Recomping with PHAT

ForceOneSeven

Awards
After creeping the workout log section for sometime now,I've decided to run a little log of my own. I plan on beginning this log roughly around May 10th and have it run into August. This will be updated daily as this is my first log on AM and I aim to prove that I am a serious community member.

The Program: Layne Norton PHAT (strength & Hypertrophy)

The goal: Gain muscle while remaining lean.

Stats: Currently sitting between 185-190lbs, 22 years old, been lifting seriously since I was 17.

Goal: Get to around 210Lbs lean and dry

Daily caloric intake: Between 4500-6000 calories depending on the day

Supplements:
  1. OG Anabeta ( First time user...Very excited)
  2. MST ZMK multi mineral (Before Bed)
  3. 300mg Na-R-ALA plus Ginger/ Cinnamon 30 minutes before carb heavy meal...then 15 minutes before meal 2g ALCAR. Doing this for nutrient partioning/uptake reasons for 1 meal a day
Pre-workout:

Hour before workout will consist of: 2 servings of Genomyx Protocol yielding... 6grams Leucine, 2g COP, 2grams LCLT(add 1g bulk for total of 3 gram) and 500 grams Agmatine

half hour before workout: 1 scoop Enhanced plus half serving of AI uncut+ 3-4 grams Citrulline Mallate

Pre-workout(every other week):

Hour before: Same Protocol serving

half hour before: Full serving of AI Uncut + Full serving of Finaflex Max pump+3-4 grams Citrulline Mallate

Staples:

3.5 grams Beta Alanine (spaced evenly throughout day)
5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate
Around 3 grams of Omega 3's daily
3.5 grams Taurine (Post workout)
Cow fed WPI (post workout)
5-10 grams Glutamine (either post workout or before bed)
ACES+ B complex vitamin Scheme
Lots of Digestive Enzymes
AI Biomend (antioxidant formula)
5,000 IU Vit. D
2g Tyrosine (Daily)
10g Glycine before bed

As stated before this log will not begin till early May...so in the meantime I would love to get suggestions. Anything you guys would change up? what should supplement timing look like etc???

Before pics will be added as the start date nears closer... As of now I just want suggestions/ advice/ and feedback

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
thats quite a lot of calories for a recomp. how tall r u? and its gonna take a lot longer than 3 months to gain 20lbs of muscle. with that goal, youre lookin more at like 2 years

ForceOneSeven

Awards
6'2. It may be unrealistic but I'm sitting at 190 right now and I haven't been focusing that much on diet. My body is very good at partioning the calories I put in. If I'm putting in 6k calories daily I don't think it will be too hard to hit 210 by the end of the summer, however if I don't it won't be the end of the world. At least 205 and ill be happy

ForceOneSeven

Awards
thats quite a lot of calories for a recomp. how tall r u? and its gonna take a lot longer than 3 months to gain 20lbs of muscle. with that goal, youre lookin more at like 2 years
Would you recommend I not do a recomp and focus on something else? I've been following Defranco's WSFSB since December and have been getting stronger. I really want to focus less on weight and strength and more on contractions this summer.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
ll recomping by definition is losing fat while simultaneously gaining muscle. which is very hard to do under natural circumstances. if you wanna do that, then you have to pretty much eat right at bmr or very sligtly above. and to do that, you need to know your bmr. by saying 4500-6000 cals, thats a pretty big gap so im assuming you arnt too sure what your maintenance cals are.

if you wanna gain size, then stay with your heavy cal diet and youll most definately grow with the phat routine. just stay conscious of your limits. a lot of people, myself included, have gotten injured from doing phat because of the sheer volume

ForceOneSeven

Awards
ll recomping by definition is losing fat while simultaneously gaining muscle. which is very hard to do under natural circumstances. if you wanna do that, then you have to pretty much eat right at bmr or very sligtly above. and to do that, you need to know your bmr. by saying 4500-6000 cals, thats a pretty big gap so im assuming you arnt too sure what your maintenance cals are.

if you wanna gain size, then stay with your heavy cal diet and youll most definately grow with the phat routine. just stay conscious of your limits. a lot of people, myself included, have gotten injured from doing phat because of the sheer volume
Exactly what I was looking for. I want to get my weight up but have it be a lean bulk. Thanks for your suggestions