Bench and milk, minus the milk.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Recently stumbled upon the squats and milk program and as my bench has not only been stalled for a while I also need to have it take a back seat as leg training, cardio, and conditioning have taken priority for the foreseeable future. As a result I've decided to try this odd program out and see what happens. Seen claims that you'll be able to do your previous 5RM for a set of 20 or close to it. That would put me at around 345 which seems high. I'll be happy with 315 for 20 as the most I've ever hit with that was 15. I think the results will be close to that of the original squat routine if not the same or better. Reasons for this thought process is although bench involves less muscle groups and muscle groups that are not as strong as the leg muscles, bench does recover the quickest out of the big three lifts, and even more so if you use a closer grip and are a smaller lifter. First day today with 205 for 1x20. Felt like I may have been able to hit 25+ but kept the reps at 20. For those who are unfamiliar with the program, you take 50-60% of your 1RM and do 1x20 three days a week adding 5 lbs each session.