Poobah On the Road to 405 with John Pinder.

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  1. Board Supporter
    Answers

how heavy were your rows?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

hahah, guy, your line of thinking is definately linear. Heavy weights
  3. ktw
    Answers

I usually do rows for sets of 5, I think my pr on rows is 205 for 5 without sacrificing form and doing that whole 3 inch ROM half deadlift half row yank crap. This was at a bodyweight of 200
    •   

4. ktw
    Answers

Also for deadlifting, I do not know my conventional max at the moment, I was pulling 315 for 7 the other day trying out sumo for the first time. I do not understand how I do not feel it there now, as when I deadlifted back in the day with pretty bad form I used to feel like my elbows would explode
  5. Registered User
    Answers

No direct bicep work, 18.5" cold arms. I'm pretty lean so that's not a fat arm measurement either...

Direct bicep work isn't really that productive for me.
  6. ktw
    Answers

Yah I guess everyone is different, I don't do a whole lot but I still do it though.
  7. Board Supporter
    Answers

Monday - Squats, and not much else.

Box Squats.

335 x 5
    335 x 5

I got them all, but they were much harder today.. and I just didn't feel the same.. I didn't have that solid feeling in the legs like last time.

Paused Squats

365 x 4
    365 x 5

I got off balance in the first set a bit, tired out and hung it up early... The second set, I got angry, and agressive, and gave er ****. I just got them.

Now for the bad news...

Something was just all wrong with me today... I was sweating bullets even during my rest periods.. my back has never been sorer and pumped.. I needed 10 minutes between sets, and It was still sore going into the next set, and even sorer afterwards.

After my last set of squats.. I had to sit down for 30 minutes.. And It didnt' get any better at all.. And all this time, sweat just continued to pour out of me. Then I laid on the damn floor for another 15 minutes.. and I still could barely walk with back stiffness.

Then finally I tried to do a set of ghr's.. and during the second rep, on of my hams completely cramped on me, and would not stop... Completely sucked..

Now I had both a pissed off back, and a disfunctional leg.. while the sweat continued to pour.

I litterally baby stepped to the change room... sat down for another 30 minutes, somehow managed a shower.. and ****ed off.

At least I got my squats in.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Could be disk issue and something to not take lightly. Get aheating pad on it and if it's still bad tomorrow you need to see a doc. Cramps may have been from the sweating in excess but if you have a bulged disc it could of hit the nerves causing those leg and back issues too.

Excessive sweating...Low blood sugar. Sudden loss can bring all that on. Did you eat recently?
  9. Board Supporter
    Answers

sounds like what happened to me on superdrol, how much water are yu drinking?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Didn't know he was taking any PH's or anything. That can definately cause the back problems.
  11. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    sounds like what happened to me on superdrol, how much water are yu drinking?

Quite a bit most of the time... 2 gallons or more a day. But I slacked big time on the weekend.. and ate bad food choices again.

I think it's mainly diet and not enough water on the weekend.

I hear you on superdrol though... I had some issues like this with dbol... and Had to hit the floor a few times between sets... but this is strictly something that happens to me sometimes.. back was tight all day yesterday.

I was supplementing extra potassium and taurine.... but conviently enough I stopped last tuesday. so there is another reason that could of caused excess back pumps and a the ham to cramp up. So I best not forgot to take those sups.

This morning though.. I got a new problem.. (well a problem that appears every so many months and last a day or 2.) My right leg from below the knee to the ankle just throbs like it's dying or something.. feels like arthritis.. don't know what it is.. but it sucks.
  12. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Could be disk issue and something to not take lightly. Get aheating pad on it and if it's still bad tomorrow you need to see a doc. Cramps may have been from the sweating in excess but if you have a bulged disc it could of hit the nerves causing those leg and back issues too.

Excessive sweating...Low blood sugar. Sudden loss can bring all that on. Did you eat recently?
    I'll keep that in mind.. But I'm pretty sure it's just a standard, but aggrivated back pump.
  13. Board Supporter
    Answers

you talk to john about this?
  14. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    you talk to john about this?
    He knows all about the workout.. but I didn't mention my leg this morning..

It's feeling alot better right now though.. Someone mentioned it could be a circulatory problem in my legs... I've got this like I said for years now, just once in a long while for a day here and there.
  15. Board Supporter
    Answers

my arms fall asleep almost every night, one of the perils of being big
  16. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

I would get that checked out ASAP. If you have circulatory problems in your legs you could be developing clots and not even know it which will cause a host of problems down the road including death. Yes I am serisous and its a leading cuase of death in overweight people (puliminary embolism). It can cause major problems with your lungs and heart and if you are not in the right cardiovscaular condition your heart simply won't be able to handle the pressure. This starts in your calves and spreads to your thighs and everntually to your lungs. Increased cholesterol and overuse of certain "drugs" can greatly enhance your chances of this happening.

I don't want to scare you but given what I know about your past and current weight the symtpoms sounds VERY similar to this problem. Look it up when you get a chance. Its almost never diagnosed until something actually happens and it is a very common condition. If you find you have it or prone to it you can bascially prevent it form happening or worsening with diet changes and/or blood thinning drugs.

Pulmonary embolism - MayoClinic.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Bobo is 100% dead on. A buddy of mine had DVT and almost killed him. Also one of the side effects of being big. Never risk it and get it checked.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Guy, that arm this is one of the several reasons that I decided to drop the weight. I don't care how strong you are. Carrying that my fat and eating unhealthy while putting your body through heavy stress of lifting is a recipe for bad things. Nothing like being able to lift heavy **** but there's nothing like being able to live through it all without dosing 100 meds a day and having someone to clean and dress you too.
  19. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I would get that checked out ASAP. If you have circulatory problems in your legs you could be developing clots and not even know it which will cause a host of problems down the road including death. Yes I am serisous and its a leading cuase of death in overweight people (puliminary embolism). It can cause major problems with your lungs and heart and if you are not in the right cardiovscaular condition your heart simply won't be able to handle the pressure. This starts in your calves and spreads to your thighs and everntually to your lungs. Increased cholesterol and overuse of certain "drugs" can greatly enhance your chances of this happening.

I don't want to scare you but given what I know about your past and current weight the symtpoms sounds VERY similar to this problem. Look it up when you get a chance. Its almost never diagnosed until something actually happens and it is a very common condition. If you find you have it or prone to it you can bascially prevent it form happening or worsening with diet changes and/or blood thinning drugs.

Pulmonary embolism - MayoClinic.com
    I appreciate that.. I'll check it out for sure..

I have a few relatives with problems in thier legs as well as an aunt.... I'm not sure if the problem is related but it could be.

I'll read that link, and print it for when I see the doc.. I have to see him soon to renew a subscription anyway.

This worries me more now.. cause I have these 2 huge viens in my calves.. that look like large bumps... I sometimes wonder how fast the blood flows through those big muthers... They arn't very firm, when you touch them, which tells me thier ain't alot of pressure in them, and the blood flow is minimal.. (which makes me think clotts could form... big ones.)

Peace Bobo, and thanks for watching.
    Last edited by Poobah; 06-14-2006 at 08:08 AM.
  20. Board Supporter
    Answers

Tuesday - Chest

Paused 2B Press

350 x 3 x 2 x 2

Ug... still not right today.. Maybe I got a bit of flu, seems it's going around, and my girl friend was practically in tears with back pain, the same night I had a rough back at the gym on monday night? Coincidence? maybe.. maybe not.

Paused Floor Press

265 x 5 x 4

Just not strong today... Grr blah.. blah.. GRR GRR.

Front Raises

Blue 2 x 10 (both hands at once)

I let out some slack and took it a bit easy on these shoulder exercises.. My right front clavical(Sp) seems to be a bit of a issue.

Side Raises

Red 2 x 10 (one hand at a time)

Again.. Took it easy.

Pull-a-parts

Red 2 x 20

Grip Work

Skipped

I wasn't happy with the workout.. and I have to admit it's been really hard to drag myself into the gym lately.. To much stuff going on in my life.. to much stress and it's beginning to put me in the dumper a bit. I need to chill my mind and just relax, and stop worrying and just keep livin.

peace.
  21. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah
    I appreciate that.. I'll check it out for sure..

I have a few relatives with problems in thier legs as well as an aunt.... I'm not sure if the problem is related but it could be.

I'll read that link, and print it for when I see the doc.. I have to see him soon to renew a subscription anyway.

This worries me more now.. cause I have these 2 huge viens in my calves.. that look like large bumps... I sometimes wonder how fast the blood flows through those big muthers... They arn't very firm, when you touch them, which tells me thier ain't alot of pressure in them, and the blood flow is minimal.. (which makes me think clotts could form... big ones.)

Peace Bobo, and thanks for watching.
    If you catch it early its easily treatable and shouldn't be a problem but the key is early detection and to know you are at risk. It goes undiagnosed for so many people until something happens. The problem is that its tough to diganose as well unless you get a CAT scan. There are many things you can do to help and the number one thing is cardio. It increases bloodflow while strengthening your heart and lungs. Also limit your Vitamin K intake as well as saturated and transfatty acids.

Just looking out for you brother
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Poobah, you okay out there?
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Anyone heard from Poobah? Usually he's much more steady on keeping his log and with his last posting with health concerns I was hoping someone has heard from him. Would hate to hear he's had any health related incidents.

Well, until I hear otherwise i'll add a prayer hoping everything is okay for ya.
  24. Board Supporter
    Answers

Thanks for the concern..

But I'm fine... I just decided to take an entire week off..

I'm in the middle of a big move.. just got me a house... on top of that Were still working towards closing a 20 million dollar tender.. Combine the 2..

And it's a lot of late nights at work, and when I'm not at work, there is shopping to do (new things for house), and throwing out of things old from appartments (mine and my girlfriends). I've been stupid busy.

I was suppose to workout yesterday, but didn't get home till 8:30pm, and I was beat.

So tonight I'm going to try and do a back/chest routine, if only to maintain till I get back on a normal schedule. Actual moving day is July 1st. (canada day)

peace.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Good to hear man, hope everything calms down soon so you can hit your goal...Although sometimes it's amazing how things can come at ya when you probably needed it Hope you heal up okay.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah
    Thanks for the concern..

But I'm fine... I just decided to take an entire week off..

I'm in the middle of a big move.. just got me a house... on top of that Were still working towards closing a 20 million dollar tender.. Combine the 2..

And it's a lot of late nights at work, and when I'm not at work, there is shopping to do (new things for house), and throwing out of things old from appartments (mine and my girlfriends). I've been stupid busy.

I was suppose to workout yesterday, but didn't get home till 8:30pm, and I was beat.

So tonight I'm going to try and do a back/chest routine, if only to maintain till I get back on a normal schedule. Actual moving day is July 1st. (canada day)

peace.
    Congrats on the house Poobah, have fun moving

jecko
  27. Board Supporter
    Answers

Thanks gentlemen.. lot so fun.. yea right.

Jay how you get so much reputation?. YOu give good pm blowjobs or what?
  28. Board Supporter
    Answers

Friday - Something is better then nothing..

(That's a lame title i know.)

Deads

225 x 10
    315 x 6
    425 x 2
    455 x 5
    455 x 5

Seated rows

210 x 10
    210 x 10

Bench

320 x 3
    320 x 3
    320 x 3

DB bench

120 x 4
    100 x 8
    100 x 7

That's it...

I didn't go really heavy... just wanted to do something. SHoulder is feeling much better then it did, so at least in that respect the rest has helped.

Saturday is moving day... I already know this friday will be a complete bust, cause I'll be taking half a day off and will be starting to move some things before the big move on saturday.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Jay how you get so much reputation?. YOu give good pm blowjobs or what?
    It's all about give and take
  30. Registered User
    Answers

Talked with Poobs last week he's still alive and doing ok, he can't find the time to workout anymore so give him hell and see if we can get him back into the routine.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Poobaaaaaahh!! Not working out? Pinder is gonna castrate you and make you eat it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Accelerating down the road to abs with MN Accelerant!
    By jalfrey in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 05:58 PM
  2. What to eat while living out of a van on the road?
    By redrobe in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 06:27 PM
  3. Edwitt is on the Road to 240lb and a 500ln bench
    By edwitt in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 846
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM
  4. Replies: 314
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 01:19 AM
  5. On The Road To Summer Leanness (HDrol++ Cutting Log)
    By OnTheRoadTo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM