DAG2013's 5/3/1 Workout Log

DAG2013

Awards
I signed up for AM not too long ago and have been really happy about the community and the vast amount of information sharing that goes on within these walls. I have been logging my own workouts for some time and since I just switched to 5/3/1 based on recommendations on this board, I figured I would start posting up the results. I'll be mixing in supplements as I go through cycle phases on 5/3/1 so it'll also be an opportunity for me to keep on how stuff is working for me personally.

Little background:
Back in college, some 16 years ago (gulp), I weighed in at a jiggly 235 at 5'8". I was pretty miserable, was enjoying my freshman year too much, and wasnt doing much of anything physically. I had always been on the bigger side but decided enough was enough. I got down to 155lbs in about a 7 months time frame, didnt feel very healthy doing it but my clothes sure fit better. After that I took lifting seriously for the first time in my life, and for about 6 months I did great job hitting the gym and weighed in at about 175lbs.

I slowly gained the weight back after college and as my first marriage ended, I topped at 225lbs. My body composition was different than it had been back in college, but it wasnt good. After my divorce, I obviously got back into the dating scene and was also downhill mountain bike racing. I was training hard, doing well, until I suffered a grade III shoulder seperation on my left shoulder. I worked hard to get back on my bike, won the last race of the season but I havent raced since October 2010. Since then, Ive recommitted to eating healthy and taking better care of my body, something that my new wife and I very much share in common.

I have some theories about my biology which it will be interesting to test throughout this log and supplementation. The first of which is that I am estrogen sensitive, my first supplement cycle is including PES Erase as a result of that theory. I also believe that my body responds better when my food ratios are close 40/30/30, I typically eat somewhere with 10% +/- of that. My food cheats fall on the weekends, I'll be sure to include those as well!

My next 5/3/1 cycle will start on Monday, March 4. I have been doing the main exercise and then doing about 80-100 reps of assistance exercises depending on what week I am in the 5/3/1 timeline.

First cycle goal - Recomp

First supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1
PES Enhanced
PES Erase
PES Alphamine

Enjoy the ride if you follow, I know I will.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #1

AM Supplementation
Versa-1, Enhanced, Erase - 30 minutes pre-workout and taken in a fasted state

5/3/1 Week 1, Day 1 - Bench Press
175lbs x 5
200lbs x 5
230lbs x 12 (PR)

My assistance exercises this morning were dips, machine chest fly, incline dumbell press, and cable tricep press. A total of 140 reps of assistance completed in sets of 10. Little more than I usually do but I was feeling it and moving fast, total workout time was only 35 minutes.

Supplement notes - very focused, some thermogenic effect, clean energy (still feel it 4 hours later). Alphamine will be taken mid-morning (2 scoops) and afternoon (1 scoop), second Erase pill early afternoon.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #2

Off day from lifting

Cardio - Hockey game tonight

Supplementation will be same as yesterday with the exception of Enhanced.

Supplement notes - I ran alphamine a little last year and didnt really notice anything so I didnt continue it. Then again, I wasnt following a good diet and wasnt as active/lifting as frequently. I did miss the taste though which is surprisingly good. Noticed some DOMS this morning from yesterday's chest workout, I noticed that throughout my first V-1 cycle as well.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #3

Preworkout Supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Enhanced - 1.5 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap
All taken 30 minutes pre-workout in a fasted state

5/3/1 Week 1, Day 2 - Deadlifts
215lbs x 5
245lbs x 5
280lbs x 12 (PR)

My assistance exercises this morning were wide/narrow grip pullups, kroc rows (80lbs), cable bicep curl, barbell bicep curl. A total of 120 reps of assistance completed in sets of 10 except for the kroc rows which was 1 set of 20 reps.

Mid-morning Supplementation
PES Alphamine - 2 scoops

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

Supplement notes - I am really liking Enhanced the more I use it. Hockey last night was against a team of early twenty somethings (my team is over 30) and I didn't know how good my workout would be. The enhanced and Versa-1 got me going by the time I hit the gym and I was able to blast through a deadlift PR by 2 reps. Deadlifts are my weakest lift, but I am starting to enjoy them. I think the Erase is starting to kick in, I've been peeing constantly so I should be drying out, that or I need to cut back on my water intake. Pants felt a little looser this morning.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #4

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

5/3/1 Week 1, Day 3 - Shoulders
110lbs x 5
125lbs x 5
140lbs x 10

My assistance exercises this morning were standing alternating dumbell press (40,45,50), Hammer machine overhead press, shoulder shrugs. A total of 110 reps of assistance completed in sets of 11. Shoulders were my weak point, I made the mistake of ignoring them for a very long time. When I hurt my shoulder 2+ years ago I knew that had to change. I've been really happy with my shoulder strength since making that decision.

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

Supplement notes - I had a conference out of the office today, my routine was a little messed up. Got to work at home in the afternoon but didnt have my alphamine here. Back to regular schedule tomorrow.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #5

AM Supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap
PES Alphamine - 2 scoops

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

Off day today. Squat day tomorrow which I am really looking forward to.

rockme

rockme

Awards
Great looking log, man. Your workouts and supplementation seem very organized. I tried 5/3/1 for a month and was vastly disappointed. I did not get stronger despite being in a huge caloric surplus. By the third week, strength was the same! However, I seem to be the rarity with this, as there are countless 5/3/1 success stories. Just make sure you stick with the templates. I think the BBB template is the best one if anything. I am running a 6 week program myself right now that is a hybrid of Soviet philosophies and Ed Coan. Thinking about logging it because I keep track of everything better....BTW, Erase is awesome, but make sure you are running a quality test booster with it

DAG2013

Awards
Thanks rockme! I was very happy with the first cycle of 5/3/1 and so far so good with cycle #2. This morning was a bit of an off day for bench press, post that shortly, but I think it has to do with less sleep this weekend, a good squat day, spinning yesterday, and not eating all that well. Monday's I am usually a little bit foggy I suspose as my diet gets back to normal.

running erase solo right now just to check it out, but I will be doing EP and test powder shortly.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #6

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

5/3/1 Week 1, Day 4 - Squats
215lbs x 5
245lbs x 5
280lbs x 15

My assistance exercises this morning were squats (185x10x5), back raises (25, 45 10x2 each), dips (10x4) and abs. not a huge number for me on squats but I was pleased. I usually dont do my Saturday workout fasted but I decided to today. COD Black Ops 2 kept me busy the hour before the gym lol

Mid Morning Supplementation
PES Alphamine - 2 scoops

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

Supplement notes - I havent weighed myself at all through this process but my clothes are a little looser, my mid-section seems a little more defined as well. I have some stubborn fat that I just cant seem to kick, I think a little more work on the diet may be in order along with more HIIT style cardio.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #7

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Alphamine- 2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

Spin class - 45 minutes plus 15 minutes pre class

This was tough. I woke up with some DOMS from squat day but decided that I better move my legs. I didnt go as hard as I can on a bike but it felt good. Rest of the day I was pretty sore.

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

Supplement notes - My first squat day on versa-1 caused some pretty bad DOMS the next day. After that though the remaining squat days in my V-1 bottle were fine. Hoping this is the same.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #8

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

5/3/1 Week 2, Day 1 - Bench Press
190lbs x 3
215lbs x 3
240lbs x 6

My assistance exercises this morning were incline hammer press, dips, machine fly, cable triceps press. I knew during my warm up that this was going to be an off day, just didnt feel all that up to it. Surprisingly my assistance exercises went better than my main.

PES Alphamine - 2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

Supplement Notes - added a 3rd Erase cap. We'll see how I feel on that.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #9

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Alphamine- 2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

Elliptical machine - 30 minutes: 5 mins warmup, 20 mins 1:1 HIIT intervals, 5 min cooldown
Abs - hanging leg raises 20x4, dumbbell side bends 10x3 (45, 50, 55)

Got right up today and didnt feel sore in the legs, no DOMs from yesterday's chest workout.

Mid morning and PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 2 caps
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

General notes - My stomach is back to normal after fighting through the crappy foods from the weekend. Thinking I'll stick a little closer to my diet this coming weekend to see how Monday goes..

