Glen's training log (better than beelze's)

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

1. banana hammocks are a way of life!

see you in half an hour

2. Glen.. Long time no chat.

i just wanted you to know that I've been reading your Better then beelze's training log.

Can't comment on who's actually better though, it's to close to call... If I had to make a choice, I'd have to say my log is best

•   

3. 4/12

DB bench press
    105's - 10
    115's - 8
    120's - 6 (duct tape maybe in order)

BB rows
    225 - 10
    245 - 8
    255 - 7

close, reverse grip pull downs
    200 - 10
    210 - 8
    220 - 6

skullcrushers
    115 - 10
    125 - 6
    130 - 5

hammer strength military press
    2 plates - 10
    2 plates + 15 - 7
    2 plates + 25 - 4

this was a great workout today .. i hit the upper rep range for almost every set (although i was really dying by the time i reached shoulders .. ivydude smoked me on those) .. but i'm very happy with how today went
  4. Question

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan

i hit each body part 3 times every 11 days
    Actually if you are working out MWF only you are hitting each body part 3 times every 14 days.

If you don't take weekends off and go every other day, M, W, F, Su, T, Tr, Sa... then you'll be hitting each body part 3 times every 11 days.

5. Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    Actually if you are working out MWF only you are hitting each body part 3 times every 14 days.

If you don't take weekends off and go every other day, M, W, F, Su, T, Tr, Sa... then you'll be hitting each body part 3 times every 11 days.
    you're absolutely right
    •   

6. Thank god no biceps today...Didn't feel the need to get shown up ridiculously with how I was feeling.

7. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    you're absolutely right
    Actually I just started your routine for a bulking cycle while "on" but I am working out every other day so I hit each body part 3 times every 11 days.

8. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    4/12

DB bench press
    105's - 10
    115's - 8
    120's - 6 (duct tape maybe in order)

BB rows
    225 - 10
    245 - 8
    255 - 7

close, reverse grip pull downs
    200 - 10
    210 - 8
    220 - 6

skullcrushers
    115 - 10
    125 - 6
    130 - 5

hammer strength military press
    2 plates - 10
    2 plates + 15 - 7
    2 plates + 25 - 4

this was a great workout today .. i hit the upper rep range for almost every set (although i was really dying by the time i reached shoulders .. ivydude smoked me on those) .. but i'm very happy with how today went
    that's a gay ass workout right there

those skull crushers are impressive, they absolutely tear my elbows to pieces.

9. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    if someone wants to send me some IGF i will GLADLY test this out
    I wouldn't want to impose I guess I'll have to try this out myself

10. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    oh they KILL my elbows but actually hurt the same with a warm up as it does with the heaviest weight i use

11. I thought I was the only one with the elbow problem, why does that painful pinching occur? Hey Glen, by reverse grip do you mean palms facing towards or away from your body.

12. palms facing towards

13. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    oh they KILL my elbows but actually hurt the same with a warm up as it does with the heaviest weight i use
    same here, so i took em out for good. i couldn't even feel the muscle working anymore on em. i just felt intense elbow pain, figured that can't be good. smith CG's, tate presses, and straight bar pressdowns are my repetoire for now. skull crushers can suck my left one.

14. Hey Glen, just out of curiosity, what made you decide to increase rest and subsequent weight? One of the things I really like about this workout (esp while cutting) is how it keeps my heartrate up since I am spending more time under tension than resting.

I just want to add for anyone skeptical of the effectiveness of this style workout: you gotta try it before discounting it. I wish I would have started this ages ago. By going 2 days on and one day off I am hitting every bodypart 3x in 8 days and only spending 45 minutes on each workout.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

15. just decided to change it up a bit .. no real reason

16. That's profound.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

17. Just wondering, does anyone use this type of training while off cycle and if so, how is recovery and results? I'm scared of going towards failure from all my readings of waterbury etc., but it seems like an interesting way to train.

18. yes i used if for 4-5 months while off .. the results obviously weren't as great but i never had a problem with recovery ..did basically the same thing and took a week break every 8 weeks ... my favorite way to train regardless

19. So in other words there were results while off, just slowed due to the absence of AAS? As you know I've been trying to create my own routine for some time and I tried the high frequency this week but it absolutely burned me out so this is on my list of options.

20. exactly and the results off were the best results i had while off as compared to other training routines .. of course diet plays a very large role in that

21. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    Have you ever tried them on an incline bench?

22. done them on an incline, flat, on the floor, and on a decline ... kills my elbows regardless

23. What the fook, I don't know how I didn't see this before...Anyway, good to see you are keeping a log, but I think Beezle has you beat until you start putting perty smilies in here...

24. Same, I feel my elbows pop and crackle when I use 125's on skulls. I haven't tried Beez's tate presses because they look so damn gay...

I may rethink my tentativeness about trying hybrid DC after PCT.. I'm not keeping a log though, 'cause I'll be doing it natty. summab1tch!

25. Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    Have you ever tried them on an incline bench?
    yeah, still hurt and on decline. not concerned about it, i don't think they're that great of an exercise. but if i could do it without pain, i would. arm development isn't exactly my weak point at the moment anyway.

26. everyone i know that does or had done skull crushers say they hurt the elbows bad, and there is so many other excersizes out there.

plus how many big time benchers do you see skull crushers in their routines?

27. Try it lying down on flat with one arm and DB's, held with hammer grip bring it right down next to your ear. You hold your elbow slightly back with opposite arm and extend.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

28. yeah, the neutral grip is easier on the elbows, agreed.

Gleprechaunihan, I agree closer grip pulldowns,(or chins) focused and strict, to the chin level are latsearers.. Charles Glass showed how much a little variance in form, even hip placement, can change the effectiveness of a simple back movement.. I was sold.

Then again, Beez's referral to Rack Chins had me blown away. There are so many good ways to train the back.. and in my case I need them all.. it's my lagging part as of now.

29. Just started your routine glen, I really like it so far. I really feel like i can recover quite well between workouts training this way. I got a quick question for all you experienced lifters on this thread (because i noticed there are so many!) but I am still pretty much natural, the only thing I have used b4 that is hormonal is prostan, and god knows that is a very weak chemical but I still got some good results with it. My question to you guys is are people almost in a sense "capped" with how far their muscle growth can grow simply because there hormones simply dont let them get too big? My diets in order and when my training is going well, I feel like I get results (ever so slowly) and sometimes I feel like I take a step back every once in a while, then forward, and back, but then get myself back to about where I was hovering around 190-200 depending on whether or not i am looking to be defined or bulking. I hope this question makes sense. Like is the only way to truly put on size is with AAS? Or have i just not found my nitch yet for what works for me?

30. how old are you and how many years have you been training .. what's your bf % around
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 265
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 10:53 AM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 09:30 AM
  3. Beelze training log
    By Beelzebub in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2315
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 10:45 PM
  4. UHCougar05's Training Log: I make Glen look tall
    By UHCougar05 in forum Workout Logs