PumpHouses Juggernaut Log

Page 2 of 25 First 1234 ... Last

  1. CWS talks a bit about how I add in some heavier work. Basically on week 2 of each wave your tossing in an extra high percentage set, but it still would mean that In a 12 week time frame I'd only pull two sets above 90%. Which may be fine I'm not sure.


  2. Warm up

    Deadlifts from 1" deficit
    2x5x135
    1x2x185
    1x2x225
    1x1x275
    2x1x295
    2x1x315
    2x1x335

    These were great. Heaviest in what feels like forever.

    Cable rows
    5x10x200

    Preacher curl machine
    1x100x20

    Shrugs
    3x15x135

  3. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    CWS talks a bit about how I add in some heavier work. Basically on week 2 of each wave your tossing in an extra high percentage set, but it still would mean that In a 12 week time frame I'd only pull two sets above 90%. Which may be fine I'm not sure.
    Yea if you read the pros some guys go super heavy a lot and some guys say they train at like 80% for the most part. Really hard to tell I guess until we all try.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a animal, think like a human"-RTS
    •   
       


  4. Just deloading this week I may or may not update. Barely lifting lots of eating.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Barely lifting lots of eating.
    Living the dream, I see!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  6. Interesting approach. I am a volume guy too, who likes to stay really conditioned as well.

    Sub'd.
    "The Iron never lies to you."~Henry Rollins
    "People have to get away from the dogma that it's all free weights or all machines. They can have sex. You can do both."~Dave Tate

  7. It's not my usual approach. I enjoy hitting 8 sets then going home and pounding back poptarts. But i love how athletic I feel lately, so I may stick with this for a while. Not sure.

    Welcome though!

  8. Deep fried turducken is on the menu tomorrow. So very excited.

  9. Warm up
    Agile 8

    Deadlifts
    6x5x225

    Bb rows
    3x20x115

    Shrugs DB
    5x10x90

    DB curls
    2x15x30

    Those deadlifts are tough. I was supposed to go a bit heavier on em, but I'm bad at sleep right now so I went light. Still tough though.

    I'm not sure what was going on but I just couldn't seem to get the bar close, it just drifted with every rep. I think my head just wasn't there today.

  10. Cycle 1 Accumulation phase 5's wave

    Plyo push-ups 6x2
    Warm up

    Strict OHP
    5x5@100#
    1x11@100#

    Pull-ups
    5x5@my own fatass

    Hammer strength incline presses
    5x10@230#

    Lateral raises DB
    5x20@15#

  11. Pull-ups suck āss. They make me feel fat too.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Pull-ups suck āss. They make me feel fat too.
    I see guys hanging 45's from there waist and bangin out ungodly numbers and I die a little inside. Then I remember how good cheesecake is and the pain goes away. I really just need to work on my vertical pulling, it's all around pretty lacking but lat pulldowns just don't seem to be cutting it.

  13. I think I've asked this before but is there a method to posting videos without YouTube?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    I see guys hanging 45's from there waist and bangin out ungodly numbers and I die a little inside. Then I remember how good cheesecake is and the pain goes away. I really just need to work on my vertical pulling, it's all around pretty lacking but lat pulldowns just don't seem to be cutting it.
    I just started chin-ups. They used to be harder, but now I find that they're easier. Either way, they all suck.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    I just started chin-ups. They used to be harder, but now I find that they're easier. Either way, they all suck.
    Chin-ups have always been way easier for me. But yes, man was not meant to pull himself up over things.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Chin-ups have always been way easier for me. But yes, man was not meant to pull himself up over things.
    Sure he was, lol. There's rock climbing, for one, and it's an awesome activity.

    I actually did it recently at this course without using a harness. Surprisingly much easier to do than pullups.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Sure he was, lol. There's rock climbing, for one, and it's an awesome activity. I actually did it recently at this course without using a harness. Surprisingly much easier to do than pullups.
    My wife and I were into "bouldering" for a while. Chicks with yoga pants fûcking everywhere. I loved it. It wrecks your forearms! Because of holding on..not because I beat off to the yoga pants later that night..
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    It wrecks your forearms! Because of holding on..not because I beat off to the yoga pants later that night..
    You don't have to lie, Sean. You're among friends here.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    My wife and I were into "bouldering" for a while. Chicks with yoga pants fûcking everywhere. I loved it. It wrecks your forearms! Because of holding on..not because I beat off to the yoga pants later that night..
    You really couldn't have set yourself up any worse than that. Proofreading, my friend!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

  20. Haha!!


    I do love bouldering and climbing though. Used to be my thing when I lived in Utah. I should plan it out for my Deload weeks.

  21. Cycle 1 5's wave Accumukation phase


    Alright this was a bad one today.