DAG2013

Awards
Day #10

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

230lbs x 3
265lbs x 3
295lbs x 8

My assistance exercises this morning were wide/narrow grip pullups, cable bicep curl, barbell bicep curl. A total of 100 reps of assistance completed in sets of 10.

PES Alphamine - 2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

Supplement notes - Day 3 of taking 3 Erase pills. Dont' have joint pain to complain about. Hockey game at night, felt fine despite playing against a team of college students.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #11

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

5/3/1 Week 1, Day 2 - Shoulders
115lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
150lbs x 10 (PR)

My assistance exercises this morning were hammer shoulder press, standing alternating dumbbell press (40, 45, 50, 55, 45), and dumbbell shrugs (95, 95, 110). My last shoulder press rep was fairly ugly but I managed to push it up there, definitely a PR I was psyched about despite the form.

PES Alphamine - 2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Good looking log so far. How is the Versa-1/Enhanced combo treating you? Feeling a better mind-muscle connection? Getting solid pumps from it?

I like Enhanced. And what's in Versa-1, is also in Enhanced. I would imagine given the formulation of Enhanced, it'd pair well with Versa-1.

DAG2013

Awards
Good looking log so far. How is the Versa-1/Enhanced combo treating you? Feeling a better mind-muscle connection? Getting solid pumps from it?
It has definitely been a great pairing so far. I work out at about 6am so I need something that gets me up and gets me going. The Enhanced certainly does that and the combo together with V1 has me seriously focused all morning. The mind-muscle connection is something that I havent really experienced prior to V1, I ran that solo last cycle to get a feel for it alone. The MMC with Enhanced and V1 has definitely gotten me past some PR's and I didnt really start to take off with V1 until I got to week 3 (week coming up). I have been getting great upper body pumps, specifically triceps.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #12

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Alphamine- 2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

Spin class - 45 minutes plus 15 minutes pre class

Felt good throughout the class even though the instructor was driving me nuts with her poor form and rpm pace. I am pretty sure my spin experiment is over, I didnt really like either of the instructors who taught the class' I did in the last week. It's getting warm enough to run anyway.

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 2 caps

Big squat day tomorrow followed by my favorite cheat meal.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #13

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 2 caps

5/3/1 Week 2, Day 4 - Squats
230lbs x 3
265lbs x 3
295lbs x 15

My assistance exercises this morning were squats (225x10), back raises (25, 45 10x2 each), and abs. Hit the gym a little earlier this Saturday than I usually do. Was pretty happy with the squat number and Im really looking forward to seeing what I can put up this coming weekend.

PES Alphamine - 2 scoops

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

General notes - Wife and I had a nice dinner out the night before this. Didnt break diet other than 2 glasses of wine. I did get to enjoy my favorite cheat meal on Saturday for lunch, Federal Donuts fried chicken. They are the best fried chicken in Philly, gourmet spiced and you get 3 huge pieces of white meat so it's not your KFC style fried chicken where it's mostly skin and no protein. Not to mention the fact that it comes with a donut and makes wherever you eat it smell delicious.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #14

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Alphamine- 2 scoops
PES Erase - 2 cap

Elliptical machine HIIT workout 1:1 intervals, 150-165bpm target heart rate.

After last week I was a little concerned that this would just destroy my legs but I hung in there and made it through. Going to start running again this week.

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 caps

DAG2013

Awards
Day #15

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Enhanced - ~2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

205lbs x 5
230lbs x 3
255lbs x 6 (255x4)

My assistance exercises this morning were incline hammer press, dips, machine fly, cable triceps press. After last week I was a little weary going into today but knew that I had kept closer to my diet this past weekend (despite the fried chicken). I was also not experiencing any DOMS from the squats and HIIT workouts. I ran my last work set and stopped at 6 because I didnt have a spotter around. I knew I had something left in the tank so I ran another set and cranked out 4 more. I figure if I had had a spotter, I would have hit 255x8 in my workset which would have been a PR for me. gym is pretty empty at 630am, I'll take what I can get without risking anything.

PES Alphamine - 2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

Supplement Notes - So far so good on the 3rd Erase cap. I thought I would have issues after hockey last week but I havent had any joint issues to speak of an its been a week.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #16

AM Supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 2 cap
PES Alphamine - 2 scoops

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

Off day today. My wife has been complaining that she doesn't think I have taken enough off days. I actually tend to agree with her. Next cycle I am going to try and lift 4 times and do 4 cardio sessions (including hockey), my schedule will have to change in order to make that happen AND take a day off.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #17

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

5/3/1 Week 3, Day 2 - Deadlifts
245lbs x 5
280lbs x 3
310lbs x 10 (PR!)

My assistance exercises this morning were pullups, Kroc Rows (80x20 PR each side), hammer strength rows, single arm cable bicep curl, barbell bicep curl. A total of 140 reps of assistance completed in sets of 10. So maybe my wife was on to something, the day off produced an interesting result. I also ate a pretty decent amount of food yesterday so that also could have been a factor. 310 for 10 reps is a PR at that weight by 4 reps and it beat my last cycle's week 3 reps of 305x8 which was also a PR. Best part, my grip didn't feel like it was failing. I would also like to thank Disturbed's Down with the Sickness, song started and I just gripped and ripped it. Seems like it worked. Really excited about this PR.

PES Alphamine - 2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

General notes - Hockey tonight. It's playoffs, and potentially my last game with the team I currently play with. Most of the same guys are forming a new team, but there's always something awkward about a team disbanding. maybe Im thinking about it too much at 34.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #17

AM Supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 2 cap
PES Alphamine - 2 scoops

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

Off day again. I dont like taking 2 off days in a week but I didnt get home from hockey till around midnight. Since my workouts are only 6 hours later I opted to just skip the day. Didn't happen on purpose but I ended up fasting until about 1230 and then stopped eating at 8pm. Might have to give IF a try.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #18

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 2 cap

5/3/1 Week 3, Day 3 - Shoulders
125lbs x 5
140lbs x 3
160lbs x 7 (PR)

My assistance exercises this morning were standing alternating dumbbell shoulder press, dumbbell shrugs, push press, hammer strength press. A total of 110 reps of assistance completed in sets of 10. 160 for 7 reps is a PR, I have actually never shoulder pressed 160lbs at all.

PES Alphamine - 2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

Tomorrow is the last big day of lifting before the deload week. Overall I'd say I am pretty happy with the strength results over the last 3 weeks so far.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #19

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 2 caps

5/3/1 Week 3, Day 4 - Squats
245lbs x 5
280lbs x 3
310lbs x 15 (PR)

My assistance exercises this morning were squats (225x10x2, 135x10x2) and abs (cable crunches, leg raises, db side bends). I have been waiting all week for today. I was expecting big things and I didnt disappoint myself. I was a little weary during my 280 set that I would not hit 310 all that hard. But by rep 5 with the 310 I knew I was in good shape; reps 12-15 were pretty hard to push through and I paused at the top longer than I usually do but I was parallel or slightly below for all 15. Since I started 5/3/1, my squat PR has gone from 315x6 to 310x15. That is a huge increase. I have deload week coming up and then after that I have to figure out how to structure 2 weeks before I take a weeks vacation. I will likely start the next cycle and then restart it when I return. I really need to get my diet back in check, too much celebrating lately.

PES Alphamine - 2 scoops

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

General notes - Wife and I had dinner out consisting of oysters, a burger, and a beer. Diet during the day wasnt spectacular.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #20

AM Supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 2 cap
PES Alphamine - 2 scoops

Went for a run today, did about 3 miles or so. It's been a long time since I ran outside but I felt totally fine other than my quads being angry at me for running the day after I did squats.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #21

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

5/3/1 Week 4, Day 1 - Bench Press
165lbs x 5
165lbs x 5
185lbs x 5

My assistance exercises this morning were incline barbell press, cable tricpes press, and barbell bench press. I am not sure what happened but I got a piercing headache during incline press, it went away shortly after I left for the office (about 60 minutes post workout). Not sure if it was the Enhanced, yesterdays food, or lack of water that did it. I'll see what happens on Wednesday, might be time to shake the Enhanced canister.

PES Alphamine - 2 scoops
PES Erase - 1 cap

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

DAG2013

Awards
Day #22

AM Supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 2 cap
PES Alphamine - 2 scoops
BPS Vanillean - 1 cap midmorning

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

Off day today. Did IF again till about 1230ish. Started adding in Vanillean mid morning just to play around.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #23

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

5/3/1 Week 4, Day 2 - Deadlifts
155lbs x 5
185lbs x 10
185lbs x 10

Deload week, felt like lifting more than just 165lbs. My assistance exercises this morning were lat pull downs, Kroc Rows (80x20 each side), single arm cable bicep curl, barbell bicep curl. A total of 100 reps of assistance completed in sets of 10. I got a headache during my workout on Monday and attributed it to my supplementation. I got a similar, but more dull headache this morning on the other side of my head. Fairly certain that today I noticed I was overheating. I noticed in my first cycle of Versa-1 that the thermogenic effect hit me harder further into the cycle, this may be what's going on.

BPS Vanillean- 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

DAG2013

Awards
Day #24

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

5/3/1 Week 4, Day 3 - Shoulders
65lbs x 5
85lbs x 5
105lbs x 5

Deload week, again felt like lifting more than the last set but stuck with that as my max this workout. My assistance exercises this morning were shoulder press (85,85,105 x10), hammer strength shoulder press (90,90, 140,140 x10), shoulder shrugs (190,190, 220 x15). I started to get a headache again during my workout but started drinknig a ton of water and made it through. I think it's the combo of V1 and Enhanced requiring me to drink more water than I did on just V1 alone. I'll be ultra hydrating on Saturday for Squats.

BPS Vanillean- 1 cap
PES Erase - 1 cap

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

DAG2013

Awards
Day #25

AM Supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 2 cap
PES Alphamine - 2 scoops
Taken 30 minutes pre workout in fasted state

Cardio and abs. did intervals on the eliptical. Got a late start this AM which was fine, worked from home today.

PM Supplementation

PES Erase - 1 cap

IF until 1230. the more I play with this the more I am thinking about doing this for my upcoming cut. Just trying to figure out supplementation.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #26

USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 2 caps

5/3/1 Week 4, Day 4 - Squats deload week
185lbs x 10
185lbs x 10
225lbs x 10

My assistance exercises this morning were squats and abs (leg raises, db side bends). pretty quick workout, I stuck with squats because I was thinking ahead to running on Sunday. My workout schedule is going to change after my vacation in 2 weeks, trying to figure out how to mix in more runs which means moving squats to accomodate running and hockey.

PES Alphamine - 2 scoops

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap

DAG2013

Awards
Day #27

AM Supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Erase - 2 cap
PES Alphamine - 2 scoops

2.7 mile run in 23 minutes. Pretty slow going run but I dressed too warm, temps are starting to go up.

PM Supplementation

PES Erase - 1 cap

DAG2013

Awards
Day #28 Last day on current cycle!

AM Supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Enhanced - 1scoop
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop
PES Erase - 2 caps

5/3/1 Week 1, Day 1 - Bench Press
180lbs x 5
205lbs x 5
235lbs x 10

My assistance exercises this morning were machine chest fly, incline hammer press, and cable tricep press (2 different attachments). A total of 140 reps of assistance completed in sets of 10. I have noticed that throughout 5/3/1 my bench press is the only thing that is making really big gains. I attribute this to my body reacting better, IMO, to dumbbell bench than barbell. I may try to figure out how to do that next cycle for 4 weeks just to mix things up and then come back to barbell.

Supplement notes - 1st time doing 1 scoop of Enhanced and 1 scoop of Alphamine. actually liked it. I do think that my previous headaches were a result of too much Enhanced/V1 coupled with not drinking enough water. On one scoop of Enhanced today I didnt get a headache at all.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #29

AM Supplementation
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

HIIT workout on elliptical and then treadmill. started off doing 1:1 intervals at 1 min for 5 intervals on elliptical. Then switched over 1:1 for 45 seconds on treadmill at 11-12mph. Total calories burned 400 in about 25 mins. Some abs after.

Mid morning supplementation
PES Erase - 2 caps
BPS Vanillean - 2 caps

PM Supplementation

PES Erase - 1 cap
BPS Vanillean - 1 cap

IF until 1230pm, starting to get used to IF methods and have been ready a ton about it. Will definitely be giving it a more formal cut after vacation. Thinking a 8-10 week cut with a bunch of different stuff that I have laying around.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #30

PES Enhanced - 1 scoop
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop
Scivation Xtend - 1 scoop

225lbs x 5
255lbs x 5
290lbs x 12 (PR!)

Holy crap, felt amazing this morning through deads. I added Xtend to my pre-workout drink this morning, I typically take throughout the day but after reading some Leangains info decided to try this. Worked out very well I think, waiting to see what happens tomorrow. I got to rep 5 at 290lbs and knew I had more in the tank, I was shocked when I pressed straight through 10. during my last cycle I did 285x10 and 295x8, so for me this was a huge day. My assistance exercises this morning were lat pull downs, single arm cable rows, cable bicep curls. Pump from the alpha/enhanced was ridiculous.

BPS Vanillean- 2 caps
PES Erase - 2 caps

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap
BPS Vanillean - 1 cap

DAG2013

Awards
Day #31

PES Enhanced - 1 scoop
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

5/3/1 Week 1, Day 3 - Shoulders
110lbs x 5
130lbs x 5
145lbs x 12 (PR!)

Felt amazing again this morning. I dont really know what is going on the past 2 days but it's either adding Xtend to my preworkout conconction or its following IF/LG eating protocols. Either way, I like the results and will stick with it till it doesnt work as well. Two PR's in 2 days is not shabby. My assistance exercises this morning were single arm dumbbell press, hammer press, front barbell raises, and shoulder shrugs. About 120 reps total done in 10 rep sets. Pumps high again, more vascularity too. starting to notice the vein popping out in my shoulder.

BPS Vanillean- 2 caps
PES Erase - 2 caps

PM Supplementation
PES Erase - 1 cap
BPS Vanillean - 1 cap

I only have 1 more day left of Erase and then I'll be off AI's for about 2 weeks. I have vacation coming up in 10 days so that will be a nice break from everything. When I get back, I'll be doing a cutting stack with various stuff including iForce Intimidate SRT.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #33

PES Enhanced - 1 scoop
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

5/3/1 Week 1, Day 4 - Squats
225lbs x 5
255lbs x 5
290lbs x 12

Not my greatest squat day but starting to feel like my allergies are kicking in, not feeling 100%. Also tried to wait until 1030am to lift fasted and then keep in IF till 1230. That seemed to not work so well, looks like my body reacts better to lifting first thing and then keeping in IF till lunch. Broke fast with my favorite cheat meal, fried chicken and donuts. Likely last time I'll have that till July, wife pointed out that my stomach tends to have an unfavorable reaction to that. It's worth it though :p

DAG2013

Awards
Day #34

AM Supplementation
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

HIIT workout on elliptical and then treadmill. started off doing 1:1 intervals at 1 min for 5 intervals on elliptical. Then switched over 1:1 for 45 seconds on treadmill at 11-12.5mph. Total calories burned 400 in about 25 mins. Some abs after.

DAG2013

Awards
Day #35

AM Supplementation
USPLabs Versa-1 - 1 cap
PES Enhanced - 1scoop
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

195lbs x 3
220lbs x 3
250lbs x 6

My assistance exercises this morning were machine chest fly, incline hammer press, and cable tricep press (2 different attachments). A total of 140 reps of assistance completed in sets of 10.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Sub'd.. Great stack, I'm currently doing 531 As well. In to see Your numbers blow up!! Keep up the progress

DAG2013

Awards
thanks! last stack is over. will be starting up some stuff in about 2 weeks. Pretty excited to get that started. will post more about it before go away for vacation, still some stuff in the air.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
thanks! last stack is over. will be starting up some stuff in about 2 weeks. Pretty excited to get that started. will post more about it before go away for vacation, still some stuff in the air.
Great ..post it up.. Excited to see whats your new arsenal

DAG2013

Awards
Day #36 - Off day, no supplementation at all. Off site meeting for work that lasted all day.

Day #37

PES Enhanced - 1 scoop
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

5/3/1 Week 2, Day 2 - Deadlifts
235lbs x 3
275lbs x 3
305lbs x 10

My assistance exercises this morning were lat pull downs, single arm cable rows, cable bicep curls, barbell bicep curls. 120 reps completed. Felt a little DOMS in the morning from Monday's workout.

BPS Vanillean- 2 caps

PM Supplementation

BPS Vanillean - 1 cap

DAG2013

Awards
Day #38

PES Enhanced - 1 scoop
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

5/3/1 Week 2, Day 3 - Shoulders
120lbs x 3
140lbs x 3
155lbs x 8

They all cant be PR days. I need to keep telling myself that just because the calculator in my 5/3/1 spreadsheet doesnt show a PR for 1MR, doesnt mean that its not a PR for reps at a specific weight. My week 3 result for shoulder press was 160x7, Id say I am pretty close to beating that. I also had hockey last night, didnt get in bed till about 1215am but still woke up at 6am to workout. My assistance exercises this morning were single arm dumbbell press, hammer press, and shoulder shrugs. 100 reps total done in 10 rep sets.

BPS Vanillean- 2 caps

PM Supplementation
BPS Vanillean - 1 cap

Only 1 more day of lifting before my vacation starts. should be a nice break for my body, at least till our switchover day on Thursday. Will be going quiet after Saturday until at least Thursday.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Day #38

PES Enhanced - 1 scoop
PES Alphamine - 1 scoop

5/3/1 Week 2, Day 3 - Shoulders
120lbs x 3
140lbs x 3
155lbs x 8

They all cant be PR days. I need to keep telling myself that just because the calculator in my 5/3/1 spreadsheet doesnt show a PR for 1MR, doesnt mean that its not a PR for reps at a specific weight. My week 3 result for shoulder press was 160x7, Id say I am pretty close to beating that. I also had hockey last night, didnt get in bed till about 1215am but still woke up at 6am to workout. My assistance exercises this morning were single arm dumbbell press, hammer press, and shoulder shrugs. 100 reps total done in 10 rep sets.

BPS Vanillean- 2 caps

PM Supplementation
BPS Vanillean - 1 cap

Only 1 more day of lifting before my vacation starts. should be a nice break for my body, at least till our switchover day on Thursday. Will be going quiet after Saturday until at least Thursday.
Doing the bodybuilding template??? Lifts lookin good brotha.. Keep it up

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I think I might have asked you this before, but how is Vanillean treating you? Do you take before you go to sleep, or a few hours before calling it a night?

DAG2013

Awards
I only take it during the day. 2 caps in the morning around 930am and then 1 cap around 3pm. I am doing IF right now, my feed window starts around 12-1230 and lasts for 8 hours. The Vanillean certainly supresses my appetite, especially on days that I lift where my first post workout meal (excluding BCAA's) isn't for about 5 hours post workout.

It just started to get warmer up this way, I didnt really notice the additional heat from the morning caps until last week. I'll be running it throughout my upcoming cut.

DAG2013

Awards
Doing the bodybuilding template??? Lifts lookin good brotha.. Keep it up
Thanks. I read Wendler's 5/3/1 book (v2) but the best information I read about assistance exercises was over on T-Nation. He said over there that he'll just perscribe 100 reps of pulling or pushing motions and tell his clients to have at it. the goal of the assistance isnt to go to failure, just to supplement the main course. It's like an after dinner drink.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Thanks. I read Wendler's 5/3/1 book (v2) but the best information I read about assistance exercises was over on T-Nation. He said over there that he'll just perscribe 100 reps of pulling or pushing motions and tell his clients to have at it. the goal of the assistance isnt to go to failure, just to supplement the main course. It's like an after dinner drink.
Yea I got most of my information on that site,. Haven't bought the book either, I figured I can pretty much gather as much info on it over the net and then any real questions I can ask around the forums .. But from the looks of it, it does seem to match the bb template that I saw on his site.. Well best of luck with the program.. I'm at 3rd cycle but bout to drop it just for the summer.. Hard to gain strength on a calorie deficit.