Red Band x 2 x 10

Laterals, no pause but kept tension on the whole time
    Red Band x 2 x 10

Pull Aparts, no pause but kept tension on the whole time
    Purple x 2 x 20

Static Holds
    Dbl Overhand - 335 x 10sec, 355 x 10sec
    Hook Grip - 355 x 2 x 10sec

alright day today considering i feel like dog **** and can barely talk. the pause benches were good, the first 1-2 reps fly off my chest. the weight hasnt moved in a couple weeks though, so i may deload next week, it's about time for a break and i'm going to miss next fri and sat's workout anyway.

2. Board Supporter
    Answers

Saturday 3/11/06

SLDL
    145 + red bands x 3 x 3
    165 + red bands x 3

first off let me say i hate being sick, i didnt go yesterday because i was ill, then i thought let me go today because i didnt go last week and i'm not going next week, well big mistake. but i did end up trying out the jsp and let me tell you that thing is NO JOKE!!! it will stop you quick. i doubled reds w/ 145 on the bar and it got to just above knee level and stopped dead in it's tracks. grip held, but bar didnt move. the owner of the gym was actually watching me and said you really gotta pull it fast for it to move. so i rigged something up so the bands were just singled over but there was barely any slack in the bands. this was a lot better. i probably could of pulled the bar with reds doubled but i really didnt warm up right, i have to figure out a way to warm up with this. plus the way the jsp is i'm about 2 maybe more inches off the ground, so getting down on the bar is a little harder then i'm used to. after these sets i was so beat i had to leave, my shirt was soaked and the sickness just drained me. next week is a week off and boy do i need it, my body is beat up.
  3. Board Supporter
    Answers

Monday 3/20/06

SSB 12" box squats w/ belt
    265 x 3
    265 x 3
    265 x 3(added light wrap)
    265 x 3(medium wrap)
    265 x 3(cranked those *****es down)

Leg Press
    600 x 20

Kettlebell swings
    2 arm in between legs 25 x 15
    1 arm outside legs, each arm 25 x 15(going to switch to 2 arms outside next week, dont like how it makes my ankle feel)

GHRs
    2 x 5

Crazy Scissor Ab Machine
    80 x 2 x 20

Ab/Adductors
    Red Band x 25

Seated Calf Raise
    155 x 2 x 12

well ladies today was definately not a walk in the park, first workout since a week and a half off of being sick, definately wasnt at 100% but of course me being me i was going balls to the wall the entire time. i'm definately going to feel it tommorrow, walking should be fun. i added some knee wraps just so i can get used to sitting back with these on, i had no intention of using them today but after the second set of me struggling to get 3 i figured why not. plus next week i'm going to do 2 arm outside of legs with the swings, the one arm makes me sit on the one side of my foot, kind of tweaks my ankle a little bit and considering i've sprained my right one 2 times i dont need anything bad to happen.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Answers

wednesday 3/22/06

Pause Bench
    235 x 2
    235 x 3
    235 x 2
    235 x 3

DB Hammer Grip Presses
    65 + purple x 2 x 6

Front Raises w/ pause
    Red Band x 2 x 10

Laterals w/ pause
    Red Band x 2 x 10

Pull Aparts w/ pause
    Purple x 2 x 10

Grip Work
    Rolling Thunder
    100 x 10 sec each hand
    110 x 10 sec each hand
    Hook Grip
    415 x 2 x 10sec

alright day today, first i forgot to do rotator work, going to have to do that on saturday, then it was time for bench, i had barely any leg drive probably due to the fact my legs are crazy sore from monday's squat session and i did them with comp grip not ring fingers on rings, brain was not there today. but i did use the rolling thunder for my grip work, definately an interesting little contraption, my right hand is stronger than my left, but i'll let my left catch up before i start adding weight to the right
  5. Board Supporter
    Answers

Friday 3/24/06

Deadlifts
    405x4x1
    415x1

45 Hypers
    Purple x 2 x 12

Reverse Hyper
    235 x 10
    235 x 7
    let the plates on the reverse hyper roll back over my right foot x 1

Standing Cable Abs
    100 x 2 x 20

Medium Grip Face Pulls
    210 x 2 x 6

Hammer Strength Low Row
    180 x 2 x 6

well i havent done this workout in literally a month and boy did it show tonight. the deads went good, actually my form was spot on the whole time, got my ass down no problem, just didnt want to go too heavy since i havent pulled in so long. but after the 45 hypers things were not easy, but then again i dont want it to be easy
  6. Board Supporter
    Answers

Saturday 3/25/06

3 Board Comp Grip
    245 x 5
    255 x 5

4 Board Comp Grip
    285 x 4
    285 x 5
    105 + purples doubled x 2 x 5

band tension kicked my ass today, i'm not surprised though, i havent done these in a month. plus arching over the 4" pvc is no problem anymore
  7. ktw
    Answers

My rack pulls and deads seem to be about the same as yours, but my squat and bench are far lower. Must be the monkey arms.
  8. Board Supporter
    Answers

my bench is horrible, that's my worst lift by far.
  9. ktw
    Answers

Same, it's quite pathetic for me. I mean I at least hit bodyweight easily, but still.
  10. Board Supporter
    Answers

Monday 3/27/06

SSB 14" Box Squats
    265 x 4 x 3
    275 x 3

Leg Press
    600 x 20

Kettlebell Swings
    2 arm in between legs 25 x 20
    2 arm outside of legs 25 x 10(almost puke city)

GHRs
    2 x 5

Low Decline Abs
    bw x 2 x 15(i'm so bad at these, so that means i'll be doing these a lot)

Seated Calves
    160 x 15
    165 x 15

Ab/Adductors
    Red Band x 25

light cardio
    30 min

pretty good day today. i did 2 arm outside the legs kettlebell swings and almost fell over and puked at the same time, it was great. also when i do the leg press i feel a slight pull right below my left cheek, not sure exactly what it is. any help?
  11. ktw
    Answers

Hook grip is with the thumbs tucked in right? Those are a ***** on my thumbnails. Do all competitive plers pull that way? I have never ever had a grip problem on deads as long as i chalk up.
  12. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    Hook grip is with the thumbs tucked in right? Those are a ***** on my thumbnails. Do all competitive plers pull that way? I have never ever had a grip problem on deads as long as i chalk up.
    it hurts like non other in the beginning, but you get used to it, every now and then i rip skin off my thumb, in fact i did it on friday. and not a lot of guys pull with hook grip, but some of the top pullers in the world use it, steve goggins is one of them. once you get it right, it takes a lot for your grip to fail. plus it knocks some inches off your pull, less strain on the bicep and a lot easier to set up. plus all the top dogs that pull hook swear by it. try to get used to it, but you have to be somewhat of a sick pup to get used to it.
  13. Board Supporter
    Answers

Now I feel bad.. thanks..

I just missed my first workout yesterday, cause of a *****in cold... and here you are working through it. I'm still sick, but I think I can get through a chest workout..

ANyway good lifting.
  14. Board Supporter
    Answers

Wednesday 3/29/06

Pause Bench ring fingers on rings
    235 x 4 x 3

DB Hammer Grip Presses w/ 2 sec pause
    70 + purple x 2 x 6

Laterals w/ pause
    Red Band x 2 x 10

Front Raises w/ pause
    Red Band x 2 x 10

Pull Aparts w/ pause
    Purple x 2 x 20

Grip Work
    Rolling Thunder
    110 x 2 x 10sec each hand(left hand went pop, probably should warm up next time)
    Static Holds Hook Grip
    445 x 10sec
    465 x 10sec

pretty good night tonight. weight on bench didnt go up, but i actually had the right grip and leg drive was on point. rolling thunder is no joke for grip work, my hand doesnt even come close to wrapping all the way around. i definately have to warm up next week, on both sets something in my left hand went pop, everything is fine it was just a little freaky. also my hook grip is on point now. in fact it's above my max dead now. i could of kept going up but a couple guys let me use the rack real quick, so i had to give it up. i'm definately going to see just how far i can go next week.
  15. Board Supporter
    Answers

Friday 3/31/06

SLDL
    145 + #2 band x 3
    165 + #2 x 2 x 3
    185 + #2 x 3

45 Hypers
    #3 band x 2 x 15

Reverse Hypers
    230 x 2 x 10

Standing Cable Abs
    100 x 20
    110 x 20

Medium Grip Face Pulls
    210 x 8
    220 x 6

Straight Bar Low Cable Rows
    wide overhand 210 x 6
    close underhand 210 x 6

EZ Curl Bar Curls
    65 x 8
    75 x 8

EZ Curl Bar Reverse Curls
    45 x 8
    55 x 8

Light Cardio
    30min

long day at the office today, i beat the living daylights out of my backside today. i was messing around with the band setup on the jsp, tried the #2's(reds) doubled over in the beginning and the end, but could only get it to right above the knee, so it's not too far off. other than that it was singled over but there was barely any slack in the band. i even tried the #3s(purples) this way but that got to about an inch below the knees. after toying around with that for an hour the hammies were fried. i was surprised i got 15 on both sets of the 45 hypers. i can get to about 12-13 now without rest pausing. and of course the reverse hyper killed me in the end, almost fell over 2xs and almost rolled the weights over my foot again 2xs(would of been a pr) also tried something new on the low cable rows, plus i've been neglecting bi work, so i figured i should start doing these again. well i'm fried now, was at the gym for 3 hours so it's time for a hot shower and some chicken salad.
  16. Board Supporter
    Answers

Saturday 4/1/06

3 Board Comp Grip
    255 x 5
    265 x 5

4 Board Comp Grip
    295 x 5
    305 x 5(first time ever had this weight in my hands, 4 board or not)
    135 + doubled #3's x 5
    145 + doubled #3's x 5

Sled Pullin
    Worked up to 225 x 50 yard passes front and back(forgot how much these work you)

damn good day at the gym today, weight felt very light today. the 265 off 3 board was easy, i was going to do another set but figured i'd save my energy for the 4 boards. hit 305 x 5 on the board, the 5th rep almost got out of control but i managed to save it, either way though, that's the first time i've had over 3 in my hands. plus it's a beautiful day out here so i brought out the gym's sled, drug it around the parking lot and was ready to pass out afterwards.
  17. Board Supporter
    Answers

Monday 4/3/06

SSB 14" Box Squats
    275 x 5 x 3

Leg Press
    650 x 20

Kettlebell Swings
    2 arm inside legs 25 x 20
    2 arm outside legs each arm 25 x 12

GHRs 6th hole up
    2 x 5

GHR Abs
    2 x 10(felt way too unstable with these, i'll try them one more time and if it doesnt feel better that's it)

Seated Calves
    180 x 2 x 12

Ab/Adductors
    #2 band x 25

Light Cardio
    30min

Had zero energy in the gym today, but still plugged through it all. i moved the ghr up to the 6th hole up but my ankles kept turning in, basically toes were pointed out, dont know why this was happening but have to try and keep my feet straight next time. plus i turned around and did some abs on the ghr, i dont know if it was me being out of energy or what, but these just felt like i was going to bust my ass.
  18. Board Supporter
    Answers

Wendesday 3/5/06

Bench Comp Grip
    275 x MISS
    275 x MISS
    255 x 1
    265 x MISS

DB Hammer Grip Presses
    70 + #3 Band x 6
    75 + #3 x 6

Laterals w/ pause
    #2 band x 2 x 10

Front Raises w/ pause
    #2 band x 2 x 10

Pull Aparts w/ pause
    #3 band x 2 x 20

Grip Work
    Rolling Thunder
    110 x 10sec x each hand
    115 x 8sec x each hand
    Hook Grip Static Hold
    485 x 10sec
    505 x 15sec

horrible day for benching today. setup was good, leg drive was good, blew up off my chest, then hit ~3board height and stopped dead in it's tracks. my max hasnt moved up in some time now. getting really annoying, i was not happy after i missed the 265. other than that my hook grip is on point, i held the 505 like it was nothing, probably could of went to 20 sec but people were waiting for the rack. i'm definately going to max out next week on this. gets kind of hard because the bar bends so much the bar is maybe an inch off the pins. i'm going to have to either move the pins down or step on some plates. when they say once you get the hook grip right it's hard to lose your grip, they are very right.
  19. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    horrible day for benching today. setup was good, leg drive was good, blew up off my chest, then hit ~3board height and stopped dead in it's tracks. my max hasnt moved up in some time now. getting really annoying, i was not happy after i missed the 265. other than that my hook grip is on point, i held the 505 like it was nothing, probably could of went to 20 sec but people were waiting for the rack. i'm definately going to max out next week on this. gets kind of hard because the bar bends so much the bar is maybe an inch off the pins. i'm going to have to either move the pins down or step on some plates. when they say once you get the hook grip right it's hard to lose your grip, they are very right.
    Let them wait.
  20. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah
    Let them wait.
    haha i workout at a hardcore gym, and we only have 2 power racks so doing static holds in them is almost like curling in a rack. plus the guys that were waiting are some of the top dogs in the gym, so me being the low man on the totem pole i had to step aside
  21. Board Supporter
    Answers

haha i workout at a hardcore gym, and we only have 2 power racks so doing static holds in them is almost like curling in a rack. plus the guys that were waiting are some of the top dogs in the gym, so me being the low man on the totem pole i had to step aside
    I hear ya now.. sorry bro..

We got one squat rack, and last night I had to wait 15 minutes to start my routine cause some teenager was doing behind the back wrist curls with bar weight only for 4 or 5 sets..

WTF is that?

**** happens.
  22. ktw
    Answers

Dude, the wrist curl bastards always take up the benches at my gym like that. I love frustrating people on max squat days when I use our one rack forever. I like answering the 'how many sets do you have left' question with 'i dunno maybe 3 maybe 15 who knows.
  23. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah
    I hear ya now.. sorry bro..

We got one squat rack, and last night I had to wait 15 minutes to start my routine cause some teenager was doing behind the back wrist curls with bar weight only for 4 or 5 sets..

WTF is that?

**** happens.
    dont be sorry, you didnt do anything wrong

and what happened to you is exactly why i love working out at my new gym, it's owned by a retired world strongest man competitor and highland games competitor, so there is a good number of powerlifters/strongmen/olympic lifters in there. the curling dumbasses stay on the other side of the gym, they normally get scared when they see us with weight on our back. and you just have to keep asking the guy who was doing wrist curls "how many sets do you have left?" and do what i used to do, park your ass right there staring at him the whole time till he leaves. it's great.
  24. Board Supporter
    Answers

Dude, the wrist curl bastards always take up the benches at my gym like that. I love frustrating people on max squat days when I use our one rack forever. I like answering the 'how many sets do you have left' question with 'i dunno maybe 3 maybe 15 who knows.
    i used to do that all the time, it's great
  25. ktw
    Answers

Hey this is a question that doesn't have to do so much with your log but I think you can help me answer. I wanna keep squatting in some way for my next 3 week lift cycle. I was wondering how you think super wide and deep front squats would work. I know they would involve a little more quads, but i was thinking if you go wide enough and still sit back they could work. My gym doesn't have all the different bars so I'm trying to think of variations.
  26. Board Supporter
    Answers

Hey this is a question that doesn't have to do so much with your log but I think you can help me answer. I wanna keep squatting in some way for my next 3 week lift cycle. I was wondering how you think super wide and deep front squats would work. I know they would involve a little more quads, but i was thinking if you go wide enough and still sit back they could work. My gym doesn't have all the different bars so I'm trying to think of variations.
    i honeslty cant remember if i've ever seen a powerlifter do front squats. my squats are normally wider than shoulder width, but i've seen some crazy wide squats. if you're looking for something to do that will work the living daylights out of your legs do:

1set x 20(put as much weight so you get to 12 without stopping, then do the rest at 2-whatever at a time)
    2sets x 5 reps of zercher squats(kind of like a front squat, start with the bar on the pins and explode up, but you have to make sure you are below parallel when the bar is sitting on the pins)

or if the 20 reppers scare you, do what i'm doing now,

5 x 3 box squats 1" below parallel
    1 x 20 on the leg press right after.

those are 2 choices you could do, oh and all squats should be done below parallel
  27. ktw
    Answers

I already squat an inch below parallel on the box with my feet so wide they touch the edges of the power rack. I just read something Tate had said a while back about taking the bar off of the back for a while in order to let the CNS recover since the heavy weight on the spine can be taxing after a while.
  28. Board Supporter
    Answers

Friday 4/7/06

Deads
    415 x 1(barely)
    415 x 0(not even close)
    405 x 1
    405 x 0(about as close as me pulling 800)
    365 x 1 + chunk of flesh

45 Hypers
    #3 band x 2 x 15

Reverse Hyper
    235 x 9
    235 x 8

Standing Cable Abs
    110 x 2 x 20

Medium Grip Face Pulls
    220 x 2 x 6

Wide Grip Seated Rows
    220 x 2 x 6

Ez Curls
    75 x 8
    85 x 6

Reverse Curls w/ Ez Curl Bar
    55 x 8
    65 x 8

Sled Pullin
    245 x 50 yards front and back

horrible day for pullin. the 415 felt like a max pull, then the second time it got a couple inches if that off the ground and that was it. so i decided to drop down to 405 and maybe go back up again, well the 405 felt just as heavy as the 415, then i tried 405 again and it was the same as the missed 415. so me being the good pupil i am decided to drop down in weight so i can finish the 5 reps, so i dropped down to 365 and up she went(not easy i might add) and i ripped a nice chunk of flesh off my left thumb, guess i wont be maxing out on my hook grip static holds tommorrow. plus i think i'm overtraining on the reverse hypers, the weight hasnt gone up in a while and they are actually feeling heavier and heavier each week. dont know what the deal is with my deads but the single pulls have been feeling extra heavy the past couple times. going to have to consult with the local gymologist about this. other than that the mere flesh wound made the rest of my workout quite interesting, thank goodness for straps. also pulled the sled again since it was a beautiful night, man did i miss that thing, i'm going to have to start putting the 100lb plates on it soon.
  29. Board Supporter
    Answers

Saturday 4/8/06

3 board
    265 x 4
    275 x 3(paused)

4 board paused
    285 x 3
    275 x 4
    135 + dbl #3's x 3
    135 + dbl #3's x 4

light cardio
    20 min

good workout today, weights and reps were all over the place since i am starting to pause on the boards instead of touch and go. had to feel where i was at plus my thumb felt like it was going to explode, so i stopped messing with the weights because i didnt feel like keep grabbing the bar.
  30. Board Supporter
    Answers

Monday 4/10/06

Squats w/ belt and wraps
    345 x 5
    335 x 5

Pause Squats w/ belt
    255 x 2 x 5

Kettlebell Swings
    squat stance inside legs 25 x 15
    deadlift stance outside legs 25 each hand x 12(could of gotten 15 but i looked at my form in the mirror to my side and lost all balance, almost did a face plant, it was fun)

Decline Abs
    25 x 8
    30 x 8

Adductor
    #2 band x 25

Abductor
    #3 band x 25

Calves
    170 x 12
    170 x 15

Light Cardio
    30min

pretty good workout today, first time under the bar in 2 months, first couple reps on the 345 were at or below parallel, but the last couple were a tad high. so i dropped weight down so i could make sure all 5 were at or under parallel. other than that no more squatting or kettlebell swings in deadlift shoes, feel like i'm going to roll my ankle and considering i've sprained the same one twice already i'm not risking it, plus a guy at the gym said he used to have the same problem. going to have to order some chucks tommorrow.
  31. ktw
    Answers

What shoes do you use to deadlift?
  32. Board Supporter
    Answers

asics wrestling shoes
  33. Board Supporter
    Answers

wendesday 4/12/06

Pause 2 board
    245 x 3
    255 x 3
    265 x 3

Paused Floor Presses w/ Fat Bar
    190 x 5
    200 x 5

Push Presses
    85 x 10
    95 x 10

Low Cable Fly Thingies
    30 x 25

Pull Aparts
    #4 band x 2 x 20

Light Cardio
    30min

damn good day for benchin today. i probably should of maxed out today and not last week. i hit 265 with a nice long 2 count x 3 off a 2 board, could of went to 275 but that was my 4th set and i wanted to save some energy for the other stuff. plus the fat bar is definately interesting, not as easy to control as a regular bar. it was all over the place the first couple times
  34. Board Supporter
    Answers

wendesday 4/12/06

Pause 2 board
    245 x 3
    255 x 3
    265 x 3

Paused Floor Presses w/ Fat Bar
    190 x 5
    200 x 5

Push Presses
    85 x 10
    95 x 10

Low Cable Fly Thingies
    30 x 25

Pull Aparts
    #4 band x 2 x 20

Light Cardio
    30min

damn good day for benchin today. i probably should of maxed out today and not last week. i hit 265 with a nice long 2 count x 3 off a 2 board, could of went to 275 but that was my 4th set and i wanted to save some energy for the other stuff. plus the fat bar is definately interesting, not as easy to control as a regular bar. it was all over the place the first couple times

Nice to see you had a good chest workout... Hopefully you can string a bunch of them together.

Questions: In regards to the hook grip.. I haven't tried it yet, but I will have to soon...

Is there a way to train the thumbs to take the abuse, or do you just gota start doing them?

When you say big chunk of skin? HOw much skin are you talking about?

Does it hurt? lol
  35. Board Supporter
    Answers

you just have to do it, and yes it hurts and hurts bad in the beginning, i got beelze to try it out for a while and he gave up

and chunk of skin i'm referring to about 3-4 layers from where my thumb meets my palm to where the knuckle is, the skin grows back quick though. i should be ready to go for friday.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

yup, hook grip is for masochists only. pussies like me need not apply.
  37. Board Supporter
    Answers

tingle tingle goes the thumbs
  38. Board Supporter
    Answers

Fri"smoke the backside"day 4/14/06

SLDL on JSP
    195 + #2band x 3
    215 + #2 x 2 x 3
    225 + #2 x 3

45 Hypers
    #3 band x 2 x 15

GHR
    bw x aint gonna happen

Standing Cable Abs
    110 x 2 x 20

Medium Grip Face Pulls
    140 x 20

Wide Grip Seated Cable Rows
    140 x 20

EzCurls
    85 x 6
    75 x 8

Reverse EzCurls
    65 x 2 x 8

Light Cardio
    30min

well definately spanked my backside today. i tried to double the #2s but it got to knee level and stopped dead in it's tracks. so just going to have to keep increasing weight and trying. also tried doing ghrs after i did the 45 hypers but my hamstrings told me otherwise. so next time i pull against bands either i'll do the ghrs before or not do them at all. i even waited till everything was done and went back and tried again, only got 3.
  39. Board Supporter
    Answers

Saturday 4/15/06

Paused 3 Board
    275 x 2 x 5

Paused 4 Board
    295 x 5
    305 x 5
    135 + #3band dbld x 5
    155 + #3 dbld x 5

with all the talk about flat footed i figured i'd give it a go again. before i had my feet out, this time i tucked my feet just enough so my heels were a hair off the ground, so when i pushed with my legs my heels touched the ground, definately got more leg drive out of it. going to see how it goes on wed for bottom end day.
  40. Board Supporter
    Answers

Monday4/17/06

Squats w/ belt and wraps
    345 x 2 x 5

Pause Squats raw no belt
    255 x 2 x 5

Kettlebell Swings
    inside legs 25 x 15
    outside legs 25 each hand x 15

Decline Abs
    35 x 2 x 7

Abductors
    #3 band x 25

Adductors
    #2 band x 25

Calf Raises
    170 x 2 x to failure

Sled Pullin
    215 + sled x 50 yards forward
    215 + sled x 50 yards backward

decent day today, hurt my arm/tricep when i was holding the bar on squats. dont know what's up with it. but the pain shoots down my arm.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 02:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 02:03 PM
  3. Workout Log in Word Format
    By Matthew D in forum Exercise Science