashing before I feel any kind of hunger.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    How is the appetite suppression properties? I can live with dragging my feet, but combined with being hungry it's a recipe for disaster!
    Going well. hows this look for lunch?:burg: lol

  11. Quote Originally Posted by max silver
    Nicotine gum is awesome for appetite suppression. 1mg worth every 3 to 4 hours is plenty to start. If you can handle stimulants, Ergopharm AMP + Avant Labs HEAT is a great combination as well. 1 cap AMP/2 caps HEAT 2 or 3 times daily does a number on my appetite. For nightime hunger, I've found that USP Labs Camphibolic is an excellent product, as I eat a modest cottage cheese meal before bed, and sleep throughout the night with no hunger issues of which to speak. Green tea is an effective addition for me as well, both in capsule form and drank with added splenda. It tends to have a calming/soothing effect as well as suppressing appetite on myself which is certainly welcome.

    I've been cutting for several months with a carbohydrate cycling diet, and these items have performed admirably at keeping my appetite almost completely at bay. It really hasn't felt like I've been cutting, as I don't tend to get hungry unless I haven't eaten in 4+ hours. I notice my blood sugar crashing before I feel any kind of hunger.
    Thanks for the tips, I'll have to it a try! I was hoping to go as long as possible without any kind of Supp but I think I need it now! I was going to pick some Camph up anyway and I'll give the tea a try tomorrow, I'm not much of a tea drinker but what the heck if it helps I'll try it!

  12. Basso, have you tried the "Fast Food" diet? I hear it works wonders. I would get on that right away. I have my log going also. Good luck

  13. Quote Originally Posted by peterson24
    Basso, have you tried the "Fast Food" diet? I hear it works wonders. I would get on that right away. I have my log going also. Good luck
    Nice try! I will prevail! This is just a warm-up, August is when the rubber meets the road, and I will be on 10%bf like a fat kid on a sandwich! Good luck though

  14. Hey basso thanks for the info about bands do you think a pl'ing shirt, say a 1 ply would help a brothers squats/ deads by keeping the core tight?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    Hey basso thanks for the info about bands do you think a pl'ing shirt, say a 1 ply would help a brothers squats/ deads by keeping the core tight?
    No, some people used to where them backwards but with the shirts today that would be impossible. A squat suit is what your looking for and if you just want it for training make sure you get a loose one. A tight or normal fit is a lot of work to get into it and probably would be a waste of money. Just a simple Inzer single ply (or similar) would make a great training suit. You can wear it backwards for DL but really just wearing it normal for DL will keep your core super tight. Hope that answers your question.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    No, some people used to where them backwards but with the shirts today that would be impossible. A squat suit is what your looking for and if you just want it for training make sure you get a loose one. A tight or normal fit is a lot of work to get into it and probably would be a waste of money. Just a simple Inzer single ply (or similar) would make a great training suit. You can wear it backwards for DL but really just wearing it normal for DL will keep your core super tight. Hope that answers your question.
    I have problems with overarching my back, and loosening my abs is correlated or contributing, so maybe its weak abs. I usually do front squats bc rear squats make me lean forward and its alot of lower back strain, i feel like ima fall back wards, you think i should sqaut with something under my heels? any ideas?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    I have problems with overarching my back, and loosening my abs is correlated or contributing, so maybe its weak abs. I usually do front squats bc rear squats make me lean forward and its alot of lower back strain, i feel like ima fall back wards, you think i should sqaut with something under my heels? any ideas?
    Core work #1, Good Mornings, pull throughs, SLDL, DL, GHRs etc, don't compensate for weaknesses fix 'em. Box squats can teach you how to sit back in the squat, you can also hold the bar lower on your back. Concentrate on flexing your abs throughout the movement. In the PL forum take a look at the stikies I think there is some basic form articles, if not look over at elite fitness in their article section for a lot more info.

  18. July 14

    Low carbs today, got about 40g's in me at 6pm and most of that is fibby veggies. Feel good but I do have that no carb flat look going for me today. Anyway diet's going good no hunger pains today so I'm holding off on adding anything extra until I really need it.

    Tris
    Skull Crushers(curlbar): 115x12, 135x10x3
    Push downs: 8x3
    Behind the head tricep ext: 45's 6x3

    Bis
    Straight bar: 95x8, 115x8
    Curl bar: 115x10,8,8
    DBs: 65x6x3

    Time elapsed: 20 min.

    My hammies hurt! Quads feel great no soreness, I'm just tired I may take tomorrow off. I read through the twin peaks carb cycling article and I kind of like the idea of cycling one day at a time, it fits with my w/o's also, if I miss a day I'll be hitting high carbs on Leg and Back days and low carbs on Chest and Shoulder day with no carbs on arms day. So after my week off (last wk of July) I think I'm going to do that scheme. It sucks I have to take that week off but such is life if I want to keep my job. You all ever wonder what it would be like to lift and diet for a living? Man that would not be the worst job, eh?

    That's it for today, nice and simple
    Basso Out

  19. July 15

    I'm taking a much needed day off today. Woke up this morning and did some measurements, I figured Sat morning is a good time to do this and I will continue throughout. So after 2 weeks here is where I stand.

    Weight: 233 -5lbs (some of this is attributed to coming off creatine)
    Waist: 36.5 -.25
    Lovely handles: 36.75 -.75 (yeh baby, that's what I'm talking about)
    BF% 17.5ish -.5

    Upper abs definitely visible upon waking, I'm definitely moving in the right direction, the next couple weeks are going to be a bit screwed up hopefully I'll survive them without going backwards.

    No Cardio, No W/O just a lazy do nothing day!

