Sean's Powerlifting Journey

Page 2 of 498 First 1234 ... Last

1. We shall see. He did a double with 280 yesterday. He has all his size in his lower body from many years of hockey so the upper body was neglected. He's only 21 so there is plenty of time to grow.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

2. I'm in buddy!

Celtic Labs Rep
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    I'm in buddy!

Celtic Labs Rep
    Long time no see, superman! How are things?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

4. I'm looking into some single ply suits and gear...Thoughts? Still researching bigtime.
    [email protected]

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    I'm looking into some single ply suits and gear...Thoughts? Still researching bigtime.
    You've developed enough, and your form is good enough to move to the dark side. Once I get to 405, I'm getting some briefs...
    •   

6. From what I've seen so far, my new Rage shirt has an extremely forgiving groove and is definitely strong. I've had both brothers bench heavy in it. Titan has the best single ply stuff. F6 shirt for an arch and tuck bencher, Super Centurion suit is a mean squatter. I haven't looked at deadlift suits. If you learn sumo, you can put the Super Centurion on backwards and use it. I saw one guy use that and two guys use Metal deadlifters at the meet. Bench shirts were much more numerous and harder to identify.

7. My gym owner has a Izner Hardcore squat suit I may try to fit into next week. I understand it'll be a game changer and I won't be competing anytime soon equipped...but why not? May start purchasing an item at a time each pay period. Should I begin briefs first?
    [email protected]

8. Awh man! I wanted to try that one! Rodja recommended to me to start with briefs. I ended up buying his. I forget the reasoning behind it, but that's what he said. I'd try to get that Hardcore on and give it a ****in spin!

9. He said its sized 195-210 so it'll be a tight fit. Sittin at 213 this morning.
    [email protected]

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    He said its sized 195-210 so it'll be a tight fit. Sittin at 213 this morning.
    From what I understand, it's better to start loose than tight. Too tight might fold you in half at a most inopportune time...

11. Sounds comfortable
    [email protected]

12. Yeah, too tight sucks. I thought I was really getting the hang of manipulating my bench shirts, until I bought this tight one. That was just a huge mess to get on, and it totally flattened my arch and crushed my scap retraction. If the suit is broken in, you stand a much better chance.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Long time no see, superman! How are things?
    Not bad. My liver has come around somewhat. Levels are still well above norm, but on the lower end compared to where I had been. I'm beginning to wonder if I have gentically high iron because that's been another symptom and after talking with my Dad last weekend it runs in the family as rampantly as Type 1 diabetes does (uncle, aunt, and dad all have it now and G-pa and G-ma both had it). That will definitely put a hurt on a guy's liver. I've been taking Anteaus Labs Aegis for a while now and it seems to be helping. I'm also planning on starting to get my blood drawn regularly as well as this can help with the excess iron.

My strength took a major nose dive, but not being able to train at normal intervals the last 4 months will do that. January was a total wash. February saw me starting to get back in the gym, but then my daughter was born on Feb 17th. Now well into April and almost to her 2 month birthday we have 4 weeks left before she can start coming to the day care at our gym and my wife and I can start training together again.

I'm planning on doing my next show in November. The Rocky Mountain Championships in Denver are that month. So, I've got about 2 months to gain some muscle back before starting to cut.

14. Well good luck man. Glad your health is coming back. Congrats on being a dad, that's pretty awesome
    [email protected]

15. Thanks! Being a Dad is so amazing!!! I wouldn't trade it for all the gym sessions and muscle growth in the world!
  16. Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]

17. I'll watch it later when I'm not at work. I've worked out from home quite a bit over the years. One arm pushups, triangle pushups, wall pushups, stair case pullups, one legged squats, walking lunges, floor glute ham raises, and one legged calf raises for the win. Not to mention, sprints out on the lawn.

18. Good 'ol ghetto muscle!

19. Izner Blast shirt, briefs and Max deadlift suit ordered. Will grab the squat suit at a later time. **** it
    [email protected]

20. Hardcore big man!! Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

21. I definetly don't know what the hell I'm doing lol My gym owner will be giving me a hand. The few weeks after I get them in will be interesting.

Side note: E-pharm Joint Force is the ****.
    [email protected]

22. Which Blast did you get? That's a good one to try to see if you want to continue with it. The seams are one thread wide, though. So it hurts exponentially more than a better made shirt with wider seams. More cutting than pressure. You'll definitely feel some pop, but what's nice is you don't have to change how you bench, the groove is where you want it.

You'll have to let me know about the briefs!
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

23. Actually just ended up ordering the Max dl suit tonight. I cant find my tape measure so I'll use one at my gym tomorrow. I'm looking at the standard blast or heavy duty blast. I'll grab my briefs then. Figure I'll wear the 34 briefs until I get my body weight where I want it and by that time I'll have the squat suit.
    [email protected]

24. sean, you're strong, really strong. why do you want to go to gear?

25. It interests me, to be honest. I still intend to total elite raw before I give that up. Not fully commting to gear yet but want to test the waters. I've been having random money fall in my lap lately so now is my time to not feel guilty for blowing 150 on a suit.
    [email protected]

26. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    It interests me, to be honest. I still intend to total elite raw before I give that up. Not fully commting to gear yet but want to test the waters. I've been having random money fall in my lap lately so now is my time to not feel guilty for blowing 150 on a suit.
    You can send some of that random money my way lol.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I've been having random money fall in my lap lately.
    'splain this...

28. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

You can send some of that random money my way lol.
    lol Uncle Sam owed us a chunk of change, tax returns, travel claims, ect I ain't rich, but like I said-it's my one time to not feel guilty buyin it. I never spend money on myself.
    [email protected]

29. I'd say go with the HD Blast or the EHPHD. At least get something pretty good instead of a VERY minimal shirt.

You figure the Blast gave me 25lbs from my meet bench, and I've popped a lot of material in the chest plate. It's nice that it's cheap, but it really doesn't last.

Or just go with the Rage. The Rage costs the same as an EHPHD, but it's a better shirt. It's not hard to learn, like I said both of my brothers have gotten big benches finished in it, with zero prior shirt experience.

OR call up or email the guys at Anderson Powerlifting, they'll walk you through it and get your Titan shirt PERFECT.
    Training log:

30. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    sean, you're strong, really strong. why do you want to go to gear?
    Napalm, forgive me if I seem intrusive, but with your injuries, gear could be awesome for you. The original purpose of the supportive equipment was injury prevention. Even some light duty stuff could help stave off injury and provide a bit of overload and have you totaling bigger and feeling better.
    Training log:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerlifting Journey
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM