Sean's Powerlifting Journey

Page 15 of 498 First ... 1314151617 ... Last

1. I'm only resetting because of the gear and to have the 9 week template for shirted bench line up with the rest of the program, otherwise I'd continue. The advice I was given on the Cube FB page by Corey Hayes was to just get a feel for the weights since I don't have a geared 1RM. If its too light-add more. If DE days are too heavy, take off weight. If any geared lifters here (Rodja) have some better advice, lemme know what ya think.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. These look comfortable

Not
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [email protected]
    •   

3. Bet you can't wait to break em in!
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

4. Probably slept in one last night. Lmao
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

5. hahahah nah I just got off work this morning and they were here. the legs are only a few inches bigger than my biceps. gonna not feel good at all lol
    [email protected]
    •   

6. SO glad my briefs were broken in. SO. GLAD.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

7. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    SO glad my briefs were broken in. SO. GLAD.
    I hope Rodja washed them.
    [email protected]

8. Nope. His taint juice is ingrained.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Nope. His taint juice is ingrained.
    He did say that the briefs had received lots of care.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

10. Hahahaha. No visible sweat stains, so I'm grateful for that. They definitely have sauna suit qualities.
    Training log:

11. Reset the Cube next week with gear. Establish 1RM's in gear week of July 8th, week of the 15th I'll take completely off (I'll be on leave back in my home state with family) Then see where I'm at and continue training for the USAPL Boston Open in September.
    [email protected]

12. Enjoy the bruises to come and maximum chaf***e if you have upper thigh mass.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I'm only resetting because of the gear and to have the 9 week template for shirted bench line up with the rest of the program, otherwise I'd continue. The advice I was given on the Cube FB page by Corey Hayes was to just get a feel for the weights since I don't have a geared 1RM. If its too light-add more. If DE days are too heavy, take off weight. If any geared lifters here (Rodja) have some better advice, lemme know what ya think.
    Your first wave of gear should just be focused on adjusting to the restriction and the bar groove. You almost have to learn to set up all over again as your mobility is restricted from raw benching. Don't worry about touching for a couple of months as your CNS and joints need time to acclimate to the increased loads. Other than that, I like to do a 2:1 weeks of shirt:raw work. I usually do floor press on the raw week to let my back rest as it is often what takes the brunt of the pain while I bench.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

14. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Enjoy the bruises to come and maximum chaf***e if you have upper thigh mass.
    This right here. The anchor points on my tri's have been marked for a couple months now, and I'm starting to see some bands of bruising staying around for awhile.

Agree with Rodja, too. Work hard to stay on your traps and keep your arch.

And play with your grip, too. With the shoulder support from the shirt, you might be able to widen it with no discomfort. I go middle finger on the ring. Wider than that and I get no lockout power.
    Training log:

15. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    This right here. The anchor points on my tri's have been marked for a couple months now, and I'm starting to see some bands of bruising staying around for awhile.

Agree with Rodja, too. Work hard to stay on your traps and keep your arch.

And play with your grip, too. With the shoulder support from the shirt, you might be able to widen it with no discomfort. I go middle finger on the ring. Wider than that and I get no lockout power.
    True story.

Good point on the wide grip, I brought mine from between the inner and outer ring to middle finger on the ring. Made a huge difference in being able to touch weight and press it.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Your first wave of gear should just be focused on adjusting to the restriction and the bar groove. You almost have to learn to set up all over again as your mobility is restricted from raw benching. Don't worry about touching for a couple of months as your CNS and joints need time to acclimate to the increased loads. Other than that, I like to do a 2:1 weeks of shirt:raw work. I usually do floor press on the raw week to let my back rest as it is often what takes the brunt of the pain while I bench.
    I appreciate the advice man. I realize my percentages being applied to the Cube will be pretty much non-existent because I have no idea what the gear will be able to provide me. I like the idea of the 2:1 shirt:raw and floor pressing. I plan on making full use of board presses. The next 9 weeks will be very new. Hopefully I can get it on lockdown for September.

I'm curious to see how it will be for me hitting depth..

Herder/Nomz-Thanks for the tips guys. I'll see what my grip wil be like. I'm hoping to god the shirt even fits me.
    [email protected]

17. Lol. If it's small, don't do what I did. Send that ish back. I think your depth is always strong, you'll just have to get a feel for where depth is again in gear. When I tried to bury my reps, my knees would shoot forward and I'd wiggle like hell. Funny looking stuff. That and my being a weak puss c are why I cut my squats high.
    Training log:

18. Hopefully it's a tad loose, you can always get a seamstress to tailor it to you, or get smaller gear.

Looser gear is easier to learn, and then tighten it up when you have it dialed in.

19. I'm all up in this one as well. What up Sean?
    Independent Review

20. Hey what's up buddy? Hm so far we have Coast Guard, Army, Navy, and now Marines haha
    [email protected]

21. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Hey what's up buddy? Hm so far we have Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and now Marines haha
    Lol. I'm IRR now. Life is good. May go back to do AR around October when the new jobs are opened. Desk jockey has a nice ring to it
    Independent Review

22. Who's CG? Thought about that route at one point long ago
    Independent Review

23. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

Lol. I'm IRR now. Life is good. May go back to do AR around October when the new jobs are opened. Desk jockey has a nice ring to it
    Being out sounds great sometimes but I have no idea what I'd do. Grass is always greener on the other side, right?
    [email protected]

24. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Who's CG? Thought about that route at one point long ago
    I am. It's not a bad gig. I'm at a SAR station now so it's more like bein a cop/firefighter on the water. I did the tactical crap before and the seatime before that.
    [email protected]

25. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

Being out sounds great sometimes but I have no idea what I'd do. Grass is always greener on the other side, right?
    It is weird! I dropped my wife off at school yesterday and heard the medical chopper whirring overhead and felt kinda sad for a second about not getting on one of those for a mission ever again, or even all the noise when you're on base... Memories...
    Independent Review

26. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

I am. It's not a bad gig. I'm at a SAR station now so it's more like bein a cop/firefighter on the water. I did the tactical crap before and the seatime before that.
    That's what attracted me to it- like being a cop/firefighter at a port. Good stuff

All about tactical. Love me some vbss
    Independent Review

27. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

Life goes on...
    Independent Review

28. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

That's what attracted me to it- like being a cop/firefighter at a port. Good stuff

All about tactical. Love me some vbss
    I'm gonna try to get to one of the deployable forces next...I miss the fun boat drivin..

Now I just cruise the harbor and check life jackets, catch drunks, and tow broken fishing boats lol 2 days on 2 days off for 4 years ****in sucks though
    [email protected]

29. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

I'm gonna try to get to one of the deployable forces next...I miss the fun boat drivin..
    Nothing like cruising a rhib in choppy water... Ow!

Only been on a cutter as far as CG vessels go. Talk about cramped...
    Independent Review

30. That's what I'm trying to avoid the rest of my career lol
    [email protected]
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerlifting Journey
    By badwolf42 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
  3. Powerlifting Motivation
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum