guyfromkop's log

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well i have logs around at other boards, so since beeze is posting his log up here, i figure i'll start one up here too. i mainly do a powerlifting workout. it's simple and very effective. here's this week's workout.

Monday 2/13/06

SSB Box Squats 1" Below parallel w/ belt
215 x 3
235 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 3
265 x 3

Leg Press
400+125lb sled x 20(do you count the sled in the total weight on these? i'm not sure)

Kettlebell Swings
1 arm in between legs
25 x 2 x 15
2 arm outside legs
25 x 3 x 5

GHR
BW x 3 x 5 variations

Crazy Scissor Ab Machine
80 x 2 x 20

Ab/Adductors
Red Band x 25

Seated Calves
90 x 15
115 x 15

light cardio 30 min

well definately an interesting day today, first time i ever used a ssb and kettlebells. the ssb was a lot easier than i thought, at least until ex sees the clips of them, but the kettlebells were a whole nother story. these puppies were tough, the 1 arm in between legs werent that bad, but the 2 arm outside of legs was just awkward, that's why i did 3 x 5, next week i'll probably do 1 arm swings outside of legs till i get used to it. either way it definately lit up my posterior plus i was ready to fall over after the first set of 15.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wendesday 2/15/06

Pause Bench, ring finger on rings
185 x 3
195 x 3
205 x 3
205 x 3

DB Hammer Grip Presses w/ pause
60 + purple band x 2 x 6

Front Raises w/ pause
Red Band x 2 x 10

Laterals w/ pause
Red Band x 2 x 10

Pull Aparts w/ pause
Purple Band x 2 x 10

Static Holds
Dbl Overhand 275 x 10sec, 315 x 10sec
Hook Grip 335 x 2 x 10sec

first time doing pauses, also brought out the 3"pvc pipe to stretch on, that was no problem, had it under me for all the benching, but then i tried it with the 4" and my shoulders would touch but my butt was about a half an inch from touching, and vice versa, so i'm assuming that this will take some time for me to arch that much? other than that everything went good, and i'm benching with my feet under me on my toes again, i get more leg drive in fact my left leg likes to shake a little, thought i'd switch to feet flat, but just never could get it right.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Friday 2/17/06

Rack Pulls bottom of knee level w/ stiff squat bar
435 x 1
445 x 1
455 x 1
465 x 1
465 x 1

45 Hypers
Purple Band x 2 x 15

Reverse Hyper
220 x 2 x 10

Wide Grip Face Pulls
210 x 2 x 8

Low Cable Rows
210 x 2 x 6

pretty good workout today, had to go early because they are having a meet to benefit the special olympics. so i will be heading down there in about an hour to watch, wearing the team sniffy shirt proud. other than that workout was pretty good, my lower back was fried by the time i was done..

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
thanks for posting em brutha. keep em coming. looking strong.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
oh i will dont worry, you should check out my site, we have some real wpo monsters over there

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
sniffy, lol. visited there a couple times.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Nice log , Bro. It'll be nice to have some more PLer's around here. And I will check out the site.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice log , Bro. It'll be nice to have some more PLer's around here. And I will check out the site.
thanks man, you have a lot of bbers on this board and it never hurts to throw a powerlifter in there, i'm not nearly as strong as some, but i'm getting there. :) and on my sitewe joke around A LOT, but when it comes to training we're serious. we've got a couple guys training right now for the wpo and about 5 or 6 elite members. its' a fun site

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Saturday 2/18/06

3 Board Comp Grip(index fingers on rings)
235 x 5
245 x 5

4 Board Comp Grip
275 x 5
285 x 5
115 + Purples Bands Doubled x 5
125 + Purples Bands Doubled x 5

good workout today, i'm really liking these board presses, plus the band presses werent that much of a suprise anymore, handling it isnt as much of a problem, plus i can definately bump up to 135 + Purples next week. plus i was a good trainee and arched over my 4" pvc through warmups and worksets

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if anybody doesnt understand some of the stuff in my journal just ask, it's written in powerlifting jargon that most people dont understand :)

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Monday 2/20/06

SSB Box Squats w/ belt 1" below parallel
265 x 3
265 x 3
265 x 3
265 x 3(put some wraps on, medium wrap)
265 x 0(put a tight wrap on, sat down and couldnt get back up again)
255 x 3(no wraps just belt)

Leg Press
490 x 20

Kettlebell Swings
2 arm in between legs 25 x 15
1 arm outside legs each arm 25 x 10

GHR
2 x 5(variations)

Crazy Scissor Ab Machine
80 x 2 x 20

Ab/Adductor
Red Band x 25

Calf Raises
125 x 2 x 15

light cardio
23 min

well box squats were kickin my ass today. last week it was set at parallel so i dropped it to the 1" below like it should of been. either way it was killin me today, by the time i was done my shirt was soaked. i put a medium wrap on just to see what it was like with wraps, then tried the tight wrap and couldnt get back up again. so i dropped 10lbs just to get 5 sets in. other than that everything went good.

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
GFP,

Thanks for keeping a log. Just curious, what is your weight and height? Also where do you train that has a reverse hyper and GHR? I"m highly jealous.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i'm a big boy :) 5'10 290-295ish. i'm carrying bodyfat that i dont want to carry right now, due to the fact i eat like a horse and havent been pulling my sled, it went on quick, one good thing is that my strength has been shooting up like crazy, i hit prs everytime i'm in the gym. but i'm starting to do cardio and once it gets nice the sled will be back in action plus on saturday's i'll do some strongman stuff for gpp

and i workout at a hardcore gym outside of philly. the owner used to be a strongman and celtic games competitor. this gym has everything you could think of including a bounce platform for olympic lifting. the only thing it doesnt have is a monolift. but the bands and kettlbells are mine.

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
i'm a big boy :) 5'10 290-295ish. i'm carrying bodyfat that i dont want to carry right now, due to the fact i eat like a horse and havent been pulling my sled, it went on quick, one good thing is that my strength has been shooting up like crazy, i hit prs everytime i'm in the gym. but i'm starting to do cardio and once it gets nice the sled will be back in action plus on saturday's i'll do some strongman stuff for gpp

and i workout at a hardcore gym outside of philly. the owner used to be a strongman and celtic games competitor. this gym has everything you could think of including a bounce platform for olympic lifting. the only thing it doesnt have is a monolift. but the bands and kettlbells are mine.
Damn you're one big dude. Sounds like you've got a great place to lift at too. I wish I knew about it when I was in Philly for college.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
monday-squats, wed-bottom end bench work and shoulders, friday-deads and back, saturday-top end bench work

i dont do any direct triceps because the boards kill my tri's and bi's i'll do once ina blue moon, the heavy backwork really hits em hard

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i will later tonight, today is bottom end bench work and shoulders :)

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wednesday 2/22/06

Pause Bench(completely forgot i had to put ring fingers on rings, so i had my index fingers on rings)
205 x 3
215 x 3
225 x 3
235 x 3

DB Hammer Grip Presses w/ pause at bottom
60 + Purple Band x 8
65 + Purple Band x 8

Front Raises w/ pause at top
Red Band x 2 x 10

Laterals w/ pause at top
Red Band x 2 x 10

Pull Aparts w/ pause
Purple Band x 2 x 20

Static Holds
DBL Overhand 315 x 10sec, 325 x 10sec
Hook Grip 315 x 2 x 10sec

Light Cardio
30min on treadmill(we may have a pattern here folks)

pretty good workout today, i forgot i was suppose to do my pause work with my ring fingers on rings so they were all done with my index fingers on rings. but i arched over my 4" pvc for all sets including warm ups. also i was suppose to do the db hammer grip presses x 6 but did them x 8, oops. and the beloved hook grip was worked today, i wasnt doing it right before so i had to switch it up, now it feels like my right thumb is either going to be pulled out of it's socket or the nail is going to get ripped off. fun fun.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bad ass workout bro.

BTW, i hate hook grip ;)
thank you, and so do i :) but at the same time i like it. going to be hanging around the wpo warmup section at the arnold next weekend so i'll get some pointers from the big dogs about how to do it right.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Friday 2/24/06

Deadlifts(all w/ hook grip and yes, they are still tingling)
415 x 1
415 x 1
425 x miss
415 x 1(barely)
415 x miss
415 x miss(that's all she wrote, the hammies just couldnt take anymore)

45 Hypers
Purple Band x 2 x 15

Reverse Hypers
220 x 10
230 x 10

Standing Cable Abs
100 x 20
110 x 20

Wide Grip Face Pulls
210 x 8
220 x 7

Low Cable Pulls
210 x 6
210 x 4(switching these next week)

well walked in and did the first 2 of my 5 singles i was suppose to do and was alright, bumped it up to 425 and it just didnt want to get past mid shin. after that i was exhausted and couldnt get it back, all missing right at mid shin, i've been running out of steam like this the past 2 times i pulled from the floor so it will be good to have a break from it next week. other than that everything went up and the 45 hypers i'm almost to 15 without having to stop.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well i'm doing 5 sets of singles with a weight that's like 30-40lbs below my max, one week i'll pull from the floor and the next rack pulls from below knee level. but this week it didnt turn out the way it was suppose to.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
oh and i got this from the big man from down south :D

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
ex? well, can't argue with his big ass, lol. i'm using some sort of dave tate program he wrote on elitefts.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ex? well, can't argue with his big ass, lol. i'm using some sort of dave tate program he wrote on elitefts.
yup, and as you know the only explination he gives is, "it makes you stronger"

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
actually, the advice he gave me was "it makes ya purty." LMAO

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sunday 2/26/06

3 Board Press(index finger on rings)
245 x 5
255 x 5

4 Board Press(index finger on rings)
285 x 5
285 x 4(was suppose to do 5 but was rushing through)
135 + Purple Bands Doubled x 2 x 5

pretty good workout today, got to the gym at about 130-135 and found out the gym was closing at 2. so that whole workout was done in about 20 min by the time i was done warming up. i got everything done but was flying through it, resting only like a min in between sets(which i hate to do). that's why the 4 boards i only hit 4 my second set and the weight didnt go up from last week. but i ended up getting everything done.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Monday 2/27/06

SSB Box Squats, 1" below parallel
255 x 3
265 x 4 x 3

Leg Press
600 x 20

Kettlebell Swings
1 arm outside of legs, each arm 25 x 12

GHR
2 x 5(2 variations)

Decline Abs
bw x 15
bw x 12(i'm horrible at these)

Ab/Adductors
Red Band x 25

Seated Calf Raises
135 x 15
145 x 15

pretty good workout today, everything went good. that ssb is kicking my ass big time.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 2/26/06

3 Board Press(index finger on rings)
245 x 5
255 x 5

4 Board Press(index finger on rings)
285 x 5
285 x 4(was suppose to do 5 but was rushing through)
135 + Purple Bands Doubled x 2 x 5

pretty good workout today, got to the gym at about 130-135 and found out the gym was closing at 2. so that whole workout was done in about 20 min by the time i was done warming up. i got everything done but was flying through it, resting only like a min in between sets(which i hate to do). that's why the 4 boards i only hit 4 my second set and the weight didnt go up from last week. but i ended up getting everything done.
excellent work brutha. one of the gym members made up some sort of board concoction that has a different depth on each rotation. looking forward to trying it out. no more full range RAW for this guy.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
excellent work brutha. one of the gym members made up some sort of board concoction that has a different depth on each rotation. looking forward to trying it out. no more full range RAW for this guy.
interesting, try to take a pic if you can of it. you going shirted from now on?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
for full range, yes. board work will be raw, no lower than 3 board. i'll get a pic of the little thing, it's quite crafty.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wednesday 3/1/06

225 x 3
235 x 3 x 3

DB Hammer Grip Presses w/ pause
70 + Purple Band x 2 x 6

Laterals w/ pause
Red Band x 2 x 10

Front Raises w/ pause
Red Band x 10
Purple x 8

Pull Aparts w/ pause
Purple x 2 x 20

Static Holds
DBL Overhand 335 x 2 x 10sec
Hook Grip 335 x 10sec, 335 x a very quick 5 sec

pretty good workout today, second set of pause benches form and bar path was way off, but still got it, the rest went perfect. plus the hook grip static holds definately weren't the most enjoyable time of the night.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
lotsa work brutha. bands working out for ya?

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Monday 3/6/06

SSB Box Squats 1" below parallel(12")
265 x 5 x 3

Leg Press
600 x 20

Kettlebell Swings
2 arm in between legs 25 x 2 x 15
1 arm outside legs, each arm 25 x 2 x 12

GHR
bw x 2 x 5(variations)

Crazy Scissor Ab Machine
80 x 2 x 20

Seated Calf Raise
140 x 12
145 x 12

Ab/Adductors
Red Band x 25

light cardio 20 min

alright day today, let my air out on my last rep of my last set and got stuck on the box, i ended up getting back up by myself after taking a little siesta but it wasnt pretty at all. weight on the box squats arent reallyi moving and my legs are starting to feel beat up, might take next time off or deload, not sure which to do.

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
for full range, yes. board work will be raw, no lower than 3 board. i'll get a pic of the little thing, it's quite crafty.
Did you end up building your own or buying from elite?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
haven't had a need for it yet. i'm still terrified of flat barbell. so for now, i'm killing everything else til i get some confidence back.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wednesday 3/8/06

235 x 4 x 3

DB Hammer Grip Presses
70 + Purple x 2 x 6

Front Raises, no pause but kept tension on the whole time
Red Band x 2 x 10

Laterals, no pause but kept tension on the whole time
Red Band x 2 x 10

Pull Aparts, no pause but kept tension on the whole time
Purple x 2 x 20

Static Holds
Dbl Overhand - 335 x 10sec, 355 x 10sec
Hook Grip - 355 x 2 x 10sec

alright day today considering i feel like dog **** and can barely talk. the pause benches were good, the first 1-2 reps fly off my chest. the weight hasnt moved in a couple weeks though, so i may deload next week, it's about time for a break and i'm going to miss next fri and sat's workout anyway.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Saturday 3/11/06

SLDL
145 + red bands x 3 x 3
165 + red bands x 3

first off let me say i hate being sick, i didnt go yesterday because i was ill, then i thought let me go today because i didnt go last week and i'm not going next week, well big mistake. but i did end up trying out the jsp
and let me tell you that thing is NO JOKE!!! it will stop you quick. i doubled reds w/ 145 on the bar and it got to just above knee level and stopped dead in it's tracks. grip held, but bar didnt move. the owner of the gym was actually watching me and said you really gotta pull it fast for it to move. so i rigged something up so the bands were just singled over but there was barely any slack in the bands. this was a lot better. i probably could of pulled the bar with reds doubled but i really didnt warm up right, i have to figure out a way to warm up with this. plus the way the jsp is i'm about 2 maybe more inches off the ground, so getting down on the bar is a little harder then i'm used to. after these sets i was so beat i had to leave, my shirt was soaked and the sickness just drained me. next week is a week off and boy do i need it, my body is beat up.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Monday 3/20/06

SSB 12" box squats w/ belt
265 x 3
265 x 3
265 x 3(added light wrap)
265 x 3(medium wrap)
265 x 3(cranked those *****es down)

Leg Press
600 x 20

Kettlebell swings
1 arm outside legs, each arm 25 x 15(going to switch to 2 arms outside next week, dont like how it makes my ankle feel)

GHRs
2 x 5

Crazy Scissor Ab Machine
80 x 2 x 20

Ab/Adductors
Red Band x 25

Seated Calf Raise
155 x 2 x 12

well ladies today was definately not a walk in the park, first workout since a week and a half off of being sick, definately wasnt at 100% but of course me being me i was going balls to the wall the entire time. i'm definately going to feel it tommorrow, walking should be fun. i added some knee wraps just so i can get used to sitting back with these on, i had no intention of using them today but after the second set of me struggling to get 3 i figured why not. plus next week i'm going to do 2 arm outside of legs with the swings, the one arm makes me sit on the one side of my foot, kind of tweaks my ankle a little bit and considering i've sprained my right one 2 times i dont need anything bad to happen.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wednesday 3/22/06

Pause Bench
235 x 2
235 x 3
235 x 2
235 x 3

DB Hammer Grip Presses
65 + purple x 2 x 6

Front Raises w/ pause
Red Band x 2 x 10

Laterals w/ pause
Red Band x 2 x 10

Pull Aparts w/ pause
Purple x 2 x 10

Grip Work
Rolling Thunder
100 x 10 sec each hand
110 x 10 sec each hand
Hook Grip
415 x 2 x 10sec

alright day today, first i forgot to do rotator work, going to have to do that on saturday, then it was time for bench, i had barely any leg drive probably due to the fact my legs are crazy sore from monday's squat session and i did them with comp grip not ring fingers on rings, brain was not there today. but i did use the rolling thunder for my grip work, definately an interesting little contraption, my right hand is stronger than my left, but i'll let my left catch up before i start adding weight to the right

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Friday 3/24/06

Deadlifts
405x4x1
415x1

45 Hypers
Purple x 2 x 12

Reverse Hyper
235 x 10
235 x 7
let the plates on the reverse hyper roll back over my right foot x 1

Standing Cable Abs
100 x 2 x 20

Medium Grip Face Pulls
210 x 2 x 6

Hammer Strength Low Row
180 x 2 x 6

well i havent done this workout in literally a month and boy did it show tonight. the deads went good, actually my form was spot on the whole time, got my ass down no problem, just didnt want to go too heavy since i havent pulled in so long. but after the 45 hypers things were not easy, but then again i dont want it to be easy :D

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Saturday 3/25/06

3 Board Comp Grip
245 x 5
255 x 5

4 Board Comp Grip
285 x 4
285 x 5
105 + purples doubled x 2 x 5

band tension kicked my ass today, i'm not surprised though, i havent done these in a month. plus arching over the 4" pvc is no problem anymore

ktw

Awards
  • Established
My rack pulls and deads seem to be about the same as yours, but my squat and bench are far lower. Must be the monkey arms.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
my bench is horrible, that's my worst lift by far.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Same, it's quite pathetic for me. I mean I at least hit bodyweight easily, but still.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Monday 3/27/06

SSB 14" Box Squats
265 x 4 x 3
275 x 3

Leg Press
600 x 20

Kettlebell Swings
2 arm in between legs 25 x 20
2 arm outside of legs 25 x 10(almost puke city)

GHRs
2 x 5

Low Decline Abs
bw x 2 x 15(i'm so bad at these, so that means i'll be doing these a lot)

Seated Calves
160 x 15
165 x 15

Ab/Adductors
Red Band x 25

light cardio
30 min

pretty good day today. i did 2 arm outside the legs kettlebell swings and almost fell over and puked at the same time, it was great. also when i do the leg press i feel a slight pull right below my left cheek, not sure exactly what it is. any help?