Poobah On the Road to 405 with John Pinder.

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68%

Hey poobs how you like draging all that sh!t in the gym with you. Wednesday I had to make 2 trips to get all my Sh!t in. Videoing the workouts at first took a little getting used to on self humilation but now with pipes and sh!t I feel like an idiot with everyone stairing at me. Just got to get over that, I checked out the other gym in town where supposedly the big boys go and I wasn't impressed one bit with the place, The had signs up that if you pin weights to the machines your membership will be terminated, and any violent dropping of weights would be grounds of membership termination. What a joke, looks like I'll stay where I'm at with all the brad pitt want to be's.

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by STUK ina RUT
    Hey poobs how you like draging all that sh!t in the gym with you. Wednesday I had to make 2 trips to get all my Sh!t in. Videoing the workouts at first took a little getting used to on self humilation but now with pipes and sh!t I feel like an idiot with everyone stairing at me. Just got to get over that, I checked out the other gym in town where supposedly the big boys go and I wasn't impressed one bit with the place, The had signs up that if you pin weights to the machines your membership will be terminated, and any violent dropping of weights would be grounds of membership termination. What a joke, looks like I'll stay where I'm at with all the brad pitt want to be's.
    That sucks... I actually love the people in charge at my new gym.. I can pretty much do whatever I want with full permission... I enjoyed dropping 505 to the ground today... and I had the whole place including people much more muscled then me go like.. hmmmm.. strong ***** you are. One dude even clapped.. lol

Anyway you get use to using all this ****... and it gets results, and people will notice that. You might even make some people think about becoming a pl'r... This one dude, probably the strongest guy pound for pound in the gym, or at least the largest for his hieght. Came right up to me today as soon as I got there, and whipped out his camera to show me his bench he just did, presumably he wants to start getting more into powerlifting, and took notice of the camera work I've been doing. But get this.. this basterd, is 180 (and 2 weeks out from his first bb show) pounds and benched 405 flat backed, arms out with no powerlifting technique at all for 6 easy reps. (he's a strong one.)

So what I'm saying is.. even though there are those around you that a bigger and more experienced, they can still recognie you are doing something very productive, and that there is something to be learned from you... I ain't embaressed about anything anymore.. except perhaps the pullthroughs with girls watching at close proximity.. lol
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thursday - Deads.. and me dead too.

Dead Lift

225 x 10
    315 x 3
    405 x 2
    505 x 3.5
    505 x .5
    505 x .5 Straps add and still no back couldn't bring it up.

I was hoping for at least 4 reps at 505, but just couldn't do it. Somehow I thought, well maybe I'll do better in the second set... Big mistake, I tried hard but nothing... added straps and still nothing. At this point, I was pretty much fried, and decided against dropping down significantly for reps. not sure if this was a good decision. ?

At this point, I didn't have high hopes for the rest of the workout.. but it turns out I did very well from here on out.. (granted it took me forever to get this long ass workout finished.)

Zercher Squats ( I spelled it right Mouse. :P)

275 x 10

The 10th was ugly but I got them... This freaken exercise pumps my legs and is more grueling then 20 rep squats at times.

Assisted GHR's.

BW - 70 CW x 10
    BW - 70 CW x 11

Getting better the 11th was a killer... I actually like doing these it's the only exercise of the night that doesn't aggricate my lower back pump. It's almost all strictly hams, and they don't mind abuse.

Pull Throughs

150 x 20
    165 x 20

I remembered to hump my hips forward and squeeze my buttocks on these this time... But I gota tell you it was embaressing.. only because out of everyone in the gym, 2 fitness competitor chicks, were doing exercises in what would be the front row facing me... I'm surprised they didn't burst out laughing. I couldn't help but think I was displaying my humping skills for them. lol.. it was distracting in a not good way. But I did it anyway.

Seated Rows

235 x 8
    220 x 10

decided to bump it up 15 pounds... I think I did fine.

Face Pulls

190 x 9.5
    190 x 8

By this time, my hands are sorer then I remember them every being... I was still able to hold on, it just sucked doing it.

Abs

bw x 12
    bw x 6

Jeeze these continue to embaress my ass. And to be completely honest, I was so whiped out by the time I got here, I damn well nearly skipped them and biceps.

Biceps - EZ curls

100 x 10
    100 x 9

I figured why not finish the punishment.. .I did put on my gloves though and wrist wraps... my hands were already meat, and my right hand/wrist/elbow continues to hurt.. the wraps and gloves prevented further insult to injury.

Conclusion..

I don't know... This day was just really long, took me over 3 hours to get my ass in the gym and out of the gym. My back continues to be pumped and angry at the slightest provocation.. even my first initial warmup set of deads, required some rest before my back relaxed... it's frustrating after awhile.

With all my *****in and moaning, I did pretty damn good with the rest of my workout today.. hitting pr's accross the board. Just don't know where my second set of deads went. It just wasn't there.

should I even be doing pullthroughs if I'm doing ghr's?

Almost forgot.. I brought the camera, but I put it on the wrong setting and when the dude went to film me all he did was take a picture. SO I can't even get any help based on my deadlift form today. Me bad.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68%

I enjoyed dropping 505 to the ground today... and I had the whole place including people much more muscled then me go like.. hmmmm.. strong ***** you are. One dude even clapped.. lol
    Yea the last time I did deads I was only pulling 425 but it sounded good when it hit the floor. One guy came up talking about how good it sounded. That guy is set up on a sub floor so when I drop the weight I'm dropping it on plywood supported by 2x10 or 2x12 floor joists, kinda scarey when you think about what that weight is doing to the floor I'm expecting to drop it through the floor one day.

except perhaps the pullthroughs with girls watching at close proximity.. lol
    Those things do look kinda gay but the nail your back side.

Congrats on the new PR you'll get 4 next time
  5. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah
    Thursday - Deads.. and me dead too.

Dead Lift

225 x 10
    315 x 3
    405 x 2
    505 x 3.5
    505 x .5
    505 x .5 Straps add and still no back couldn't bring it up.

I was hoping for at least 4 reps at 505, but just couldn't do it. Somehow I thought, well maybe I'll do better in the second set... Big mistake, I tried hard but nothing... added straps and still nothing. At this point, I was pretty much fried, and decided against dropping down significantly for reps. not sure if this was a good decision. ?

At this point, I didn't have high hopes for the rest of the workout.. but it turns out I did very well from here on out.. (granted it took me forever to get this long ass workout finished.)

Zercher Squats ( I spelled it right Mouse. :P)

275 x 10

The 10th was ugly but I got them... This freaken exercise pumps my legs and is more grueling then 20 rep squats at times.

Assisted GHR's.

BW - 70 CW x 10
    BW - 70 CW x 11

Getting better the 11th was a killer... I actually like doing these it's the only exercise of the night that doesn't aggricate my lower back pump. It's almost all strictly hams, and they don't mind abuse.

Pull Throughs

150 x 20
    165 x 20

I remembered to hump my hips forward and squeeze my buttocks on these this time... But I gota tell you it was embaressing.. only because out of everyone in the gym, 2 fitness competitor chicks, were doing exercises in what would be the front row facing me... I'm surprised they didn't burst out laughing. I couldn't help but think I was displaying my humping skills for them. lol.. it was distracting in a not good way. But I did it anyway.

Seated Rows

235 x 8
    220 x 10

decided to bump it up 15 pounds... I think I did fine.

Face Pulls

190 x 9.5
    190 x 8

By this time, my hands are sorer then I remember them every being... I was still able to hold on, it just sucked doing it.

Abs

bw x 12
    bw x 6

Jeeze these continue to embaress my ass. And to be completely honest, I was so whiped out by the time I got here, I damn well nearly skipped them and biceps.

Biceps - EZ curls

100 x 10
    100 x 9

I figured why not finish the punishment.. .I did put on my gloves though and wrist wraps... my hands were already meat, and my right hand/wrist/elbow continues to hurt.. the wraps and gloves prevented further insult to injury.

Conclusion..

I don't know... This day was just really long, took me over 3 hours to get my ass in the gym and out of the gym. My back continues to be pumped and angry at the slightest provocation.. even my first initial warmup set of deads, required some rest before my back relaxed... it's frustrating after awhile.

With all my *****in and moaning, I did pretty damn good with the rest of my workout today.. hitting pr's accross the board. Just don't know where my second set of deads went. It just wasn't there.

should I even be doing pullthroughs if I'm doing ghr's?

Almost forgot.. I brought the camera, but I put it on the wrong setting and when the dude went to film me all he did was take a picture. SO I can't even get any help based on my deadlift form today. Me bad.
    Where in Canada are you at? Are you close to Niagara Falls? If so I will be in that area on July 8th and 9th and we could meet up. Let me know!
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Where in Canada are you at? Are you close to Niagara Falls? If so I will be in that area on July 8th and 9th and we could meet up. Let me know!
    mauahaha.. that's an awsome offer. I'd love to have a picture with Nick. I'm in Ontario, but a good 6 hours from Niagara Falls.

Although July 8th, 9th is a weekend..?

Ah.. but with 2 kids, a full time job.. it's pretty hard to get away... we'll see.

What's bringing you to Niagara?
  7. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.14%

mauahaha.. that's an awsome offer. I'd love to have a picture with Nick. I'm in Ontario, but a good 6 hours from Niagara Falls.

Although July 8th, 9th is a weekend..?

Ah.. but with 2 kids, a full time job.. it's pretty hard to get away... we'll see.

What's bringing you to Niagara?
    I am guest lifting and putting on a little seminar at a meet at Falls Fitness Factory in Niagara.
  8. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Friday - Chest, etc.

Working around a few nagging injuries... My left palm is bruised pretty good, from Dead's I'm presuming. And my right wrist all the way up my arm is a bit messed up.

And I FORGOT MY DAMN CAMERA.. Don't know how but I did, in my rush to pack my **** for the gym.. Sorry guys.

Paused 4B Press

315 x 3
    335 x 3
    355 x 3

For those that don't know, I was directed to pick a weight and increase it 20 pounds every set, hopefully coming near or reaching failure on the last set. Well I underestimated.. I easily completed all 3 sets on my own.

Paused 3b Press

315 x 3
    335 x 3
    355 x 3 (some help)

My instructions for this exercise was to start 20 pound lighter then I started the above exercise.. and work my way up 20 pounds per set again.. BUt seeing as I completed the above sets easily enough I started at the same weight.

I thought I had this, but in the last set... stupid me forgot to tighten my wrist wraps.. and considering the state of my right hand it made a huge difference.. I was quivering like a fish out of water, and it didn't feel nice either. I needed some help, more or less to keep me from loosing balance... But I think I would have had it if I had the straps wrapped up tight. I think I'll stay here next week though. and move up the 4b stuff.

Seated BB Military Press

95 x 14
    115 x 11 (last forced)

Not a huge lift for me.. Hell most nights I have a hard time raising my hands to my head to shampoo myself.. lol. But the good news was, I was able to do these comfortably with no pain.. and the last time I did a over head press motion, it practically ended up killing me.. (left arm tendon troubles). So all is good.

Rotator work

20pnd x 10 reps each arm.

I only did one set per arm and didn't push real hard today... My right arm did not like this exercise at all.. and I figure if it hurts to much, I shouldn't be doing it.

Shoulder stretches

Blue band x 25

After 15, I brought my hands in more, then again at 20.. and for 25 I brought them in even more... These felt good.

Grip work...

Skipped... between my bruised left palm and my ****ed up right arm. (specially when my fist is closed). I again didn't want to make things worse? Does this make me a puss, or am I finally getting a bit smarter? Not sure.. lol

Conclusion....

I liked the day in general.
  9. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Monday - Legs

Got my training partner and brother back into the gym.. he'll be training 3 days a week with me, just hitting chest once a week.. That's good news for me.. I'm fairly sure he won't be walking for the rest of the week. muahahahaah

Box Squats

315 x 2 (13" box) - http://media.putfile.com/Box-13
    275 x 5 (13" box) - http://media.putfile.com/Box-Squat-13
    275 x 5 (14" box) - http://media.putfile.com/Box-Squat-14

I sincerely thought I should of had 315, but these box squats were more then I anticipated.. as for the box I brought a tap measure to be accurate, I slapped some **** together, and it came up 13".. I figured close enough, but by the end of the first 275 set, I wanted that 14" so I made an adjustment.

Paused Squats

225 x 5 - http://media.putfile.com/Paused-Squats---225-x-5
    275 x 5 - http://media.putfile.com/Paused-Squat---275-x-5

I figured these would be harder.. but they actually might be easier for me.. even though I go deeper. I need all he pointers and advice and or direction you can all shoot at me.

GHR's

BW - 60 CW x 8 x 8

10 pounds less counter weight then last time.

HYper Ext.

BW + red band doubled x 17

Decided to do just one set since I'm doing the Ghr's... I thought I might rest pause and get 20.. but at 17 I started to see stars and almost blacked out..

Abbductors

180 x 25

Last 5 were brutal like last time.

Adductors

212.5 x 25

Not a rest pause required this time... Running out of room to stack weight.

Abs

bw x 13 x 8

Seated calves

685 x 20 x 20

Got em all.. I was making screaming like a little girl though on rep 19 and 20.

Conclusion...

My squat sucks... I know i held my form decently until the last rep more or less... but I'm all ears for how much weight to attempt next time, and form adjustments.

Peace...
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

Wait I thought you had done 275x17, shouldn't these box squats be cake then?
  11. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    Wait I thought you had done 275x17, shouldn't these box squats be cake then?
    You'd think.. But it seems that fact that I try to sit back more, coupled with completely resting and sitting on the box and starting with zero tension, makes it much harder then the paused squats I did that were actually lower then the box squats..

And even the 275 x 20.. was a ***** after 7.. and paused quite a bit, with a long damn pause in around 16 or 17.

Um.. I'm hating box squats. lol

(something appears to be wrong with the box squat vids... I might have to reload them tomorrow night?)
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.46%

box squatting is much harder than regular squatting
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

Then my normal squats should be a ****load higher considering I've been box squatting for the past few months. Nice to know, guess there is less standing between me and my 405 goal.
  14. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Tuesday - Chest, Shoulders & Grip

I'm starting to get that strong feeling back.

Paused 2b Bench

335 x 3 - http://media.putfile.com/Paused-2b-p...et-1---335-x-3
    335 x 3 - http://media.putfile.com/paused-2b-p...et-2---335-x-3
    340 x 3 - http://media.putfile.com/Paused-2b-press---340-x-3

Other then the fact my spotter felt the need to touch the bar on the second rep of the first 2 sets.... I didn't need him, and I did progressively better.

It appears with all my worrying about improving form, I've been forgetting some very basic issues. in these sets I rediscovered really trying to squeeze my eblows in, and flaring my lats, I think I forgot how for awhile or something... but as soon as I did, the bar become really stable, and I was able to lower the bar slowly and steadily without it taxing me or feeling uncomfortable, and lift off dramatically improved... in the third set I was able to (and especially on the final rep) I was able to utilize both tucked elbows, flared lats, and a strong leg drive, that rep was cake. I must remember to do the little things.

Notice how in the third and heaviest set, I bring the weight down slowly and controlled, yet have a much quicker lift off? Its the elbows in baby.. and lats flared. Me likey.

Paused Floor press

255 x 4.5 - http://media.putfile.com/Paused-Floor-Press---255-x-45
    245 x 5 - http://media.putfile.com/Paused-Floor-Press---345-x-5

Bit a bit more off then I could chew in the first set, but If i was a bit quicker bringing it down I probably would of had the steam to finish.. I feel bit lop sided doing these, feels like my right arm is much bigger then my left.

Front Band Raises

Blue, both hands at a time x 10 x 10

Side Band Raises

Red, each hand x 10 x 10

Left arm didn't hurt.. finally!!! Time to start increasing the difficulty.

Pull-a-parts

Red Band x 20 no rest pauses..
    Blue Band x 20 some rest pauses..

On the blue band, I started choked up about 4-5 inches on either side, but around 10 or so I had to ease up a bit. Good tug though.. Me love it.

BB Static Holds

315 x 4 sets

This sucked.. I didn't do very well.. Left palm is still bruised... But I wont' let it bother me.

Conclusion:

I was for the most part pain free on bench... and it really got pain free and more controlled as soon as I squeezed them elbows and flared those lats. Granted it's not as easy as all that, cause there was a time recently that it hurt me alot to draw my elbows in.. so whatever was the reason for that, has fixed itself.. and I'm looking forward to my next bench day.

The missing video files:

i Have no idea why, but i tried uploading the video's to putfile 5 times now, and everytime the box squat video's never work... wtf is that about? I tried renaming the files.. i tried changine the way I named them.. no matter what I do.. nothing. Grrr.
  15. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thursday - Back day

Rack Pulls (well below knee's)

485 x 5 (chalk only)
    485 x 5 (straps added)

Been awhile since I did rack pulls... but I definately improved. Grip really wasn't a problem in the first set other then the fact that it was really hurting my left hand. I don't think I could of hacked a second set without straps, so I added them. I locked out all 5 in the first set, but the 5th rep in the second set was probably a pinch shy of *******, and no matter how much I tried I couldn't quite move it there.

Other then that, I think its fair to say I re-bruised my left hand. wah wah wah.

Zercher Squats

285 x 8

Hmmmmm bit off more then I could chew... Plus i had to wait quite a while for the equipment to become available, so that might of hurt me, or might of helped me. To be honest I've been a bit stiff walking around since monday, and I feel a bit worn out in the legs (quads imperticular).. Perhaps a bit overtrained? Not sure?

GHR's

BW - 50 x 4
    BW - 60 x 9 (complete failure at the bottom of 10)

Wow can 10 pounds make a difference... but going back to 60, I had a nice pr. So all is well.

Seated rows

235 x 9.5
    235 x 9

Stayed at 235, and surprised myself with 9.

Face pulls

190 x 10
    190 x 9

Not entirely sure on these numbers... I left my book at home. sounds right though. A big guy came and started talking to me during rep 6 or 7 and blew my concentration a bit. I didn't answer him though till I was done.

Abs - regular on the floor

BW x 17
    BW x 8

Much improvement.

Biceps..

I said the hell with them tonight.

Conclusion.

Back has been feeling rested lately.. and not nearly as sore as in weeks past. I don't know what I'm going to do with my hand situation, should I just use straps, and ease up more on grip work till it heals.. Or should I just work through it and shutup?

Legs feel tired.

Interesting fact:

Remember that big dude that showed me how to do abs, and said that doing abs spot reduces fat in the gut etc etc.. and went on to talk about toning etc. Well I found out today the guy was the 1997-1998 Mr. Canadian, I think Wes is his name. wierd.
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

Hey with the board press, it might be easier if you have a 2nd spotter hold the board or even the guy behind you. When I was short on spotters I had my friend give me a lift off and then hold the board and if I needed a spot just took the hands off the board and helped.
  17. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    Hey with the board press, it might be easier if you have a 2nd spotter hold the board or even the guy behind you. When I was short on spotters I had my friend give me a lift off and then hold the board and if I needed a spot just took the hands off the board and helped.
    I agree with ya... I get so many different spotters, some are a bit confused on what to do.. This guy seemed fairly sure I couldn't do it at times, last thing on his mind was holding the boards.. but I showed him.
  18. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

Ya people stare at me when I bring equipment into the gym like that and are always wondering what the hell is going on during my sets.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.67%

aWeS0mE laWg bR0sk1. R3pS 4 U
  20. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2Juiced4U
    aWeS0mE laWg bR0sk1. R3pS 4 U
    You Guys and your crazy writing...

Thanks Mang.
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.67%

You Guys and your crazy writing...

Thanks Mang.

What a long read but worth it brutha, early on when you were switching gyms I coulda sworn you were in Guelph......I had some of the same problems at the YMCA here but got out in a similar fashion to you.....anyways, I'll be watching this one closely.....reps for a sweet log

jecko
  22. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jecko29
    What a long read but worth it brutha, early on when you were switching gyms I coulda sworn you were in Guelph......I had some of the same problems at the YMCA here but got out in a similar fashion to you.....anyways, I'll be watching this one closely.....reps for a sweet log

jecko
    Welcome my canadian Brother... and thanks.

izza:
  23. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Friday - Chest and stuff.

Been so long since friday, I forget what some of the problems were exactly.. And I still haven't had a moment to upload vids.. So this will have to do for now. :icon_scra

4b Press

335 x 3
    355 x 3
    375 x 2.5

Better performance then last week.. but I thought I should of had that last one.

3b Press

315 x 3
    335 x 2.75
    355 x 2.25

Had Board problems here in the second set.. basically board came down almost hit me in the fact.. which totaly threw my off as I tried to tell my bro to grab the board.. and when he did, he kept holding the board even when I was about to drop the weight on my head.. THankfully I held out long enough for him to realize what was happening. 275 was hard though, but again I have a feeling concentration was my down fall.

Military Press

135 x 7
    135 x 10 (forced)

Obviously I should be warming up for these... I haven't been up till now, I figured the bench was enough to do the trick.. nah. From now on, I'll 2 warm up sets.. and I should see some heavier weight.

Rotator

20 x 20 x 2 (right arm having troubles)

Shoulder Stretches

blue x 25

Grip work

Nada..

Conclusion...

Not a good excuse, but I skipped grip work today, because I wanted to get out of the gym and go see movie with my brother.. (he paid, belated birthday gift).

I'll try to get those vids up someday soon.. but I'm not home right now. Busy weekend.

peace.
  24. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Tuesday - Chest & Heat Wave

I'm a miserable bag of sweat.

Paused 2b

340 x 3
    345 x 2
    345 x 2

I'm blaming it on the weather... Heat and humidity, put us at about 40% today... Made me slow and miserable... and energy was in the pisser.

Paused Floor Press

275 x 5
    275 x 4

Barely sqeezed off 5 in the first set, and failed after 4.

Front Band Raises

Blue, both hands at a time x 10 x 10

Side Band Raises

Red, each hand x 10 x 10

Pull-a-parts

Blue Band x 20 x 20

BB Static Holds

325 x 4 sets

My hands didn't actually hurt to much this time.. so at least this was positive.

Conclusion..

To bloody hot and humid... sleep last night was a nightmare. I need to invest in A/C, but i'm to cheap. HOpefully things will cool off soon.

peace.
  25. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thursday - Deadlifts

Aright, It wasn't a deadlifting master peice I was hoping for, but all in all I really hit some nice pr's. I'm blowing up Pinder style.

Deadlifts

505 x 4.5ish http://media.putfile.com/Deadlift505x45
    505 x 2.2ish http://media.putfile.com/Deadlift505x2

I used straps today in some hope that I'd do be fresh enough to attempt a single pull of 545-550 after the innitial 2 sets... But duh, obviously It wasn't going to happen. I Still got another rep though, and I did better in the second set then last time.. so I'm happy.

Zerchers

Erm... warning sissy gene alert. Yea I decided to skip it and give my legs a whole week off. They still aren't feeling very fresh yet... Best way to describe it is... It's just way to damn hard to stand up, get out of chairs and off the damn toilet... weak... not like I use to be, when I'd stand right up like there was nothing to it. Come monday though it will be legs again, and no rest for the wicked.. please no teasing the sissy man. :moonagain

Assisted GHR's

BW - 50 CW x 6 x 6

Awsome, I actually almost pulled off 7 in the first set before crashing out.

Seated Rows

250 x 8
    235 x 10

Yes baby.. machine max (still have room to stack additional plates though), I feel this is a freaking great improvement. specially since I don't really involve the rest of my body when I do these..

Face Pulls (wide grip)

200 x 10
    200 x 9

Again... great improvement.. really feeling these exercises hitting there marks.

Abs

bw x 17
    bw x 10

No real improvement here today, but I could feel them more then usual.. if that means anything.

Ez bar curls

100 x 10
    110 x 9

Arms are feeling healthier, but I'm not quite ready to push to failure with these.

Conclusion..

Other then my sissy gene.. (thanks Hank you ole'smuck you.) I feel my hams and my back have shown great improvement lately...

I'm getting tired of a couple ying yangs lately.. Been getting alot of, "Are you training to be a powerlifter?" and "if your not going to compete, why do you put yourself through that torture?". I suppose it's sort of flattering that people are noticing and consider what I'm doing to be torture.. but still, They are dip ****s all the same.
  26. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Friday - Chest etc.

A little late getting this update in.. but my weekends are a blur most of the time.. Hard time getting my protein today.. Grr.

4b Bench

340 x 3
    360 x 3
    380 x 3 (3rd forced)

3b Bench

320 x 3
    340 x 3
    360 x 3 (3rd Forced)

What buggers me most right now, is glide path... I would not of needed help if I could keep my glide path under more control... the first 2 reps of the final set of 3b bench were really strong, should of had the third, but I drifted to low when I came down on the board, and I couldn't get under it to drive it up without alot of help.

Other then that, my right shoulder is acting up a bit again. (wah wah wah)

Seated Military Presses

155 x 10
    205 x 5 (help on the last 2)

okay warm up definately made a big difference... And I know I would of had 205 x 5 if my right shoulder wasn't totally given it up.... It was just falling to pieces on me specially when the bar was all the way down. If I was healthy, this would be cake.

Rotator work.

15 x 20 x 20 (each arm)

You guessed it, right arm was aching the whole time.

Shoulder stretches.

blue x 25

Gripper static squeezes

Each hand x 4 sets

Conclusions..

Improved nicely.. but if my right shoulder would get it's **** together I'd do even better.. I know, I know.. "Shut up and Lift".

Peace boyz, and girlz.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Considering the pain I received from my shoulder and it never getting better till it got a long amount of rest. You might want to get a physical to make sure you're not working too hard for your end result to be perm. damage. Shoulders are involved in so many lifts that giving it proper rest is hard but impossible oon your routine.

405 isn't worth your health. I would suggest a doc visit for at least x-rays.
  28. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You probably have tendonitis in your right shoulder poobah. A sports massage therapist or chiropractor who is skilled in releasing myofacial adhesions would be able to help a great deal to relieve pain and increase range of motion.

You need to cut your workload down. You are doing too many forced reps, you are going to failure too often.

EDIT: actually, it's probably the humeral attachment of the bicep muscle. I had the same problem a long time ago.
  29. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks for the concerns guys...

Its on off and on again problem lately... About a month back I felt perfect for a day, had full bench press range with zerio discomfort... then I had a few weeks of aches, then I had a day where everything was perfect.. and now I'm of course feeling the pain, when I go to the chest, and low on the militaries.

I've had a similar problem in my left arm/shoulder that lasted a good 6 months... Pain would travel from my wrist up my forearm... curls were painful, and flyes were out of the question, and benching hurt the left shoulder... I had to drop free weight bicep exercises, wear wrist wraps, and generally lower working sets and try not to go heavy. And it slowly got better. I think it all started from heavy curling and pulling a ligiments in my elbow..

So now I have very similar problem with my right arm.. I wake up in the morning and my forearm generally aches... If I pick up a jug of whey, with my hand around the cap arm straight down.. that hurts the elbow quite a bit My right wrist hurts under the weight of the bar, and my shoulder gives it up. And for about 4 weeks not my right rotator exercises are pissing me off. But not to the point I'm in tears, like it used to be with my left arm.. (that sucked).

Not sure if the problems are related, or if One problem helped the other one to happen.

Right now I think I have a pulled tendon ligiment issue which is causing me a bout of tendonitis and a seperate issue with strained rotator pausibly causing tendonitis there aswell.

I'll try some ibuprofins? for a bit and see if that helps.
  30. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.46%

stop curling
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

My shoulder problem was a lack of rear delt development and it put everything out of whack. The wrist problems I had as well and found it to be my constant hard gripping of all my weights. I had death grips on every movement. If you're having all those issues it would probably benefit you to get some scans done to make sure you don't have any issues that need tending to.

You've put in a lot of hard work. Ignoring a problem won't make it go away...It'll probably just ruin any work you've done to that point. Don't mask it with pain killers either. Harsh on the liver and your tolerance will build as the injury gets worse. Going too long like that and you would of been better off doing a 10 week cycle of m1t without PCT

Good luck man and I hope you get that taken care of.
  32. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks..

I'm going to see how it goes tihs week... Mr. Pinder already suggested I may need an entire week off to see how things shape up.

Ibuprofin while not a painkiller it is still toxic.... but it can help tendonitis quite a bit if that's the problem.

Good thing is I have worked through the exact same **** with my left arm and it did finally get better.. so lets hope the same can be said of my right.

Right now though, I'm celebrating a hell of a good leg day..
  33. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Monday - Squats, and alot of good ****.

Well today was one of them days where everything seemed to come together.. today was awsome.. and a real boost to me mentally.

14" box squats

285 x 6 - http://media.putfile.com/14inch-box-squat-285-x-6
    315 x 5 - http://media.putfile.com/14inch-box-squat-315-x-5

For whatever reason I decided for the first time to go really wide stanced, Warmed up at 225 and was amazed at how comfortable It was... 285 was really easy, and I could feel my entire legs, hams, abductor, adductors, and quads all working equally to move the weight. Today was the first day going deep that I had full control all the way down, and torque from the bottom up. Form was drastically improved...

I moved my hands all the way to either side.
    My knees were perpendicular to my feet..
    I stuck my ass out, like I just didnt care.
    I felt very balanced and stable.
    Loads of power where previously I had none.

Paused Squats

315 x 5 - http://media.putfile.com/Paused-Squat-315-x-5
    345 x 5 - http://media.putfile.com/Paused-Squat-345-x-5

I wasn't easy, but it certainly wasn't that hard either.... I was suppose to do 285. but you can't argue with my 345.. I got more in me too.. Muahahaah..

Veng, I be coming mang..

Assisted GHR's

BW - 50 x 8
    BW - 40 x 6

****in Eh... I felt my hams flexing and pulling like never before.... they are starting to get much more powerful now... I was a bit worried I might just rip the basterds during that final rep... It was intense.

Abductors

180 x 25, some rest pause

Adductors

217.5 x 25

I caked these... I can stack a bit more on this... but I think I'll be pulling out that bands soon to add resistance.

Abs

bw x 15
    bw x 12

I set up a bit different, probably made it bit harder.. needless to say I keep working to failure.. so I'm not going to let the reps bother me either way.

Calves

685 x 20
    685 x 19

Oh so fun, thinking of trying what boy suggest to tommy..sounds real painful..

Conclusion..

I'm so damn happy with my squat performance.. I Improved in so many ways today, and my confidnence in squats has went to nil, to the skies the limit.

Yee HAW!!!
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

Definately look strong in the squat arena...Actually had a guy checking it out on that one set
  35. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Tuesday - Chest

Paused 2B Press

345 x 3 x 3 x 3

I needed help on the 3rd rep of the first set... basically I completely ****ed up leg drive on the entire first set... and on the final rep I came down to low on my chest, which gave me shoulder a bit of discomfort as I tried to dig it out and get it back in groove.

Learning though, I got my form more in line and kept it in the groove for the remaining 2 sets... and thankfully they were clean, and painfree.

Paused Floor Press

255 x 5 x 5

I'm a bit of dolt here.. I thought i loaded on 265 only to realize afterwards, I can't add to well.

These were mildly uncomfortable on the shoulder as I lowered the weight to the floor.. but it wasn't a big deal.. pushing the weight was fairly comfortable.

And that's it...

I decided, I made it this without hurting myself, that I'd just stop here... and let my shoulders breath easy.. Usually it's the shoulder exercises that cause me more greef then anything anyways. Although as I learned today, falling out of my groove well benching can certainly lead to discomfort in a hurry.

I might do something similar on friday... If you think it's a good idea John.. depends how my shoulder feels i guess.
  36. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You are doing great poobah! I was following you on another site, about a year ago and cant remember what site it was. Oh'well, congrats!
  37. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    You are doing great poobah! I was following you on another site, about a year ago and cant remember what site it was. Oh'well, congrats!
    I appreciate that, thanks man.

--

Just a note on my arm and shoulder this morning.. It seems to be thanking me already for skipping the shoulder routine last night. I feel pretty good actually.

I'll definately not be curling for a few weeks at least.... and I might lay off my shoulders on friday aswell..

We'll see.
  38. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I do pretty much entirely pressing motions to work my shoulders. Only exceptions are occasional upright rows, high pulls and snatches. I almost never do direct bicep work, just lots of rowing and pulling.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

Just started doing those from you guys saying that in this thread...Thanks :P
  40. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

Weird, I tried the no direct bi work approach once, the only thing that happened was the shrinkage of my bi's. I think this is probably due to the fact that I have a habit of focusing all of the effort on my lats or back while pulling and not on my arms. I've tried both ways and there was no strength difference, so I started doing more direct work and they started growing again. Never had an arm day, just did some kind of curl twice a week or so, and it seemed to work fairly well.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Accelerating down the road to abs with MN Accelerant!
    By jalfrey in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 07:58 PM
  2. What to eat while living out of a van on the road?
    By redrobe in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 08:27 PM
  3. Edwitt is on the Road to 240lb and a 500ln bench
    By edwitt in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 846
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 09:50 AM
  4. Replies: 314
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 03:19 AM
  5. On The Road To Summer Leanness (HDrol++ Cutting Log)
    By OnTheRoadTo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 04:38 PM