Sean's Powerlifting Journey

Page 2 of 609 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    The sad thing is that's all heavy for me, oh well ya gotta start somewhere.
    When you end up where you want to be, it'll make where you started from that much sweeter!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

2. And yes Sean, he goes on the 4th of May. He's getting nervous. Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    And yes Sean, he goes on the 4th of May. He's getting nervous. Lol
    Ohh I definetly was too. What's his weight class?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

4. He is in the 220 class. We originally had thoughts of doing the 198 class back in december but he has put on almost 20 lbs since. He is hoping for numbers similar to yours if all goes as planned.

5. **** ya man. Good for him. Hope to god he beats my bench though lol
    [email protected]
    •   

6. We shall see. He did a double with 280 yesterday. He has all his size in his lower body from many years of hockey so the upper body was neglected. He's only 21 so there is plenty of time to grow.

7. I'm in buddy!

Celtic Labs Rep

8. Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    I'm in buddy!

Celtic Labs Rep
    Long time no see, superman! How are things?
    [email protected]

9. I'm looking into some single ply suits and gear...Thoughts? Still researching bigtime.
    [email protected]

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    I'm looking into some single ply suits and gear...Thoughts? Still researching bigtime.
    You've developed enough, and your form is good enough to move to the dark side. Once I get to 405, I'm getting some briefs...

11. From what I've seen so far, my new Rage shirt has an extremely forgiving groove and is definitely strong. I've had both brothers bench heavy in it. Titan has the best single ply stuff. F6 shirt for an arch and tuck bencher, Super Centurion suit is a mean squatter. I haven't looked at deadlift suits. If you learn sumo, you can put the Super Centurion on backwards and use it. I saw one guy use that and two guys use Metal deadlifters at the meet. Bench shirts were much more numerous and harder to identify.

12. My gym owner has a Izner Hardcore squat suit I may try to fit into next week. I understand it'll be a game changer and I won't be competing anytime soon equipped...but why not? May start purchasing an item at a time each pay period. Should I begin briefs first?
    [email protected]

13. Awh man! I wanted to try that one! Rodja recommended to me to start with briefs. I ended up buying his. I forget the reasoning behind it, but that's what he said. I'd try to get that Hardcore on and give it a ****in spin!

14. He said its sized 195-210 so it'll be a tight fit. Sittin at 213 this morning.
    [email protected]

15. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    He said its sized 195-210 so it'll be a tight fit. Sittin at 213 this morning.
    From what I understand, it's better to start loose than tight. Too tight might fold you in half at a most inopportune time...

16. Sounds comfortable
    [email protected]

17. Yeah, too tight sucks. I thought I was really getting the hang of manipulating my bench shirts, until I bought this tight one. That was just a huge mess to get on, and it totally flattened my arch and crushed my scap retraction. If the suit is broken in, you stand a much better chance.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Long time no see, superman! How are things?
    Not bad. My liver has come around somewhat. Levels are still well above norm, but on the lower end compared to where I had been. I'm beginning to wonder if I have gentically high iron because that's been another symptom and after talking with my Dad last weekend it runs in the family as rampantly as Type 1 diabetes does (uncle, aunt, and dad all have it now and G-pa and G-ma both had it). That will definitely put a hurt on a guy's liver. I've been taking Anteaus Labs Aegis for a while now and it seems to be helping. I'm also planning on starting to get my blood drawn regularly as well as this can help with the excess iron.

My strength took a major nose dive, but not being able to train at normal intervals the last 4 months will do that. January was a total wash. February saw me starting to get back in the gym, but then my daughter was born on Feb 17th. Now well into April and almost to her 2 month birthday we have 4 weeks left before she can start coming to the day care at our gym and my wife and I can start training together again.

I'm planning on doing my next show in November. The Rocky Mountain Championships in Denver are that month. So, I've got about 2 months to gain some muscle back before starting to cut.

19. Well good luck man. Glad your health is coming back. Congrats on being a dad, that's pretty awesome
    [email protected]

20. Thanks! Being a Dad is so amazing!!! I wouldn't trade it for all the gym sessions and muscle growth in the world!
  21. Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]

22. I'll watch it later when I'm not at work. I've worked out from home quite a bit over the years. One arm pushups, triangle pushups, wall pushups, stair case pullups, one legged squats, walking lunges, floor glute ham raises, and one legged calf raises for the win. Not to mention, sprints out on the lawn.

23. Good 'ol ghetto muscle!

24. Izner Blast shirt, briefs and Max deadlift suit ordered. Will grab the squat suit at a later time. **** it
    [email protected]

25. Hardcore big man!! Lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerlifting Journey
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
  3. Powerlifting Motivation
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum