Beast Mode Recomp

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
Hey guys, this is going to be a recomp log for the next 2-3 months! For those who are interested to follow along, this will be updated daily with Diet and Training information.
I'm very open to advice as I myself am still fairly new.

Before and After pictures will be posted.

ABOUT ME:

Goals: Recomp. Drop in 10-15lbs/3-5% BF while retaining muscle mass. Certain situations at work have made this a slightly drastic measure.
Height: 5'8ish
Weight: 194
Body fat: 20-23% (Reason for this being so high is during my combat workup, was a slacker, ate like ****, no gym, MRE's for 2 straight months, etc...)
Body type: Endomorph (Slow as **** metabolism)

Current PR's
(none of these are 1RM, just the most i've done on the last set)
Bench Press: 205
Shoulder Press: 185
Dead lift: 335
Squat: 300

Current Supplements:
Giant Sports Delicious Protein
BSN Syntha-6 Protein
All American EFX Kre-Alkelyn Pro
Athletic Xtreme German Creatine
USPLabs SuperCissus
CL Orange Triad
ON Fish Oil
ON ZMA
PNI Prodigy
PNI Paragon
PNI Thermadex
Universal Nutrition 100% Beef Amino
Scivation Xtend
Natural EFX
Youth (7 keto)
Hardcore Formulations H-Roid
Clen
Cycle Shield
Metabotest
Bulk DAA
EvoChem Beta-bol
Natures Fuel
Hawthorne Berry (BP Control)
Vitamin B6 (Acne control)
Milk Thistle (Liver support)
Taurine (for back pumps)

Once I receive the cycle in the mail I will begin. This is my cycle laid out:

Hdrol: 50/75/75/100/100/100
Clen: 60/80/100/120 (Days 1-4) and then hold at 120 for 12 more days. Will be adjusting dosage based on bodies reaction.

PCT (+Staple Supplements):
Clomid (50/50/25/25) (100 for first 3 days)
DAA (3/3/3/3/3)
Metabotest 0/2/2/2/2

MEAL PLAN:
0500-05:30

• 2x Cucumbers
  • Scrambled Eggs w/ Tomatos/Ham/Green Peppers
  • 1 Cup of Oatmeal w/ Raisins

• Protein Shake Pre Workout
0930-1100 GYM (Lifting)

• Protein Shake Post Workout
12:30-1:00

• 2x Cucumbers
  • 2x Chicken Breast
  • Cup of Broccoli/Green Beans

• Beef Jerky (35g)
2100 GYM (Cardio)
0000-0100

• Cup of Green Beans/Broccoli
  • 2x Cucumbers
  • 3x Chicken Breasts
Macros P/C/F
251/158/50 - 2k Calories
This is a rough estimate, and will change every now and then depending on what the DFAC (chow hall) serves. However, this will be 99% of the time what I will be eating every day. Give or take 30-40 protein, 10-20 carbs or 5-10 fat.
~ 4L of water a day

Training:
I have two in mind, this is one:
Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Arms
Day 6: Legs
Repeat

and this one:
Day 1: Chest/Tri
Day 2: Back/Bi
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Legs
Repeat

If you guys could provide your opinion on what's optimally the better split or if you have any idea on something else I should be adopting.

This will be the plan for each week:
Week 1: Heavy Set
Week 2: DS/SS
Week 3: Rep Ranges
Repeat

Cardio:
Day 1:
Stationary Bike (Hill Interval)
Day 2:
HIIT (Sprints)
Day 3: Treadmill Hill Walk
Repeat
Rest will be added where body feels it needs it.

I would also like to start out by giving a big thanks to Luke_PNI and 06sixxer for all the help they gave me personally.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
Saved post for Start to Current/Finished results

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
Tried a new PWO today from a friend. GAT Nitroflex.

Felt good for first 30 minutes, and then absolute **** the rest of workout.
I **** like 3 times in the last 3 hours, stomach problems, crashed hardcore mid workout. Luckily, I was able to set a PR on my incline DB bench.

Meals rest of the day look on point with the above proposed meal plan.

Incline DB Press
65x12
75x7
85x2 (lost focus)
85x2

Bench Press
185x3
185x4
205x2

DB Bench Press
65x8
75x4
80x3

Chest Fly (Machine)
190x10
205x5

By the end, i was feeling like crap and just called it. Usually i squeeze in crossovers and finish out the Chest Flys but not feeling it.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Your making great progress man, keep us updated in this log on everything. Keep kickin ass !!

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
Rolled over today in the MRAP... slightly banged up elbow and my head. Awaiting probably company or battalion NJP. Now i have some **** job so ill be making some changes to my schedule and dieting. I'll update tomorrow and hopefully get some feedback on improvements that can be made.

As well, our time has been pushed back from when we return. Not enough time for a legit Hdrol cycle so I will be saving it till I get back. That'll at least give me more time to push my body to it's natural limits in the next month and a half.

Will probably resume workouts tomorrow when my elbow feels better.

/ugh this is not what I needed right now, at all

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
Well i had my rights read to me today. Article 92. After the investigation of the accident, they will determine course of action. Hopefully it's only company, better yet i'd love it if it was nothing at all but smoke up my ass lol, I already have enough guilt having put a contractor in the hospital.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
i just don't smile anymore, stay quiet and remorseful... which i am, but i plan on trying to milk the **** out of it. ****ers need to understand that mistakes happen, **** happens. **** lol

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
So i'm back in the gym now. Did chest yesterday but wasn't feeling it and halfway through stopped recording what I did due to having met disappointment in myself on the lifts. Probably has something to do with me having thrown up while i was taking PWO half an hour prior on the walk to the gym. I Know several people who've thrown up from PWO so it was probably an upset stomach.
Came back the next day to do Back and had the most intense back workout. I joined up with a buddy who was on his way to the gym, he's 5'10 and 215 (8ish% BF) built. Did his workout and def the best back workout i've ever had.

Traps have never been more sore, it was painful just carrying around my weapon all day today.

Pull Ups (BW)
4 Sets of 10 Widegrip
2 Sets of 10 Underhand

Lat pulldown behind head (with sitting normally, thighs not pressed against the seat, idk how to describe)
100x10
120x14
140x8

Close Grip Pulldown
100x15
120x12
140x8

Low Row Close Grip
140x10
160x8
180x3 dropped to 160x3
160x6

Straight Bar Raise
45x20
45x20
50x20

Single Arm Row Machine
90x12
135x8
160x8

Plate Rotations
45lbx30 (15 in each direction)
45lbx24 (12 in each direction)

Back Crossovers
20x12
20x12
30x8

took a break today, and going again tomorrow morning.
Diets changed a bit. I have less meals throughout the day, my first meal is around noon and it consists of:
2x Chicken Breast
Plate of Lettuce, Chopped Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Carrots, Tomatoes , pickle
Tossed with light ranch (1 small packet)

a piece of fruit and some chicken that i bring back from DFAC sometime in between lunch and dinner.
Same meal at dinner.

And my protein shakes that i have pre/post workout. Refraining from protein before bed as I have only whey protein.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
So i've been having a lot of trouble getting adjusted to new schedule especially with my injury lately sustained but i'm all better
Have lost a bit of strength since i wasn't able to work out effectively for a week or two but getting back into it fully 2 times a day 5 days a week.

2-24-13
Shoulder Press
95x15
135x10
185x3

DB Shoulder Press
50x12
60x6
No Spotter for any more

Straight Bar Raise
45x15
45x10
45x13

Low Pulley Raise
20x6
30x4
40x4

This was done when my back wasn't fully ready, and sore as **** including traps.

2-25-13
Barbell Curl
75x10
85x6
95x4

DB Preacher Curl
40x10
45x8
50x4

DB Seated Curl
35x6
35x7
35x8

2-28-13
Chest Fly
160x12
190x7
205x3

Barbell Bench
145x10
165x6
185x3

DB Incline
55x10
65x6
70x3

Chest Fly Cable (High)
30x15
50x8
70x3

As you can see it's weaker than previous reps but im sure in a week or two it'll get back up there.

Got my supplements/stack
Still waiting on clen and a couple other things.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
Just got my Clen, Natural EFX (Formutech Nutrition) and Youth (Formutech Nutrition)
Hollabackkkkkk

Back today/20minutes of cardio (bike) after. Protein Shake inbetween.
let me know if i shouldn't do the 20min of bike afterwords, I've read that cardio after a hardcore workout puts your body in a catabolic state or something to that effect... in other words big no no.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How'd your NJP go?

Let me know how the Natural EFX is. I just bought some for my wife.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
Will do, the ingredients look solid!

Idk yet, we're in country and i'm assuming that they are waiting on the NJP till we get into the states so it's going to suck even more.
Luckily i setup an allotment for my entire paycheck to another bank account so they wont be able to take my money away. Just my freedom and rank (which matters little to me since i'm rollin' out in 10 months)

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
3-02-13

Lat Pulldown Behind Head
120x15
140x8
160x4

Underhand Pulldown
120x15
140x8
160x5

Close Grip Low Row
140x14
160x8
180x4

Straight Bar Raise
45x20
45x20
50x15
^ These are absolute MURDER on traps, as well as plate rotations

Single Arm Row Machine (Seated)
100x15
155x8
225x4

Plate Rotations
45lbx15(in each direction)
45lbx15(in each direction)
^ barely got the last set done, dropped the 45lb weight as soon as i could get my arms down lol.

Back Crossovers
20x15
30x8
30x6

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
So i'm on the clen, i have a clean diet, but i don't see a difference on the scale in terms of weight,
I do 20min of cardio in the morning and evening. (cycling, elevated heart rate around 150/160avg)
I take split doses, one upon wake up and 2 more spread 4 hours apart.

Is there something i'm doing wrong?
As for what I eat, it's a salad
- 2x grilled chicken cut up
- lettuce
- chopped green/red peppers
- tomatosx1
- cucumbersx1
- carrots (not a lot)

or

2x grilled chicken
cucumbersx1
picklesx1.5

I am limited to eating twice a day, so i try and have beef jerky in the morning and almonds throughout the day to curb appetite

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
switching to a far more efficient way of burning calories/cardio
doing incline walking at 3.0-3.5 speed for 2 hours a day, split session, morning and evening. Hopefully weight loss will occur, i'm def eating below my TDEE by at least 1k

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
switching to a far more efficient way of burning calories/cardio
doing incline walking at 3.0-3.5 speed for 2 hours a day, split session, morning and evening. Hopefully weight loss will occur, i'm def eating below my TDEE by at least 1k
More weights less cardio. I would limit myself to 20mins LIGHT cardio post workout. And 1k below maintenance is a lot. Possibly try Fasted cardio in the morning 30mins. Weight training in the afternoon and 500cals below maintenance. Just what works for me tho. An b patient.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
weight training builds muscle ie adds weight, until the 11th, i can't be adding weight even if it's leaning me out

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
problem is patience is something that i'd normally have but i have a timed deadline.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
eh I have April weigh-ins coming up. My max allowable weight is 193..I'm 220..**** deadlines

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
yeah but i'm almost certain you'll tape out, i prob wont.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The taping policy is stupid. Just hope the dude taping ya lets you suck it in haha

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
yeah, i think he will