Glen's training log (better than beelze's)

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. I thought I was the only one with the elbow problem, why does that painful pinching occur? Hey Glen, by reverse grip do you mean palms facing towards or away from your body.


  2. palms facing towards

  3. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    oh they KILL my elbows but actually hurt the same with a warm up as it does with the heaviest weight i use
    same here, so i took em out for good. i couldn't even feel the muscle working anymore on em. i just felt intense elbow pain, figured that can't be good. smith CG's, tate presses, and straight bar pressdowns are my repetoire for now. skull crushers can suck my left one.
    •   
       


  4. Hey Glen, just out of curiosity, what made you decide to increase rest and subsequent weight? One of the things I really like about this workout (esp while cutting) is how it keeps my heartrate up since I am spending more time under tension than resting.


    I just want to add for anyone skeptical of the effectiveness of this style workout: you gotta try it before discounting it. I wish I would have started this ages ago. By going 2 days on and one day off I am hitting every bodypart 3x in 8 days and only spending 45 minutes on each workout.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  5. just decided to change it up a bit .. no real reason

  6. That's profound.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  7. Just wondering, does anyone use this type of training while off cycle and if so, how is recovery and results? I'm scared of going towards failure from all my readings of waterbury etc., but it seems like an interesting way to train.

  8. yes i used if for 4-5 months while off .. the results obviously weren't as great but i never had a problem with recovery ..did basically the same thing and took a week break every 8 weeks ... my favorite way to train regardless

  9. So in other words there were results while off, just slowed due to the absence of AAS? As you know I've been trying to create my own routine for some time and I tried the high frequency this week but it absolutely burned me out so this is on my list of options.

  10. exactly and the results off were the best results i had while off as compared to other training routines .. of course diet plays a very large role in that

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    those skull crushers are impressive, they absolutely tear my elbows to pieces.
    Have you ever tried them on an incline bench?

  12. done them on an incline, flat, on the floor, and on a decline ... kills my elbows regardless

  13. What the fook, I don't know how I didn't see this before...Anyway, good to see you are keeping a log, but I think Beezle has you beat until you start putting perty smilies in here...

  14. Same, I feel my elbows pop and crackle when I use 125's on skulls. I haven't tried Beez's tate presses because they look so damn gay...

    I may rethink my tentativeness about trying hybrid DC after PCT.. I'm not keeping a log though, 'cause I'll be doing it natty. summab1tch!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    Have you ever tried them on an incline bench?
    yeah, still hurt and on decline. not concerned about it, i don't think they're that great of an exercise. but if i could do it without pain, i would. arm development isn't exactly my weak point at the moment anyway.

  16. everyone i know that does or had done skull crushers say they hurt the elbows bad, and there is so many other excersizes out there.

    plus how many big time benchers do you see skull crushers in their routines?

  17. Try it lying down on flat with one arm and DB's, held with hammer grip bring it right down next to your ear. You hold your elbow slightly back with opposite arm and extend.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

  18. yeah, the neutral grip is easier on the elbows, agreed.

    Gleprechaunihan, I agree closer grip pulldowns,(or chins) focused and strict, to the chin level are latsearers.. Charles Glass showed how much a little variance in form, even hip placement, can change the effectiveness of a simple back movement.. I was sold.

    Then again, Beez's referral to Rack Chins had me blown away. There are so many good ways to train the back.. and in my case I need them all.. it's my lagging part as of now.

  19. Just started your routine glen, I really like it so far. I really feel like i can recover quite well between workouts training this way. I got a quick question for all you experienced lifters on this thread (because i noticed there are so many!) but I am still pretty much natural, the only thing I have used b4 that is hormonal is prostan, and god knows that is a very weak chemical but I still got some good results with it. My question to you guys is are people almost in a sense "capped" with how far their muscle growth can grow simply because there hormones simply dont let them get too big? My diets in order and when my training is going well, I feel like I get results (ever so slowly) and sometimes I feel like I take a step back every once in a while, then forward, and back, but then get myself back to about where I was hovering around 190-200 depending on whether or not i am looking to be defined or bulking. I hope this question makes sense. Like is the only way to truly put on size is with AAS? Or have i just not found my nitch yet for what works for me?

  20. how old are you and how many years have you been training .. what's your bf % around

  21. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21
    Try it lying down on flat with one arm and DB's, held with hammer grip bring it right down next to your ear. You hold your elbow slightly back with opposite arm and extend.
    I use that hammer grip curl bar (whateverchamacallit) for my skulls and it alleviates the elbow pain for me.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Hbs6
    Just started your routine glen, I really like it so far. I really feel like i can recover quite well between workouts training this way. I got a quick question for all you experienced lifters on this thread (because i noticed there are so many!) but I am still pretty much natural, the only thing I have used b4 that is hormonal is prostan, and god knows that is a very weak chemical but I still got some good results with it. My question to you guys is are people almost in a sense "capped" with how far their muscle growth can grow simply because there hormones simply dont let them get too big? My diets in order and when my training is going well, I feel like I get results (ever so slowly) and sometimes I feel like I take a step back every once in a while, then forward, and back, but then get myself back to about where I was hovering around 190-200 depending on whether or not i am looking to be defined or bulking. I hope this question makes sense. Like is the only way to truly put on size is with AAS? Or have i just not found my nitch yet for what works for me?
    diet in order??? post it. 11 times out of 10, that's where the problem lies.

  23. What worked well for me (natural ecto) was eating a ****load of food, lifting on a decent program and resting a lot. Since September I have gained nearly 50 lbs naturally. I drop and gain weight super fast, but even just eating maintanance on off weeks, I keep everything fairly well. If you can't accomplish some sort of homeostasis like this, I'm guessing your diet is not in order somewhere. Sometimes I notice people try to be too picky and try to worry about little things rather than just getting a ****load of food at the right macro ratio into their body.

  24. (This is for you Beelz...)

    Hi Glen,


    I wish I was little bit taller,
    I wish I was a baller,
    I wish I had a girl who looked good
    I would call her
    I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
    and a six four Impala

    I wish I was like six-foot-nine
    So I can get with Leoshi
    Cause she don't know me but yo she's really fine
    You know I see her all the time
    Everywhere I go, and even in my dreams
    I can scheme a way to make her mine
    Cause I know she's livin phat
    Her boyfriend's tall and he plays ball
    So how am I gonna compete with that
    'Cause when it comes to playing basketball
    I'm always last to be picked
    And in some cases never picked at all
    So I just lean up on the wall
    Or sit up in the bleachers with the rest of the girls
    Who came to watch their men ball
    Dag y'all! I never understood, black
    Why the jocks get the fly girls
    And me I get the hood rats
    I tell 'em scat, skittle, scabobble
    Got hit with a bottle
    And I been in the hospital
    For talkin' that mess
    I confess it's a shame when you livin' in a city
    That's the size of a box and nobody knows yo' name
    Glad I came to my senses
    Like quick-quick got sick-sick to my stomach
    Overcommeth by the thoughts of me and her together
    Right?
    So when I asked her out she said I wasn't her type
    (Chorus)

    I wish I had a brand-new car
    So far, I got this hatchback
    And everywhere I go, yo I gets laughed at
    And when I'm in my car I'm laid back
    I got an 8-track and a spare tire in the backseat
    But that's flat
    And do you really wanna know what's really whack
    See I can't even get a date
    So, what do you think of that?
    I heard that prom night is a bomb night
    With the hood rats you can hold tight
    But really tho' I 'm a figaro
    When I'm in my car I can't even get a hello
    Well so many people wanna cruise Crenshaw on Sunday
    Well then I'ma have to get in my car and go
    You know I take the 110 until the 105
    Get off at Crenshaw tell my homies look alive
    Cause it's hard to survive when your livin'
    In a concrete jungle and
    These girls just keep passin' me by
    She looks fly, she looks fly
    Makes me say my, my, my
    (Chorus)

    I wish I was a little bit taller...
    I wish I was a baller...
    I wish I was a little bit taller y'all
    I wish I was a baller

    Hey, I wish I had my way
    'Cause everyday would be a Friday
    You could even speed on the highway
    I would play ghetto games
    Name my kids ghetto names
    Little Mookie, big Al, Lorraine
    Yo you know that's on the real
    So if you're down on your luck
    Then you should notice how I feel
    Cause if you don't want me around
    See I go simple, I go easy, I go greyhound
    Hey, you , what's that sound?
    Everybody look what's going down
    Ahhhh, yes, ain't that fresh?
    Everybody wants to get down like dat
    (Chorus)

    I wish, I wish, I wish...

  25. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    how old are you and how many years have you been training .. what's your bf % around
    my bf right now is about 17-18% while bulking for a sport i play i simply just ate too much, right now i am trying to slim down to like 10-12 for the summer, keeping my weight between like 190-195, thats the best I have ever got to, like 190-195 and 11% bf.

  26. i'm gonna ask HBS6 that you post your diet, your age, and how long you've been training for in a different thread .. we'd all love to help out i'd just rather not have this thread all cluttered up .. no offense at all seriously

  27. 4/14

    i had to lift ass early this morning as i'm going out of town in a few hours .. i had one meal in me and was tired as balls as i'm not used to lifting this early

    quads - i go to two different gyms and the one i went to today is much closer but aside from a power cage and leg ext doesn't offer much for quads, but they have this quasi-hack squat machine that i used

    8 plates per side - 25
    9 plates per side (max it can hold) - 17

    hams - couldn't do GHR at this gym
    lying leg curls (weight is the number that is listed on the plate no idea what i translates to)
    14 - 10
    15 - 8
    16 - 4

    calves - seated raises
    3 plates - 15, 12, 12

    bis - db preachers
    50's - 10 (per arm)
    55's - 7 (per arm)
    60's - 2 (per arm) (the wheels kinda feel off there lol)

  28. ok glen sorry about that, I will as soon as I get some time.

  29. no need to apologize man its all good

    oh and jmh .. i hate you



  30. Do you realize how much work it was to dig up the lyrics to that song?!?!?!

    Come on bruh!

    That was a seriously good post. I don't think you realize how hard is to find that song.
    I haven't heard it in like 12 years or something.

    BTW - you got PM about training...

  31. took me 3 seconds to find the lyrics .. just went to yahoo and typed in skee lo lyrics

    http://www.lyricshead.com/lyrics/ske...sh-lyrics.html

  32. Oh. Well, you are more internet saavy than I.

    I'm an old fart.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    4/14

    i had to lift ass early this morning as i'm going out of town in a few hours .. i had one meal in me and was tired as balls as i'm not used to lifting this early

    quads - i go to two different gyms and the one i went to today is much closer but aside from a power cage and leg ext doesn't offer much for quads, but they have this quasi-hack squat machine that i used

    8 plates per side - 25
    9 plates per side (max it can hold) - 17

    hams - couldn't do GHR at this gym
    lying leg curls (weight is the number that is listed on the plate no idea what i translates to)
    14 - 10
    15 - 8
    16 - 4

    calves - seated raises
    3 plates - 15, 12, 12

    bis - db preachers
    50's - 10 (per arm)
    55's - 7 (per arm)
    60's - 2 (per arm) (the wheels kinda feel off there lol)
    9 plates (810)x 17 ??? badass.

  34. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutri...tml#post506501

    Ok guys, help me get outa my rut!

    edit: forgot to say I have been training seriously for almost 3 years now.

  35. get your own damn thread Hbs6.

    This is dedicated to the wily leprechaun known as Glenihan McGillicuddy.

  36. lol my bad

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    get your own damn thread Hbs6.

    This is dedicated to the wily leprechaun known as Glenihan McGillicuddy.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    9 plates (810)x 17 ??? badass.
    i can say for certain that the machine makes it much easier than it otherwise would be .. i wish i knew of a better way to describe it

  39. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    i can say for certain that the machine makes it much easier than it otherwise would be .. i wish i knew of a better way to describe it
    take a picture of it bro.. 8-9 plates a side on any Hack-squat movement is pretty crazy. You are BAD!

  40. Did you ever think about pyramiding up instead of down, like doing high weight/low reps for your first set and ending with light weight/high reps?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 265
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 09:53 AM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 08:30 AM
  3. Beelze training log
    By Beelzebub in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2315
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
  4. UHCougar05's Training Log: I make Glen look tall
    By UHCougar05 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 01:33 AM
  5. Dione better than Diol?!?!
    By u4ik_rage in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Log in
Log in