16 Weeks to APF TX Challenge

Page 6 of 16 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. <----has been trying to talk gym owner into buying a ghr for a couple months now. I keep telling him it won't get tore up, I'll prolly be the only person in the gym who knows what it is...

2. You guys are making me scared to move. I've been so spoiled at a private gym with everything i'm terrified to have to go to a fitness center after I move and not have anything.. Ie: rev hyp, ghr,mono, specialty bars, oly bars, bumper plates etc
    •   

3. Where's the next meet brochacho? Lengthy thread so excuses my ignorance

4. Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    Where's the next meet brochacho? Lengthy thread so excuses my ignorance
    August 3rd.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. 6/11 Upper

OHP
    135x8
    155x7
    165x5
    135x12

DB Rows
    145x22

Flat DB Press
    75x15
    90x8x2

Tate Press/DB Curls
    40x10/40x8
    40x9/40x8
    40x8/40x8

Band Facepulls/Band Pressdowns/Side Laterals
    15/15/35x15
    15/15/35x12

Started out really strong, but kinda blew my wad after the DB rows. OHP is getting better every week and this is easily the healthiest my shoulders have felt in well over a year. Everything is going well so far outside of some lingering back tightness that I can't seem to shake.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. OHPing got a lot stronger man. Should give you a nice carry over to your bench
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    OHPing got a lot stronger man. Should give you a nice carry over to your bench
    The shoulder health alone will pay dividends and allow to push the pressing assistance work harder.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Those Donnie Thompson maneuvers are paying off
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

9. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Those Donnie Thompson maneuvers are paying off
    Which are you doing?

I've been setting the hips, and shoulders and it feels great to put that band in my pec delt tie in.

10. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

Which are you doing?

I've been setting the hips, and shoulders and it feels great to put that band in my pec delt tie in.
    I do that and I try to attempt this the best I can with what I have.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mgWA1f3xsvs
    I need to get a fat band. I only have mini's and micro's. Aside from that I will do do other stuff from supple leopard from time to time.
    Training Log

11. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post

I do that and I try to attempt this the best I can with what I have.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mgWA1f3xsvs
    I need to get a fat band. I only have mini's and micro's. Aside from that I will do do other stuff from supple leopard from time to time.
    Where's the database on this Donnie Thompson stuff I need to look at?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

12. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Where's the database on this Donnie Thompson stuff I need to look at?
    His YouTube page is superDTV. It's good stuff. His stuff is on supertraining.tv in the mobility section as well.
    Training Log

13. 6/12 Lower

Sumo
    415x3
    465x3
    505x2
    555x1
    465x5
    505x3

GM
    225x10
    275x10
    315x8 PR
    315x7

DB Shrugs
    90x15
    100x12x2
    100x16

Donkey Calf Raises/Ab Wheel
    360x15/BWx8
    400x12x4/BWx8x4

Grip was being a bit weird on this day, so I went to more reps after my main set of 555. I'm definitely going to have some new callous' after these past few weeks and I set a GM PR as well, which is a great sign for the future. Hopefully, I get some solid carryover to my 1RM come meet time after getting some PRs over the past month on big assistance lifts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

14. Big ol GMs man.

Are you still lifting on the TX Powerbar? I used to have coulles' until it ripped them off
    [email protected]

15. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Big ol GMs man.

Are you still lifting on the TX Powerbar? I used to have coulles' until it ripped them off
    TX DL bar, which is a bit different. We bench with a TX power bar, though. My hands are beat to hell, but I hope my grip will be good enough to pull 601. I watched the video again from my attempt and everything looked great except losing the grip.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

TX DL bar, which is a bit different. We bench with a TX power bar, though. My hands are beat to hell, but I hope my grip will be good enough to pull 601. I watched the video again from my attempt and everything looked great except losing the grip.
    My mistake, I meant the DL bar with the enormous whip and shark teeth grip. Do you always use the same hands over/under?
    [email protected]

17. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    My mistake, I meant the DL bar with the enormous whip and shark teeth grip. Do you always use the same hands over/under?
    Yeah, I used to switch off on my sets working up to my working sets, but they always looked and felt off.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. Yeah, Sean I was watching that Bell/Burdick DL vid and kept noticing how much lower their shoulder on the underhand side was. That has to create an imbalance at sometime down the road.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

19. I used to switch it up on my working sets but like Rodja said, it's too weird now. I'll look that up tonight, see if there are any related articles.

Edit: just read one article saying dominant hand should have it's palm facing up (it even feels weird thinking about it to me) and not to worry about imbalances, but to use a double over grip on warmup sets.
    [email protected]

20. My son just uses the standard grip on all the lifts until his heavy working sets.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

21. Got my suit in and I'll be adding that into my squat training probably next week. I may need a deload this Sunday depending how my body feels as my max squat last week was not very pretty from the beginning.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

22. 6/14 Bench

Worked up to 455x1 (1-board)

Meadows Rows
    90x15
    135x10x2

Y/Incline Prone Shrugs/Pressdowns
    20x8/70x10/100x15
    20x8/70x10/100x15
    20x8/70x10/100x15

After a few weeks, I finally feel comfortable in my shirt again and it showed tonight. I was having trouble getting tight in the scapula in previous weeks, but I was able to feel locked in and it carried over to my legs as well. I took 455 to a 1-board twice actually since the board was at an angle and it was not a true 1-board.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. ****ing sweet man! Nice lift

You could fit a bowling ball under that arch too btw
    Training Log

24. Hell ya
    [email protected]

25. nice lift rodja, is that alex back there?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    6/14 Bench

Worked up to 455x1 (1-board)
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsJ6Kc9oaVw">YouTube Link</a>

Meadows Rows
    90x15
    135x10x2

Y/Incline Prone Shrugs/Pressdowns
    20x8/70x10/100x15
    20x8/70x10/100x15
    20x8/70x10/100x15

After a few weeks, I finally feel comfortable in my shirt again and it showed tonight. I was having trouble getting tight in the scapula in previous weeks, but I was able to feel locked in and it carried over to my legs as well. I took 455 to a 1-board twice actually since the board was at an angle and it was not a true 1-board.
    You seem to be pressing towards your head.

Don't you want to press in a straight line / almost away from your head?

Not trying to be critical trying to learn

27. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    nice lift rodja, is that alex back there?
    Yep, that's him.
    Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    You seem to be pressing towards your head. Don't you want to press in a straight line / almost away from your head?Not trying to be critical trying to learn
    When raw, you have a straighter line than when in a shirt. You have to really drift and tuck towards the belly to touch and then flare the elbows to lock out the weight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

28. He texted me the other day, he's not too happy w the APF...

29. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    He's not too happy w the APF these days...
    I don't blame him at all. It's complete bull**** that his record got pulled from him due to incompetence.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

30. wow wtf, what happend?
    [email protected]
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 10 weeks to APF TX State
    By Rodja in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 08:18 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 04:06 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 12:42 AM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 02:19 AM