Poobah On the Road to 405 with John Pinder.

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Board Supporter
    Answers

Monday - Legs

Squats

275 x 20

Probably biting off more then I can chew... I got 15, and could barely even stand there.. I was starting to lose balance, and oxygen was at a severe deficit. I had to hang it up for 30 seconds, as I gasped for some air.. got back under it and did 5 more. Probably don't count?

What should I do next week?

Hypers

bw+10# x 20 x 2

I tried some ghr's from the ground with ankles hooked on something... and damn it.. I couldn't even prevent my decent.. although I slowed it decently an the dude watching me said it looked like one of my hams were about to blow.. anyway, I ended up giving myself a little push with my hands as I tried like hell to pull myself up with hams.. but it's obvious I'm a very long way from doing these.. and again it's sort of like abs.. I have a huge proportion of my weight in my upper body.

So on to with the hypers.

Added 10 pound plate to my chest and got my first and second set without much of a rest pause.. although I couldn't do another rep in the second set.. I just died fall down, and had to rest a bit before getting off the machine.. lol

Abductors

180 x 25

Up 10... but slow, and steady. Rest pauses on the last 5 or so.

Adductors

205 x 25

I maxed out, plus added 15 pounds.. and I was still slamming these together pretty good up till near the end... at 20 my abs flared quickly... and because of that 21-25 proved to be a bit more challenging.

Abs

bw x 12
    bw x 8

Did these the old fashion way... hooked my feet under a machine, and just did them the best I could.. sad I can only do 12 huh? I might stick with these.

Seated Calves (45 degree Press)

675 x 20
    675 x 17

Moved up significantly... and I swear by the 20th rep and the 17 in the second set, it felt like my calves were just going to break in two. Just insane..

Sadly after my first set, my cousin came in and informed me my grandfather passed away with in the hour. I did my second set, and called it quits.

Conclusion...

I think I'm improving well.. but I continue to disappoint myself, by not hitting my marks in a way that satisfy's me where the squats are concerned. I feel like i'm not doing very well. But in reality I'm doing alright, just not what I'd hope I would.

The next days are now up in the air... wakes and funerals to be sceduled etc... I'll work around it as best I can. My grandfather died at the age of 93, of old age.. He truly did live a remarkable life. Everyone had a beer apparently after died today.. (9 sons and daughters.. etc.).

peace.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Sorry to hear about your grandfather Poobah.. I wish your family well with prayer.

Oh and thats a lot of weight on calf raises....
  3. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NiteHawk
    Sorry to hear about your grandfather Poobah.. I wish your family well with prayer.

Oh and thats a lot of weight on calf raises....
    Thanks nite.. Visitation will be thursday and the funeral friday. When a man gets to 93, generally people aren't so sad to see him go.. Everyone of course is taking it very well.

and for 20 damn reps it felt like a ton.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Yes, 93 years is a good, long life.

But yes, Im sure that weight felt like a ton.

You still getting full reps up and down, right??
  5. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NiteHawk
    Yes, 93 years is a good, long life.

But yes, Im sure that weight felt like a ton.

You still getting full reps up and down, right??
    first 15 yea.. but after that it gets touch and go... If was getting a full 20 with full range, I'd need to be doing more weight. Personally I don't mind falling off form a bit on the last few.
  6. Board Supporter
    Answers

Tuesday - Chest, shoulders, grip.

Paused BB Bench

320 x 3 (last forced)
    320 x 2
    315 x 3

I think I'm hitting the over training wall.

I got the first 2 of the first set completely on my own, no hands in site. But I needed a nudge in the third set. The second set, I failed to get 1 rep, and I reset and was able to get 2 with some assistance. Dropped down in the third set and got 3 but it was really tough.

I'm not sure what it is... I am unstable for one.. Bringing the weight down all of a sudden seems much more difficult, specially the last 4" or so. My lift off has lost alot of it's former power... and everything just creeps along. My shoulders hurt.. my forearms hurt. And generally I run out of steam in a real hurry. I have a feeling this is what overtraining feels like..

Paused DB Bench

120 x 5 - All me
    100 x 7

I wanted to use the 120's so I did.. I was happy with 5 considering how tapped I feel lately.

Front Raises

Blues - both hands - 10 x 2

Side Raises

Reds - One hand - 10 x 2

Left arm continues to come around.

Pull-a-parts

Reds - 20 x 2

BB static Holds

365 x 0

Man this pissed me off.. I could not even lift the bar off the rack longer then a second without my hands completely unravelling. On top of that, I couldn't even straighten my back... I felt like a little boy out there. I was not happy.

Conclusion..

Ruff day... felt weak.. I hate feeling weak. I took vids of the first 2 sets of flat bench, but forgot my camera. The guy that spotted me is huge, but short he could of swore I could bench 450 from looking at me... he says this cause he benches 405 for 12 reps.. I make the guy look like a dwarf, a very s trong and muscle dwarf.. but he's got me by a mile.

I think I'm over trained right now, and about to take a step backwards? Whats to do?
  7. ktw
    Answers

That's how I felt after doing WSB for 3 months, I took time off and now I'm feeling great and my lifts are wayyyyyy up.
  8. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    That's how I felt after doing WSB for 3 months, I took time off and now I'm feeling great and my lifts are wayyyyyy up.
    I was warned that 4-5 weeks is usually the most people can take of band lockouts, before they over train thier chest... looks like my trainer was right.. (damn he's smart).
  9. ktw
    Answers

Yah, for me about 5 to 6 weeks is where progress slows and overtraining sets in, especially when doing lots of heavy triples and such.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

The workload you've been doing would have buried me by now. You are going to want to take a week or two off and come back with lower volume.
  11. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    The workload you've been doing would have buried me by now. You are going to want to take a week or two off and come back with lower volume.
    Thanks for stopping in.. I'm honored. been watching your ugly mug now for a few years.

SOunds good to me, but John won't have it.. he wants me to take my next chest day off, then adjust as follows:

This coming Tuesday:

Paused Bench off 2board 3x3reps
    Paused Floor Press 2x5reps
    Front raise w/bands 2 x 10reps
    Side raises w/bands 2 x 10reps
    Pull-a-parts 2 x 20reps
    Grip work static holds w/bb dbl overhand 4 sets

Every other Tuesday:

Paused bench w/bb. 3 x 3reps
    Flat db pause bench hammer grip 2 x 8reps
    Pull-a-parts 2 x 20reps

This coming Friday:

Board Press off 4 board 3x3reps
    Board Press off 5 board 3x3reps
    Seated Military Press 2x5reps
    Rotator work your choice
    Shoulder stretch w/band 25 reps
    Grip work, plate pinches 4 sets ea hand

Every other Friday:

Band lockouts off rack. 4x3 reps - 6” and up (middle finger)
    Lockouts off rack 4x3reps – 4” from lockout and up.(prings)
    Rotator work your choice

--

Basically, bands every other week now to cut down on OT... and a slight change to paused work, preventing me going right to bottom every other week. perhaps to prevent over training in the muscle in questions that are giving me problems lately at chest level. (but I'm just speculating here.)

Do to the wake today, and family get togethers, I'll probably also have to take today off.. which is 4 days off.. till monday.

Looks good.. can't wait to get at it.
  12. ktw
    Answers

ya that would still overtrain me, thats a whole lot of heavy low volume high weight work.
  13. Board Supporter
    Answers

ya that would still overtrain me, thats a whole lot of heavy low volume high weight work.
    the same guy trains me(as you can tell from my log) and it's really not that much volume, all the accessory stuff isn't suppose to be super hard
  14. ktw
    Answers

by volume i mean volume of high intensity low volume work like the heavy triples. id have to take a week off every 5 or 6 weeks at least. When I was on WSB my squat max moved from 275 to 285 in 3 months, but doing less heavy triples and singles and taking breaks has gotten my 10rm up to 275 and my max should be around 365, so I think for me going that low and intense all the time isnt a good idea. accesory work never really burns me out.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah
    Thanks for stopping in.. I'm honored. been watching your ugly mug now for a few years.

SOunds good to me, but John won't have it.. he wants me to take my next chest day off, then adjust as follows:

This coming Tuesday:

Pull-a-parts 2 x 20reps
    Out of curiosity, what percentage of your maximum are all those lifts at? I could see that working fine if it were laid out like so:

Paused Bench off 2board 3x3reps (~85%)
    Paused Floor Press 2x5reps (~80%)
    Front raise w/bands 2 x 10reps (~70%)
    Side raises w/bands 2 x 10reps (~70%)
    Pull-a-parts 2 x 20reps (whatever)
    Grip work static holds w/bb dbl overhand 4 sets (whatever)

Honestly the most important thing is that you not go to failure on more than maybe one heavy set per workout. You can go to failure on multiple 15-20 rep sets for conditioning purposes as well if you so desire. I also think it's a bad idea to go to failure on the same exercise more than once every two to three weeks. From looking at your log I would say you're just being slightly too aggressive with the weights you're using.

Also, where's your back work man? I know you do deads but besides that? You should be hitting your back religiously...

Quote Originally Posted by poobah
    Every other Tuesday:

Paused bench w/bb. 3 x 3reps
    Flat db pause bench hammer grip 2 x 8reps
    Pull-a-parts 2 x 20reps

This coming Friday:

Board Press off 5 board 3x3reps
    Rotator work your choice

Every other Friday:

Band lockouts off rack. 4x3 reps - 6” and up (middle finger)
    Lockouts off rack 4x3reps – 4” from lockout and up.(prings)
    Rotator work your choice

--

Basically, bands every other week now to cut down on OT... and a slight change to paused work, preventing me going right to bottom every other week. perhaps to prevent over training in the muscle in questions that are giving me problems lately at chest level. (but I'm just speculating here.)

Do to the wake today, and family get togethers, I'll probably also have to take today off.. which is 4 days off.. till monday.

Looks good.. can't wait to get at it.
    So you're trying for 405 raw I gather. What is your sticking point currently? The majority of your work should be aimed to bringing up the sticking point.

If your strength has gone down lately, it'll take about two weeks before you'll be able to make any PRs again in all likelyhood. If you feel fine but your strength has been bad, one or two light workouts then returning to full speed with a slightly lower volume will work fine. If you feel fatigued, you will need at least a week of rest.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I ended up getting my best gains from backing off and going light while focusing on form and the muscle worked. I hit my 405 bench when I got frustrated from not bumping past 385 and started working out with a buddy who had shoulder issues and never went over 225. I would stay at the weights with him and varied a lot of the workout based off that weight and under. One day walked in and after a couple of warm up sets I put up 405 once with what felt like little effort. I didn't continue because I was scared of shoulder injuries. I think it was about 3 weeks between the change up.

Either way, good luck and keep up the good work but don't forget to know your body and respond.
  17. ktw
    Answers

Yah I would be hitting the lats a whole lot more than that, and i agree with the posters above me completely, if you push yourself too hard sometimes you get less out than you put in.
  18. Board Supporter
    Answers

exnihilo i'll let poobah answer all your questions, but if you dont recognize the name of who trains him, he used to be exmgq over at ironaddicts board.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    exnihilo i'll let poobah answer all your questions, but if you dont recognize the name of who trains him, he used to be exmgq over at ironaddicts board.
    Oh, no ****? Exmgq is a good guy. Hard as nails, just my type. At the very least he'll make you tough as hell.

Still, listen to your body Poobah. If you feel "drained" all day after a workout or you just start to feel fatigued all the time, lower your volume, intensity or both slightly till you feel better. When I first started training with Ryan Girard and Max Higgins, I stagnated because I took the workout they set me up with and overdid the intensity. When I eased off slightly things started moving again...
  20. Board Supporter
    Answers

Oh, no ****? Exmgq is a good guy. Hard as nails, just my type. At the very least he'll make you tough as hell.
    yes he is, he's over at teamsniffy.com if you ever want to stop by and say hi, his name is 11819-056
  21. Board Supporter
    Answers

I'll give it my best shot on MOnday... This weekend, (since thursday actually) has been hellu busy.

Peace y'all.
  22. Board Supporter
    Answers

Okay... it appears I over analized Johns instructions... I won't be alternating weeks for the time being... and will only be adding back band work, when told to do so.

My new workout for the time being will look like this until told to do otherwise.

Monday
    Squats 1 x 20reps
    Try GHR’S (assisted on Lat station?)
    45° hypers with bands 2 x 20reps
    Hips 25 reps ea.
    Abs 2 x 20reps
    Calves 2 x 20reps or your choice

Tuesday
    Pull-a-parts 2 x 20reps

Thursday
    Dead Lifts 2x5reps
    Zerchers 1 x 10reps
    Try GHRs (assisted on Lat station?)
    Hyper extension 2 x 20reps
    Seated cable rows 2 x 8-12 reps
    Face pulls 2 x 10reps
    Abs 2 x 20reps or your choice here
    2 sets x 8 curls your choice

Friday
    Board Press off 4 board 3x3reps (+ 20 pound per set till failure or close to in 3rd)
    Board Press off 3 board 3x3reps (Start 20 pounds less then 4b and +20 per set as above.)
    Rotator work your choice
  23. Board Supporter
    Answers

Out of curiosity, what percentage of your maximum are all those lifts at? I could see that working fine if it were laid out like so:

Paused Bench off 2board 3x3reps (~85%)
    Paused Floor Press 2x5reps (~80%)
    Front raise w/bands 2 x 10reps (~70%)
    Side raises w/bands 2 x 10reps (~70%)
    Pull-a-parts 2 x 20reps (whatever)
    Grip work static holds w/bb dbl overhand 4 sets (whatever)
    Good question.. my max full range bench was 340 what seems a long time ago on march 15th or so.

http://mightysworld.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-144

I have no idea what I'll be lifting on boards and floor press at the moment.. but I imagine I'm suppose to be near failure by the third set as always.. and as for fridays I have been given these specific instructions.

Friday
    Board Press off 3 board 3x3reps
    Rotator work your choice

On 4 boards add 20 pounds per set until I near or reach failure in the third set. Then on 3 boards start 20 pounds lighter and repeat so you finish up 20 pounds lighter then 4 boards.

Honestly the most important thing is that you not go to failure on more than maybe one heavy set per workout. You can go to failure on multiple 15-20 rep sets for conditioning purposes as well if you so desire. I also think it's a bad idea to go to failure on the same exercise more than once every two to three weeks. From looking at your log I would say you're just being slightly too aggressive with the weights you're using.
    You could be very well right on the aggressiveness thing... I know alot of weeks I stubbornly add weight when I have sincere doubts in my mind that i'll be able to do it... but more more often then not I can. I might be paying for that lately.

Although, I'd say John and yourself have differing opinions on overtraining. John actually likes to work toward overtraining frequently... then ease off as it were.. He expected me to be overtrained in 4-5 weeks in chest.. and he himself likes to do the same.

Why? I know not. lol

Also, where's your back work man? I know you do deads but besides that? You should be hitting your back religiously...
    Lower back work is hard and heavy throughout the week.. but upper back stuff, mostly on dead day.

Thursday
    Dead Lifts 2x5reps
    Zerchers 1 x 10reps
    Face pulls 2 x 10reps

Monday
    Squats 1 x 20reps

Hips 25 reps ea.
    Abs 2 x 20reps

So you're trying for 405 raw I gather. What is your sticking point currently? The majority of your work should be aimed to bringing up the sticking point.
    Up until this bout of overtraining, the bar really flyes off my chest, I'd have to say some where about mid way up around the crossover is my current sticking point.. but It may be more form then anything else.. keeping my groove, and bringing my hands back at the proper time to maintain upward momentum. My lock out is pretty decent.

If your strength has gone down lately, it'll take about two weeks before you'll be able to make any PRs again in all likelyhood. If you feel fine but your strength has been bad, one or two light workouts then returning to full speed with a slightly lower volume will work fine. If you feel fatigued, you will need at least a week of rest.
    Hard to say.. I felt golden the night I benched 310 x 3... since then I continued to make PR's.. but it felt like I was trying to lift a mountain, and I ran out of steam in a hurry. I'm definately overtrainined.. how badly? NOt sure.

I'll be feeling out the new workout this week... I never did free board presses before or floor presses so chances are I will be working well within my 3 rep max...

Plus I took thursday and friday off, and had a good 4 days off. (not much, but something).

Either way.. John is my god, and I must listen to him.

24. Board Supporter
    Answers

john is big with working the posterior, it's your core and is VERY important with all the lifts.
  25. Registered User
    Answers

You could be very well right on the aggressiveness thing... I know alot of weeks I stubbornly add weight when I have sincere doubts in my mind that i'll be able to do it... but more more often then not I can. I might be paying for that lately.

Although, I'd say John and yourself have differing opinions on overtraining. John actually likes to work toward overtraining frequently... then ease off as it were.. He expected me to be overtrained in 4-5 weeks in chest.. and he himself likes to do the same.

Why? I know not. lol
    My philosophy on overtraining at this point is this: Very slowly add volume. If I add volume, and I was making PRs, and I stop making PRs or start making much smaller PRs, reduce the volume. If I add volume, and I start to feel generally fatigued, reduce volume. If your diet and general stress level don't change much this works great.

I think (all other things being optimal) that if you are training optimally you will make PRs on every exercise, every workout, with VERY few exceptions.

Lower back work is hard and heavy throughout the week.. but upper back stuff, mostly on dead day.

Thursday
    Dead Lifts 2x5reps
    Zerchers 1 x 10reps
    Face pulls 2 x 10reps

Monday
    Squats 1 x 20reps

Hips 25 reps ea.
    Abs 2 x 20reps
    I generally don't like to go over 10 reps on anything (unless I don't have a choice ) but that's highly personal. I also don't like doing that many different exercises in one session but again I think that's highly personal.

Doing core 3-4 days a week is definately a good idea. I'd say doing upper back 3x a week isn't a bad idea either (though if you deadlift every week you can cut that down to 2x a week).

Up until this bout of overtraining, the bar really flyes off my chest, I'd have to say some where about mid way up around the crossover is my current sticking point.. but It may be more form then anything else.. keeping my groove, and bringing my hands back at the proper time to maintain upward momentum. My lock out is pretty decent.
    You need to work on your leg drive, and I can tell from your videos you aren't anywhere near tight enough on the bench. Bring your legs under you some more, really focus on tightening the **** out of the muscles of your back, squeeze your butt tight, grip the bar as tight as you can, push up your chest, and focus on pushing up against the bar as you lower it (almost like you are lowering the bar using your back/biceps while fighting against lowering it with your chest/shoulders/tris). Then, when the bar touches your lower chest, push your legs into the ground and try to "kick them forward", push your upper back into the bench and try to push your stomach up even further into the air. Then when your elbows come above your torso 3-4 inches (the distance is different for everyone) flare them out and finish the lift.

Hard to say.. I felt golden the night I benched 310 x 3... since then I continued to make PR's.. but it felt like I was trying to lift a mountain, and I ran out of steam in a hurry. I'm definately overtrainined.. how badly? NOt sure.

I'll be feeling out the new workout this week... I never did free board presses before or floor presses so chances are I will be working well within my 3 rep max...

Plus I took thursday and friday off, and had a good 4 days off. (not much, but something).

Either way.. John is my god, and I must listen to him.

If I were in your situation I think I would focus on improving leg drive, 2/3 board press and floor press (probably with chains).

Biggest thing you need to do right now is fix your technique though, your weak points might not be what you think they are.
  26. Board Supporter
    Answers

My philosophy on overtraining at this point is this: Very slowly add volume. If I add volume, and I was making PRs, and I stop making PRs or start making much smaller PRs, reduce the volume. If I add volume, and I start to feel generally fatigued, reduce volume. If your diet and general stress level don't change much this works great.

I think (all other things being optimal) that if you are training optimally you will make PRs on every exercise, every workout, with VERY few exceptions.

I generally don't like to go over 10 reps on anything (unless I don't have a choice ) but that's highly personal. I also don't like doing that many different exercises in one session but again I think that's highly personal.

Doing core 3-4 days a week is definately a good idea. I'd say doing upper back 3x a week isn't a bad idea either (though if you deadlift every week you can cut that down to 2x a week).

You need to work on your leg drive, and I can tell from your videos you aren't anywhere near tight enough on the bench. Bring your legs under you some more, really focus on tightening the **** out of the muscles of your back, squeeze your butt tight, grip the bar as tight as you can, push up your chest, and focus on pushing up against the bar as you lower it (almost like you are lowering the bar using your back/biceps while fighting against lowering it with your chest/shoulders/tris). Then, when the bar touches your lower chest, push your legs into the ground and try to "kick them forward", push your upper back into the bench and try to push your stomach up even further into the air. Then when your elbows come above your torso 3-4 inches (the distance is different for everyone) flare them out and finish the lift.

If I were in your situation I think I would focus on improving leg drive, 2/3 board press and floor press (probably with chains).

Biggest thing you need to do right now is fix your technique though, your weak points might not be what you think they are.

Appreciate all the advice.. specially the bit on form... The vid you watched is a few months back, and I've been getting better and better as time goes on, lately I have been working on leg drive.. and trying to keep things tight, but damn it's not as easy as it sounds... I'll re-read that a few times and try to implement it better.

John actually thinks I may be just weeks from a 405 attempt.. but that's if I everything goes perfect.. I'm a bit freaked out about the prospect of tryign.. and it seems that attempt will be pushed back a couple more weeks now.

thanks again.
  27. Board Supporter
    Answers

Monday - Squats and GHR baby.

I must of drank about 1.5 gallons during my workout today.. I was soaked. ANd my hammies were dead.. whoo hoo.

Squats

275 x 17 x 3

Slightly better then last time out... And I was a bit less delirious when I had to take that extended rest pause. Form was probably better over all too.

GHR's with Counter weight.

BW - 70 cw x 8
    BW - 70 cw x 14 - http://media.putfile.com/GHR-70-cw-X-14
    BW - 70 cw x 5 - http://media.putfile.com/GHR--70-cw-x-5

I successfully rigged a ghr out of the lat tower... I was tinkering with the placement of my knee's and the hieght of the ankle bar a bit during the first 2 sets... then on the final set, I added a rope to extend the distance I could travel... I think I have a winner here. I couldn't get 6.. lol

Hyper ext.

BW + red band x 16
    BW + red band x 11

Feeling the intense desire to further **** myself up, I decided today is a good day to add bands... I was surprised I did so well in the first set.. but by the second set my hammies were goners.

Abductors

180 x 25

Last 5 were a totaly brutal.. with lots of rest pause.. it seems that hammies play some role in movement... MY hammies were sore and nothing was left in them at the end.. made this exercises much harder then it use to be.

Adductors

215 x 25

last 3 needed some rest pause.

Abs - old style

bw x 12, bw x 7

Not much improvement here... bah. I was tired by now though, and just wanted to sleep a few hours while I layed on the floor between sets.. it was cozy.

Seated Calves

675 x 20
    675 x 20

Got all reps this time... and it hurt nicely.

Conclusion...

Damn this was a long day..... my back was toasted right from the beginning, and I was hobbling around with spent hammies on top of that... I look like such a sack of sore shiet when I make my way around the gym.. I suppose that's a good thing though.

So how does that last set look for ghr's? Workable?
  28. Board Supporter
    Answers

Tueday - Chest, shoulders

Forgot my damn camera at home... Wanted to take clips.. with the new exercises today.

Paused Bench off a 2board.

320 x 3
    320 x 3
    325 x 3

Didn't know how much to do really.. and didn't want to push beyond where I was with no boards right off the bat... 320 was clean, no touch or need of spotter. 225 was clean too but not so easy.

I Also concentrated on trying to solidfy my back a bit more today, and taking some advice from another powerlifter earlier today, I worked on utilizing a better leg drive. Basically tucked my feet back a bit more, so that I naturally rest on my toes more... then when it came time to drive I'd hammer the heal down and pretend like I was kicking my legs out, which in turn drove my back up onto my shoulders a bit more, and firmed me up. It definately seemed to work well. Keeping the back and everything stiff back there needs more work.

Paused Floor Presses

205 x 5
    225 x 5

Never done these before, and again I wanted to make sure I didn't try to do to much. Set one actually seemed a bit hard then set 2.. but by set 2, I had good drive, and it wasn't all that hard. Oddly enough I got a strong shoulder pump from these... not so much felt in the chest that much? Is that right?

I figured I'd just keep moving it up 20 pounds per set until I find failure. then scale it back slightly and work from there? But maybe I should add a bit more then 20? we'll see.

Front Raise

10 x 2, blue band held with both hands.

Continue to get stronger, took some more slack out again today. i pretty much make so number 10 is a near miss.

Side Raise

10 x 2, red band on hand at a time.

Left arm continues to loosen up... just took the first rep or so.. and I was fine. Right arm is way stronger right now though.

Pull-a-parts

20 x 2, red

Second set I pinched in even closer, just the red portion and maybe 3" of band on either side.. and loads of loose out each end. Had to rest pause on 19 in the second set.

BB static holds

Sadly I decided I better opt out... been bothering me for about a week now... Basically my right wrist and on the back of my hand is bugging me, under lots of weight it seems something keeps giving away. and when I close my fist, my forearm hurts and tie's directly in to what seems to be a pulled ligament in my elbow, and I dont' want to aggrivate it.. my left arm was buggered like that for 6 months, and is still feeling repercussionss.

Hopefully it feels better by next tuesday, in the mean time I'll just use the grippers on friday, unless you have another suggestion John?

Conclusion...

Other then the BB static holds.. i was pleased... I didn't hurt myself any doing bench, and I felt quite a bit better.. although the weight still seemed very heavy in my hands, adn lowering seemed hard then it should of been... I think the fact that the board is there, I find myself lowering the weight a bit to fast perhaps.

peace
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Ex, I have some questions but I guess your PM's are disabled. Would you mind me sending you an email?(would need to get that from ya if you say yes :P)
  30. Registered User
    Answers

exismahname@hushmail.com

I think I'll just put it in my sig...
  31. ktw
    Answers

ex, what numbers have you put so far raw and in gear?
  32. Registered User
    Answers

ex, what numbers have you put so far raw and in gear?
    625 deadlift
    585 raw squat, 675 suited squat (single ply centurion, no briefs)
    415 raw bench, 473 suited bench (single ply fury, loose enough to get on myself)

Those numbers were juiced at a bodyweight of a lil over 300 pounds though, lol. I'm ~50lbs lighter and much less "supplemented" now.

My current PRs are:
    600 raw deadlift
    515 raw squat
    375 raw bench

None of my lifting gear fits anymore so I don't have suited numbers as of late. Once I lean down and get my body weight around 235-240 I plan on getting sized for some new lifting gear (thinking metal ace squat briefs, karin's xtreme squat suit, either Double ply F6 or Double ply karin's bench shirt).
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Sent thanks.
  34. Board Supporter
    Answers

karins, i've only heard good things about those shirts
  35. ktw
    Answers

Got a reason for dropping all that weight? nice numbers btw, my all time goal is to get a 500lb squat.
  36. Board Supporter
    Answers

Damn guys... all this talk about lifting gear lately, is really starting to entice me.

But I'll just keep plugging away raw for now.. Pisses me off though that I don't got jack **** around these parts as far as competitions go. I might just have to fly somewhere once a year for a lifting holiday.
  37. ktw
    Answers

Well if you keep going on like this raw, just imagine how much stronger you will be once you gear up
  38. Board Supporter
    Answers

#1 problem with gear though poobah, you HAVE to lift with someone, especially with a bench shirt, it's literally impossible to get a bench shirt to fit without someone there to set it up for you. just have to snoop around and find someone that uses it. i drive 2 hours to go lift with cubanbull otherwise i would be even more clueless than i am now on how to use the stuff.
  39. Board Supporter
    Answers

#1 problem with gear though poobah, you HAVE to lift with someone, especially with a bench shirt, it's literally impossible to get a bench shirt to fit without someone there to set it up for you. just have to snoop around and find someone that uses it. i drive 2 hours to go lift with cubanbull otherwise i would be even more clueless than i am now on how to use the stuff.
    Yeep.. been thinking about that... I might just have to work my arse off forawhile then caugh up some doe and go to North Carolina. Muahahaha

Although I'm fairly sure I don't want him putting knee wraps on me..
  40. Board Supporter
    Answers

Yeep.. been thinking about that... I might just have to work my arse off forawhile then caugh up some doe and go to North Carolina. Muahahaha

Although I'm fairly sure I don't want him putting knee wraps on me..
    wait till you put on a squat suit and go down in it, watch everything start to fade away and then blow blood vessels in both your eyes, it's a humbling experience.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Accelerating down the road to abs with MN Accelerant!
    By jalfrey in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 05:58 PM
  2. What to eat while living out of a van on the road?
    By redrobe in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 06:27 PM
  3. Edwitt is on the Road to 240lb and a 500ln bench
    By edwitt in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 846
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM
  4. Replies: 314
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 01:19 AM
  5. On The Road To Summer Leanness (HDrol++ Cutting Log)
    By OnTheRoadTo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM