Glen's training log (better than beelze's) - AnabolicMinds.com

Glen's training log (better than beelze's)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    Glen's training log (better than beelze's)


    ok so here's the workout:

    i hit each body part 3 times every 11 days

    my workout program looks like this

    (i use explosive positives and 2-4 second negatives for everything except deads and squats for obvious reasons)

    workout A
    each body part gets 2 warm up sets then 3 working sets of 8-12, 6-8, and 4-6 reps with 2-3 minutes between sets


    chest - either incline hammer strength or flat db press
    back thickness - deadlifts, rack deads, or bb rows
    back width - reverse grip close grip pulldowns or wide grip pull ups
    shoulders - hammer strength machine or db presses
    tris - skulls or close grip bench

    workout B
    bis - straight bar curls or preacher curls same sets as "A"
    quads - squats or hack squats lots of warm ups and 2 sets of 10-12
    hams - SLDL or glute/ham raises same sets as "A"
    calves - still trying to find something that works haha

    i train monday wed and fri and alternate workouts A and B

    i go to failure on every working set and every 5-6 weeks i take an entire week off to let my body recoup


    it should be noted that i've begun a mild cut .. this basically means that during the week i will be eating extremely cleanly and at a mild deficeit .. the reason for this is i'm going on vaca to puerto rico in about 6 weeks and i want to drop a little fat

    i'm not going to post my diet because i've based it off the cutting plan i got from bobo last year and while its slightly different i don't want to give away any of his info .. just trust me i know what i'm doing when it comes to diet

    as for cardio .. well considering i only did it about 20 times in 19 weeks while prepping for my last show i can't imagine it will play a major role in this mild cut .. but if i do it i'll mention it

    finally, i'm coming off of a 3 month stint with westside .. it will take me a little bit to get my stamina back up with higher reps so keep that in mind

  2. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    4/10 started with workout B (note this is my first workout back with this training style and will take a bit to refigure out what weights to use and get my stamina back)

    i do 2-3 warm up sets per BP but i'm not gonna bore you guys by writing them out

    bis - straight bar curls
    115 - 10
    125 - 7
    125 - 4

    quads - squats (below parallel)
    315 - 12
    365 - 7

    hams - SLDL
    225 - 6
    315 - 8
    335 - 8

    calves (as if it matters) - seated raises
    3 plates - 15, 12, 12


    this workout today kicked my ass .. i was totally destroyed by the end of it .. i haven't done higher reps with heavy weight in a while and man did i feel it
    Last edited by glenihan; 04-10-2006 at 02:40 PM.
  3. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    Reputation

    cute workout
    •   
       

  4. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2554

    Reputation

    WOW! This really is better then Beelz's!!!!!!!

    Beelz
  5. Board Supporter
    ivydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    236

    Reputation

    whoa whoa...this is in the powerlifting/strongman forum??? haha
  6. Professional Member
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2186

    Reputation

    What would you say your main goal with this cycle is? I see your training for myofibular hypertrophy but cals are in deficit. Just curious to hear what you expect to see.
  7. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    ivy - just wanted to be sure it was in the same forum as beelze's so everyone could see how much better mine is

    jminis - i used a very very similiar program the last 8 or so weeks before my show when i was in a much greater deficiet and i was happy with the results .. i really love this workout as its quick and fun and i've used it both on bulks and cuts and gotten great results both ways

    is this the "optimal" routine for a cut .. i have no idea .. but i definitely love it
  8. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    ivy - just wanted to be sure it was in the same forum as beelze's so everyone could see how much better mine is

    jminis - i used a very very similiar program the last 8 or so weeks before my show when i was in a much greater deficiet and i was happy with the results .. i really love this workout as its quick and fun and i've used it both on bulks and cuts and gotten great results both ways

    is this the "optimal" routine for a cut .. i have no idea .. but i definitely love it
    screw it, you're pretty in-tune with your body, i'm sure you'll know if it needs tweaking. workout does look pretty straight and to the point though. similar to mine somewhat, hitting a bodypart 3 times in 11 days, i think mine is 10 or something. oh, little tip that you may or may not care about. when i was combining SLDL's, regular deads, and rack deads in my schedule, my lower back became overfried very quickly. just something to think about, maybe drop the rack deads and replace with cable rows or something. if not, just keep an eye out for any lower back pain, that's a whole lot of deading.
  9. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    that's a great point about the deading beelze .. i'll take it as it comes and if a type of dead is up and i feel like my lower back is too overworked i'll replace it with something else
  10. Professional Member
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2186

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    ivy - just wanted to be sure it was in the same forum as beelze's so everyone could see how much better mine is

    jminis - i used a very very similiar program the last 8 or so weeks before my show when i was in a much greater deficiet and i was happy with the results .. i really love this workout as its quick and fun and i've used it both on bulks and cuts and gotten great results both ways

    is this the "optimal" routine for a cut .. i have no idea .. but i definitely love it

    Sounds good Glen, I'm thinking IGF would be great to run with a program like that when bulking while adding in a set or two for each exercise. Hmmmm
  11. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,708
    Rep Power
    950993

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    each body part gets 2 warm up sets then 3 working sets of 8-12, 6-8, and 4-6 reps with 2-3 minutes between sets
    I know I have asked you this before. I have tried this type of workout now for the last several weeks. Finding the working set weight is a challenge. I thought your weights were static for all three sets. It seems that for me a 2-3 min rest is enough time for me to recover to do all three sets at the initial 8-12 reps. Are you adding weight to each set to keep the rep count dropping accordingly? Wasn't your earlier plan with a 60-90 sec rest? Not looking to be a hassel. It is just that it is a stretch for me to use so little volume and want to be sure I am not just going through the motions. Thanks.
  12. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    26293

    Reputation

    Glen,
    To qute LAKE MOUNTD
    haha

    On that note, great title lil fella.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  13. ktw
    ktw is offline
    Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    431

    Reputation

    I guess I might be crazy but I train every muscle except for hams and lower back 4 times in 7 days, but i alter rep ranges and always stay 1 to 2 reps shy of concentric failure, your program now has me thinking this might be too frequent.
  14. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    I know I have asked you this before. I have tried this type of workout now for the last several weeks. Finding the working set weight is a challenge. I thought your weights were static for all three sets. It seems that for me a 2-3 min rest is enough time for me to recover to do all three sets at the initial 8-12 reps. Are you adding weight to each set to keep the rep count dropping accordingly? Wasn't your earlier plan with a 60-90 sec rest? Not looking to be a hassel. It is just that it is a stretch for me to use so little volume and want to be sure I am not just going through the motions. Thanks.

    that was what i had been doing prior to westside training .. this time around im just varying it up and increasing the rest time .. and yes, this way i DO increase the reps as if i use the same weight i wouldn't be in my prescribed rep range

    and KTW .. that really does sound like an INSANELY high level of frequency
  15. ktw
    ktw is offline
    Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    431

    Reputation

    Yah, I'm trying a Waterbury high frequency program with some Westside twists, it's fairly detailed in my log
  16. Registered User
    spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    596

    Reputation

    I noticed you had close grip reverse grip pull downs under "back width." Most people use this to hit lower/mid back
  17. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    I noticed you had close grip reverse grip pull downs under "back width." Most people use this to hit lower/mid back
    you fail to understand that because of glen's height, his back is only about 8" from top to bottom. sure, he's 6' around but at that height, every back exercise works everything equally.
  18. ktw
    ktw is offline
    Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    431

    Reputation

    is the dude in your info serious beezle?
  19. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    is the dude in your info serious beezle?
    lol, no, far from. he's a very accomplished 308lbs PL'er that likes to poke fun at BB'ing, hence all the senseless jargon thrown in haphazardly. he just likes to lift heavy, and he's damn good at it.
  20. ktw
    ktw is offline
    Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    431

    Reputation

    just checking, he seriously sounds like kids i see at my gym
  21. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    just checking, he seriously sounds like kids i see at my gym
    and that was the intent
  22. ktw
    ktw is offline
    Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    431

    Reputation

    "Dude, Bro, you didn't load your Celltech right, now you can't go to failure and train hard man. Do you wanna get chicks on spring break or no man? You gotta get serious brah and totally get your carb/creatine ratio on point with your riboflavin serum levels."
  23. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    Reputation

    lol
  24. Board Supporter
    guyfromkop2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    936
    Rep Power
    579

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    lol, no, far from. he's a very accomplished 308lbs PL'er that likes to poke fun at BB'ing, hence all the senseless jargon thrown in haphazardly. he just likes to lift heavy, and he's damn good at it.
    actually he's down to about 284 now, going to compete in the 275s. and he's the guy who trains me

    and beelze, i died laughing when i saw that in your sig
  25. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,708
    Rep Power
    950993

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    I know I have asked you this before. I have tried this type of workout now for the last several weeks. Finding the working set weight is a challenge. I thought your weights were static for all three sets. It seems that for me a 2-3 min rest is enough time for me to recover to do all three sets at the initial 8-12 reps. Are you adding weight to each set to keep the rep count dropping accordingly? Wasn't your earlier plan with a 60-90 sec rest? Not looking to be a hassel. It is just that it is a stretch for me to use so little volume and want to be sure I am not just going through the motions. Thanks.

    that was what i had been doing prior to westside training .. this time around im just varying it up and increasing the rest time .. and yes, this way i DO increase the reps as if i use the same weight i wouldn't be in my prescribed rep range
    So you are saying you DO ADD weight to drop the reps down for each set? Or are you saying you don't add weight?
  26. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    ahhh i'm a jackass that can't type .. i DO INCREASE the WEIGHT so i can hit the reps i want
  27. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    actually he's down to about 284 now, going to compete in the 275s. and he's the guy who trains me

    and beelze, i died laughing when i saw that in your sig
    it's on his training log on MMI, in response to SB.
  28. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    I noticed you had close grip reverse grip pull downs under "back width." Most people use this to hit lower/mid back

    try this with a reverse grip about shoulder width and focus on pulling with your lats .. it ABSOLUTELY KILLS my lats .. definitely my favorite lat exercise
  29. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    Sounds good Glen, I'm thinking IGF would be great to run with a program like that when bulking while adding in a set or two for each exercise. Hmmmm
    if someone wants to send me some IGF i will GLADLY test this out
  30. Board Supporter
    ivydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    236

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    ivy - just wanted to be sure it was in the same forum as beelze's so everyone could see how much better mine is
    Haha...and to think I thought you were trading in the banana hammock for some carharts.
  31. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    banana hammocks are a way of life!

    see you in half an hour
  32. Board Supporter
    Poobah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,027
    Rep Power
    636

    Reputation

    Glen.. Long time no chat.

    i just wanted you to know that I've been reading your Better then beelze's training log.

    Can't comment on who's actually better though, it's to close to call... If I had to make a choice, I'd have to say my log is best

  33. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    4/12

    DB bench press
    105's - 10
    115's - 8
    120's - 6 (duct tape maybe in order)

    BB rows
    225 - 10
    245 - 8
    255 - 7

    close, reverse grip pull downs
    200 - 10
    210 - 8
    220 - 6

    skullcrushers
    115 - 10
    125 - 6
    130 - 5

    hammer strength military press
    2 plates - 10
    2 plates + 15 - 7
    2 plates + 25 - 4

    this was a great workout today .. i hit the upper rep range for almost every set (although i was really dying by the time i reached shoulders .. ivydude smoked me on those) .. but i'm very happy with how today went
  34. Advanced Member
    meowmeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    385

    Reputation

    Question


    Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    ...

    i hit each body part 3 times every 11 days
    Actually if you are working out MWF only you are hitting each body part 3 times every 14 days.

    If you don't take weekends off and go every other day, M, W, F, Su, T, Tr, Sa... then you'll be hitting each body part 3 times every 11 days.
  35. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    Actually if you are working out MWF only you are hitting each body part 3 times every 14 days.

    If you don't take weekends off and go every other day, M, W, F, Su, T, Tr, Sa... then you'll be hitting each body part 3 times every 11 days.
    you're absolutely right
  36. Board Supporter
    ivydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    236

    Reputation

    Thank god no biceps today...Didn't feel the need to get shown up ridiculously with how I was feeling.
  37. Advanced Member
    meowmeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    385

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    you're absolutely right
    Actually I just started your routine for a bulking cycle while "on" but I am working out every other day so I hit each body part 3 times every 11 days.
  38. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    4/12

    DB bench press
    105's - 10
    115's - 8
    120's - 6 (duct tape maybe in order)

    BB rows
    225 - 10
    245 - 8
    255 - 7

    close, reverse grip pull downs
    200 - 10
    210 - 8
    220 - 6

    skullcrushers
    115 - 10
    125 - 6
    130 - 5

    hammer strength military press
    2 plates - 10
    2 plates + 15 - 7
    2 plates + 25 - 4

    this was a great workout today .. i hit the upper rep range for almost every set (although i was really dying by the time i reached shoulders .. ivydude smoked me on those) .. but i'm very happy with how today went
    that's a gay ass workout right there

    those skull crushers are impressive, they absolutely tear my elbows to pieces.
  39. Professional Member
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2186

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    if someone wants to send me some IGF i will GLADLY test this out
    I wouldn't want to impose I guess I'll have to try this out myself
  40. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    those skull crushers are impressive, they absolutely tear my elbows to pieces.
    oh they KILL my elbows but actually hurt the same with a warm up as it does with the heaviest weight i use
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 265
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 08:53 AM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 07:30 AM
  3. Beelze training log
    By Beelzebub in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2315
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 08:45 PM
  4. UHCougar05's Training Log: I make Glen look tall
    By UHCougar05 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 12:33 AM
  5. Dione better than Diol?!?!
    By u4ik_rage in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in