Beowulf's (insert witty title) Training Log

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. 6/20/2006

Cardio
    Elliptical: 30 min

Nutrition
    Burned: 3129
    Consumed: 2709
    Deficit: 420 (a sign that I should start observing the international smoking time again ) cals
    Ratio: 53/31/16

Today was the last day of school I was busting my butt to get all my grading done, but this means a lot of pressure off and a hell of a lot more time to dedicate to training and nutrition. I have a busy summer ahead of me, but it is self-directed (for the most part).

2. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    6/20/2006

Cardio
    Elliptical: 30 min

Nutrition
    Burned: 3129
    Consumed: 2709
    Deficit: 420 (a sign that I should start observing the international smoking time again ) cals
    Ratio: 53/31/16

Today was the last day of school I was busting my butt to get all my grading done, but this means a lot of pressure off and a hell of a lot more time to dedicate to training and nutrition. I have a busy summer ahead of me, but it is self-directed (for the most part).
    You know what that means.. celebrate naked on the couch, eating Crowler Cookies...... wife's hand on your weiner.... HeMan reruns playing on the TV.... Boom... decadence.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    You know what that means.. celebrate naked on the couch, eating Crowler Cookies...... wife's hand on your weiner.... HeMan reruns playing on the TV.... Boom... decadence.
    I'll take all of the above, minus He-Man

Ubi, I don't even want to know why you like to see a jacked, half-naked, cartoon man when your lady is touching your wiener

4. way to correct me on the spelling of wiener... hmmph

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    way to correct me on the spelling of wiener... hmmph
    I don't know the correct spelling of wiener, as I don't spend my time thinking about them. Note: I'm not judging you, Ubi
    •   

6. 6/21/2006
    Day 1A: CHEST/SHOULDERS/TRIS/BACK WIDTH/BACK THICKNESS
    DB Bench

45x10
    55x6
    65x4
    75x3
    85x3
    95x10 PR
    ([email protected])

Wide-grip Pullup
    BWx3
    BWx3
    BWx3
    BWx3
    BWx19 PR (I used to be able to do a ton of pullups, but I weighed 30-40lbs less)
    ([email protected],16)

Arnold Press (seated, simultaneous)
    35x8
    50x3
    55x13 PR (last time I only got 8 total; I blasted right through to 10 before resting)

CG Seated Row
    50x10
    80x5
    100x5
    110x23 PR

Tri PD
    50x5
    75x5
    90x18 PR
    [email protected], 15

Nutrition:
    Cals Consumed: 2535
    Cals Burned: 3338
    Deficit: 803
    Ratio: 47/31/19
    P/C/F

GREAT WORKOUT! I went 5x5 for PRs. This was N/A before b/c my first time through the cycle of 3 workouts established the baseline.
    Last edited by Beowulf; 06-21-2006 at 11:54 PM.

7. awesome session beo

8. trainng looks intense Beo and the PR (im assuming this tands for personal record..) are crazy.

I dont know if your saving this but I thought I would ask anyway. What are your current stats? I know your sig has your goals I was just wondering what you were at now?

9. Currently 199lbs at approx. 12%bf. I don't think I'll quite hit the goal, but I'll get pretty close. I've been doing the calculation BV posted a while back, and it seems to come out a bit on the high side. I'd rather overestimate than underestimate. My abs are starting to show; that is a good sign.

10. Awesome man! Keep on track and you'll hit it.

11. I bumped my knee of the corner of my glass coffee table earlier (I blush to mention that I did it dancing around like a buffoon to make my lady laugh ) I have a lump, it hurts to bend it, and it cracks when I walk down stairs. I really hope this doesn't interfere :

****Thanks for the encouragement, boys. Every bit helps
    Now if I could only get some sexy ladies to cheer me on instead of a bunch of large males

12. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Now if I could only get some sexy ladies to cheer me on instead of a bunch of large males...
    As an psychology expert, I'm convinced you don't actually care if the ladies cheer you on and you subconciously are turned on when beelzebub strokes your uhh 'id'

13. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    As an psychology expert, I'm convinced you don't actually care if the ladies cheer you on and you subconciously are turned on when beelzebub strokes your uhh 'id'
    Damn, did I just see you on BET advertising your Extra-Sensory Perceptions

14. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf

****Thanks for the encouragement, boys. Every bit helps
    Now if I could only get some sexy ladies to cheer me on instead of a bunch of large males

Well, would a not so large man wearing fishnets and heels suffice? I thought so....

