Two day work out routine Ideas?

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Work shift work and have a family and kids I want to be huge. Have been sort of doing a upper body day and lower body day. Is that good or any ideas I get at the best on a couple weeks three days to lift other than that I only get 2 days. Need serious help. And I googled my hands off tring to find a simple or a routine to start with or anything

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Work shift work and have a family and kids I want to be huge. Have been sort of doing a upper body day and lower body day. Is that good or any ideas I get at the best on a couple weeks three days to lift other than that I only get 2 days. Need serious help. And I googled my hands off tring to find a simple or a routine to start with or anything
Are the two days split up or usually consecutive? And how much time do you have to work out on these days? I've got no experience to go off of here, but if out in your situation I'd probably do two full body days. One for heavy compounds and one more for hypertrophy. Would need fairly long sessions though and having them split up would be preferred.

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Yeah I can split them with About two days between them. I normally stay in there for about 1 hour but if I need to be I can stay more. Just get burnt out with the sets I was doing. Was doing a 15 rep 10 rep and 5 rep for 5 sets on all workouts. And not gaining size just burning out like crazy so I am wanting to change something up to get bigger

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I can split them with About two days between them. I normally stay in there for about 1 hour but if I need to be I can stay more. Just get burnt out with the sets I was doing. Was doing a 15 rep 10 rep and 5 rep for 5 sets on all workouts. And not gaining size just burning out like crazy so I am wanting to change something up to get bigger
I'd say try out a heavy compound day doing 3 or 4 sets of 5-6. Bench/incline, standing overhead press, pull-ups, rows, squats, deads etc. Then for the other day do more volume with higher rep sets and more isolations.

cyrix

cyrix

Awards
If I only had 2 days I'd squat, power clean , flat db bench day one @ 80 - 95 percent of my 1rm and squat, deadlift, and push press on day 2 at Same percentage add accessory work day two if I felt the need. All at 1-3 reps for 10-15 sets.

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Ok my whole confusion with everything is. I want to get big. Like really freakish. Big. What is the reps I need and amount of sets. I know your isolation excersises are high reps. But I am saying like my bench and military press I have been doing 15 reps add 10# then doing 10 reps add another 10. Then doing 5 reps with another 10 added on the weight. Doing that set up 5 times. I get burnt fast. Or should I just be doing the 4 sets of 8-12 and add weight if I get all the reps ?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok my whole confusion with everything is. I want to get big. Like really freakish. Big. What is the reps I need and amount of sets. I know your isolation excersises are high reps. But I am saying like my bench and military press I have been doing 15 reps add 10# then doing 10 reps add another 10. Then doing 5 reps with another 10 added on the weight. Doing that set up 5 times. I get burnt fast. Or should I just be doing the 4 sets of 8-12 and add weight if I get all the reps ?
Different people respond to different types of training, you'll just have to experiment. If you read my post above I outlined the rep ranges a bit. I'd do the heavy compound day with sets of 4-6. Id start with three working sets for each since you will be doing a lot of different movements given your schedule. The isolation day I'd go 8-12 rep range with less time for rest between sets. Amount of sets for each exercise during this workout could vary depending on how many different exercises you are doing.

Edit - your burnout sets are fine for your high volume day as well if you like them. I personally wouldn't do them on the heavy compound day though.