Steve Vitale's 365 Days of Fitness

Vitale17

Awards
Introduction: My names Steve, and today marks the last day of having a "regular" life. A life of eating whatever, Drinking whatever, and working out however I want. For tomorrow marks the start of operation "bad motherf*****".

About me: For more than half my life, I was extremely overweight. My max was 298lbs of pure fat with zero muscle. I've been going to the gym since I was 15 years old, but as serious as I like to think I was, I never committed 100%. Over the course of time, between being part of the track and field team, and a heart break that sent me into starvation (I was a stupid love sick 18 year old) I managed to get my weight down to 153lbs. As syked as I thought I was about being 153lbs...I still looked like a**, and felt like a** because of the loose skin and no muscle that I was left with. At that point I got kind of serious and bulked up to 180 or so, and started to have a physique that I was starting to feel good about. However, life hit me again with a full time job that killed me, a fiance, and a child. All of which caused me to take a break from the gym for a year and a half. Fast forward to the end of that year and a half, and I failed the police entrance physical exam, me and my fiance separated, I got laid off from work, and I have split right down the middle custody with my child. All in all, other then the blessing of my child, I felt like I've hit rock bottom in my life. So I've decided to take life by the horns and do something about it.

Goal: Become a bad motherf*****, Pass the police physical exam, improve my health ten fold, and become someone my child will be proud of to have as a role model..... I'm giving myself 365 days to leave it all on the table and enter myself into either a physique competition or a boxing match/cage fight, why a fight? to see what I'm truly made of. Will I get my a** beat? yeah, more than likely, but all the more incentive to train harder.

-I'm grabbing a go pro in the next month, and will be documenting myself with video, and posting on here everyday throughout my advancement towards my goals. I'm working with a friend of mine, Tom DiLella, who himself competes in a variety of male physique competitions. He is providing me with meal prep, and diet knowledge, along with workout routines to follow that changes every month. In addition I will be taking privet boxing, and privet Brazilian jiu jitsu lessons every week.

also for a fun addition, I'll attempt to learn a new language or two over the course of the year. Italian and either Russian or Spanish.

Supps used: Pre workout, Multivitamin, and protein powder... Nothing crazy, just the basics.

Tomorrow marks the start, You'll get my workout and my diet for the day... Stay tuned!, cooking this weeks meals after I hit submit.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Similar story to mine and many others on this board. Always motivating to see people taking charge. I know life has hit you hard, it hits us all hard at times, and I am glad to see you plan to hit back even harder. Just get started, and just keep going!

Vitale17

Awards
Well ... Day ones a bust as far as the gym goes, currently in the waiting room of a hospital ...

But here's my meals for the day so far

Meal 1:
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup oats
Banana

Meal 2:
Apple
Mixed nuts

Meal 3:
4-6 oz chicken
1 serving brown rice
Asparagus

.... Still need to eat 2 more meals for the day, which will be :

Meal: 4
Protein shake

Meal: 5
4-6 oz fish
1 serving Brown rice
A veggie

Vitale17

Awards
Workout today :
Bench- 4 sets of 8
Incline- 4 sets of 8
Superset 1: 4 sets: Db bench 6 reps/ Db chest flys 12 reps
Superset2: 4 sets: Cable Flys 12 reps/ Pushups: as many as you can
Cardio- 15 mins
Stretch

Meals:
Meal 1 when you wake
1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup oats and medium banana

Meal 2 2-3 hours later
Small Apple and nuts

Meal 3 2-3 hours later
4-6 oz chicken or fish, salad or some type greens, sweet potato or 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 4 2-3 hours later
Same thing as snack before or you could do a shake

Meal 5 still need to eat

Meal 5 2-3 hours later
4-6 oz of chicken or fish , salad or some type of greens, you can do carbs just keep them low being your last meal

Vitale17

Awards
Meals : the same as yesterday

Workout:
Bent over row - 4 sets of 8
Superset1- 4 sets: Lat pulldown 6 reps/ single arm db row 12 reps
Superset 2- 4 sets: Seated cable row 12 reps/ Pullups: as many as you can
Core- 3-4 sets do each for 30 seconds then switch
Crunches/Mountain climbers /Russian Twists
Stretch!!!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still here V? I'm subbing to your quest! Congrats on your weight loss! Admirable!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pics or it never happened ! Subbing.

Vitale17

Awards
Yeah guys still here haha sorry, let the thred escape me... Still hacking away on a daily basis, although the diet has also escaped me a few times

Currently weighing in at 190lbs , I've lost around 30 since January, hard to tell how strength is compared to when I started this form of training do to the workouts changing every two weeks

Clothes I never fit in have become loose and I'm starting to take decent shape

Here's a pic, I know it's just an arm but I've never liked taking pics of myself and this is my first official gym pic so cut me some slack haha

image-202409615.jpg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good, nice ink too!

Ah, and for your plan to learn a new language, I will test your progress from time to time.
If it has to be two languages, I would choose Italian and Spanish, or Spanish and Portuguese, because of the similarity.
Russian, hahaha, well THAT is another shoe. Just reading and writing is like a gender change.

I speak German, English, Spanish and Portuguese. My Russian got lost after studying- but never using it.