Beowulf's (insert witty title) Training Log

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Rest / Pause doesn't have anything to do with TUT really, just a fatigue factor. Some people benifit from working their muscles harder, i.e. rest pause, and some people should just stick to straight sets because they don't recover as well.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Rest / Pause doesn't have anything to do with TUT really, just a fatigue factor. Some people benifit from working their muscles harder, i.e. rest pause, and some people should just stick to straight sets because they don't recover as well.

    I reduced the TUT but was wondering if the RP will help with strength gains. I have good recovery, especially with the "enhancement" I am currently getting. I was thinking the last set to failure, RP and try again? I guess I should just get off my lazy ass and do a search, LOL.

    Sorry Beo, I'll quit hijackin your thread. Reading it just got me thinkin is all. (That is a dangerous pastime for me)
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    I reduced the TUT but was wondering if the RP will help with strength gains. I have good recovery, especially with the "enhancement" I am currently getting. I was thinking the last set to failure, RP and try again? I guess I should just get off my lazy ass and do a search, LOL.

    Sorry Beo, I'll quit hijackin your thread. Reading it just got me thinkin is all. (That is a dangerous pastime for me)
    Ask away, I could care less about hijacking.

    DC claims his entire regimen is geared toward strength and hypertrophy, so I would think that a RP would help in that dept. Considering your current state of "suspended animation", I can't imagine it hurting. Only thing is that I would not use RP in the 2-4 rep range. If you get 4 reps in the straight set, you might get 1 more, 2 if you're lucky. I'd say shoot for something you can get for at least 6-7 reps, take 10-15 breaths and you should get 2-4 more reps. Make sure you are very, very, very warm. RP is no joke :bb2:

    BTW, looking pretty shredded in the avatar; will you be updating post-cycle.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Ask away, I could care less about hijacking.

    DC claims his entire regimen is geared toward strength and hypertrophy, so I would think that a RP would help in that dept. Considering your current state of "suspended animation", I can't imagine it hurting. Only thing is that I would not use RP in the 2-4 rep range. If you get 4 reps in the straight set, you might get 1 more, 2 if you're lucky. I'd say shoot for something you can get for at least 6-7 reps, take 10-15 breaths and you should get 2-4 more reps. Make sure you are very, very, very warm. RP is no joke :bb2:

    BTW, looking pretty shredded in the avatar; will you be updating post-cycle.
    Thanks for the info bro. Perhaps I'll try the RP on my second set to squeeze out a bit more volume. I like the lower rep final set with a very slow neg on the last rep. Trying to get the fibers used to the heavier weight.

    Avy pic was at the end of the USP/Scivation cut stack test and yeah, I was pretty lean. Not the case right now. Almost embarrasing going from showing abs to pudgin over the belt. I prolly throw up some update pics at the end of this run. I do plan on cutting in the second half though.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  5. Hey Beo,
    How are you doing Man? Any updates?
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
    •   
       


  6. I've been away at a conference and didn't have any time for the gym. I just ran 30min every morning. Diet was mediocre at best, but I'll be back at it tomorrow :squat:
  7. Resuming the Log...


    I got back from a conference late Friday night, and was occupied Sat and Sunday (wedding), so I ended up having a 9 day layoff. I really hate layoffs. My diet wasn't terrible, but definitely shy of where it should have been

    Nonetheless, I'm back at it and plan to crank for at least 7 consecutive weeks before another layoff. I figure I should have a deloading week before the chaos of the new school year begins.

    7/3/2006

    Day 1C: QUADS/HAMS/ABS

    Deadlifts:

    135x8
    135x5
    185x5
    225x4
    275x2
    315x2
    365x1
    315x4
    This pissed me off. I got 365x4 for on my first time doing this workout. I do not respond well to layoffs, and I didn't have my **** together well enough to nail the layoff diet. Oh well, the conference was informative, and I got to know my new colleagues for next year.

    Leg Press
    180x12
    270x9
    360x4
    450x20 (RP @ 13)

    Swiss Ball Crunches
    20
    16
    15
    12

    Vacuums
    3 sets for as long as possible (didnt' count)

    Cardio
    Elliptical: 45 min

    Nutrition
    Burned: 3407
    Consumed: 2830
    Deficit: 577
    Ratio: 46/38/17
    Last edited by Beowulf; 07-04-2006 at 01:12 AM.
  8. Re: Resuming the Log...


    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I got back from a conference late Friday night, and was occupied Sat and Sunday (wedding), so I ended up having a 9 day layoff. I really hate layoffs. My diet wasn't terrible, but definitely shy of where it should have been

    Nonetheless, I'm back at it and plan to crank for at least 7 consecutive weeks before another layoff. I figure I should have a deloading week before the chaos of the new school year begins.

    7/3/2006

    Day 1C: QUADS/HAMS/ABS

    Deadlifts:

    135x8
    135x5
    185x5
    225x4
    275x2
    315x2
    365x1
    315x4
    This pissed me off. I got 365x4 for on my first time doing this workout. I do not respond well to layoffs, and I didn't have my **** together well enough to nail the layoff diet. Oh well, the conference was informative, and I got to know my new colleagues for next year.

    Leg Press
    180x12
    270x9
    360x4
    450x20 (RP @ 13)

    Swiss Ball Crunches
    20
    16
    15
    12

    Vacuums
    3 sets for as long as possible (didnt' count)

    Cardio
    Elliptical: 45 min

    Nutrition
    Burned: 3407
    Consumed: TBD
    Deficit: TBD
    Ratio: TBD
    Hey Bud,

    You are back in the gym now. I've often felt guilty from the absence, but benefited from it. So stay focused AND DON'T GET DOWN ON YOURSELF!!! (but put the ice cream down for the week. )
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

  9. Yeah, I'm not taking that DL performance as a complete failure. I just need to ease back into it.

  10. here Beo.. give Ubi a hug... I've been there... I had three weeks off recently due to some huge events in my life... and came back with a pitiful showing in the gym....

    anyways, you can stop hugging now... getting weird.

  11. I'd hug longer but those nunchucks are intimidating

  12. 7/5/2006

    DAY 1B: CHEST/BACK WIDTH/DELTS/BACK THICKNESS/TRIS

    BB Incline Bench
    45x20
    45x15
    135x8
    165x5
    185x10 [email protected]
    ~Lost a couple of reps here, but not as bad as the loss on leg day

    CG Pulldown
    60x15
    60x10
    80x8
    100x5
    120x4
    150x20 [email protected]

    DB Raise
    8x15
    15x5
    25x21 [email protected]

    BB Rows
    45x15
    135x8
    185x5
    205x13 [email protected]

    EZ Skullcrusher
    30x15
    50x8
    70x20 [email protected], 18

    Nutrition
    Burned: 3274
    Consumed: 2814
    Deficit: 460
    Ratio: 58/27/15

    Overall, strength is more on track than expected. Bring it on :bb:

    Last edited by Beowulf; 07-06-2006 at 08:23 AM.

  13. 7/6/2006

    DAY 2B: BIS/CALVES/FOREARMS/ABS

    EZ Preacher Curls

    30x12
    40x8
    60x5
    70x3
    80x11 [email protected] (lost 1 rep from last time...not too bad)
    50x23 straight set

    Seated Calf Raise
    0x20
    45x12
    70x8
    85x5
    115x4
    150x20 [email protected],16 PR
    115x15 straight set

    DB Wrist Curls (palms up, seated)
    15x20
    20x20
    25x20
    30x20

    Woodchop (for obliques)
    40x15 (chest level)
    50x15 (chest level)
    60x15 (chest level)
    40x15 (from bottom of pulley)
    *this is a great exercise for obliques, and to a lesser degree, abs
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/henkin8e.jpg

    Nutrition
    Burned: TBD
    Consumed: TBD
    Deficit: TBD
    Ratio: TBD

    Today should be the day to update my goal for the last year, but I've modified it in my sig to extend for 1 more month, due to getting off track with being out of town for the conference. Again, I feel like I'm getting back on track with my workouts. Gotta keep truckin'
    Last edited by Beowulf; 07-06-2006 at 05:28 PM.

  14. Hey Beo, just wanted to let you know I have been secretly following your log whilst hiding in the shadows. All the while ready to pounce like Ubi would on his next victim.

  15. happy birthday beo

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    happy birthday beo
    Just another day closer to dying right. How depressing is that.

    BTW, don't work those "claves" too hard. Don't wanna pull a claf muscle now do you.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    happy birthday beo



    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Just another day closer to dying right. How depressing is that.

    BTW, don't work those "claves" too hard. Don't wanna pull a claf muscle now do you.
    Nice catch. Frightening that I'm an English teacher, isn't it...

    I'm one day closer to dying, or as I prefer to think of it, one day closer to the best shape of my life. Otherwise I'd sit on the couch and eat ice cream all day. Hmmmmmmmm, ice cream

  18. happy birthday bro.. how did you like my side of the country? Maybe next time you won't be so shy huh? Although, you were 2 hours south of me... ..... ... ... I digress.... keep up the logs.. some of us (namely I) are too lazy to keep them.

  19. Thanks Ubi. I realized that I was spending Monday through Friday with my entire grade level team, and we were in workshops from 7:30-4pm every day. I didn't have time to do anything, and I had to be on my best behavior. They thought I was tapped b/c I stayed out until 2am when the night that my buddy drove down from LA to catch up.

    I love your side of the country. Pacific Beach made me curse the sanctity of marriage (figuratively, of course). I could really get used to living out there, and would actually go for it if life wasn't so fleeting. I just got hired at one of the best city schools in the country (a rare opportunity), and the lady and I will probably start having Beowulfitos in a couple of years, so we'll need to rely on family a lot then.

    I really wish I had spent a few years in SoCal in my early twenties One thing is certain: I'll be headed out that way again to visit my buddy just outside LA. If I make it this summer I'll definitely give you a shout, and maybe even get some workouts in next time.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I really wish I had spent a few years in SoCal in my early twenties One thing is certain: I'll be headed out that way again to visit my buddy just outside LA. If I make it this summer I'll definitely give you a shout, and maybe even get some workouts in next time.
    SoCal is the ****.

  21. socal is definately the place to be.

    if you can afford it.

  22. Yeah, I heard that the avg price of a home is $600,000, and there are not many job opportunities. Definitely not the place for a teacher to start a family, but a very nice place to visit.

  23. 7/7/2006
    Day 3B: QUADS/HAMS/ABS
    Hack Squat

    0x15
    90x8
    180x5
    230x4
    270x3
    320x12
    270x16
    I was aiming to duplicate my last effort, and did almost exactly, except that I bumped into a buddy and ended up having a 2min rest between the 320 set and the 270 set. Definitely getting back on track.

    Leg Curl
    40x12
    60x8
    80x5
    100x3
    120x18 [email protected], 15
    Got the same on this, but I needed an extra RP


    Nutrition
    Burned: 3318
    Consumed: TBD
    Deficit: TBD
    Ratio: TBD
    Last edited by Beowulf; 07-28-2006 at 07:35 AM.

  24. 7/11/2006

    Cardio: 30 Min in a.m.

    DAY 1C: CHEST/BACK WIDTH/BACK THICKNESS
    Dips

    90x12 (on machine)
    90x12 (on machine)
    0x5
    0x6
    0x6
    35x4
    50x16 [email protected], 14
    (Did a 2nd RP here to beat what I did last time; would've come up 1 short)

    Wide Neutral Grip Lat PD
    60x12
    80x8
    100x6
    110x4
    120x3
    130x14 [email protected]
    T-Bar Rows
    45x10
    90x5
    135x7 :
    I was really short on time, so I didn't really rest between any of these, and had to screw before doing the set properly. Back thickness is usually my strongest movement, so if I have to botch an exercise, this is the one to do it on.

    I'm still having a tough time making it to the gym b/c I keep having conflicts. I'm finally getting a summer schedule down, which is good b/c ironically, the lack of routine makes it hard to find time to hit the gym. Saturday was scheduled off. Sunday, the fam celebrated my B-Day, so I was there all day, and the gym closes early. Monday, my wife had a minor procedure done, and was in extreme pain, so she understandably wanted me with her all day (you wouldn't believe how sensitive I can be ). I finally made it in today, but had started a major project all day. I took the wife out for a belated b-day dinner (3months late ), so I had to leave the gym halfway through my workout. I'll do delts and tris with abs, calves and bis tomorrow. No big deal.

    The dinner was awesome. Any Bostonians out there should check out Dali (named for the painter), a Spanish tapas restaurant on the Somerville/Cambridge line. Awesome food. We had to get a b-day dessert, and you won't believe what my wife wanted: a traditional Spanish dessert, flan, but this one was called "Ubiquitous Flan". Something you want to tell me Ubi? Any reason she'd pick that you fecker... :bruce:

    I'm sure this will sound wrong, but Ubi was delicious

    I'm not even gonna try to count cals for the day after eating 7 different tapas plus dessert. Suffice to say I won't have a cheat for a while.

  25. 7/12/2006

    DAY 2C (Modified): TRIS/DELTS/BIS/FOREARMS

    CG Bench:

    45x15
    45x15
    95x8
    135x5
    160x3
    185x10 [email protected]
    Tris were a bit fatigued from dips yesterday, otherwise I think I would have beaten this

    BB Curls (Wide)
    30x12
    40x8
    50x6
    80x4
    90x4
    100x9 [email protected]

    Upright Rows
    30x12
    40x10
    50x4
    70x3
    80x15 [email protected]

    Reverse EZ Curl
    30x12
    40x5
    50x18 [email protected]

    I got up early today to get this workout in before working today. I'm sick of missing workouts, so I'll fit them in whenever I can (as long as it doesn't jeopardize my marriage )

    I'm doing manual labor all day, so I'm not sure how much I will need to increase cals. I'll listen to my body and tweak cals accordingly.

    Consumed: 30009
    Burned: Haven't a clue, based on manual labor.
    Ratio: 43/34/23
    Last edited by Beowulf; 07-13-2006 at 05:53 PM.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lecheek MassHGH and Testodrol X9 log (insert clever title)
    By roblasane in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 09:26 AM
  2. JudoJosh -insert cool title here- (Havoc pulse log)
    By JudoJosh in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 07:24 AM
  3. Replies: 290
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 11:40 PM
  4. (Insert Witty Title Here) MMV2 Log
    By Dadof2 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 10:39 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Log in
Log in