Crossfit?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.89%

Crossfit?

First off, hello AM readers, quick question, I've read a lot of the forums and noticed many of you seem to have a serious distaste for crossfit, any reason why? I'm actually thinking of starting it soon.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dmmcclair View Post
    First off, hello AM readers, quick question, I've read a lot of the forums and noticed many of you seem to have a serious distaste for crossfit, any reason why? I'm actually thinking of starting it soon.
    High Rep Olympic lifts are asking for injury.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Meh I dunno about anyone else but it just seems like "the easy way out" type thing. People I know who do cross fit think they're huge and the ****. I beg to differ....
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.76%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

http://www.tsmethod.com/blog/crossfi...with-crossfit/

http://fitfinity.net/2011/01/19/cros...-bad-the-ugly/

http://www.scienceofrunning.com/2012...rints-and.html

Cliffs: Crossfit? DON'T.

/thread.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Meh I dunno about anyone else but it just seems like "the easy way out" type thing. People I know who do cross fit think they're huge and the ****. I beg to differ....
    Many crossfit workouts are a gut check so "easy way out" isn't really applicable.

I prefer specificity and crossfit provides none, with no specificity in training you will not become appreciably better in any aspect of fitness (IMO) and will be mediocre in all of them.

Plus the aformentioned high Rep oly lifts being stupid as hell. Why would someone fo a highly technical lift for high reps to train endurance? Especially when most people that do crossfit have not had the technical training to learn the lift correctly in the first place.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.89%

Just finished checking out the links provided, first off thanks guys ill be more hesitant about the CF, not completely saying I won't do it, but will be much more hesitant, I normally hate high rep workouts, which is why I generally stick to 5,3,1 training just thought I'd try something new.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.76%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Just finished checking out the links provided, first off thanks guys ill be more hesitant about the CF, not completely saying I won't do it, but will be much more hesitant, I normally hate high rep workouts, which is why I generally stick to 5,3,1 training just thought I'd try something new.
    If you want only to be the average "good looking" recreational lifter , evolve into PHAT or DC. If power/strength is in your appetite, stick with 5/3/1 and evolve into Conjugated Periodization (AKA West Side, or a good variation of it). For the love of (Insert Deity here) don't do CrossFit no matter what...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.89%

Haha okay man ill keep that in mind
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

And here we go again lol

If you are curious about Crossfit, then check it out. It's not for everyone obviously. Keep in mind that the majority of folks on here are into weight training and have only bigger/stronger in mind. Not everyone of course, but the site is called Anabolic Minds.

Crossfit has been a big part of my training for about the past 7 years. I don't do it solely, but I enjoy it and feel it has been greatly beneficial to me fitness wise and most importantly for me to be able to meet mission needs during my military training and deployments. I have to be able to move quickly, perform high bursts intense movements, carry heavy loads quickly and transition to carrying heavy loads over long distance, or swim long distances. So when I can pull over 400lbs, power clean 260 or so, and still run a 4:36 marathon then I'm happy.

I have not ever injured myself doing Crossfit. I do know proper form and technique, and had good people around me when I started, which I am sure was hugely beneficial. Though those kind of things can be said about any kind of training.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.78%

I like bodybuilding and that's how I train... But crossfit looks insane! I give them props. I enjoy watching them on ESPN rather than the worlds strongest man competition.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Crossfit
    By Highlanda01602 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 08:53 PM
  2. Crossfit?? Wtf
    By MEH89 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 02:24 AM
  3. Admins - Can We Have A Crossfit Forum?
    By Highlanda01602 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 04:11 PM
  4. CrossFit stack? How's it look..
    By Highlanda01602 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 04:38 PM
  5. vid clip of two guys crossfit training
    By Pit Bull in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 01:10 PM