Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.26%

Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    Lookin good in here man! Have you run fdfs at all yet? I'm on power week starting my third cycle of prrs, and was thinking of doing that after this go around for a couple weeks.
    Can you give me a link or a brief rundown of the FDFS ?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WPD111 View Post

Here you go, if you google it you can find some more in depth articles but I didn't want to link to that forum.

Fiber Damage/fiber Saturation Training
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Lookin good in here man! Have you run fdfs at all yet? I'm on power week starting my third cycle of prrs, and was thinking of doing that after this go around for a couple weeks.
    No I haven't yet. I think I'm going to throw it in after next week for sure though.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I went heavy so I was trying to squeeze while getting the weight up. I think I would like them better during the rep range week but they were a nice change
    Ya for sure I agree on the Rep range or shock week they would be better. I don't like going very heavy with low reps for arm days, but it has helped me.
    PES Representative
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

The link nicksox posted is a great link for info on FDFS.
    PES Representative
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

No I haven't yet. I think I'm going to throw it in after next week for sure though.
    Cool man, I'll check in and see how you're liking it. Looks like it should be pretty awesome, I am definitely pumped to give it a shot after how well prrs has been treating me
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

Cool man, I'll check in and see how you're liking it. Looks like it should be pretty awesome, I am definitely pumped to give it a shot after how well prrs has been treating me
    Same here man
    PES Representative
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.26%

Dang ! That's no joke
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

Dang ! That's no joke
    Going to be brutal haha
    PES Representative
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Here you go, if you google it you can find some more in depth articles but I didn't want to link to that forum.

That link is so money lol
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

That link is so money lol
    Lots of good info! I think 40 reps for fs portion is too much, I'll be in the 20 to 25 range
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

My PRRS E-Book just hit Amazon Kindle for $9.99 and now they are picking up the FDFS book in a few more days as well. Also downloadable to computer from www.x-workouts.com. These are the only complete guides to my programs.

Anyway, thank you for your interest in my training protocols. It is the feedback that I get from in-the-trenches that gets me really excited!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%

Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post

My PRRS E-Book just hit Amazon Kindle for $9.99 and now they are picking up the FDFS book in a few more days as well. Also downloadable to computer from www.x-workouts.com. These are the only complete guides to my programs.

Anyway, thank you for your interest in my training protocols. It is the feedback that I get from in-the-trenches that gets me really excited!
    Sweet! I was just talking to a buddy back home about the program and he likes having books on the topics. I'll make sure he hits it up on the kindle
  14. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

Rep Range Chest

BB Incline Press:
    2 sets warm up: 135 and 205
    3 sets: 225 (9)

I haven't done these away from the Smith Machine for a while now. Reason being is because of my shoulder. On the Smith Machine, it doesn't effect me at all, but on regular Incline press, it aggravates it. I could feel a little pain in my shoulder area from my bicep tendonitis but it wasn't too painful. Anyways, it was good to get back on the regular bench and perform these. My DB numbers are much higher then my BB numbers. I have lost quite a bit on BB flat and incline because I hardly do them anymore .

DB Twist Flat Bench:
    1 set warm up: 50
    3 sets: 80 (12), 90 (12), 100 (11)

This was my first time doing the twist at the top of the movement. I for sure could feel it in the chest. Really enjoyed this movement and will start to incorporate it more into my routine. Obviously you cannot go as heavy but for good reasons. I would recommend giving these a try if anyone has never tried them.

Incline DB Flye:
    3 sets: 60 (15)

I like to make sure that I am controlling the weight as I lower it. I do not want to have too much of a bend in my arm or not enough bend. You have to control the weight all the way down and up, along with getting a good squeeze at the top. I have been doing these for a long time now and I finally hit the correct way on how to perform them a few months ago to where I can actually feel the contraction of the muscle at the top.

DB Around The World:
    3 sets: 25 (15)

These are a new exercise I just started about a month and a half ago. If performed correct, they really hit the chest. They take some time for sure to get used to, but I would look into them if anyone hasn't.

Hammer Strength Machine Incline Press:
    3 sets: 115 each side (12)

My chest was brutally murdered by this time. I really just did this as a finisher exercise to pump the chest up as much as possible. I like to do these either at the beginning or at the end of my workout.
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

On my phone so update will be shorter.

Rep Range Shoulders:

Seated DB Press:
    2 sets warm up: 50 and 70
    3 sets: 85 (9), 90 (8), 95 (8)

DB Lateral Raise:
    1 set warm up: 35
    3 sets: 40 (12), 50 (12), 55 (11)

DB Front Raise:
    3 sets: 40 (15)

DB Upright Row:
    3 sets: 60 (15)

Reverse Machine Flye:
    3 sets: 185 (12)

Machine Shrugs Face Forward:
    3 sets: 180 each side (15)

Rep Range Legs

Squats:
    2 sets warm up: 185 and 205
    3 sets: 275 (9), 305 (9), 315 (7)

Stiff Legged Deadlift:
    1 set warm up: 135
    3 sets: 225 (12), 275 (12), 275 (10)

Leg Curls:
    3 sets: 180 (15)

Leg Extensions:
    3 sets: 100 (15)

Donkey Calf Raise:
    3 sets: 200 (15)

Just to note. My legs are hurting hard haha. Going from squats to SLDL's really took a lot out of me. Tried walking to get a drink and legs were jello.
    PES Representative
  16. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

Shock Back

Deadlift SS with WG Pull-Ups:
    2 sets warm up: 135/225 and BW/ BW
    3 sets: 275 (10) / BW (10), 315 (10) / BW (10), 335 (10) / BW (10)

I warmed up with some pull-ups and some light deads to get the back all stretched and warmed up before getting into the intense sh!t. Doing deads with Pull-ups superset was a nice combo. I had to take about a 30 second breather after the deads though before jumping into the pull-ups. I haven't done higher reps with deadlifts for a while now so I wasn't sure how these would go, but I felt very strong and good doing these and was very satisfied.

WG Lat Pulldown SS with Reverse CG Pulldown:
    1 set warm up: 150 / 125
    3 sets: 205 (10) / 175 (10), 215 (9) / 175 (10), 215 (9) / 175 (8)

The combo of these really stretched out the lats and hit them good. I was hurting after completing these. I like going from WG to Reverse CG pulldowns. The WG really hit the outer lats while the Reverse CG hit the inner lats and I get a better squeeze from Reverse also.

FD (Face Down) Incline DB Rows SS with Stiff Arm Pulldown:
    3 sets: 75 (10) / 80 (10)

I really like the incline db rows. I get a better contraction and really have to focus on both arms at the same time while bringing the weight up. Body position is also important because I am stable the whole time and there is no way that I can rock my body into the weight. Going to the pulldowns was nice also. Got a nice stretch on the lats.

Back was pretty swoll and hurting from these super sets so I called it a day. I usually do a drop set exercise at the end but the workout that I did felt very good and I hit everything I wanted to.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.26%

This thread should become saved as a sticky.

Thanks for being so detailed. I use this as a reference for all my workouts.
  18. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

This thread should become saved as a sticky.

Thanks for being so detailed. I use this as a reference for all my workouts.
    Thanks. I had no idea people would be using this as a reference to PRRS but I am glad that people are and that I can help out.

How are the workouts coming along?
    PES Representative
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.26%

Excellent I really like this program because of the variety
  20. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

The variety in exercises and reps is what I love. Switching up reps and intensity every week is great.
    PES Representative
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.26%

Absolutely
  22. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

Shock Arms

EZ Bar Curl super set DB Hammer Curl:
    1 set warm up: 65/40
    2 sets: 90 (10) / 55 (10), 105 (9) / 60 (10)

Before starting these I just warmed up the shoulder region a little bit. Then went into warming up with some light DB Curls. EZ Bar Curl is one of my favorite bicep exercies mainly because I can go pretty heavy but still get in a good amount of reps. Super set with DB Hammer Curl really burned the bicep. I literally had to drop the DB's after completing the reps. This really was a good super set session to the workout.

Incline DB Curl super set DB Single Arm Preacher Curl:
    2 sets: 40 (10) / 40 (10)

Incline DB Curl really stretches out the long bicep head as long as you extend the arm all the way. I see some people not extending all the way which is fine, but you are not getting the full stretch and motion for the exercise. Going from these to preacher curl DB was pretty intense. I tried to focus more on the negative portion of the movement and bringing the weight back up and getting a good squeeze at the top. I had to assist myself for the final 1.5 reps on each set. Really good exercise though.

Cable 21's Drop Set:
    65 (21's), drop set 55 (21's), drop set 45 (21's), drop set 35 (21's)

This is the first time I have ever done a super set on 21's. My workout partner looked at me like I was crazy haha. Which I would think at that point and time I was crazy. My biceps were burning so bad, that I had to drop the bar a few times to get a quick 5 second rest. Literally the last drop set of 35's felt like it was about 80 pounds. I was really satisfied with completing these and using this as a finisher.

Triangle Pushdown super set Rope Extention across Chest:
    1 set warm up: 60 / 20
    2 sets: 95 (10) / 35 (10)

I know most people like to do CG flat bench, but with my shoulder how it is, I do these instead. Sometimes I will keep my elbows tucked in, then other times I will have them sticking out. Personally though I keep them tucked in most of the time. The rope extension really hits the bottom of the tricep head and I don't see anyone else performing these ever. I see many people using the D-Handle and doing single arm reverse extensions which sometimes I do, but I enjoy doing this more.

Skull Crushers super set DB Kick Back:
    2 sets: 90 (10) / 30 (10)

Elbows and triceps were plenty warm. So I went right into skull crushers using the Neutral bar. I usually use a EZ Bar but was feeling the Neutral bar for something different. Keeping my elbows in one position is something I like to focus on. I do not like moving my arms and putting them in the motion because then the tricep isn't getting hit like it should be. The DB kick backs were pretty tough to complete. I like to also keep the elbow in one position and while the DB is being kicked back, I like to twist the DB at the top of the motion to contract the tricep more. Really gets a good burn.

Reverse Pushdown Drop Set:
    85 (10), drop set 70 (8), drop set 55 (8), drop set 40 (7)

This drop set was pretty tough to complete. My triceps were already abused from the previous super sets haha. Again, keeping the elbows tucked in and not letting my body do all the work. If done correctly, this movement really hits the triceps and gives it a good burn/finish to the workout.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.92%

Sick arm day, definitely going to be trying that one
  24. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Sick arm day, definitely going to be trying that one
    Thanks man. Ya it was pretty intense and painful haha.
    PES Representative
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.26%

On shock week do you perform full extension or quick half reps ? I read your suppose to perform like a piston ? In my mind that suggest quick reps Is this correct ?
  26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

On shock week do you perform full extension or quick half reps ? I read your suppose to perform like a piston ? In my mind that suggest quick reps Is this correct ?
    I've always done full extensions. Get a better stretch and contraction. If I fail to reach my rep count and I don't have a spotter, then I will rep out 3-4 half reps.
    PES Representative
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.92%

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

I've always done full extensions. Get a better stretch and contraction. If I fail to reach my rep count and I don't have a spotter, then I will rep out 3-4 half reps.
    That's awesome, I've been doing the half reps lately and it's great. I'm pissed I didn't start them earlier
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

That's awesome, I've been doing the half reps lately and it's great. I'm pissed I didn't start them earlier
    Haha ya I know what you mean. I enjoy the half reps at the end of the set, get a really good burn and pump from it.
    PES Representative
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.92%

The pumps are nuts, I just wish I had a spotter sometime to help with the last couple
  30. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

The pumps are nuts, I just wish I had a spotter sometime to help with the last couple
    Ya having a spotter is always nice and really beneficial
    PES Representative
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.92%

None of my friends really workout and I have a home gym, so the spotter is rare
  32. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

None of my friends really workout and I have a home gym, so the spotter is rare
    Makes sense. I have people who want to workout with me and they do for about a week or so and quit haha.
    PES Representative
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.92%

That's really all of my friends
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.92%

Hey kbayne, have you ever heard of blackmarket and their supplements?
  35. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

No I never have. I just looked at their website though.
    PES Representative
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.92%

If you ever go on stack3d.com, it's an informational website about the new and upcoming stuff for supplements and they had a special where if you entered there coupon code u got the supp for free and just had to pay $5 for shipping, so I got one and havent tried it. Just was wondering if anyone has
  37. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

What is the supplement?
    PES Representative
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.92%

They have 3 different pre w/o's one for chicks and one they call adrenolyn bulk and one they call adrenolyn cuts, I got adrenolyn cuts
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.92%

They aw normally $60 for a 30 serv tub. No way I would ever pay that for a pre but for free with $5 shipping, I was in
  40. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%

They have 3 different pre w/o's one for chicks and one they call adrenolyn bulk and one they call adrenolyn cuts, I got adrenolyn cuts
    Have you tried it yet? I've never heard of any of those supplements. I looked at the ingredients in it and it has DMAA in it. Have you ever tried DMAA?
    PES Representative

Similar Forum Threads

1. One gallon of milk- One hour... Can you do it?
    By hypo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:09 PM
  2. How do you guys do it?
    By tommyboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 01:12 AM
  3. Girls can do it to !!!
    By wranglergirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 03:46 PM
  4. First cycle - can I do it like this?