Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Fasted workout....

No pre workout either.

Busted out the stone today:

Name:  ForumRunner_20131018_162353.png
Views: 22
Size:  768.7 KB

Looks good. But, its heavier than I wanted (402). I'm thinking some of that will be lost with the moisture as it cures a little more. We shall see.

Log Clean + Press: 110x3, 130 x 3, 150 x 2, 150 x F (passed out trying to stabilize the lockout), 130 x 3, 110 x 3

Stone Load: 150 x 3, 180 x 2, 215 x F.

No tacky, just chalk today.

Farmers Carry: 150# per hand x 40yds
    110# per hand x 40yds (for speed)
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Fasted workout....
    Now, how long has it been since you have eaten, and do you do your W/O empty? 12-24 hours?
    I have tried this but, wow, I get pretty shaky 1/2 way thru and just don;t have much gas to finish.
    I have fasted on off days, but I wonder if after a big W/O, I should be eating. Not real boned up on all this when to, when not to stuff!?!?
    I'll do 12's or 24's on occasion without anything but water, or other times, I will just drink Kefir maybe green tea and take Udos bifidus.

Busted out the stone today:

Looks good. But, its heavier than I wanted (402). I'm thinking some of that will be lost with the moisture as it cures a little more. We shall see.
    Cool...!
    I know a guy on another site that makes his own. Pretty bad arse
  3. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post

Now, how long has it been since you have eaten, and do you do your W/O empty? 12-24 hours?
    I have tried this but, wow, I get pretty shaky 1/2 way thru and just don;t have much gas to finish.
    I have fasted on off days, but I wonder if after a big W/O, I should be eating. Not real boned up on all this when to, when not to stuff!?!?
    I'll do 12's or 24's on occasion without anything but water, or other times, I will just drink Kefir maybe green tea and take Udos bifidus.

Cool...!
    I know a guy on another site that makes his own. Pretty bad arse
    It was like 14 hours or so, I never fast lol.

The way today panned out with all the errands it just kinda happened that way.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Ima lift that stone.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  5. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Ima lift that stone.
    I will too! Someday......

It's actually a really good stone, very smooth, very few air bubbles, and won't require any sanding.

But, the concrete I used might have had too much aggregate because it's ~50lbs heavier than it should be.

21 inch diameter and 66 inch circumference should equal 354, not 402.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

I will too! Someday......

It's actually a really good stone, very smooth, very few air bubbles, and won't require any sanding.

But, the concrete I used might have had too much aggregate because it's ~50lbs heavier than it should be.

21 inch diameter and 66 inch circumference should equal 354, not 402.
    I remember making my concrete implements, came out too light, oops.
  7. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I remember making my concrete implements, came out too light, oops.
    What kind of concrete did you use??
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

What kind of concrete did you use??
    lol idk, quickcrete I bought for $6 and some sand/gravel mix I got from a neighbor.

Made 131lb barbell, 336lb barbell, 96lb farmer handles, 56 and 74lb DBs.
  9. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

lol idk, quickcrete I bought for $6 and some sand/gravel mix I got from a neighbor.

Made 131lb barbell, 336lb barbell, 96lb farmer handles, 56 and 74lb DBs.
    I used quickcrete as well, but I know there are like 8 different kinds of quickcrete.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

10. Registered User

It's cool you guys make stuff. I want to lift a stone one day.. Hopefully I can get to a gym with one because if I tried to make one it would be like a square
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

If I tried to lift a stone, something on my body would fall off...
  12. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Lol, I'm going to be doing some math and making another one soon. That way I can get the right weight this time.

Went in and worked out today.

RE Bench

Warmup: Band work, Stick Mashing of Upper Body, Work up to 165 x 4

Pre: 1.5 Enhanced
    Intra: 2 MBCAA

Another Fasted workout.

No Arch Bench Press: 185 x 8, 185 x 9

CG BP: 1" from slick: 185 x 5 x 2, 2" from slick: 205 x 2 (tendinitis), +elbow sleeves and Biofreeze 205 x 4 (no pain)

Used the wrist wraps for both, felt good for the bench pressing today. Thanks @NomZ

a1. NG Pull-up: BW x 8 x 3
    a2. Rear Delt Raise: 20 x 12 x 3

b1. Bradford Press: 95 x 6, 105 x 6 x 3
    b2. BB Curl: 65 x 8 x 2, Lying Band Curl: Red x 20, Red x 30 (much better for the wifes shoulder, and way more bicep work)
    b3. Inc. DB Fly: 35 x 6, 45 x 6 x 2, 45 x 5

Good workout, everything felt good except for the bicep flare up. Hit it with the stick as well as adding Biofreeze and it felt fine. Hungry, making frozen pizza.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

I used quickcrete as well, but I know there are like 8 different kinds of quickcrete.
    There's only two types of quickcrete that I'm aware of, the fast setting and the regular. There is a lot of variations of cement though. Were you suppose to use concrete or cement?
  14. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post

There's only two types of quickcrete that I'm aware of, the fast setting and the regular. There is a lot of variations of cement though. Were you suppose to use concrete or cement?
    Probably doesn't matter really.

Cements probably lighter, so it might would've been better. Maybe I was supposed to use it as cement, Slater says they use a special concrete blend (which they sell) which is probably what they have their weights calculated from.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Probably doesn't matter really.

Cements probably lighter, so it might would've been better. Maybe I was supposed to use it as cement, Slater says they use a special concrete blend (which they sell) which is probably what they have their weights calculated from.
    Yeah, I have no knowledge on making those boulders, but there's definitely going to be a difference in the calculation between concrete and cement because the gravel and sand in concrete as opposed to cement.
  16. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Yeah, I have no knowledge on making those boulders, but there's definitely going to a difference in the calculation between concrete and cement because the gravel and sand in concrete as opposed to cement.
    Yeah, the aggregate set it up weird I think.

Like I said, it's 50 pounds heavier than it should've been so my only guess is its heavier per square foot than what Slater uses, so I need either a smaller diameter or cement.

I've just never used cement so I don't know what the mix should look like. I used concrete because I have experience with it and know what it's supposed to look like.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Yeah, the aggregate set it up weird I think.

Like I said, it's 50 pounds heavier than it should've been so my only guess is its heavier per square foot than what Slater uses, so I need either a smaller diameter or cement.

I've just never used cement so I don't know what the mix should look like. I used concrete because I have experience with it and know what it's supposed to look like.
    If you have experience with concrete I'd think you would be good to go with cement as well. Like I said, concrete is just cement with gravel, sand and water. The ratio blend is going to be crucial if you want it to be a certain diameter and weight respectively.
  18. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

If you have experience with concrete I'd think you would be good to go with cement as well. Like I said, concrete is just cement with gravel, sand and water. The ratio blend is going to be crucial if you want it to be a certain diameter and weight respectively.
    I'll probably do that with the next one, I didn't know there would be such a difference in the weight between them.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

19. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Wow, sure is quiet in here....

Mon- ME Dead

Warmup: Usual Rolling, hip stretches, workup to 315 x 4

Pre: 1.5 Enhanced
    Intra: 2 MBCAA

Conv. DL: 365 x 4, 385 x 2 x 2

Missed reps, not happy. Wanted to do the 405 x 4 (pulled for 5 week after my meet) but the 365 was almost glued to the floor, and slow the whole rest of the way up. Same with 385, went for the 3rd both times and my core cramped (same spot, both times). Not sure if the strength was there or not, but I should have shut it down after the 365.

4" Def DL: 185 x 8, 205 x 8, 225 x 8

SLDL: 185 x 5, 205 x 5, 225 x 5

Hands were in a lot of pain after these, not too much by way of torn callouses though, so good news there.

a1. Pull Up: BW x 6 x 2
    a2. Band Woodchop: Black x 10 x 3
    a3. Band Pullapart: MM x 12 x 2

The DLs took a long time to get through, speed off the floor is lacking. Also, decided to lower total volume on lower body days. The amount of DLing and Squatting I have been doing is really wearing me down, and there just isn't a lot of gain to be done from that volume. It's hampering recovery, and is plain ridiculous. Time to start implementing that training economy for the more taxing lower body lifts.

All that will be changed from what has been seen thus far will be the removal of SE exercises for DL and Squat. I already hit the lower body twice a week (DL day and SQ day) so there is no reason to do the main lift followed by a similar movement and then followed by the usual assistance.

Also, I'm NOT committed to this whole 181 thing. Pretty sure I'm nixing that ****. I'm gonna go compete at whatever friggin weight class I end up in and just get as big a total as possible. Cutting weight is stupid, and I don't wanna do it at all.

I'm tired of being small, time to start building some muscles.

Tue- Conditioning

Sled Drag: 135 x 30yds x 4

Sprint 30yd, when I got there the wife started hers (with 45#), when she got there I ran back to the start. Maybe 10second rest between each one .

Planned for 5, but could barely breathe for like 5-10 minutes after that lol. Coughing up all kinds of nasty looking goo.

Sled Drag: 90 x 40yd x 2

Sprint, wait 30 seconds, sprint.

SL Sled Walk: 90 x 20yd x 4

Tire Toss (practicing an event for a Feb Strongman Comp): 16# x 6

These are gonna be in the event my gym owner is holding in Feb, thrown for distance. Very awkward, gonna take some getting used too.

Sprints: 40yds x 1, 30yd x 2

Hip felt weird after the first one, tight and kinda locked up on me.

Did a few more to feel it out, then shut it down. Nothing today though.

Wed- Rep Bench

Bench: 175 x 9 x 2, 175 x 10

First two done to 2 shy of failure, last set done to technical failure.

a1. 1 Arm DB OHP: 50 x 5 x 5
    a2. Skullcrusher: 65 x 5 x 3, 75 x 5 x 2

b1. Front Raise: 15 x 10, 15 x 12, 25 x 10
    b2. Inc. DB Fly: 35 x 12 x 2, 45 x 12
    b3. Lying Band Curl: Red x 25, Red x 30, Red x 35

The pump.....

c1. DB Row: 65 x 8, 75 x 8, 85 x 8 (Strict)
    c2. Rear Delt Raise: 20 x 12 x 3

Done. Good session today, upper back had a few sore spots from Monday. Worked those out with LAX Ball and "the stick". The benches were all done at comp grip with no arch. No leg drive either, all upper body pressing. Slow and controlled eccentric, smooth concentric.

Ended the last 3 days with feasts, yesterday was a golden corral visit and today's was chicken tetrazzini. Will be eating again before bed (hard boiled eggs, probably a protein drink). Squatting tomorrow.

Plan to be wearing 2XL shirts this time next year (somebody quote that so that I can't edit it out). Gotta get big.

Probably starting the TESTify stack next monday (OG AB + Prime at 6/9 protocol) will probably run that for 12 weeks (OMG outside of manufacturer recommendation!).

Cliffs: Worked out the past 3 days, DL/Conditioning/Bench.

Not cutting to 181 (cuz **** that).

Going to weigh somewhere between 220-240 next year by Nov.

Going to continue out totaling Smoker for the rest of his life.

Eating big boy meals all week (like I usually do).
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

385 x 2 x 2

Plan to be wearing 2XL shirts this time next year (somebody quote that so that I can't edit it out). Gotta get big.
    Done.

And is that 385, 2 reps for 2 sets? Or 2 sets of 2 reps?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  21. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

Done.

385, 2 reps for 2 sets
    Yep.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

I'm not a huge fan of deficits past 2", just changes your form too much to be super-productive IMO.

Quiet in here? My journal is a ghost town, lol, dat deload week...
  23. Registered User

**** the 181 class is right my friend. We go 165 now, then next year we go 220. Both sides of the spectrum to be seen. We shall absorb the light like chlorophyll a and we shall all be merry
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

I'm not a huge fan of deficits past 2", just changes your form too much to be super-productive IMO. Quiet in here? My journal is a ghost town, lol, dat deload week...
    Tick tock! At least you're closer to weight than I was lol
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  25. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I'm not a huge fan of deficits past 2", just changes your form too much to be super-productive IMO.

Quiet in here? My journal is a ghost town, lol, dat deload week...
    I did it like a squat, mostly to work leg drive with a lower starting hip position (slowly trying to lower my hip position).

Never done anything but 4" though, might be time to lower the deficit.....

Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    **** the 181 class is right my friend. We go 165 now, then next year we go 220. Both sides of the spectrum to be seen. We shall absorb the light like chlorophyll a and we shall all be merry
    No, that's gay as AIDS.

I plan to compete in the 308 in a few years.

Not fat, just massive.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I'm NOT committed to this whole 181 thing. Pretty sure I'm nixing that ****. I'm gonna go compete at whatever friggin weight class I end up in and just get as big a total as possible. Cutting weight is stupid, and I don't wanna do it at all.

I'm tired of being small, time to start building some muscles.

Not cutting to 181 (cuz **** that).

Going to weigh somewhere between 220-240 next year by Nov.

Eating big boy meals all week (like I usually do).
    Now we're talking. You're going to have to tell me what wearing a 2XL is like. I hit 238 this week and still fit fine in my XLs.

Here's my favorite article on the subject. Much more in depth than Dave Tate's article, and almost as entertaining. From the bulk man himself:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...3467433&page=1
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  27. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Now we're talking. You're going to have to tell me what wearing a 2XL is like. I hit 238 this week and still fit fine in my XLs.

Here's my favorite article on the subject. Much more in depth than Dave Tate's article, and almost as entertaining. From the bulk man himself:

Well, I also hate tight shirts.

I wear XL now at 185, I can fit a large but it's uncomfortable and I don't like it.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out right meow.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I'm comfy in xl now at 185/190 so I agree w ya on that and right on for gaining weight man. Get big and compete wherever you fall.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    **** the 181 class is right my friend. We go 165 now, then next year we go 220. Both sides of the spectrum to be seen.
    Buddy, buddy, buddy. Like any weight class sport, the goal isn't to make weight. The goal is to be badass at that sport. How are you going to lose 15lbs and become a more badass powerlifter in the baby stages of your career? Aim for the top side of the spectrum.

Dave Tate took 6 months to drop from a fat (18%bf) 300 to a shredded 265. It took him about 20 years to get to 300. It would have taken him 1,000 years to get to 300 by cutting. Maybe even 2,000.
    Training log:
  30. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Holy Jesus.

That food intake.....
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I'm comfy in xl now at 185/190 so I agree w ya on that and right on for gaining weight man. Get big and compete wherever you fall.
    Lol, I don't even know where the 185# I already have is.

I look smaller than that, like 165.

You look a lot bigger at 190 than I do, so XL is probably like under armour on you .
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

31. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Buddy, buddy, buddy. Like any weight class sport, the goal isn't to make weight. The goal is to be badass at that sport. How are you going to lose 15lbs and become a more badass powerlifter in the baby stages of your career? Aim for the top side of the spectrum.

Dave Tate took 6 months to drop from a fat (18%bf) 300 to a shredded 265. It took him about 20 years to get to 300. It would have taken him 1,000 years to get to 300 by cutting. Maybe even 2,000.
    Smoker likes the idea of being small forever.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude

Word. I was thinking about trying to compete at 198. I'm 213, no way I'm cutting at this stage. Great article.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Holy Jesus.
    That food intake.....
    Yep, that much food for 6 months at a time or until his bloodwork **** the bed.

I dunno what you guys are talking about. When I weighed 190, it was occasional schmediums and larges all day.
    Training log:
  34. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I dunno what you guys are talking about. When I weighed 190, it was occasional schmediums and larges all day.
    Nope.

Not this guy.

I wore medium at 145, the bigger and stronger I get the less I like tight shirts. I used to wear UA at 145-150, now it annoys me.

I prefer bigger clothing, I don't like feeling constricted. Especially, while lifting.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

35. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Eating chicken nuggets, cake, and strawberry milk.

Article made me hungry.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I said they are comfy. 90% of my shirts are larges because the big sleeves on xls and xxls annoy me. I need someone to make a shirt with an xl body and medium sleeves lol.

Ill wear a compression shirt under a larger t most days. Or wear a large white t shirt. Nothing too fancy.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  37. Registered User

Sometimes medium, sometimes large, xl is a comfy fit.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Hey country, I have a solution for your XL sleeve problem.
    Training log:
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Hey country, I have a solution for your XL sleeve problem.
    Get bigger arms?

How about they quit making shirts for fat people and make shirts for normal people. Lol. Short sleeve shirts shouldn't go to my elbow either.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Get bigger arms?

How about they quit making shirts for fat people and make shirts for normal people. Lol. Short sleeve shirts shouldn't go to my elbow either.
    My arms fill XXL t shirts...cuz I'm fat.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 03:49 PM
  2. Jim Tressel is a...
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 09:51 PM
  3. Jim Bunning is a friggin MORON!
    By oldfart in forum Politics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 06:21 PM