Jim: Performance is King Log.

Page 39 of 89 First ... 3738394041 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    First two reps were soft lockouts. Be mindful not to inadvertently train your motor pattern to do that.
    I'm glad you noticed, I tried to look at it but wasn't sure if I did it or not.

Old habits die hard I guess.

2. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    You're getting strong as hell, bud. Vids looked damn good. What kind of weightlifting shoes did you get again?
    Safety shoe or something like that.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Great front squat man. I love milk as well. I drink a half gallon everyday, not exaggerating.
    I did as well (when I was gaining steadily) but cut my milk consumption slightly to get down to 181.

4. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I'm glad you noticed, I tried to look at it but wasn't sure if I did it or not.Old habits die hard I guess.
    I had the same issue to where I'd hyperextend and my knees would unlock. I got yelled at quite a bit.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I had the same issue to where I'd hyperextend and my knees would unlock. I got yelled at quite a bit.
    Yeah, Alex would rip me a new one if he saw that **** I'm sure.

But I would definitely be strong as ****.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Yeah, Alex would rip me a new one if he saw that **** I'm sure.

But I would definitely be strong as ****.
    Who do you think it was that reamed me on it?

The best training partners are the ones who challenge you daily and he is by far the most challenging guy out there I've trained with over the years. I've gotten two compliments from him, but the dude knows how to freaking lift heavy ass weight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Who do you think it was that reamed me on it?

The best training partners are the ones who challenge you daily and he is by far the most challenging guy out there I've trained with over the years. I've gotten two compliments from him, but the dude knows how to freaking lift heavy ass weight.
    That's who I assumed it was.

He certainly seems like he knows what he's doing lol.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    That's who I assumed it was.

He certainly seems like he knows what he's doing lol.
    I can't really question the guy: he holds (or would hold if the APF didn't **** him) a WR, but I still deadlift more than him.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

I can't really question the guy: he holds (or would hold if the APF didn't **** him) a WR, but I still deadlift more than him.
    I can't question him because I am small, and hold no records.

And am only strong enough to look cool in the gym.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

I can't question him because I am small, and hold no records.

And am only strong enough to look cool in the gym.
    You did good for your first meet
    Independent Review

11. Half scoop g8 last night, finally fell asleep around 2, woke up at 810. Was feeling foggy and tired when I first woke up but felt fine once I started moving around.

Ran some errands and then went to do sprints again at 1015 or so.

1 scoop BCAA/SAA mixed with 25oz water, still a little on the strong side for my taste. Didn't end up finishing it, and will drink the rest with my G8 tonight.

Anyway:

Dynamic warmup

Hill Sprint
    -5 dead sprint
    -2 pushup ground start
    -2 kneeling ground start

Wasn't tight or sore or anything today, which is surprising considering the workout yesterday.

Felt fast, and I like being fast.

12. ME Upper: Aug 14.

Pretty good session overall, went in with a goal for a triple and ended up exceeding it. Everything felt good today, a little bit of RC weakness during lateral raises, but I think it was just the way I was doing them. Lats had a few knots in them today, but they didn't take long to roll out and all my joints are feeling pretty good.

Pre: 4 caps Max Pump, 1.5 Scoop Jack3d Micro (1 BR + .5 LL), 1 Scoop Green Magnitude
    Intra: 1 Scoop BCAA/SAA

Warm-up: Simple 6, Band Dislocations, Band No Monies, External Rotations work up to 205 x 3 Bench Press

Work: 225 x 3, 235 x 3

225 for 3 was actually a PR for a triple, and then obviously 235 was as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWkeY...ature=youtu.be

Neutral Grip DB OHP (1 arm at a time): 50 x 8 x 2, 55 x 7

a1. Pendlay Row: 185 x 5 x 4
    a2. Low Pulley Face Pull: 120 x 10, 110 x 12 x 3 (

Dat Trap and Upper Back PUMP. O.o

b1. Rolling Tri Extension (against MM band): 20 x 8, 30 x 8 (just weight on bar, I have not a clue how much the bar is itself) Note: Hold against band at lockout for 1-2 seconds
    b2. Lateral Raise: 30 x 6 x 2

Overall, it went well. This was my first time using the 1 Arm OHP as an assistance movement on a ME day, and I enjoyed it. The neutral grip was a bit awkward at first but it went well enough. The last rep of 55 was a bear with both arms, so that is good to see the left catching up.

Feeling pretty large today, planned to weigh in after training but I forgot. My "I'm Bigger" shirt fits a little snug now (it is an XL) so I can't say that I'm unhappy about that. Feeling good about the bench pressing right now, hopefully I'm well on my way to a 300 but only time will tell on that.

13. Good work man, keep pushing it and those bench numbers will climb.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

14. Smolov Jr dat hoe

15. Quote Originally Posted by TheSaiyan View Post
    Smolov Jr dat hoe
    Yeah, Idk bout all that.

16. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Yeah, Idk bout all that.
    It works my dude

17. @TheSaiyan , I believe you but I strongly believe that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and right now I'm making good progress. Although, it is something I will probably consider a little farther down the line if I need more progress.

RE Lower today, my younger brother came with us today and he hasn't done legs since he played HS football; about 3-4 years ago.

Had to teach him how to squat, which he finally found a relatively comfortable way to do (by the final set) but it definitely took some time in the gym today. Taught him how to squat, got him decently comfortably doing GMs (but he still needs practice obviously), and how to hold the bar for the Front Squat.

He wasn't using a lot of weight today, but with time I'm sure he'll do alright.

Anyway....

RE Lower

Pre: 1 Scoop Green Magnitude, 3 caps Uncut, 4 caps Max Pump
    Intra: 1 Scoop BCAA/SAA

Warm-up: Agile 8, Shoulder Over and Backs, Dislocates
    Back Squat: work to 275 x 3

Work: 275 x 6, 315 x 6 x 2 (weights actually felt heavy today, took a little bit of practice to figure out my foot placement with the oly shoes for a back squat)
    1st set at 315: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImQiF...ature=youtu.be

The second set actually went smoother, and felt better, than that set.

Front Squat Hold: 405 x 18 seconds, 495 x 4 seconds (495 was awful, I could tell right from the pickup that it wasn't gonna last long)

Good Morning: 225 x 5 x 2, 235 x 5, 245 x 5, 275 x 5 (PR? I think so, although I'm not sure. If not, it's gotta be fairly close)

Box Step Ups (about hip height?, didn't get the dimensions. Although, I think they were written on the box): 60 x 12 x 3 (30 per hand)

And done, got a good amount of work done, feeling tired.

Weighed in today at the end of the workout at 179, so now I just have to maintain this weight for 2 months LOL. Strength is up, even though I'm weighing less now than I did at the meet.

I don't plan to fight that kind of thing.

Gonna flip some tires, run some sprints, and do some farmer's carries tomorrow. I expect that I will be fairly sore tomorrow, but we shall see.

Feeling good right now so we'll see what happens tomorrow!

18. Keep hittin it Jim. How old are you, 22? I remember 21-23 being my strongest natty years period, reppin 225 on bench like it owed me money. Just keep hitting it hard, eat well, and train like you love it. Now that you you're EAS'd you don't have to worry about stupid company or unit or battalion or whatever PT getting in the way of your gains
    Independent Review

19. Good liftin dude.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

20. 315 looked good Jim, keep up the good work ...

21. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Keep hittin it Jim. How old are you, 22? I remember 21-23 being my strongest natty years period, reppin 225 on bench like it owed me money. Just keep hitting it hard, eat well, and train like you love it. Now that you you're EAS'd you don't have to worry about stupid company or unit or battalion or whatever PT getting in the way of your gains
    Da gainz. And not even, hell I don't even turn 21 for a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good liftin dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    315 looked good Jim, keep up the good work ...
    Thanks guys, feeling good with the progress I'm making right now.

22. 405 and 495 for holds?!?!? Like holding at the bottom? Damn dude impressive,
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

23. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    405 and 495 for holds?!?!? Like holding at the bottom? Damn dude impressive,
    No, no, no, no..... [echo]

At the top, much less impressive. Still awful.

24. I think he means like a walkout, but obviously just standing and holding instead.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023

25. Lol still longer than I could hold a front squat probably. I got them baby shoulders so the bar always wants to move on me
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 04:49 PM
  2. Jim Tressel is a...
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 10:51 PM
  3. Jim Bunning is a friggin MORON!
    By oldfart in forum Politics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 07:21 PM