powerlifting comp coming soon. workouts and training TIPS.

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

powerlifting comp coming soon. workouts and training TIPS.

hey everyone,
    STATE powerlifting is in 1-2 months for me!! really wanting to gain that vital strength in last couple months.. whats some regimens I can try. right now im doing Nebraska pyramid bench chart. bench has gone up 20 lbs 3 weeks!!! squats is 5x5 alternating with 10/8/6/4/2 and hangclean is 5/4/3/2/1 aswell as holding heavy weight just to get used to holding heavy loads. LOOKING TO IMPROVE STRENGTH!
    SUPPS: MUILTI/VITA/MINA'S PROTEIN THATS IT THO!!

RECCOMENDATIONS FOR HIGHSCHOOL JUNIOR: THANKS

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

So that we know what we're going off of, how long have you been training seriously? What are your current numbers? Why no deadlift training? Most of the improvement to your total in a one month span is going to come from improvements in technique. How is your technique?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

I actually did dead for first time last week and im working it in usually 5/3/3/2/1
    Max bench:285
    Hangclean: 300
    Squat:420
    Deadlift 500

I've been hitting it hard past month doing bench charts and trying to emphasize small muscle groups (all groups with proper rest)
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Technique is good for my age I watch alot of technique and tips on youtube from elliot hulse. And many others..
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Answers

What should I be emphasizing on my bench and squat?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

For bench, you need triceps work, lat work (specifically rows), and delt work. My favorite bench assistance are JM presses, Tate presses, DB rows (preferably with fat grips), and lots of overhead pressing. I alternate between heavy and high rep on all of the assistance exercises. A great exercise to build bench is the floor press.

As far as squatting, build up your hips, glutes, back, and hams. I'm not having much luck finding a way to progress in the squat, so hopefully someone else can chime in with what has worked for them.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nathanryan View Post
    Technique is good for my age I watch alot of technique and tips on youtube from elliot hulse. And many others..
    Elliot Hulse does not teach good powerlifting technique. Your age is irrelevant; you either have good technique or you don't.

Powerlifting is about specificity and there is little about the Oly lifts that transfer over to PL'ing. Without seeing videos of you, any advice as to what you should be doing to increase your strength is a shot in the dark.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 170
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 07:45 AM
  2. Recreate, AP, and coming soon... X-Factor!
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 05:25 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 05:35 PM