16 Weeks to APF TX Challenge

Page 3 of 16 First 12345 ... Last

1. 145x19 holy crap. Nicely done.

I hope you had a Cinco de Mayo beer, considering you're in Texas...
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    145x19 holy crap. Nicely done.

I hope you had a Cinco de Mayo beer, considering you're in Texas...
    My wife is Mexican...of course I did some celebrating.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

3. Man, your rows are ridiculous. I am loving the Kroc rows myself.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

4. I took a look at the calendar last night and drew up a tentative schedule for the other stuff. I'm not using tren for this round. It took too much out of my cardio and I didn't get much out of it in strength terms. I was debating on using NPP again, but I'm not really ready to commit to ED pinning again for awhile. The verdict is to bring back 1T cyp with lose dose E to stave off lethargy and keep libido up. Depending on how that all goes, I might throw in some dbol the final month before the meet.

I've also decided that 198 is off the table for now. I'm on the road too much right now to have a stringent fat loss diet and would rather focus on recomping and filling out my frame to be a bigger 220. If I can get to a solid 230, I'll be stoked, but its not as important as making sure I stay healthy and keep my leverages.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. I was I could do that fun stuff..

You're already a solid dude. You'd be a monster at a big lean 220.
    [email protected]

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I was I could do that fun stuff..

You're already a solid dude. You'd be a monster at a big lean 220.
    I figured I'll take advantage if it while I can. The main reason I'm staying at 220 is I'm unsure how my gear would fit me if I dropped to 198. My shirt would most likely be fine, but my briefs would be too big, which is what you need to have be the tightest piece of gear.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

I figured I'll take advantage if it while I can. The main reason I'm staying at 220 is I'm unsure how my gear would fit me if I dropped to 198. My shirt would most likely be fine, but my briefs would be too big, which is what you need to have be the tightest piece of gear.
    Ah that makes sense. Luckily for me I guess, my gear is forcing me to lean out some. Not a bad thing, my clothes will fit again.

I hear ya on that though. Would hate to drop 500+ bucks just because you lost 20lbs.
    [email protected]

8. What does D-bol bring to the table if you don't mind me asking?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

9. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    What does D-bol bring to the table if you don't mind me asking?
    Lots of strength and mass.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

10. Where do I sign?? Lol Looks like I need to start researching.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

11. Dbol is the granddaddy of old-school orals. Been around and kicking ass for decades.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

12. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Where do I sign?? Lol Looks like I need to start researching.
    There's a reason it's an extremely popular steroid: it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Dbol is the granddaddy of old-school orals. Been around and kicking ass for decades.
    Word. I waited way too long to try it out. It's not a sexy pick, but it freaking works.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There's a reason it's an extremely popular steroid: it works.

Word. I waited way too long to try it out. It's not a sexy pick, but it freaking works.
    I'm going to mini-rant, so please excuse...I personally think it's a f'n awesome pick. People under-educate yet manage to over-think AAS, and it drives me INSANE. Stacking multiple methylated orals, multiple estered test (no, not a fan, pick one and go), and looking for a "better" way. It's all been done. Pick a setup, use it, and f'n TRAIN.

I love dbol/Anadrol + a long estered test for damn near anybody doing a cycle. It'll get you big, get you strong, and there's virtually no way to f it up.

Sorry, dude. Love your log, love your gear choice, and I'll delete that if you like.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

I'm going to mini-rant, so please excuse...I personally think it's a f'n awesome pick. People under-educate yet manage to over-think AAS, and it drives me INSANE. Stacking multiple methylated orals, multiple estered test (no, not a fan, pick one and go), and looking for a "better" way. It's all been done. Pick a setup, use it, and f'n TRAIN.

I love dbol/Anadrol + a long estered test for damn near anybody doing a cycle. It'll get you big, get you strong, and there's virtually no way to f it up.

Sorry, dude. Love your log, love your gear choice, and I'll delete that if you like.
    I have no problem with the rant. While I enjoy dabbling in different combinations, I realize that the most important part is still to train your ass off. If people spent 1/10 the time that they do in the anabolics section looking at training, they'd actually get somewhere instead of treading water.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. I agree totally with the previous post^^^ If they would spend as much time and effort on the right diet, training, and recovery as they do on all the supps/gear they would be so ahead of the game.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I have no problem with the rant. While I enjoy dabbling in different combinations, I realize that the most important part is still to train your ass off. If people spent 1/10 the time that they do in the anabolics section looking at training, they'd actually get somewhere instead of treading water.
    I think dabbling is good too...it's these crazy, 8 compound cycles that make my brain hurt. No, you don't need cyp, prop, a dbol kicker into a 5 week run of winstrol, tapering off with 8 weeks of Anavar.

I mean, if you don't dabble, you'll never optimize your own cycles.

17. 5/7 Lower

Sumo
    315x2x3
    405x3x3

Oly Squat
    225x5
    275x5
    325x4

GM
    225x10x3
    255x7

Walking DB Lunge
    60x12x2

DB Side Bends/Woodchoppers
    80x15/40x10
    85x15/40x10
    95x10/40x10

I had to cram in my schedule since I have a roadtrip this week. Training 4 out of 5 days was a bit of a kick in the balls, but I got through it and really hammered this day. I'm getting better on the Oly squats, but still fixing the kinks in my hips before I can really push myself on them. I'll get back to wide squatting once I get back in briefs, but that won't be until after National's on 5/18 in Detroit and then I'll start figuring out when to suit up. I'm definitely going to do more work with the straps up this time compared to last as I didn't feel comfortable with them during the meet.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. Are you competing 5/18? Standard bar for the GM's? I feel like the cambered bar spoiled me.

I got my suit on today just to figure out how to get it on quickly to limit wasting time in the gym tomorrow. Put the straps up and realized how miserable that is....goin straps down for a while here..
    [email protected]

19. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Are you competing 5/18? Standard bar for the GM's? I feel like the cambered bar spoiled me.

I got my suit on today just to figure out how to get it on quickly to limit wasting time in the gym tomorrow. Put the straps up and realized how miserable that is....goin straps down for a while here..
    No, one of the guys and I share share squat/deadlift equipment and he's competing on 5/18. I used the standard bar since it was already loaded and I was feeling too lazy to get the cambered bar.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

No, one of the guys and I share share squat/deadlift equipment and he's competing on 5/18. I used the standard bar since it was already loaded and I was feeling too lazy to get the cambered bar.
    Ah I got ya.
    [email protected]

21. 5/10 Upper

Bench
    275x5
    315x3x2
    315x4

DB Shoulder Press
    60x12
    70x12x2
    70x10

HS Row (neutral)
    145x10x4

Facepulls/DB Curls
    100x12/40x10
    100x12/40x10
    100x12/40x10

Pressdowns/Pullaparts (mini)
    100x15x3/15x3

I'm about ready to start transitioning into higher percentage stuff and probably start doing strength building shirted work. I'll first focus on rep PRs on boards and then transition into looking at weight PRs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

22. 5/13 Lower

Squat
    225x5
    275x5
    315x5
    335x4

SLDL
    225x10
    275x10
    315x6x2

Uni LP/ DB Shrugs
    270x15/80x15
    270x15/90x15
    270x15/95x15

Ab Wheel
    BWx10x4

I've making some progress on my squat, but I can already tell my adductors are not real happy with me, which I expected. I'm not ready to go for a big single and I've been very conservative with the weight and pushing each set. It's definitely nice to not be spending 3-4 hours doing my geared sessions for a bit here, though.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. 5/14 Upper

CG Incline BB
    185x5
    225x3x3
    225x4

DB Shoulder Press
    70x8x4

Kroc Rows
    145x20 PR

Tate Press/Side Laterals
    40x12/30x15
    50x7/30x15
    50x7/30x15

Facepulls/Overhead Rope Ex
    90x15/70x10
    90x15/70x10

This starts the last third off my off-season training. The weights are starting to increase and everything is feeling good. Shoulders are feeling mobile and only some minor hips issues right now that are more annoying than debilitating. Weight right now is right at 220, but leaner than a month ago. I've been eating on the lighter side right now (~3500-4000/day) and that'll start to increase over the next month.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

24. What's the plan next? Gear?
    [email protected]

25. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    What's the plan next? Gear?
    I'll be getting back into briefs and working up to doubles or triples. For bench, it's going to be 2-3 board work focusing on rep PRs and then transitioning to weight PRs. I'm still in limbo about which suit I'll be using, but I have plenty of time before I have to make my final decision on that.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

26. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

I'll be getting back into briefs and working up to doubles or triples. For bench, it's going to be 2-3 board work focusing on rep PRs and then transitioning to weight PRs. I'm still in limbo about which suit I'll be using, but I have plenty of time before I have to make my final decision on that.
    Any brief recommendations? I'm going to order some tonight so I don't have to use the ones laying around my gym.
    [email protected]

27. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Any brief recommendations? I'm going to order some tonight so I don't have to use the ones laying around my gym.
    I LOVE my Metal Jack briefs. They're nice and tight on the hips, but actually have some comfortable thigh room. Both Ace and Pro briefs run small in the thighs and throw me off a bit.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

28. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I LOVE my Metal Jack briefs. They're nice and tight on the hips, but actually have some comfortable thigh room. Both Ace and Pro briefs run small in the thighs and throw me off a bit.
    Hm I'll look them up then. Thigh room sounds very very good lol. I wished I picked up Metal gear when EFS had their sale the other week. Thanks bud.
    [email protected]

29. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Hm I'll look them up then. Thigh room sounds very very good lol. I wished I picked up Metal gear when EFS had their sale the other week. Thanks bud.
    I'd be surprised if they didn't have another one on Memorial Day.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

30. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

I'd be surprised if they didn't have another one on Memorial Day.
    Good call. I'll hold off.
    [email protected]

Similar Forum Threads

1. 10 weeks to APF TX State
    By Rodja in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 09:18 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 05:06 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 01:42 AM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 03:19 AM