Motiv8erjr's log... it makes Glen and Beelze look short!

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I am a newbie to DC training. I have outlined a schedule I am going to try and do starting today. I will attach it to this log, and if anyone has any suggestions it would be nice.

~Mk

Workout 1 Day 1
Chest Incline BBP
Shoulders Arnold's
Triceps Dips
Back Width Rack Chins to Front
Back Thickness Bent Over BB Rows

Workout 2 Day 2
Calves Calves on Leg Press
Quads Squats
Hams Seated Leg Curls
Biceps Barbell Curls
Forearms Barbell rolls

Day 3
DB flat press
FRT Shoulder Smith Press
Skull Crushers
Reverse Grip
Rock Rack Deads

Day 4
Leg press
Standing Calf Smith
Heel Press
Alt DB curls
Rest curls

EDIT: Glen sorry bout the name...

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Re: Motiv8erjr's log... it makes Glend and Beelze look short!

you're going to need a 5th and 6th day as well to complete the rotation. and i suggest keeping the order the same with bodyparts. if you're going to start with calves on day 2, do the same on day 4, or vice versa. just keep the order the same.

day 3, reverse grip what? and what's a 'rock' rack dead?

day 4, what's a heel press? rest curls?

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

My bad Beelze I wrote that out to quick. The rack is next to the climbing wall so I called them rock rack deads... Normally i just do deads, so I will be trying rack.. Reverse grip Chins. Heel press was me trying to figure out anoother way to hit my hams in this poor gym, there is no way to do GHR's or anything other than lying leg curls (on day two that should be lying leg curls) So I was going to use the leg press and put my heels at the very top to try and put more stress on the hammies. rest curls was my dislexic ass trying to say wrist curls :) Maybe finals week was not the time to start this log... but whatever I am gonna try it and i will post another 2 days on to the rotation..

~Mk

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

on your day 6 hams, try RDL's or SLDL's. those shouldn't be a problem. ;)

another good one you can rotate in there somewhere is good mornings. i'd look at it as a back thickness exercise, but it works hams damn well too. i would advise keeping full range deads out of the equation for now.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Do you have a lat tower? with bench and adjustable knee hold downs?

I was thinking of trying some ghr's on it tonight... by putting a 35 or 45 pound plate on the seat, then cover the plate with a floor mat. Adjust the knee hold downs, and slid my legs in there, kneel on the mat covered 45.. and use the lat bar behind the neck with selected weight to work as a counter balance to aid those that are not truely worthy of the real ghr. (YET :twisted: )

?

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

I was thinking of trying some ghr's on it tonight... by putting a 35 or 45 pound plate on the seat, then cover the plate with a floor mat. Adjust the knee hold downs, and slid my legs in there, kneel on the mat covered 45.. and use the lat bar behind the neck with selected weight to work as a counter balance to aid those that are not truely worthy of the real ghr. (YET :twisted: )

?

In actuallity I have been thinking of something along the same lines... Except I am going to have to take a picture of this lat tower... it is a pully contraption from hell... left over from a Richard Simmons weight day... BUt I am trying to figure out how to horn swaggle the motion....

PLUS this doesn't really matter and I am going home in a week and I will be able to use either the seated calf machine there or the lat tower there. ;) So I might just switch the Rack deads with good mornings on day 3 and hit the hammies on day six with rack deads... sound good Beelze?

~Mk

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

i'll have to see your complete workout to judge accordingly. if you're doing any dead movements too close together, **** will hit the fan. JMO. when you have it all worked out, throw it up and we'll see what's happening ;)

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

Same workout lay out

Day 1 : Incline BBP
Arnold's
Dips
Rack Chins to Front
Bent Over BB rows

Day 2 : Calves on Leg Press
Squats
Lying leg curls
Barbell Curls
Barbell rolls

Day 3 : DB flat press
FRT shoulder smith press
Skull Crushers
Reverse Grip chins
Good mornings

Day 4 : Standing Calf Smith/ Donkey calf
Leg Press
Rack Deads
Alt DB curls
Wrist curls

Day 5 : Decline DB press
BB shrugs supersetted with lateral raises ?
Close grip BB press
Lat Pull Down
Seated Rows

