Kbayne doing it P/RR/S Style

Page 4 of 10 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    kbayne really has a great handle on PRRS!!!! Holla if you need any help, I have been following PRRS since Eric Broser created it !!! I believe since 2000-2001
    Dang, thats a while ago
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

Dang, thats a while ago
    I was 12 eating whole digiorno pizzas and playing madden hardcore... The only exercise I got was fighting my parents about needing exercise.... Oh how times have changed
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

I was 12 eating whole digiorno pizzas and playing madden hardcore... The only exercise I got was fighting my parents about needing exercise.... Oh how times have changed
    I was munching on party pizzas and milky ways haha. Too far back to remember much of anything.
    PES Representative
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.56%

I was munching on party pizzas and milky ways haha. Too far back to remember much of anything.
    Sadly, I remember all the horrible shti I went through bc of my weight... Although not sadly bc it keeps me motivated long after I have change my lifestyle and it's made me much stronger mentally and physically !

Anyway, pumped for back / bis rep range tomorrow!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Sadly, I remember all the horrible shti I went through bc of my weight... Although not sadly bc it keeps me motivated long after I have change my lifestyle and it's made me much stronger mentally and physically !
    Anyway, pumped for back / bis rep range tomorrow!
    That's awesome ched. Great to hear something positive came from it.

Rep range is my favorite week I think
    PES Representative
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.56%

That's awesome ched. Great to hear something positive came from it.

Rep range is my favorite week I think
    Yea the pump I had in my tris today was insane... Something I have missed from low rep work
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.79%

Thats a pretty cool statement!!!! Yes, times do change!!!
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Power Back

Deadlift: 2 sets warm up with 135 and 225
    3 sets @ 275 (6), 315 (6), 365 (6)

I like to alternate between starting and ending with deadlifts on back day. Usually I will start deadlift at the beginning to get a good intense feeling for the rest of the workout. With deadlift taking so much out of you, you really have to push yourself the rest of the workout.

Rack Pulls: 3 sets @ 365 (6), 385 (8) 405 (6)

I do not always go from deadlift to rack pulls, but I felt with it being such low reps and power week, why not? This really finished out my lower back. Really felt great following rack pulls for the rest of the workout. With rack pulls, I always set the safety bar below the knee cap. This will allow for less leg use and more lower back concentration.

WG Lat Pulldown: 1 set warm up with 150
    3 sets @ 225 (6), 240 (6), 250 (6)

I felt awesome when performing lat pulldowns today. I have never reached 250 for six sets before, and today I got it with great form and contraction on the lats.

Seated CG Cable Row: 3 sets @ 180 (6), 200 (6), 200 (6)

200 was the highest the machine would allow for. With that, I really concentrated on holding the weight for a good second then slowly letting the weight back down. Really got a good stretch out of it. I try to focus on the middle part of the lats with this exercise, especially following lat pulldown.

T-Bar Row Single Arm Pulls: 3 sets @ 115 (6)

Instead of DB Rows, I went to this on the T-Bar Row. For me personally, I can really get a good stretch out of it and with the position I am in, it really focuses on hitting the lats perfect. If you haven't tried them before, I would recommend them.

Finished with some WG Pull ups and Neutral grip pull ups. I like to end with pull ups mainly because my back is already so fatigued that I am not sitting there doing 20 reps on pull ups. It makes me really focus on using my lats more then my arms. I aim to get 10 reps each time at the end of the workout. If I cannot perform 10 full reps, I do partial reps by extending my arms all the way down and going half way up and holding for a second then back down. Usually for about 5 reps.

After this, call it a day
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Power Arms

EZ Bar Curl:
    1 set warm: 65
    2 sets: 105 (6), 125 (6)

I usually start out with EZ Bar Curls or DB Curls just go get the workout started. No real reason I just feel this is a good starting point for my arm day.

EZ Bar Spider Curls:
    2 sets: 85 (6), 95 (6)

Really hit these hard. If you haven't tried these, I would recommend them. Kind of like a preacher curl but you really stretch out the bicep more then on a preacher curl. Really squeeze at the top to. This exercise for me lets me squeeze harder then any other Bicep exercise.

Seated DB Hammer Curl:
    2 sets: 60 (6), 65 (6)

DB curl are a favorite of mine. Really have to focus on the contraction though. I see many people do these completely not how they are suppose to be done.

Skullcrushers:
    2 sets warm up: 65, 75
    2 sets: 120 (6), 125 (6)

Started with these for Triceps because I wanted to get the elbows nice and warm. Got up to a pretty decent weight today. Felt good after completing this exercise. Triceps were full and pumped.

Triangle Pushdown:
    2 sets: 100 (6), 130 (6)

For these I really focus on the negative part of the motion. Mainly because I get up to a weight that the machine stops at and I can pump out more reps, but since I am only going for 6 I really focus on the movement and contraction.

Reverse Pushdown:
    2 sets: 90 (6), 95 (6)

These are pretty similar to regular pushdowns but for me it hits the tricep head at a different angle that regular can not hit.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.47%

Thumbs up

Gotta say THIS THREAD KICKS ASS!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.21%

Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post
    This ^^^^^^^
  12. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post
    Thanks man. Really encouraging knowing that you think that because obviously you are the man who created the program.

Been researching on FDFS to add in. Still not positive how I want to but will post about it once I do.
    PES Representative
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.56%

Thanks man. Really encouraging knowing that you think that because obviously you are the man who created the program.

Been researching on FDFS to add in. Still not positive how I want to but will post about it once I do.
    Been mulling this over in my head as well.. Interested to see what u come up with
  14. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Broser:

Been reading more on FDFS. I looked at the example for Chest. How does this look for say Shoulders:

-Seated DB Shoulder Press -- 2 x 3-4 + 1-2 forced reps (3/0/X tempo)
    -Arnold Press -- 2 x 2-3 +1 + 1 + 1 rest/pause style (6/1/1 tempo)
    -DB Lateral Raise -- 2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
    -DB Front Raise -- 2 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
    -Superset: Upright Row --1 x 20-25 each (1/0/1 tempo)

And how would you incorporate it into PRRS? Maybe go P/RR/FDFS/S/FDFS/RR/P?
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Power Chest

Incline DB Press:
    2 sets warm up: 60, 80
    3 sets: 100 (6), 115 (6), 120 (6)

I like starting with Incline DB Press or BB because it really gets my chest and shoulders warm for the rest of the workout. With DB I can really feel the stretch and contraction at the top of the movement.

Smith Machine Flat Bench:
    1 set warm up: 205
    3 sets: 275 (6), 295 (6), 295 (6)

I use the smith machine for flat bench because regular flat bench aggravates my shoulder too much. I had bicep tendonitis a few years ago and when I perform flat bench, it always flares back up so I stay away from it. Most of the time I do DB flat bench but thought I would hop on the smith machine.

Incline DB Flye:
    3 sets: 70 (6)

Concentrated on the negative part of the motion along with giving the dumbbells a slight twist (pinkies in) at the top. This really hit the chest and stretched it out.

Standing Cable Crossovers:
    3 sets: 90 (6)

Performed standing crossovers instead of machine flyes or DB flat flye just because I get a really good squeeze on this exercise.

Hammer Strength Incline Press:
    3 sets: 135 (each side) (6)

Sometimes I will start with this exercise to warm up the muscle. If I do not start with it, I love ending with it to really finish off the chest. I like to vary the seat whether it be a little higher or lower along with my width of the grip.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.86%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Power Chest

Incline DB Press:
    2 sets warm up: 60, 80
    3 sets: 100 (6), 115 (6), 120 (6)

I like starting with Incline DB Press or BB because it really gets my chest and shoulders warm for the rest of the workout. With DB I can really feel the stretch and contraction at the top of the movement.

Smith Machine Flat Bench:
    1 set warm up: 205
    3 sets: 275 (6), 295 (6), 295 (6)

I use the smith machine for flat bench because regular flat bench aggravates my shoulder too much. I had bicep tendonitis a few years ago and when I perform flat bench, it always flares back up so I stay away from it. Most of the time I do DB flat bench but thought I would hop on the smith machine.

Incline DB Flye:
    3 sets: 70 (6)

Concentrated on the negative part of the motion along with giving the dumbbells a slight twist (pinkies in) at the top. This really hit the chest and stretched it out.

Standing Cable Crossovers:
    3 sets: 90 (6)

Performed standing crossovers instead of machine flyes or DB flat flye just because I get a really good squeeze on this exercise.

Hammer Strength Incline Press:
    3 sets: 135 (each side) (6)

Sometimes I will start with this exercise to warm up the muscle. If I do not start with it, I love ending with it to really finish off the chest. I like to vary the seat whether it be a little higher or lower along with my width of the grip.
    Killin it man .. 120s for 6 on an incline is no joke haha great lifts
  17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post

Killin it man .. 120s for 6 on an incline is no joke haha great lifts
    Thanks bro. I should have went up to 125 because really I only was going for 4. I think when I grabbed the 120s and my new lifting partner saw, he kind of got scared haha.
    PES Representative
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.86%

Thanks bro. I should have went up to 125 because really I only was going for 4. I think when I grabbed the 120s and my new lifting partner saw, he kind of got scared haha.
    Hahaha I get that alot.. Not saying I lift heavy ass weight but most of the guys that lift with me are not to my level yet. And they give me that look like 'u sure I can spot u?!?' lol but yea man 125 would of been nice
  19. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Hahaha I get that alot.. Not saying I lift heavy ass weight but most of the guys that lift with me are not to my level yet. And they give me that look like 'u sure I can spot u?!?' lol
    Ya I know what you mean haha. Exactly what I pictured him saying in his head.
    PES Representative
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.86%

Ya I know what you mean haha. Exactly what I pictured him saying in his head.
    Lol next time sit down on the bench and ask him to hand u the db to ur hands n watch him struggle .. Lol douche move right there haha
  21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Lol next time sit down on the bench and ask him to hand u the db to ur hands n watch him struggle .. Lol douche move right there haha
    He asked me if he needed to do that haha. I said no its fine but he surely looked greatful I didn't have him do that.
    PES Representative
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.86%

He asked me if he needed to do that haha. I said no its fine but he surely looked greatful I didn't have him do that.
    Lol I can't say I've never had someone ask me to hand them their weights befor.. Especially when I was a scrawny little punk at 160 trying to hand over 100s to this guy that wanted a spot.. Smh.. Never again hah.. Not to mention that I barely started lifting
  23. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Lol I can't say I've never had someone ask me to hand them their weights befor.. Especially when I was a scrawny little punk at 160 trying to hand over 100s to this guy that wanted a spot.. Smh.. Never again hah.. Not to mention that I barely started lifting
    Hahaha ya that wouldn't be a good experience. I always have guys coming up to me asking me to hand then weights.
    PES Representative
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.21%

Hahaha ya that wouldn't be a good experience. I always have guys coming up to me asking me to hand then weights.
    Ahh the downfall of being big,strong and knowledgeable :0
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Quote Originally Posted by WPD111 View Post

Ahh the downfall of being big,strong and knowledgeable :0
    Haha (=... it took me a while to get where I am. I remember when I first started gettin really serious... funny times haha
    PES Representative
  26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Rep Range Back

Warm up with some pull-ups. I like to get in two sets each of Wide Grip and Neutral Grib. This really gets my back warm enough for the remainder of the workout.

WG Lat Pulldown:
    2 sets warm up: 125 and 185
    3 sets: 212 (9), 235 (9), 240 (9)

With these, I see many people not performing these correct at all. I see a lot of bicep help and their bodies swaying back and forth. With these I like to arch my and stick my chest out. Bring the bar all the way down with my chest out and slowing let the bar go back up. This will really give your lats a workout and a good stretch.

BB Reverse Grip Bent Over Row:
    1 set warm up: 135
    3 sets: 225 (12), 275 (12), 275 (10)

I alternate between Reverse Grip and Regular Grip on these. With the Reverse Grip I can feel a better contraction of the lats. I can get a better squeeze in also. With these I kept myself bent over and do not let my back straighten out. If this happens, the movement of the weight really isn't doing anything for you back and is just working your biceps.

Iso Lateral Machine Row:
    3 sets: 170 each side (15)

Again with these, I go back and forth from DB Row to these. I like to perform these because the pad on the chest makes you extend your arms out more which then creates a greater stretch on the lats. I try to keep my chest on that pad though so my body isn't moving a whole lot.

Stiff Arm Pulldown:
    2 sets: 75 (15)

This exercise was to really just get a good stretch and squeeze on the outer part of the lats. I can really feel this exercise hitting my back.

Face Down Incline DB Row:
    3 sets: 75 (12)

I really like finishing off with this exercise. Really hits the lats and also gets the traps which is nice. By the time I get to these my back is pretty tore up and with these, really just finished off the workout.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.86%

Man strong fckn back bro.. U repping weights I woulda used for the power wave
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Man strong fckn back bro.. U repping weights I woulda used for the power wave
    Haha thanks man. My back lifts have gotten a lot better and stronger since starting this program.
    PES Representative
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.86%

That's what I like about this program over 531.. More back work.. I mean I do back work but only as an accessory n never as the primary lift to gain strength on
  30. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

That's what I like about this program over 531.. More back work.. I mean I do back work but only as an accessory n never as the primary lift to gain strength on
    Ya I've never done 531 so I can't comment on that. Another great thing about this program is you can set it up how you want with whatever exercises you want to incorporate.
    PES Representative
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.47%

By the way, the PRRS E-Book just hit Amazon Kindle!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BSMRMNW/...kindle_ext_tmb
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.79%

Rep Range Back

Warm up with some pull-ups. I like to get in two sets each of Wide Grip and Neutral Grib. This really gets my back warm enough for the remainder of the workout.

WG Lat Pulldown:
    2 sets warm up: 125 and 185
    3 sets: 212 (9), 235 (9), 240 (9)

With these, I see many people not performing these correct at all. I see a lot of bicep help and their bodies swaying back and forth. With these I like to arch my and stick my chest out. Bring the bar all the way down with my chest out and slowing let the bar go back up. This will really give your lats a workout and a good stretch.

BB Reverse Grip Bent Over Row:
    1 set warm up: 135
    3 sets: 225 (12), 275 (12), 275 (10)

I alternate between Reverse Grip and Regular Grip on these. With the Reverse Grip I can feel a better contraction of the lats. I can get a better squeeze in also. With these I kept myself bent over and do not let my back straighten out. If this happens, the movement of the weight really isn't doing anything for you back and is just working your biceps.

Iso Lateral Machine Row:
    3 sets: 170 each side (15)

Again with these, I go back and forth from DB Row to these. I like to perform these because the pad on the chest makes you extend your arms out more which then creates a greater stretch on the lats. I try to keep my chest on that pad though so my body isn't moving a whole lot.

Stiff Arm Pulldown:
    2 sets: 75 (15)

This exercise was to really just get a good stretch and squeeze on the outer part of the lats. I can really feel this exercise hitting my back.

Face Down Incline DB Row:
    3 sets: 75 (12)

I really like finishing off with this exercise. Really hits the lats and also gets the traps which is nice. By the time I get to these my back is pretty tore up and with these, really just finished off the workout.
    I enjoy reading your journal, looking good in here!!!
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

33. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Quote Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    I enjoy reading your journal, looking good in here!!!
    Thanks man. I should of added some commentary throughout the whole log. I'm glad people are enjoying it though.

Woke up yesterday sore, today even worse. Thats what happens when you go through a program like this though
    PES Representative
  34. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Rep Range Arms

DB Curl:
    2 sets warm up: 20 and 30
    2 sets: 55 (9), 60 (8)

I alternate between these and EZ bar curl to start off with my biceps. I don't use a regular barbell because my forearms burn too much. I like using DB also because it consists of going one arm at a time so I can really focus on that arm while performing the curl. I like to get a good squeeze at the very top. I can get a better squeeze with DB rather then BB.

Neutral Grip Bar Hammer Curl:
    1 set warm up: 35
    2 sets: 70 (12), 85 (12)

Not exactly sure what the bar is called, I think it is just called Neutral Grip Bar. Anyways I usually do DB Hammer curls but when I like to use this bar sometimes just because I can go heavier. This really gives my bicep head a good burn especially with higher reps.

Incline Bench DB Curl:
    2 sets: 35 (15)

Set the incline bench at about 3. Start out with the DB with palms facing eachother, and on the back up, twist just like your standard DB Curl. I like doing incline curls because it gives my biceps more of a stretch because of the angle of the bench. Really can't go that heavy with this exercise but heavy isn't always better . This was a great finisher for my biceps as they were already about to explode it felt like.

Rope Pushdown:
    2 sets warm up: 40 and 50
    2 sets: 85 (9)

Never really started with rope pushdown to get the tricep session going. I see too many people performing these without their elbows staying tucked in which then they also use the whole arm to bring the weight down. If the movement is correct, this exercise is excellent for the triceps as you get to get a good pushdown then a good squeeze at the bottom by pulling the ropes apart.

Single Arm Rope Extension across Chest:
    2 sets: 30 (12)

Not sure if everyone has performed these and if not, I would highly recommend them. We have a rope in the gym with only one side if you will. So instead of using the D-handle, I use this and set the rope to where it is at about head high and then have the angle going downwards across my chest. This really hits the tricep head at a different angle. You have to keep the arm in one position though and not let your shoulders help any.

Triangle Pushdown:
    2 sets: 95 (15)

Finished with the well known tricep exercise. Really got a good burn with this one because of the high reps. Again with these I see too many people performing these with horrible form. Have to keep those elbows in and not rock your body back and forth. Some people keep their elbows out more, which sometimes I do but I like to keep them tucked in because I can feel the movement better.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.21%

Question ? I workout every other day and started on Saturday with power chest and shoulders . Monday was power back and rear delts And wed power arms and calves.
    My question is , on my schedule I lift again on Friday and am skipping legs because of injury this week. Should I do another power chest or start on Rep Range week ??
  36. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Question ? I workout every other day and started on Saturday with power chest and shoulders . Monday was power back and rear delts And wed power arms and calves.
    My question is , on my schedule I lift again on Friday and am skipping legs because of injury this week. Should I do another power chest or start on Rep Range week ??
    If it were me, I would go into Rep Range.
    PES Representative
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.21%

If it were me, I would go into Rep Range.
    Thanks KB I figured as much just wanted reassurance. I'm loving this routine and did some spider curls today like you posted.
  38. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%

Thanks KB I figured as much just wanted reassurance. I'm loving this routine and did some spider curls today like you posted.
    How did they feel for ya?
    PES Representative
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.66%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Lookin good in here man! Have you run fdfs at all yet? I'm on power week starting my third cycle of prrs, and was thinking of doing that after this go around for a couple weeks.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.21%

How did they feel for ya?
    I went heavy so I was trying to squeeze while getting the weight up. I think I would like them better during the rep range week but they were a nice change

Similar Forum Threads

1. One gallon of milk- One hour... Can you do it?
    By hypo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:09 PM
  2. How do you guys do it?
    By tommyboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 01:12 AM
  3. Girls can do it to !!!
    By wranglergirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 03:46 PM
  4. First cycle - can I do it like this?