1x5x95
    1x3x95
    1x14x105

Had to rush so...

Pull-ups
    5x5
    Superset with push-ups
    5x15

Quick day. Not too bad, excited for this week. Raisin that TM!

2. Going to have to bench this week without a spot, so I may not be able to push it as far as I'd like unless I can find someone around the gym who knows what they're doing.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Going to have to bench this week without a spot, so I may not be able to push it as far as I'd like unless I can find someone around the gym who knows what they're doing.
    I freaking hate that. Just be sure to give specific instructions on what you want in a hand off.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

4. 8's wave Realization phase

Warm up
    Agile 8

Squats
    3x5x45
    1x5x135
    2x3x185
    1x2x225
    1x12x245

These felt awesome, I was able to get very low and very explosive with these, I'd honestly put my max somewhere around 350 right now, which for this soon after an injury, is pretty ****ing solid. Once I hit a clean 425 lb single, I'll set another competition date so I can qualify for USPA nationals this year. The back feels really good though. So i think this was a perfect program for a comeback.

Russian curls
    5x6xbodyweight

Standing calf raises
    3x20x135

Then I just rolled and stretched a bit, I was worn down.

On a seperate note, I got into a sort of confrontation with some guys. They tried taking my collars as we were loading up. Claiming they had the bar before us so they were theirs. Chased em off but the best part was, my girlfriend got all pissed off (all 106 pounds of her) and yelled at The two guys, demanding they give her "clippies" back. She got all fired up and saw them mean mugging in the mirror, she then proceeded to hit her first ever double bodyweight squat (for 3 ****ing reps) all in an attempt to out squat the douchebags who took her "clippies" haha.

5. Awesome stuff here, man! Keep up the good work. Gotta get you competing and qualified!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

6. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Awesome stuff here, man! Keep up the good work. Gotta get you competing and qualified!
    Thanks man I'm itching to compete again. I'm thinking February will be the time. I should have a class II total by then.

7. Took a rest day. No martial arts no lifting no conditioning. Just quality time with a lax ball and a bottle of G'Vine.

Going to bench tomorrow, my goal is 14 reps at 190 lbs. I'll try to find a spotter who can accommodate that.

8. 8's wave realization phase

Warm up
    Med ball throws 3x3

Bench
    2x15x45
    2x5x135
    1x2x155
    1x2x165
    1x13x190

Very close to my goal. Spotter had to tip it off me. He did well.

Nose breakers
    1x100x25 lbs

DB shoulder press
    5x10x50 lbs

Lateral raises
    3x15x15

9. New adjusted training maxes for the 5's wave will be:

Military press 140#
    Bench 252.5#
    Squat 315#

I really want to bump the squat up, but I'm going to finish the program as its written and let my back feel perfect before raising it up again. After this program (9more weeks) ill test my maxes and start fresh on 5/3/1. Although I'm honestly loving the juggernaut method. So I may repeat again. We'll see, I just don't think it leaves me with enough low rep work to be ready for a competition. I feel more athletic then ever though.

Wouldn't mind some input on which program to run next.

10. I only read the first book once, and it was awhile ago. Does it leave room to maybe throw in a joker set in occasion, or even just do an overloading exercise as an assistance movement?

I had the same issue with 5/3/1 at first. Then I switched to 3/5/1 where every other week(not including deloads) you at least hit a training max. On top of that if you are up to it you can hit joker sets. I've only hit joker sets once just as a little heavier tester to gauge openers for a comp.

Those two paragraphs aside, if your 1 rep maxes go up when tested I'd say it is working pretty good, maybe just tweak it. 5/3/1 is solid though if you want a switch. It is stupid simple for me, who can be simply stupid.
    Training Log
    •   

11. CWS talks a bit about how I add in some heavier work. Basically on week 2 of each wave your tossing in an extra high percentage set, but it still would mean that In a 12 week time frame I'd only pull two sets above 90%. Which may be fine I'm not sure.

12. Warm up

Deadlifts from 1" deficit
    2x5x135
    1x2x185
    1x2x225
    1x1x275
    2x1x295
    2x1x315
    2x1x335

These were great. Heaviest in what feels like forever.

Cable rows
    5x10x200

Preacher curl machine
    1x100x20

Shrugs
    3x15x135

13. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    CWS talks a bit about how I add in some heavier work. Basically on week 2 of each wave your tossing in an extra high percentage set, but it still would mean that In a 12 week time frame I'd only pull two sets above 90%. Which may be fine I'm not sure.
    Yea if you read the pros some guys go super heavy a lot and some guys say they train at like 80% for the most part. Really hard to tell I guess until we all try.
    Training Log

14. Just deloading this week I may or may not update. Barely lifting lots of eating.

15. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Barely lifting lots of eating.
    Living the dream, I see!
    Training log:

16. Interesting approach. I am a volume guy too, who likes to stay really conditioned as well.

Sub'd.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

17. It's not my usual approach. I enjoy hitting 8 sets then going home and pounding back poptarts. But i love how athletic I feel lately, so I may stick with this for a while. Not sure.

Welcome though!

18. Deep fried turducken is on the menu tomorrow. So very excited.

19. Warm up
    Agile 8

Deadlifts
    6x5x225

Bb rows
    3x20x115

Shrugs DB
    5x10x90

DB curls
    2x15x30

Those deadlifts are tough. I was supposed to go a bit heavier on em, but I'm bad at sleep right now so I went light. Still tough though.

I'm not sure what was going on but I just couldn't seem to get the bar close, it just drifted with every rep. I think my head just wasn't there today.

20. Cycle 1 Accumulation phase 5's wave

Plyo push-ups 6x2
    Warm up

Strict OHP
    5x5@100#
    1x11@100#

Pull-ups
    5x5@my own fatass

Hammer strength incline presses
    5x10@230#

Lateral raises DB
    5x20@15#

21. Pull-ups suck āss. They make me feel fat too.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Pull-ups suck āss. They make me feel fat too.
    I see guys hanging 45's from there waist and bangin out ungodly numbers and I die a little inside. Then I remember how good cheesecake is and the pain goes away. I really just need to work on my vertical pulling, it's all around pretty lacking but lat pulldowns just don't seem to be cutting it.

23. I think I've asked this before but is there a method to posting videos without YouTube?

24. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    I see guys hanging 45's from there waist and bangin out ungodly numbers and I die a little inside. Then I remember how good cheesecake is and the pain goes away. I really just need to work on my vertical pulling, it's all around pretty lacking but lat pulldowns just don't seem to be cutting it.
    I just started chin-ups. They used to be harder, but now I find that they're easier. Either way, they all suck.
    [email protected]

25. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

I just started chin-ups. They used to be harder, but now I find that they're easier. Either way, they all suck.
    Chin-ups have always been way easier for me. But yes, man was not meant to pull himself up over things.

26. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Chin-ups have always been way easier for me. But yes, man was not meant to pull himself up over things.
    Sure he was, lol. There's rock climbing, for one, and it's an awesome activity.

I actually did it recently at this course without using a harness. Surprisingly much easier to do than pullups.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

27. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Sure he was, lol. There's rock climbing, for one, and it's an awesome activity. I actually did it recently at this course without using a harness. Surprisingly much easier to do than pullups.
    My wife and I were into "bouldering" for a while. Chicks with yoga pants fûcking everywhere. I loved it. It wrecks your forearms! Because of holding on..not because I beat off to the yoga pants later that night..
    [email protected]

28. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    It wrecks your forearms! Because of holding on..not because I beat off to the yoga pants later that night..
    You don't have to lie, Sean. You're among friends here.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

29. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

My wife and I were into "bouldering" for a while. Chicks with yoga pants fûcking everywhere. I loved it. It wrecks your forearms! Because of holding on..not because I beat off to the yoga pants later that night..
    You really couldn't have set yourself up any worse than that. Proofreading, my friend!
    Training log:

30. Haha!!

I do love bouldering and climbing though. Used to be my thing when I lived in Utah. I should plan it out for my Deload weeks.

Similar Forum Threads

1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 04:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 04:03 PM
  3. Workout Log in Word Format
    By Matthew D in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12