Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

B3ast Workout Log

I have been lifting for about 8-9 months.
    I am 15 years old, 170lbs, and natural
    Current numbers:
    Bench:235lb
    Squat:285lb
    Deadlift:350lb (i do it once or less a month-will start doing more consistently)

Goals (by Jan 6th):
    Bench:240-250
    Squat:315
    Deadlift:400

Current Routine:
    Day 1 : Chest/Arms

-Incline Barbell Bench 3x6-8
    -Incline Dumbbell Bench 3x8-10
    -Flat Barbell Bench 3x6-8
    -Flat Dumbbell Flye 3x8-10
    -Barbell Curl 3x6-8 / Lying French Press 3x6-8
    -Incline Dumbbell Curl 3x8-10 / Tricep Pushdown 3x8-10
    -Preacher Curl 3x8-10 / Overhead Extension 3x8-10

Workout Duration : Approximately 45-60 minutes

Day 2 : Legs/Calves

-Front Squats 3x6-8
    -Leg Press 3x8-10
    -Leg Extension / Leg Curl 3x8-10
    -Romanian Deadlift 3x6-8

-Calf Press 3x10-20
    -Standing Calf Raise 3x20
    -Seated Calf Raise 3x6-10

Workout Duration : Approximately 40-50 minutes

Day 3 : Back/Delts

-Barbell Row 3x6-8
    -Weighted Pullup 3x8-10
    -Cable Row 3x8-10
    -TBAR Row 3x8-10 (Dumbbell Row if heavy enough DB's)

-Military Press 3x6-8
    -Upright Row 3x8-10
    -Side/Rear Lateral 3x8-10

*Face Pulls performed @ end for shoulder health

Workout Duration : 45-60 minutes

Rest time: 1minute,30seconds - 2 minutes for the Power Movements on each body part; ie:
    Incline Barbell,Front Squats,Barbell Row,Barbell Curl,Lying French Press,Military Press,etc.

Rest time: 45 seconds - 1 minute for the Isolation & Hypertrophy Movements on each body part;ie :
    Incline Dumbbell Curl, Dumbbell Flye, Cable Row, Tricep Pushdown, etc.

Current Supplements:
    Creatine
    Whey Protien
    Fish Oils
    Multi Vitamins

Current Caloric Intake: 2800Cals

If you would like anything else posted, let me know! Here is my latest benching video,

Youtube: i9PqGyu_bNE (add youtube.com/ ) to watch as i can not post links yet!
    (could have hit 10 with a spotter)

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm in brother!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

How is the routine?and Thank you!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by B3ast View Post
    How is the routine?and Thank you!
    Kinda hard to read format for me but looks good to me... Maybe do a split like chest/tris, legs, back/bis, delts ;-) Abs whenever u feel
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

If you ever want, and i am always open to help. Assemble a routine for me to hit strength and mass? I want to be as strong as i can get and build mass to look big aswell!
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%

If you ever want, and i am always open to help. Assemble a routine for me to hit strength and mass? I want to be as strong as i can get and build mass to look big aswell!
    Ya bro when I wake up ill help you set up a lil somethin somethin. My bench method helps everyone we can go over that
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Ya bro when I wake up ill help you set up a lil somethin somethin. My bench method helps everyone we can go over that
    Awesome! I will stayed tuned! I feel my main weakness is my squat, because i injured my ankle a while back and had to take 2 months off because the weight hurt it during recovery . My routine is a 3 on 1 off current for bb and strength, but i mainly want strength and mass. And be as strong as i can get!
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%

Awesome! I will stayed tuned! I feel my main weakness is my squat, because i injured my ankle a while back and had to take 2 months off because the weight hurt it during recovery . My routine is a 3 on 1 off current for bb and strength, but i mainly want strength and mass. And be as strong as i can get!
    We Will get to that for sure brotha
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Sounds good! Mind embedding the video of my 180x9 bench? I do not have nearly enough posts!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Destroyed my triceps today with skull crushers, push downs and weighted dips. Did flat DB bench and regular bb bench, some biceps and threw some pushups at the end to burn out.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

B3ast,next time put the camera on something and get him to spot you. Lol You also need to lock down your whole body when lifting. The rest of the body is rock solid and only the arms are moving. Your feet are flopping around and giving you no support at all. The power starts at the floor and flows up from there. Also, I'm liking the front squats. Those require serious upper body strength to perform.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.95%

I'm subbed. It's great to see a younger guy taking training and dieting seriously. If you keep it up, you'll be a complete monster by the time you're 21. I regret not starting when you did. You'll be a step above everyone else.

AZ gave ya a solid bench tip. You need to be rigid. Someone should be able to try to push your knees and they shouldn't budge.

With your routine my 2 cents is to not stick within a certain rep range like you have defined for every single exercise. The main compound lifts I generally keep lower reps, but your other exercises should vary for the most part. Please ask all the questions you want regarding your routine and/or diet, there's always an answer.

Good luck, and have fun; you'll learn a lot.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%

Ok so watching your vid I noticed how well you were breathing.
    That being said...
    Get your legs underneath you more as much as you can whilst keeping your heels on the ground. Arch is also something to work on.

Ok those elbows need to come in... That right there and your shoulders are gonna hate you later down the road. Elbows in tight... Flex those lats and control the bar.
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%

You got potential young blood
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.91%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I'm in bro.

Those are strong numbers for how short of a time you've been lifting.

But with you just starting have you considered Wendlers 5/3/1? With the periodization Bible for assistance it should give you all the gains you need, in strength and size.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I'm in bro.

Those are strong numbers for how short of a time you've been lifting.

But with you just starting have you considered Wendlers 5/3/1? With the periodization Bible for assistance it should give you all the gains you need, in strength and size.
    I considered it but never found the template for it. I asked AB to make me a routine, will be posting it once he has time to assemble it! So, pull my legs as far under me as possible and (i have always had trouble with this) pull my elbows in, and flex lats! Will video tape next benching day!
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I'm subbed. It's great to see a younger guy taking training and dieting seriously. If you keep it up, you'll be a complete monster by the time you're 21. I regret not starting when you did. You'll be a step above everyone else.

AZ gave ya a solid bench tip. You need to be rigid. Someone should be able to try to push your knees and they shouldn't budge.

With your routine my 2 cents is to not stick within a certain rep range like you have defined for every single exercise. The main compound lifts I generally keep lower reps, but your other exercises should vary for the most part. Please ask all the questions you want regarding your routine and/or diet, there's always an answer.

Good luck, and have fun; you'll learn a lot.
    Currently, i am bulking untill janurary 6th. I will then, begin my cut untill summer and maintain my body (not my lifts they are going ^^^ UP) and bulk around mid august till jan 6th again. How many calories below maintenance do you suggest for a cut to perserve as much strength and mass as possible? Anyone may answer!
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.95%

I considered it but never found the template for it. I asked AB to make me a routine, will be posting it once he has time to assemble it! So, pull my legs as far under me as possible and (i have always had trouble with this) pull my elbows in, and flex lats! Will video tape next benching day!
    Look at my log if you wanna see how the periodization bible works. Wendler also has a very simplified book that explains it. (Jim this is the second time ive followed you up with this lol deja vu? it really is a great program & template) Wendlers website also discusses it along with t-nation.com. I'm sure whatever AB comes up with for ya will work just as well too, he's a big dude.

What helped me gettin the arch is putting my feet up on the bench and arching and driving the weight onto my upper back, then set my legs down. That taught me how the arch should be and now I can get into it each time.

And I don't cut, I eat lol so I'm a horrible person to answer your last question
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%

Look at my log if you wanna see how the periodization bible works. Wendler also has a very simplified book that explains it. (Jim this is the second time ive followed you up with this lol deja vu? it really is a great program) Wendlers website also discusses it along with t-nation.com. I'm sure whatever AB comes up with for ya will work just as well too, he's a big dude.

What helped me gettin the arch is putting my feet up on the bench and arching and driving the weight onto my upper back, then set my legs down. That taught me how the arch should be and now I can get into it each time.
    Great method... I plant feet and push my shoulders to my butt... Your back should feel like a big cramp... I also found that a foam roller work in creating a better arch over time.
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Great method... I plant feet and push my shoulders to my butt... Your back should feel like a big cramp... I also found that a foam roller work in creating a better arch over time.
    i always felt that and thought i was doing something wrong! Haha, i will post AB's routine (and if he does not mind) also post the 5/3/1 wendlers and have people compare? Best of both worlds haha
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%

i always felt that and thought i was doing something wrong! Haha, i will post AB's routine (and if he does not mind) also post the 5/3/1 wendlers and have people compare? Best of both worlds haha
    My bench method is what's gonna getcha... I came up with it and it seems to work for everyone. Jumping in weight by 10-15 pounds each session haha
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

My bench method is what's gonna getcha... I came up with it and it seems to work for everyone. Jumping in weight by 10-15 pounds each session haha
    Awesome! I will love that My weakest points are squats and deadlifts. Mainly because (on deadlifts) my skin tears up in my hands instead of callusing and it has less natural cushioning for the weight.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%

Awesome! I will love that My weakest points are squats and deadlifts. Mainly because (on deadlifts) my skin tears up in my hands instead of callusing and it has less natural cushioning for the weight.
    Look into hook grip... It hurts but worth it
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Ok, will try! I will post a picture of how my hands look after deadlifting sometime lol idk why it happens
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.95%

^Ouch

And your hands will get beat up. I take a razor to my calices. DB rows and pullups holdin onto a rag are grip life savers
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Ouch
    I usually do alternate
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

I have legs today, i will be doing 3x5 front squats and 3x5 back squats, along with leg press, and hamstring curls and quad extensions. Throw some abs and calve workout in there as well. Any suggestions on the front and back squats?
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.95%

I prefer back squats as my main compound movement and front squats as assistance for my quads. Then hit up some good mornings or stiff leg deadlifts for hamstrings. Like I said, vary it all up bud.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

I prefer back squats as my main compound movement and front squats as assistance for my quads. Then hit up some good mornings or stiff leg deadlifts for hamstrings. Like I said, vary it all up bud.
    Yes, i should do good mornings, i have not done them in a while. I will do back squats first, and then front squats. What rep range do you suggest for front and back?
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%

Goodmornings on back day for sure imo
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.91%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Yes, i should do good mornings, i have not done them in a while. I will do back squats first, and then front squats. What rep range do you suggest for front and back?
    I like low reps for back squat (think ME working to 3-5RM) and then higher for assistance (think 8-12 range). But the key is to not get too caught up in reps, if you put weight on there and are going for 8 and only get 6 before failing its not a big deal.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%

Back squats go heavy...I always max out... After some warms I just up plates at a time. Do a while bunch of heavy singles or trips.
    Front squats go deep 5-8
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Goodmornings on back day for sure imo
    They work both hamstrings and back, i see your point. I could always do hamstring curls

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I like low reps for back squat (think ME working to 3-5RM) and then higher for assistance (think 8-12 range). But the key is to not get too caught up in reps, if you put weight on there and are going for 8 and only get 6 before failing its not a big deal.
    I like low rep for back squats and around 6-8 for front squats
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

I would be careful on going too low and heavy with the weights until you get your form dialed in. I just like to see the form perfect first and then progress from there. It will benfit more in the end strength wise and injury prevention.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I would be careful on going too low and heavy with the weights until you get your form dialed in. I just like to see the form perfect first and then progress from there. It will benfit more in the end strength wise and injury prevention.
    My form actually is pretty good, i took my time and restarted on squats so i knew i was going below parallel. I started with parallel back squats. Then, i went with below parallel and now here i am. If i get a chance, i will post a squat form check soon!
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

What i am doing for legs today, and will throw in 3 sets of front squats.

Squats: 10/8/5/3/3/1/1/1

Deep squats: 5/5/5

Leg ext and leg curls superset: 8/8/8

Calf press: 15/15/15

Hip and thigh abductor superset: 15/15/15
    No need to go heavy for this... It's to strengthen your hip so you don't have issues

-Courtesy of AB
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.17%

I did

135/185/205/215/225/275/275/265 Back squats
    135/155/155 Front squats
    And the rest were supports
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Sub'd
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.43%

My coach lives by going all out on your main lifts... 1rm each time BESIDES deadlifts. Those only 2 times in a month
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

Similar Forum Threads

1. Newbie workout log
    By KRuth22 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 10:56 PM
  2. Phillyb's Workout Log
    By phillyb in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 11:14 PM