    Thanks for watching
    Basso Out
    Last edited by Basso; 07-15-2006 at 11:13 AM.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    July 15

    I'm taking a much needed day off today. Woke up this morning and did some measurements, I figured Sat morning is a good time to do this and I will continue throughout. So after 2 weeks here is where I stand.

    Weight: 233 -5lbs (some of this is attributed to coming off creatine)
    Waist: 36.5 -.25
    Lovely handles: 36.75 -.75 (yeh baby, that's what I'm talking about)
    BF% 37.5ish -.5

    Upper abs definitely visible upon waking, I'm definitely moving in the right direction, the next couple weeks are going to be a bit screwed up hopefully I'll survive them without going backwards.

    No Cardio, No W/O just a lazy do nothing day!

    Thanks for watching
    Basso Out
    nice to see you ,making some great progress, keep up the good work.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    July 15

    BF% 37.5ish -.5

    Upper abs definitely visible upon waking, Basso Out
    uhh, I think you have a typo bro. I doubt you'd see any abs at 37.5% bf 17.5% ? Nice work, keep it up!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Viperspit
    uhh, I think you have a typo bro. I doubt you'd see any abs at 37.5% bf 17.5% ? Nice work, keep it up!
    Hee hee, I was just testing ya

    anyway I think it's more of a fat conforming to the location of abs thing. But man I'm feelin like I've come a long way, it's been a long time since I've been here and I'm excited! It's so bad I was talking to my wife today (via video cam) and I had to show her my abs, my daughter (6 yrs old) saw me and said "wow daddy a muscle pack" yeh that's my girl!

  23. July 16

    Just a quick update, I took today off also! My legs were still not fully recovered and I want to DL so I went for a ride 20 miles nice and easy. Blew a side wall and ended up walking 6km but it was a relaxing day. Both yesterday and today were low to med carbs, I took the weekend off from fitday but will continue throughout this week. I will probably over work a little going into the weekend since M-F next week I will not beable to go to the gym. My weight is now down to 232, as expected coming off creatine. I ordered some CEE, I didn't have much luck with it a couple years ago but am going to give it another go, will start 1Aug. Well that's it another lazy day, I'm looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow after a couple off days, should feel good and recovered. Until tomorrow.

  24. Hey an extra day out of the gym never killed anyone Sounds like you got some nice cardio in anyways. How's the weather over there right now? I remember my sone telling me about Black Flag days in Okinawa and they'd be doing PT at like 5am before it got to be over 100.

  25. It's been haning out around 90 with like 1000% humidity

    I've always done a MT/TF w/o split and one the things I like best about it is Mon I'm always recovered and feeling good. Here I'm tring to spread things out but still take days off when I need them. This is the first time I've taken 2 in a row for a few weeks.

  26. July 17

    High carb day, looks like I'll hit around 40/40/20 weight is holding at 232 or so, I maintained over the weekend, that's all I was hoping for.

    BACK
    DL's 245x10, 335x5, 425x5, 475x5,6
    BB Rows 245x10, 295x6, 245x10
    DB Rows 150s X10,8,8
    Pull Downs 6x3 (stack, whatever that is)

    Calves
    Leg Press 8x3 (stack)
    Seated Calf Raise 100x10, 145x8, 100x8

    Lower Back
    GMs 135x8, 185x8, 225x6x2

    Time Elasped: 45 minutes

    Was going to do stomach but I'm trying to keep my workouts at 45min or less and tomorrow is shoulders so that's 20-30min easy, I'll do my gut tomorrow. Felt old and creaky, joints hurt, my legs and back did not feel 100% but once I got the old engine warmed up I felt pretty good. Good w/o, I could really feel the difference of having a couple days off.

    Tomorrow Shoulders, until then
    Basso Out!

  27. July 18

    Today 2800 cals at 50/20/30, felt good no cravings etc. Busy at work so that helped, a little tired by the time I finally hit the gym but just a shoulder day.

    Shoulders:
    Standing Military Press: 185x8x3
    Seated DB Arnold press: 75's 8x2
    Lateral raises 50x8x3
    front raises 35x10x3

    Gut
    Cable crunches 15x3
    Hanging leg lifts 25, 20, 12

    D-U-N

    Basso Out

  28. July 19

    Today I hit 50/15/35 @2800 cals, carbs were from green veggies, cottage cheese etc. The only real carbs I had was a small WW Tortilla for b'fast. Felt great today, and tomorrow I'm back to high carbs and another leg day!

    I should note that I started taking Camphibolic Intense yesterday, 2 caps between 11-12. Today was a much better experience with it and it has deleted my appetite! Someone brought in 10 bags of various candy bars (all the ones I like) threw them on the table and said eat up, I felt sick looking at them, glad it was a no carb day that helps lower cravings also.

    Tris
    Close Grip Bench: 315x6,6,5
    Curlbar Skull Crushers: 115x10, 135x10x3
    DB kick ups?: 50x8x2

    Bis
    DB curls: 70x6x3
    Curlbar: 115x8x3
    Hammer: 90x12x2

    Legs+High Carbs tomorrow, yeh! My back is still not fully recovered but it will be a light leg day.

    Thanks for watchin'
    Basso out

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Basso

    Tris
    Close Grip Bench: 315x6,6,5
    Curlbar Skull Crushers: 115x10, 135x10x3
    DB kick ups?: 50x8x2
    Overhead one arm french press is what i call em, nice job with the low cals, this things in the bag right?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
  2. Jumpshot's Transformation log!
    By jumpshot903 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 03:39 PM
  3. My Transformation Log
    By saludable24 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 03:39 PM
  4. DP's PAL Sponsored Body Transformation Log
    By dpatterson in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Log in
Log in