16 Weeks to APF TX Challenge - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

16 Weeks to APF TX Challenge

Page 6 of 12 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Once you find a woman who actually loves training as much as you do.. Better keep her.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My wife trains with me everyday.
  3. ITW
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    My wife trains with me everyday.
    Lucky. My girl trains but she's more into light weight circuits, Zumba, and the like. I'll steer her my way eventually haha
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I wouldn't say she loves training; it's more that she knows she needs to do it than want to do it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I wouldn't say she loves training; it's more that she knows she needs to do it than want to do it.
    Well **** at least she's doing it. The good stuff too.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

6/26 Lower

Sumo
    415x5
    465x3
    505x3
    525x3

DB BSS
    40x10x4

Hypers/Donkey Calf Raises
    BW+45x15x3/400x15x3

I need to get my briefs take in a bit. I love the comfort of the Jacks,, but it feels like they stretch out more than the others and they lose some support. I focused in reps today instead of going really heavy and did just briefs instead of full gear. I plan to still pull in my Jack and will try Ace/Ace on Sunday to see if that provides more support on the bottom. I'll probably get my suit taken in as well since it comes up rather easily.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Strong pulling Rodja, nice work.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

6/28 Bench

Worked up to 455x1 (1-board)
    435x1 PR

Wide Pullups
    30 reps

Prone Incline Shrugs/Band Facepulls (light)
    80x10x3/15x3

Rolling Ex/Side Laterals
    30x15x2/30x15x2

I was feeling a little saucy this evening and had some nice energy, so I went for it. I hate saying this, but I really don't have a solid plan when it comes to gear work as it's so dependent on feeling that day and I didn't set out to touch today. However, after I nailed 455 to a 1, I decided to buck my plan of no touching until the last session. Just a few months ago, I was struggling to hit 405 to a 1 board and had very little confidence in my bench. Now, I feel like I have finally hit the proper positions in the shirt and, most importantly, confident in myself. Moral of the story: as fun as gear can be, you have to be patient and "grow" into the gear. It's a kick in the balls and it takes time for your body to adapt not only from a CNS standpoint, but also from a connective tissue standpoint.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

****ing A! Congrats on the PR
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Awesome bench Rodja! It looked painful coming down lol

Very good points on gear too
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    ****ing A! Congrats on the PR
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Awesome bench Rodja! It looked painful coming down lol

Very good points on gear too
    This one actually felt pretty good. No lumbar cramp, but I did start to feel like I was running out of air at the bottom.

I'm sure you're figuring this out, but gear is very difficult to get down. It's been around a year in a shirt now and I really am starting to only now get a true feel for the shirt in terms of where it needs to be on my frame and the optimal ROM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Press looked nice and smooth man.
    Also solid arch. Nuts.
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah, that arch was intense.

Looked easy, after the touch that is.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice and smooth all the way through lockout! Looks like you'll be good for some more in the near future.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Great bench work Rodja, congrats on the big PR.
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  16. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That looked real controlled and smooth. Nice PR.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That looked easy, great work...
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

6/30 Squat

625x1 (opener)

Made a big switch on this day: Ace briefs instead of my Jacks. For whatever reason, I wasn't getting a lot of support from them anymore and it's the reason I've felt so unstable on squat lately. My unracks were awesome today and those Inzer Gripper wraps are amazing. I brought my stance in slightly as I saw my knees were caving in too often for my liking and some knee pain as well.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was looking at those gripper wraps. Worth the purchase I assume?

Squat looked awesome dude. You can up fast.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Squat looked great.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I was looking at those gripper wraps. Worth the purchase I assume?

Squat looked awesome dude. You can up fast.
    They actually belong to the daughter of one of they guys we lift with, but I'm going to get a pair very soon. They feel like they continue to coil around your leg and provide phenomenal support.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Do you think the Jacks have stretched or worn already? Did you feel more powerful with bringing your stance in, or just more stable? My knees shoot forward in the hole when they don't track over my feet, and it's exacerbated in briefs.
    Training log:
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Do you think the Jacks have stretched or worn already? Did you feel more powerful with bringing your stance in, or just more stable? My knees shoot forward in the hole when they don't track over my feet, and it's exacerbated in briefs.
    They have stretched out more than the Ace do and need to be pinched in about 1/4" on each side. It's hard to say if it was just the briefs or stance, but I felt more stable at the bottom than I had in awhile.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

They have stretched out more than the Ace do and need to be pinched in about 1/4" on each side. It's hard to say if it was just the briefs or stance, but I felt more stable at the bottom than I had in awhile.
    That's true. You did not isolate the variables, you just got your **** together all at once.
    Training log:
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

That's true. You did not isolate the variables, you just got your **** together all at once.
    It wasn't a huge difference in stance, maybe 1" per side, but the tracking of my knees felt more natural.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

7/1 Upper

OHP
    135x5
    155x3
    165x3
    165x4
    145x8

Meadows Rows
    135x10x2
    135x10-drop-90x10

Dips
    BWx15
    BW+45x5 (irritated left bicep)
    BWx15x2

Y/Pullaparts (mini)
    20x8x3/15x3

DB Curls/Pressdowns/Side Laterals
    50x8x2/120x12x2/30x15x2

Not my best pressing day ever. OHP felt a tad heavier than usual and dips irritated my left bicep to the point where I could only do BW. There's no swelling or pain as of now and it may have been a fluke, but still is a bit concerning considering it's ~1 month to the meet.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Bet it's a fluke considering your OHPs had been getting stronger.

I didnt realize how close your meet is man
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Bet it's a fluke considering your OHPs had been getting stronger.

I didnt realize how close your meet is man
    I didn't either and June flew by so damn quickly. I feel much better this training cycle than I did in April shoulder wise. My lumbar is still tight, but I manage to loosen it up with extra mobility work. Honestly, that is my only concern right now as it effects my squat and bench.

Not sure what my plan is going to be for the next several weeks as its always depends on so many things. I plan to touch once more before the meet and need to take both squat and deadlift with straps up at least once more as well.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  29. ITW
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Just poppin in to say thanks to all you guys. The older/stronger PL guys on here are some upstanding folks and I've learn a great deal following all the logs and what not.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

When you get more confidence in the eccentric portion of the lift you are going to be unstopable because your concentric is pure explosion.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.

I'd be proud to have an OHP day that looked like that. Hope the bicep feels better quick Rodja!
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ITW View Post
    Just poppin in to say thanks to all you guys. The older/stronger PL guys on here are some upstanding folks and I've learn a great deal following all the logs and what not.
    ^this for sure
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

7/3 Lower

Sumo (+120# chain)
    405x1
    455x1x2
    510x1
    510x1x2 (straps up)

Suspended SSB GM
    265x6x2

Walking DB Lunges
    60x12x2
    75x12x2

Standing Cable Crunches/Planks
    120x15x3/BWx30x3

I've still yet to get the hang of going straps up and I can tell that it's time to pull back on deadlifts for a little bit. Bar speed was low and very inconsistent. Not one of my best sessions, but its part of my plan to overreach.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

In your experience, how long does it take for supercompensation to occur after overreaching? I'm sure it's different for everyone, I was just wondering how it's figuring into this training cycle.
    Training log:
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

In your experience, how long does it take for supercompensation to occur after overreaching? I'm sure it's different for everyone, I was just wondering how it's figuring into this training cycle.
    It's highly individualized. If I had to make a guess, it would be 7-14 days depending on recovery capabilities, work capacity, and length of overreaching phase.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Sounds like your timing is pretty good. Though last time you thought you were burned out, you crushed it the next time out.
    Training log:
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Sounds like your timing is pretty good. Though last time you thought you were burned out, you crushed it the next time out.
    It's more of me needing to back off of deadlifts for a week as I've pull 90% or greater for over a month straight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

End of the week training was awful. That's all I really have to say about that.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

End of the week training was awful. That's all I really have to say about that.
    Burned out for sure?
    Training log:
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Burned out for sure?
    Without a doubt.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 10 weeks to APF TX State
    By Rodja in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 07:18 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 03:06 PM