Day 6 : Seated calf Raises
Leg Ext.
GHR's ?
DB Preacher curls
Reverse grip one arm cable curls

Does that look better Beelze?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

much better. only thing i would look funny at is day 4. with rack deads, most guys have a tendency to go super heavy emphasing mostly back. i would replace them with RDL's (romanian dead lifts) as these place more emphasis on hams than rack deads do. JMO. rest looks pretty gravy. just keep an eye on everything to make sure it's all going the right direction as far as strength is concerned. if you notice any bodyparts not feeling recovered, adjust accordingly. at one point, i was doing RDL's, full range deads, and rack deads in my rotation all at the same time, and after about a month, my lower back was toasted.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

?
just a fyi, these are harder than regular ghrs, no footplate

good luck with your dc routine motiv8erjr, listen to beelze, he may know a thing or two. :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

just a fyi, these are harder than regular ghrs, no footplate

good luck with your dc routine motiv8erjr, listen to beelze, he may know a thing or two. :D
I've heard that Beelze lifts..:blink:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

at least once a month ;)

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

I hear Beelze likes muscle tech stuff.... gosh I wish I could afford nitro fuel injected protein.... :)

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
Alright first day of DC regime... I see why they call it DC... ;)

First I have not done any barbell presses since winter, so dont be too hard on my lanky ass :)

day 1 May 15-

Incline BBP:
15x85
12x115
10x135
15x165 with one rest pause at 11
60 second stretch with 35's

Arnold's (I have never done them... they were fun)
15x25's
12x25's
14x40's with one rest pause at 10
60 sec. stretch

Dips
12xBW (BW=240)
5xBW+10
7xBW+25
60 second stretch with 30 pounder

Front Wide grip rack chins
8xBW
6xBW+25
60 second stretch with 45 lbs.

Barbell rows
15x135
10x185
8x225
30 sec. stretch

20 minutes cardio

Yeah... so this kicked my ass. I am not going to try and move any weight up until I feel comfortable with all the stretches and weights that I have already used.

Tell me if I need to change anything guys... thanks!!

~Mk

glenihan

Awards
  • Established

just got a look at this .. looks good i agree with everything beelze said ... i didn't so though if you mentioned how this was spread out .. MWF? MTTF? etc.?

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
just got a look at this .. looks good i agree with everything beelze said ... i didn't so though if you mentioned how this was spread out .. MWF? MTTF? etc.?

Yessir, its MWF, weekends off... For now. I recover pretty quickly.... seenin how I is so young. But come summer. All I do is lift eat and sleep. ;) So I might just move to a MTThF if I start to see plateau's and if I think my body can handle it.

~Mk

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

much better. only thing i would look funny at is day 4. with rack deads, most guys have a tendency to go super heavy emphasing mostly back. i would replace them with RDL's (romanian dead lifts) as these place more emphasis on hams than rack deads do. JMO. rest looks pretty gravy. just keep an eye on everything to make sure it's all going the right direction as far as strength is concerned. if you notice any bodyparts not feeling recovered, adjust accordingly. at one point, i was doing RDL's, full range deads, and rack deads in my rotation all at the same time, and after about a month, my lower back was toasted.

With the RDL's do you recommend the one legged version or the two?

~Mk

glenihan

Awards
  • Established

you're young you could probably handle it .. just be careful and watch for signs of overtraining .. remember to take a week off every 6-8 weeks

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

workout looks great.

comment on your last post. if you start to plateau, DO NOT increase to m/t/t/f.

you'll get used to the stretches, give em time :D

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

With the RDL's do you recommend the one legged version or the two?

~Mk
is there a one legged version? that'd be some trippy sh!t.

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

workout looks great.

comment on your last post. if you start to plateau, DO NOT increase to m/t/t/f.

you'll get used to the stretches, give em time :D
Yessir:hammer: Just keep beatin it into me... :)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

you're young you could probably handle it .. just be careful and watch for signs of overtraining .. remember to take a week off every 6-8 weeks
muy importante. don't skip the time off or you'll pay severely.

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

is there a one legged version? that'd be some trippy sh!t.

