Sean's Powerlifting Journey

Page 3 of 490 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332

lol Uncle Sam owed us a chunk of change, tax returns, travel claims, ect I ain't rich, but like I said-it's my one time to not feel guilty buyin it. I never spend money on myself.
    I did the same thing tax return. Made sure I bought myself some stuff. Rest went to bills and the fam.

Joint force is a great product. It's great when just an area or two is aching.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

2. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude

Napalm, forgive me if I seem intrusive, but with your injuries, gear could be awesome for you. The original purpose of the supportive equipment was injury prevention. Even some light duty stuff could help stave off injury and provide a bit of overload and have you totaling bigger and feeling better.
    Yeah, I told myself I wasn't going to think about it until I squat 405 raw, which will prolly be July. I firmly believe that a solid foundation is needed before making the switch. I've literally seen guys who can't do 315 raw, but squat 500+ in gear.

Obviously, Sean has the foundation.

I'll be picking up some briefs sometime soon though.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

Yeah, I told myself I wasn't going to think about it until I squat 405 raw, which will prolly be July. I firmly believe that a solid foundation is needed before making the switch. I've literally seen guys who can't do 315 raw, but squats 500+ in gear.

Obviously, Sean has the foundation.

I'll be picking up some briefs sometime soon though.
    You're right. There's not much worse than Gene Rychlak struggling with 405 raw and being the first person to bench a grand. Props to you for wanting to have a foundation.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

4. I think Gene Rychlak has a midget in his bigass belly that helps him bench.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

5. Sean, I'm halfway through the cube and BL blew my mind yesterday. I've been listening to Tate/wendler for years about stance width. BL is saying to narrow it a bit so adductors aren't in the movement so much.

The gist of it was wide stance (me), lots of adductor = mcl pain.
    •   

6. I had a semi wide stance before. Second I brought it in, it allowed my knees to open and I had a stronger squat. Before, my abductors prevented me from hitting proper depth it felt. Lilly is cool ****. Reminds me of Wendler a bit.
    [email protected]

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    I had a semi wide stance before. Second I brought it in, it allowed my knees to open and I had a stronger squat. Before, my abductors prevented me from hitting proper depth it felt. Lilly is cool ****. Reminds me of Wendler a bit.
    I had rodja take a look at my opener, he suggested I move it in a bit as well. I'm gonna play around next week and narrow it and work up to my opener

8. I think it'll be a positive difference. I wouldn't anticipate a drop in strength or anything like that.
    [email protected]

9. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    I had rodja take a look at my opener, he suggested I move it in a bit as well. I'm gonna play around next week and narrow it and work up to my opener
    Take a front vid and look at the angle of your shins in relation to your foot placement. You want them vertical and not angled.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

10. If I recall, his chins seemed fairly vertical compared to mine
    [email protected]

11. Need a front vid bubba! Knee placement over the feet...adduct or abduct
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

12. I gotta forward lean but stay behind my toes still and weight off of my toes. I just didn't have the hip mobility to squat with Napalms semi-widish stance.
    [email protected]

13. just tried on size 34 double ply hardcore. took a puttin the straps on the monolift and jacking it up to get the straps on my shoulders

[email protected]

14. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF

Take a front vid and look at the angle of your shins in relation to your foot placement. You want them vertical and not angled.
    When you're right, you're right brother. I've been aware of where my knees are forever. My left hammy is preventing me from sitting back as far as I need to. Pulled it dl'ing about 4 months ago and it won't get better.

I've been able to squat almost pain free, and haven't had to drop any weight so I'm going with it.

After nats, I have a number of things to look at; a squat technique makeover is one of them.

15. Sean, I would say our knee angles are pretty similar.

AZ, I have a front vid in my gay uncut log - worst log ever by the way...

Go take a look and let me know what you think, I'm on my phone at my kids v-ball tourney now...

16. dude I did a multivitamin log, that was gay
    [email protected]

17. Cube Method W1 ME Deadlift

http://youtu.be/HEtmyGLwqOY

Prewo: 4 Joint Help caps, Joint Force spray, 9g CitMal, 1.5 scoop Enhanced (**** is good!!), 5g creating mono, 1 scoop whey.

Intra: 2x Formutech BCAA sample.

Warmup:
    Banded hip mobility work, foam roll, BW squats and lunges

Deficit Pulls (1.25")
    405x2x3
    405x2+red mini bands
    405x2+red mini bands+chains (~525 at top?)

4" Block, Snatch Grip Pull
    315x8x3

ATG Front Squat
    185x8x4

Banded Sissy Squats
    x8x3

I got carried away with the pulls but **** it, I didn't miss a rep. I was bull****tin around with the gym owners and the rogue platform so we just started slapping **** on. I'll figure out the math here in a bit. I believe the bands are 15 at the bottom and 60 at top, without the deficit, then a 30lb chain each side. Felt great.

Snatch grips still suck.

Banded sissy squats...did it on the sissy squat platform feet holder thing..ran a light orange from the base of a vertical support and looped around my waist. I had to use hip drive to stand up so I feel that definetly helped.

Gym owner is trying to convince me to go double ply instead of single. Stickin with single.
    [email protected]

18. Nice pulls man.

I used the sissy squat stand today too. That thing smokes my quads.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

19. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Nice pulls man.

I used the sissy squat stand today too. That thing smokes my quads.
    Sissy squats are miserable. Legs are on fire.
    [email protected]

20. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Sean, I would say our knee angles are pretty similar.

AZ, I have a front vid in my gay uncut log - worst log ever by the way...

Go take a look and let me know what you think, I'm on my phone at my kids v-ball tourney now...
    Watched them..Bring the feet in bubba...your MCL will appreciate it as well. You do still have to mentally force the knees outward when squatting though.

21. I double up a onyx mini band around me knees when I warmup and its helped train my knees to push out. I pretend like I'm making room for my belly in the hole.

I'm still wired from the Enhanced.

Edit for my workout post. Read last night from Westside to point toes straight when deadlifting to increase hip rotation if you have a weak lockout so that was my first time today with it. Usually I'm pointed slightly outwards.
    [email protected]

22. Not sure how I missed this...the only logs I look for are PL.

Dude, you're crazy strong. I'm subbed, and jealous.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

23. haha thanks for joining man. Im all thighs. Just wait until you see my bench press...pathetic!!
    [email protected]

24. gyms new shirts
    [email protected]

25. Where did you get that shirt big man?? Enhanced is rocket fuel bubba. LOl

26. My gym made them. Front just says Billerica barbell club with a barbell and that's the back in the pic obviously. Pretty badass. I'll send ya one

Enhanced is great. I hate DMAA now and this is the first prewo so far that's given me compareble energy, minus the nausea. Even after struggling 10 minutes to try the suit on and the heavy pulls I was still wired.

Goin for a run with the wife and baby stroller now..**** my life.
    [email protected]

27. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF

Watched them..Bring the feet in bubba...your MCL will appreciate it as well. You do still have to mentally force the knees outward when squatting though.
    Well, I think it's unanimous now. I'll try just outside shoulders next week and vid it. Thank god for deload.

Yeah, knees out and chest up are my queues.

And thanks brotha...

28. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    gyms new shirts
    Want

29. I'm gonna make a singlet with that for the mini me
    [email protected]

30. Does your gym have a web site that I can get the T from?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerlifting Journey
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
  3. Powerlifting Motivation
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum