Swanson-Cube Method to July Comp

Page 3 of 42 First 12345 ... Last

1. small steps brother, better chance of success...

2. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    small steps brother, better chance of success...
    Yeah you're absolutely right. One of those "fix it all" days within my dome.

I must need sleep.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Yeah you're absolutely right. One of those "fix it all" days within my dome.

I must need sleep.
    and less beer?

4. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    and less beer?

**** I don't even have a beer on the schedule!

Wait...maybe that's the problem! :idea:

5. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Can't multiquote from Tapatalk, but I think you're right. I just need to get leaner within my weight class. I just get frustrated when I'm bloated as **** from not drinking enough water & eating too many carbs. I'm impatient, when all I need to do is tweak diet.

That's why I love a journal-I put my stupid ass thoughts out there & smarter lifters smack me back in line.

DL form-first off I've seen that video, and that dude never ceases to amaze. He really is a freak. Yeah, I do need to get a bit closer...I've got to nail down the relationship between having my hips close but still having shoulders back. My short-ass arms really hurt me here; I've really got to get DOWN to get to the bar.

Good tip, I'll def. work that in on Monday. Maybe I'll throw in a few light sets tomorrow just to practice.
    Little adjustments at a time and see what feels right. I do think that you need to get your foot placement out wider. I don't know how tall Duffin is but his feet are almost out to the plates. That alone will bring you down much closer to the bar. It will also put more stress on the hips/groin so be careful with that.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Little adjustments at a time and see what feels right. I do think that you need to get your foot placement out wider. I don't know how tall Duffin is but his feet are almost out to the plates. That alone will bring you down much closer to the bar. It will also put more stress on the hips/groin so be careful with that.
    I go pretty wide, typically but I can still move out 2" or so a side. I hope to get my hips involved as much as possible, as I generate good power from there. Like you said, I'm mostly back right now.

7. Why don't you pull conventional? Sorry if its been mentioned already...

If you are going to st ick with sumo then you should flare your knees out more, get closer to the bar, and get your hips more into it. The weight looked easy for you but you need to squat down to the bar more and keep your chest up.
    SFW and GFH

8. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Why don't you pull conventional? Sorry if its been mentioned already...

If you are going to st ick with sumo then you should flare your knees out more, get closer to the bar, and get your hips more into it. The weight looked easy for you but you need to squat down to the bar more and keep your chest up.
    I've got crazy short arms, a crazy long torso, and some herniated discs that make heavy convos both painful & geometrically inefficient for me. I have to move the bar a freakin mile.

I like them for accessory work but not as my big mover.

I get my chest up (I think) as much as I can before the bar breaks the floor; if I drop my hips more then my knees end up over the bar. This is where flaring knees and moving toes out will help.

I've got to get my hips lower to start, no question.

9. how tall are you big man? How much mobility work do you do for your hips/glutes/hamstrings?
    SFW and GFH

10. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    how tall are you big man? How much mobility work do you do for your hips/glutes/hamstrings?
    6'2ish. I do mobility work (usually Agile 8) 4-5 days/week. Rumble or PVC roll daily.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    6'2ish. I do mobility work (usually Agile 8) 4-5 days/week. Rumble or PVC roll daily.

Gotcha. I think if you can get your technique squared away, you'll be pulling much more weight in no time. What are you goals for your upcoming meet?
    SFW and GFH

12. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Gotcha. I think if you can get your technique squared away, you'll be pulling much more weight in no time. What are you goals for your upcoming meet?
    I'd like to pull 550+, Squat 5, press whatever, I'm not really that focused on it. I'm pretty confident in my ability to go 385+, and I'm ok with that right now.

My years of awful dead/squat technique is what's really burning my ass right now, so I'm trying like hell to get better. I know I can generate the power, I just don't know HOW.

13. I greatly appreciate the input, fellas. Glad everyone is following & helping out.
  14. Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

15. **** your elbow
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

16. Awesome video!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  17. Swanson-Cube Method to July Comp

It's Friday, my bench session kind of sucked, so here's a pic of my PWO meal. Double meat Qdoba Naked Burrito.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366994194.020913.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  103.7 KB

Optimal? No. Delicious? Hell yes.

18. 2 lbs of guacamole =

Yummy...

19. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    2 lbs of guacamole =

Yummy...
    I'll put guac on anything. Married into a Mexican family, win/win.

20. Cube w2, Heavy Bench

BENCH
    Warm ups for days
    275x2x5
    Easy. Form was a little loose, so I'll work that out as I continue.

INCLINE DB PRESS
    110x12
    120x8
    135x8
    100x10

HAMMER LOW ROW
    180x12
    270x12
    360x10
    450x6

BW PULL UPS
    Did them in between chest sets

CURLS
    Some DBS for 10's, 8's 6 drop set

DB OHP
    65x20x2
    BUUUURRRRNNNNN

My iPhone was dead so no video OR music, I was pissed off at plate-slamming, no weight racking ****tard, just no focus today. Big lifts on back to back days are a no go for me.

21. Marshall Johnson is going to be at the comp I'm training for in July. I find that incredibly cool.

22. What is that strange looking tortilla next to the naked buritto?? Lol

23. I stopped working out in gyms for those reasons. Love my home gym.

24. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    What is that strange looking tortilla next to the naked buritto?? Lol
    That's a zero calorie anabolic accelerator.

EliteFTS fairy dropped these off...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367009941.311309.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  118.5 KB

Happy freakin Friday. I'm gonna wreck some BWW mango habanero wings to celebrate.

25. I'll post what I'll be wrecking here in 26-36 minutes when Dominos delivers. Steve just out the pizza in the oven, thanks to dominos tracker.

Never tied the black slingshot, just the red one. Video once ya do.
    [email protected]

26. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I'll post what I'll be wrecking here in 26-36 minutes when Dominos delivers. Steve just out the pizza in the oven, thanks to dominos tracker.

Never tied the black slingshot, just the red one. Video once ya do.
    Haha! I love the dominos tracker!!

I hope I didn't overdo it with the black; I went by the weight suggestions on the items...we'll see. I'm actually kind of excited to do HEAVY (+125-150#) weighted dips with this thing.

27. I never even thought about doing dips with that! Awesome..
    [email protected]

28. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Marshall Johnson is going to be at the comp I'm training for in July. I find that incredibly cool.
    That is incredibly cool. Guy had the broadest shoulders I'd ever seen, and he was surrounded by guys like Lilly, Chad Smith, et cetera. And he's like the wildest looking dude I've ever seen.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

29. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Marshall Johnson is going to be at the comp I'm training for in July. I find that incredibly cool.
    very cool. at the meet i did last jan, matt f'ing kroc was the head judge.

when he was announced and walked in, i have to say i was in awe

there's just a little bit of pressure when matt f'ing kroc gives you the squat command...

30. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    very cool. at the meet i did last jan, matt f'ing kroc was the head judge.

when he was announced and walked in, i have to say i was in awe

there's just a little bit of pressure when matt f'ing kroc gives you the squat command...

I met kroc 2 years ago at the olympia. Super nice guy.
    SFW and GFH
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is the best HRT method to minimize acne?
    By Neednewballs in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 06:45 PM
  2. Best method to determine daily caloric needs?
    By tmilam in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 04:06 PM
  3. can someone explain the 5 x 5 training method to me?
    By freezito in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 06:40 PM
  4. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
  5. Best method to control E in a bulker
    By Lean One in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 05:00 PM