    Warm up fine
    Agile 8 fine

    Squats
    2x10x45 fine
    1x5x135 fine
    1x5x185 fine
    1x3x225 lower back hurt like hell
    1x5x225 with belt no pain at all
    1x5x225 no belt hurt again
    1x3x225 with belt and it was hurting terribly

    I really thought everything was going so well. It was just awful. I have a feeling all the work I did at my desk, sitting, really tired out my lower back so just didn't have the spinal support. Idk. I'm pissed but hopefully it was just a fluke.

    Leg press
    5x10x450

    Standing cable crunches
    3x10xlight

    Planks
    2x30 secs x 45

    Calf raises with BB
    3x20x185

    I'm frustrated. The volume I did on the deadlift days ago could have just beat me up to bad. So idk, anyone got any thoughts?


    Side note: Just watched Chris Bell's new doc "Trophy Kids" on HBO. It's awesome. Watch it.

  22. How does it hurt? I'd imagine you shoulda recovered by then
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  23. That's what I thought too.

    It's a shooting pain at the base of my spine. Right at the top of my crack.

  24. Cycle 1 5's wave Accumulation phase

    Warm up
    Shoulder dislocations
    Lax ball mashing

    Bench
    2x20x45
    1x10x95
    1x5x135
    2x2x155
    5x5x180
    1x9x180

    Fat grip barbell rows
    5x10x135 yikes!

    Klokov
    3x8x95

    Rope push downs
    1x100x20

    BB dead holds (posture work) underhand*
    2x25 secs x 225

    Back felt fine today, hopefully yesterday was just a fluke. But my sleep has been a problem lately so that's something I need to be more careful of. It really wrecks my recovery.

    Going to mash the hell out of my back tonight.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post

    Back felt fine today, hopefully yesterday was just a fluke. But my sleep has been a problem lately so that's something I need to be more careful of. It really wrecks my recovery.
    Glad to hear kiddo

  26. That over the counter ZzQuil can help out if sometimes you have trouble sleeping. I wouldn't use it nightly, but here and there it could be a cheap fix.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a animal, think like a human"-RTS

  27. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    That over the counter ZzQuil can help out if sometimes you have trouble sleeping. I wouldn't use it nightly, but here and there it could be a cheap fix.
    Honestly it's not treatable. I've tried the heavy prescription meds. Nothing's worked. So at this point it's just about dealing with it.

    Thanks for the help, but it's not a run-of-the-mill sleep issue, it's a diagnosed condition that comes in waves.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    That over the counter ZzQuil can help out if sometimes you have trouble sleeping. I wouldn't use it nightly, but here and there it could be a cheap fix.
    Your meet is this weekend though right?

  29. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post

    Your meet is this weekend though right?
    Next weekend and stoked! Haha
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a animal, think like a human"-RTS

  30. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

    Next weekend and stoked! Haha
    Awesome man! What federation?

  31. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post

    Awesome man! What federation?
    WNPF
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a animal, think like a human"-RTS

  32. Chest is so sore I'm going to live in icyhot today. Shouldn't affect my 10 am deadlifting though.

    I'm pretty sure I found a meet that suits me. It's forever away but I'll tell you guys anyway. USPA April 26th in Westlake village. Very close to my house. As long as this injury is a thing of the past I should easily be able to get that Class II total. Then nationals in late summer. Here's hoping! I'll compete raw (no wraps).

  33. Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Chest is so sore I'm going to live in icyhot today. Shouldn't affect my 10 am deadlifting though. I'm pretty sure I found a meet that suits me. It's forever away but I'll tell you guys anyway. USPA April 26th in Westlake village. Very close to my house. As long as this injury is a thing of the past I should easily be able to get that Class II total. Then nationals in late summer. Here's hoping! I'll compete raw (no wraps).
    April 26th will be here before you know it so start preparing!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  34. Yep! I'll probably start collecting all kinds of advice from you guys around the 16 week mark. This will only be my 2nd meet and idk if I should even count my first one.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    April 26th will be here before you know it so start preparing!
    I agree. It flies when you have a specific date you train for.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a animal, think like a human"-RTS

  36. I'll have zero excuses this time! Really want to see that 315 lb bench in competition.

  37. That'd be sick man!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a animal, think like a human"-RTS

  38. It's exactly 20 weeks from today now that I've done the math. The countdown begins.

  39. Warm up
    Ham stretching
    Foam rolling

    Deadlifts from 2" block
    2x5x135
    1x5x185
    1x2x225
    1x2x275
    1x1x315
    1x1x365
    1x1x385
    2x1x315

    SLDL
    5x8x225

    Shrugs
    2x20x135

    1 arm cable standing rows
    3x12x60

  40. Nice! Back feel good?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 03:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 03:03 PM
  3. Workout Log in Word Format
    By Matthew D in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 03:04 AM
  4. T1 pro log
    By DreamWeaver in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 08:01 AM
  5. My Cycle Log
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 12:59 AM
Log in
Log in