As I remember being taught them in Olympic lifting class, they have two versions. Two leg and one leg. One leg you put a foot up on a bench or back like a lunge almost and lift the barbell in front of the forward knee.. but thats what i thought it was :)

~MK

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

never seen that, but it doesn't sound safe. lose balance and where do you go?

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

never seen that, but it doesn't sound safe. lose balance and where do you go?

With as heavy as you are doing them good point... If I remember we used the one legged versions as balance work for locking out on our Olympic lifts :D

~Mk

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

might be good for some variation, but i'll stick to mine as long as they work. plenty of two legged exercises out there, lol.

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

Alright boys. I had a question. Do any of you have a video or picture of a proper heavy good morning? I know how we did them light. I just want to make sure I have the right form and idea of what to do with them :) Thanks

~Mk

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

CLASS is out, and I have two finals left... and a **** load of packing. Lift went well today. I didn't hit it too hard, because my arms/ particularly my biceps were still sore after the bent over rows.

5/17-

Leg Press Calves DC style
15x185
10x275
10x545

Squats (I broke my left knee when I was 16, has surgery a year later. I have to be careful of the weight I use.)
15x135
10x185
15x225 with a rest after 14. PR :D (Thats the heaviest I have let myself go this year and at those reps. In past workouts I normall have 2-3 more exercises for Quads, and its normally on the second to third exercise that my knee starts to pinch/hurt. I LIKE how DC training allows me to blow up my quads and not hurt that knee!)

Lying Leg Curls:
15x115
15x160
16x200 PR:D

Barbell Curls:
15x65
10x65
8x85
*Like I said my biceps were still pretty burnt from the monday back workout. Just gotta get in the swing of it :)

Forarm Barbell rolls:
20x135
20x135

All and all I felt pretty good today. I like how this program treats my knee. I think if I start going over 225 I am going to start wrapping my knees just to keep the left one from sh!ttin itself.

~Mk

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

ain't dem PR's purty? :D

awesome job brutha. and welcome back to squats ;) 225 x 15 ain't no joke.

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

Thanks Beeze :)

This morning I feel pretty good. I can tell my quads will become sorer as the day goes on. My hammies is burning from the 200lbs :):)

I had a question though. At what weight to you advocate using wraps for the knees? I have a cheap pair of TKO's that I got through working at GNC. But they are a little short for my legs. I was just wondering? Because I am gonna try and get a PR on my leg press monday and I know I'll want to use them on a set of 800-900 lbs.

Thanks!

~Mk

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

i generally don't wrap until the last set. but as my weights get higher, wraps may be needed earlier. look at them as preventive maintenance to protect your knees, and don't focus too much on if they're taking away from the lift. they do help some, i would be lying to say otherwise but it's nothing extraordinary. if you're planning to hit 900 on monday, i would say :
rack x 20
200 x 10
400 x 3
700 x 3
add wraps
900 x max

also, placing your feet up higher on the leg press takes pressure off the knee joint as well and puts more emphasis on glutes/hams. since i started utilizing this method, my squat has improved bigtime.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

How high Beelze?..I have usually been pressing basically in the center..Like toes off the edge kind of thing?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

our leg press has that divet (bend) in the middle and i place the bottom tip of my shoe on that, toes peaking over the top. i have a wide stance on these as well, feet are about 1" from the edge. it feels damn near identical to the bottom part of the squat, if you're sitting back far enough that is.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yeah, I could see how that would hit your ham/glutes way more than a conventional stance. With regular spacing I only feel it a little bit in the outer quad..Thanks B!..Hijack over.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

;)

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

Mullet hijack all you want! I normally do my leg presses with two different stances. Cuz I have four foot long legs I tend to put my heels up on the tope with a wide stance, leaving my toes hanging off... sounds a lot like what Beelzebub was describing, or I take a really narrow stance with my heels stuck out to hit a different sweep. The first is easier on my knees, and sense I want more power.... sounds like a bet :) Thanks Beelze :twisted:

~Mk

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

you could also get in a deadlift stance, helps you off the floor

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established

Good workout today :)

DB Flat press:
15x45's
10x75's
15x75's

Front shoulder smith press:
20x95
10x105
15x135 with a rest pause after 12

Seated over head DB ext (I had skull crushers... these are easier on my elbows)

15x50
6x75
12x100

Reverse Grip Pull Ups
5xBW
6xBW
6xBW with a spot on the 6th and a LONG negative

Good Mornings (Thanks Beeze these are FUN~!!!)
15x65 (just gettin a feel)
15x75 (Got bored)
15x135 (Started havin fun)
18x145 (Hovered over the trash can when I got done ;)) THAT was FUN!

20 minutes of cardio

Good day boys, have a nice weekend and behave! I have my last final on Saturday morning!

Peace
~Mk

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
that d, bugged me everytime I saw it, so i fixed it

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
good looking workout. glad you liked the GM's brutha. ;)

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
Thanks J... It kinda embarassed me :blink: just cuz I was trying to be the little **** and messed it up. :)

thanks

~Mk

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I have a question for you boys. what type of shoe do you recommend to lift in? I have been lifting in a pair of running shoes, but you throw my 240 lbs body on a pair of running shoes for more than 6 months they die, throw in some lifting of 2-3 hundred lbs on my own BW and these shoes ain't lasting. I just want some of the Pl'ers ideas on what foot wear will last longer than 4-6 months for lifting?

I used to do Olympic lifting in a pair of adidas lifting shoes, but i can no longer find them online. I hear wrestling shoes make good lifting shoes, but if you drop something on your foot your f!cked and in a gym full of young hot heads I want my feet protected. SO I was looking into something like the inzer pillar, but I dont know how the arch support or anything like that is in these shoes, so if you have some insight please share :)

~mk

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I was always doing Good Mornings so my back was parallel, no wonder they were always ridiculously hard. I agree with Guy on doing leg press in the deadlift stance, for me it helped a lot, somehow made my squats go up too. Also how tight do you guys go on the wraps because I made mine super tight the other day and my lower legs turned purple during my set.

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I was always doing Good Mornings so my back was parallel, no wonder they were always ridiculously hard. I agree with Guy on doing leg press in the deadlift stance, for me it helped a lot, somehow made my squats go up too. Also how tight do you guys go on the wraps because I made mine super tight the other day and my lower legs turned purple during my set.

Which sounds like you might have had them TOO tight :) I know when I have wrapped mine in the past I made sure blood could flow. Plus did you put the wraps on and leave them on? Because the couple of times I have gone heavy enough to use wraps 3x350 squats and 10x800 leg press, I put them on right before my set, and then strip'um off really quickly. Then if you do another set put'um back on. Other than that Beelze or Guy might have more of clue, I tend to have to wrap mine pretty tight to make them fit my legs. I got big knees :)/ slash big body, so mine are never long enough for the job.

sorry i cant be more helpful ktw

~Mk

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
this is what i use:
squatting-all black chucks(got for $40ish off chucksconnection.com)
deadlift-asics wrestling shoes(got for $20 off eastbay)
bench-whatever running shoes i'm wearing that day

you can also get those adidas oly shoes at:
http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/products/shoesFR.html

Guy or Beelze or whoever, if I told you I have really high arches and it puts my achilles and hamstrings at risk of injury if I dont have the right heel and arch support, would you recommend the adidas, or just some wrestling shooes?

~mk

ktw

Awards
  • Established
I only wrap before sets, I did 365 a lot looser, so i dunno. i saw a video on teamsniffy.com and he emphasized tightening after every half rap, oh well, still managed to do 275x15 on the set so I'm not too bummed. Big guy, big knees huh? Sounds like we're in the same boat, im 6 2" and have huge knees and thighs. What's your weight? I'm 205 but am planning on cutting to 190 and be able to hit the 2x bodyweight mark on a regular basis.

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
I am 6'6" and 243 as of this morning. But I am only 19 years old, and still growing. :) I have stopped dreaming of hitting lifts in comparison to body weight till I am at least in my twenties. Because every time I come close to reaching a lift at my body weight or times it, my BW increases too.... :) or my height. But yeah, I got me some big ugly knees :)

~MK

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Yah I'm only 20, just started lifting correctly in September, not really trying to do much but get bigger and I went from 156 to a top 206 the other day. Time to get rid of some of that fat I accumulated in the meantime. How wide do you go on bench and deads?