Go Beo!
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    [B]
    50x14 [email protected]

130x14 [email protected]

80x15 [email protected]

135x16 [email protected] (little help on #16)

185x10 [email protected] (felt toasted by the time I got to this set)
    What are the RP@'s referring to? Is that repeat?
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

16. rest pause

damn white ppl

17. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Currently 199lbs at approx. 12%bf. I don't think I'll quite hit the goal, but I'll get pretty close. I've been doing the calculation BV posted a while back, and it seems to come out a bit on the high side. I'd rather overestimate than underestimate. My abs are starting to show; that is a good sign.
    thats awsome man, best of luck on the final few (im not sure when your birthday is so insert either weeks or months)

18. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023
    thats awsome man, best of luck on the final few (im not sure when your birthday is so insert either weeks or months)
    B-Day is in 2 weeks. There is no way I'll make the goal by then b/c I'm not gonna waste all the LBM I've gained in the last year just to get cut down by that day. I'll be at a conference in So. Cal all next week, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to hit the gym at all. I have no idea what sort of diet I'll be able to pull off next week, but I'll try. If nothing else, I'll try to make it a deloading week, and maybe hit up a couple of circuit training workouts on a crappy hotel nautilus.

6/22/06
    DAY 2A: BIS, CALVES, FOREARMS, ABS

DB Curls

25x8
    30x5
    35x4
    40x3
    45x2
    50x14 PR
    [email protected], 11

Standing Calf Raise
    100x10
    150x8
    200x8
    250x6
    300x5
    375x3
    425x16 PR
    [email protected]

DB/BB Wrist Curl
    15x15
    25x12
    35x10 (wrist pain )
    135x12 (w/BB...more wrist pain )
    This is pissing me off. I need to find a forearm exercise that I can actually do without wrist pain : I should have listened to my parents and slowed the #$%^ down when I was younger.

Decline Situps
    25x8
    35x20
    [email protected]
    *First time doing these in a long time. Just establishing a baseline.

Another good workout I rotate warmups so that I got all of this done in about 30min.

Nutrition
    Burned: 3146
    Consumed: 2624
    Deficit: 522
    Ratio: 47/39/15
    Last edited by Beowulf; 06-22-2006 at 11:03 PM.

19. Observation: If DOMS is a decent indicator of sufficient microtrauma to induce growth, there is no question in my mind that 1 all out set w/RPs, etc is enough to cause DOMS. My legs are still sore from 3 days ago, and my upper body is in some serious pain right now from yesterday's workout.

Interestingly, my quads and tris have not really been sore. I shot 20mcg of IGF preworkout in each quad on leg day and each tri yesterday. I wonder if the IGF is at the root of this. I shot bis before today's workout, so we'll see tomorrow.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Observation: If DOMS is a decent indicator of sufficient microtrauma to induce growth, there is no question in my mind that 1 all out set w/RPs, etc is enough to cause DOMS. My legs are still sore from 3 days ago, and my upper body is in some serious pain right now from yesterday's workout.

Interestingly, my quads and tris have not really been sore. I shot 20mcg of IGF preworkout in each quad on leg day and each tri yesterday. I wonder if the IGF is at the root of this. I shot bis before today's workout, so we'll see tomorrow.
    I hate to be a pain in the ass (not really) but....
    could you elaborate on the rest pause concept. I was running a TUT program robbed from Glen and tweaked a bit. I recently changed it up some using the same split but using heavier weights and less TUT. Also incresed rest between sets from 60 seconds to ~3 minutes and increase weight each set to give me the desired rep ranges (8-10, 4-6, 2-4). I am trying to increase strength mainly and was thinking this rest pause may help with that? Especially while "on"? Just a thought.

21. Rest / Pause doesn't have anything to do with TUT really, just a fatigue factor. Some people benifit from working their muscles harder, i.e. rest pause, and some people should just stick to straight sets because they don't recover as well.

22. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Rest / Pause doesn't have anything to do with TUT really, just a fatigue factor. Some people benifit from working their muscles harder, i.e. rest pause, and some people should just stick to straight sets because they don't recover as well.

I reduced the TUT but was wondering if the RP will help with strength gains. I have good recovery, especially with the "enhancement" I am currently getting. I was thinking the last set to failure, RP and try again? I guess I should just get off my lazy ass and do a search, LOL.

Sorry Beo, I'll quit hijackin your thread. Reading it just got me thinkin is all. (That is a dangerous pastime for me)

23. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    I reduced the TUT but was wondering if the RP will help with strength gains. I have good recovery, especially with the "enhancement" I am currently getting. I was thinking the last set to failure, RP and try again? I guess I should just get off my lazy ass and do a search, LOL.

Sorry Beo, I'll quit hijackin your thread. Reading it just got me thinkin is all. (That is a dangerous pastime for me)
    Ask away, I could care less about hijacking.

DC claims his entire regimen is geared toward strength and hypertrophy, so I would think that a RP would help in that dept. Considering your current state of "suspended animation", I can't imagine it hurting. Only thing is that I would not use RP in the 2-4 rep range. If you get 4 reps in the straight set, you might get 1 more, 2 if you're lucky. I'd say shoot for something you can get for at least 6-7 reps, take 10-15 breaths and you should get 2-4 more reps. Make sure you are very, very, very warm. RP is no joke :bb2:

BTW, looking pretty shredded in the avatar; will you be updating post-cycle.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Ask away, I could care less about hijacking.

DC claims his entire regimen is geared toward strength and hypertrophy, so I would think that a RP would help in that dept. Considering your current state of "suspended animation", I can't imagine it hurting. Only thing is that I would not use RP in the 2-4 rep range. If you get 4 reps in the straight set, you might get 1 more, 2 if you're lucky. I'd say shoot for something you can get for at least 6-7 reps, take 10-15 breaths and you should get 2-4 more reps. Make sure you are very, very, very warm. RP is no joke :bb2:

BTW, looking pretty shredded in the avatar; will you be updating post-cycle.
    Thanks for the info bro. Perhaps I'll try the RP on my second set to squeeze out a bit more volume. I like the lower rep final set with a very slow neg on the last rep. Trying to get the fibers used to the heavier weight.

Avy pic was at the end of the USP/Scivation cut stack test and yeah, I was pretty lean. Not the case right now. Almost embarrasing going from showing abs to pudgin over the belt. I prolly throw up some update pics at the end of this run. I do plan on cutting in the second half though.

25. Hey Beo,
    How are you doing Man? Any updates?
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

26. I've been away at a conference and didn't have any time for the gym. I just ran 30min every morning. Diet was mediocre at best, but I'll be back at it tomorrow :squat:
  27. Resuming the Log...

I got back from a conference late Friday night, and was occupied Sat and Sunday (wedding), so I ended up having a 9 day layoff. I really hate layoffs. My diet wasn't terrible, but definitely shy of where it should have been

Nonetheless, I'm back at it and plan to crank for at least 7 consecutive weeks before another layoff. I figure I should have a deloading week before the chaos of the new school year begins.

7/3/2006

Day 1C: QUADS/HAMS/ABS

Deadlifts:

135x8
    135x5
    185x5
    225x4
    275x2
    315x2
    365x1
    315x4
    This pissed me off. I got 365x4 for on my first time doing this workout. I do not respond well to layoffs, and I didn't have my **** together well enough to nail the layoff diet. Oh well, the conference was informative, and I got to know my new colleagues for next year.

Leg Press
    180x12
    270x9
    360x4
    450x20 (RP @ 13)

Swiss Ball Crunches

Vacuums
    3 sets for as long as possible (didnt' count)

Cardio
    Elliptical: 45 min

Nutrition
    Burned: 3407
    Consumed: 2830
    Deficit: 577
    Ratio: 46/38/17
    Last edited by Beowulf; 07-04-2006 at 01:12 AM.
  28. Re: Resuming the Log...

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I got back from a conference late Friday night, and was occupied Sat and Sunday (wedding), so I ended up having a 9 day layoff. I really hate layoffs. My diet wasn't terrible, but definitely shy of where it should have been

Nonetheless, I'm back at it and plan to crank for at least 7 consecutive weeks before another layoff. I figure I should have a deloading week before the chaos of the new school year begins.

7/3/2006

Day 1C: QUADS/HAMS/ABS

Deadlifts:

135x8
    135x5
    185x5
    225x4
    275x2
    315x2
    365x1
    315x4
    This pissed me off. I got 365x4 for on my first time doing this workout. I do not respond well to layoffs, and I didn't have my **** together well enough to nail the layoff diet. Oh well, the conference was informative, and I got to know my new colleagues for next year.

Leg Press
    180x12
    270x9
    360x4
    450x20 (RP @ 13)

Swiss Ball Crunches

Vacuums
    3 sets for as long as possible (didnt' count)

Cardio
    Elliptical: 45 min

Nutrition
    Burned: 3407
    Consumed: TBD
    Deficit: TBD
    Ratio: TBD
    Hey Bud,

You are back in the gym now. I've often felt guilty from the absence, but benefited from it. So stay focused AND DON'T GET DOWN ON YOURSELF!!! (but put the ice cream down for the week. )
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

29. Yeah, I'm not taking that DL performance as a complete failure. I just need to ease back into it.

30. here Beo.. give Ubi a hug... I've been there... I had three weeks off recently due to some huge events in my life... and came back with a pitiful showing in the gym....

anyways, you can stop hugging now... getting weird.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lecheek MassHGH and Testodrol X9 log (insert clever title)
    By roblasane in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 09:26 AM
  2. JudoJosh -insert cool title here- (Havoc pulse log)
    By JudoJosh in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 07:24 AM
  3. Replies: 290
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 11:40 PM
  4. (Insert Witty Title Here) MMV2 Log
    By Dadof2 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 10:39 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 10:15 AM