B3ast Workout Log

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I have been lifting for about 8-9 months.
I am 15 years old, 170lbs, and natural
Current numbers:
Bench:235lb
Squat:285lb
Deadlift:350lb (i do it once or less a month-will start doing more consistently)

Goals (by Jan 6th):
Bench:240-250
Squat:315
Deadlift:400

Current Routine:
Day 1 : Chest/Arms

-Incline Barbell Bench 3x6-8
-Incline Dumbbell Bench 3x8-10
-Flat Barbell Bench 3x6-8
-Flat Dumbbell Flye 3x8-10
-Barbell Curl 3x6-8 / Lying French Press 3x6-8
-Incline Dumbbell Curl 3x8-10 / Tricep Pushdown 3x8-10
-Preacher Curl 3x8-10 / Overhead Extension 3x8-10

Workout Duration : Approximately 45-60 minutes

Day 2 : Legs/Calves

-Front Squats 3x6-8
-Leg Press 3x8-10
-Leg Extension / Leg Curl 3x8-10
-Romanian Deadlift 3x6-8

-Calf Press 3x10-20
-Standing Calf Raise 3x20
-Seated Calf Raise 3x6-10

Workout Duration : Approximately 40-50 minutes

Day 3 : Back/Delts

-Barbell Row 3x6-8
-Weighted Pullup 3x8-10
-Cable Row 3x8-10
-TBAR Row 3x8-10 (Dumbbell Row if heavy enough DB's)

-Military Press 3x6-8
-Upright Row 3x8-10
-Side/Rear Lateral 3x8-10

*Face Pulls performed @ end for shoulder health

Workout Duration : 45-60 minutes

Rest time: 1minute,30seconds - 2 minutes for the Power Movements on each body part; ie:
Incline Barbell,Front Squats,Barbell Row,Barbell Curl,Lying French Press,Military Press,etc.

Rest time: 45 seconds - 1 minute for the Isolation & Hypertrophy Movements on each body part;ie :
Incline Dumbbell Curl, Dumbbell Flye, Cable Row, Tricep Pushdown, etc.

Current Supplements:
Creatine
Whey Protien
Fish Oils
Multi Vitamins

Current Caloric Intake: 2800Cals

If you would like anything else posted, let me know! Here is my latest benching video,

Youtube: i9PqGyu_bNE (add youtube.com/ ) to watch as i can not post links yet!
(could have hit 10 with a spotter)

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I'm in brother!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
How is the routine?and Thank you!
Kinda hard to read format for me but looks good to me... Maybe do a split like chest/tris, legs, back/bis, delts ;-) Abs whenever u feel

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
If you ever want, and i am always open to help. Assemble a routine for me to hit strength and mass? I want to be as strong as i can get and build mass to look big aswell!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
If you ever want, and i am always open to help. Assemble a routine for me to hit strength and mass? I want to be as strong as i can get and build mass to look big aswell!
Ya bro when I wake up ill help you set up a lil somethin somethin. My bench method helps everyone we can go over that

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
Ya bro when I wake up ill help you set up a lil somethin somethin. My bench method helps everyone we can go over that
Awesome! I will stayed tuned! I feel my main weakness is my squat, because i injured my ankle a while back and had to take 2 months off because the weight hurt it during recovery :( . My routine is a 3 on 1 off current for bb and strength, but i mainly want strength and mass. And be as strong as i can get!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Awesome! I will stayed tuned! I feel my main weakness is my squat, because i injured my ankle a while back and had to take 2 months off because the weight hurt it during recovery :( . My routine is a 3 on 1 off current for bb and strength, but i mainly want strength and mass. And be as strong as i can get!
We Will get to that for sure brotha

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
Sounds good! Mind embedding the video of my 180x9 bench? I do not have nearly enough posts!

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
Destroyed my triceps today with skull crushers, push downs and weighted dips. Did flat DB bench and regular bb bench, some biceps and threw some pushups at the end to burn out.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
B3ast,next time put the camera on something and get him to spot you. Lol You also need to lock down your whole body when lifting. The rest of the body is rock solid and only the arms are moving. Your feet are flopping around and giving you no support at all. The power starts at the floor and flows up from there. Also, I'm liking the front squats. Those require serious upper body strength to perform.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm subbed. It's great to see a younger guy taking training and dieting seriously. If you keep it up, you'll be a complete monster by the time you're 21. I regret not starting when you did. You'll be a step above everyone else.

AZ gave ya a solid bench tip. You need to be rigid. Someone should be able to try to push your knees and they shouldn't budge.

With your routine my 2 cents is to not stick within a certain rep range like you have defined for every single exercise. The main compound lifts I generally keep lower reps, but your other exercises should vary for the most part. Please ask all the questions you want regarding your routine and/or diet, there's always an answer.

Good luck, and have fun; you'll learn a lot.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Ok so watching your vid I noticed how well you were breathing.
That being said...
Get your legs underneath you more as much as you can whilst keeping your heels on the ground. Arch is also something to work on.

Ok those elbows need to come in... That right there and your shoulders are gonna hate you later down the road. Elbows in tight... Flex those lats and control the bar.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
You got potential young blood

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in bro.

Those are strong numbers for how short of a time you've been lifting.

But with you just starting have you considered Wendlers 5/3/1? With the periodization Bible for assistance it should give you all the gains you need, in strength and size.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I'm in bro.

Those are strong numbers for how short of a time you've been lifting.

But with you just starting have you considered Wendlers 5/3/1? With the periodization Bible for assistance it should give you all the gains you need, in strength and size.
I considered it but never found the template for it. I asked AB to make me a routine, will be posting it once he has time to assemble it! So, pull my legs as far under me as possible and (i have always had trouble with this) pull my elbows in, and flex lats! Will video tape next benching day! :)

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I'm subbed. It's great to see a younger guy taking training and dieting seriously. If you keep it up, you'll be a complete monster by the time you're 21. I regret not starting when you did. You'll be a step above everyone else.

AZ gave ya a solid bench tip. You need to be rigid. Someone should be able to try to push your knees and they shouldn't budge.

With your routine my 2 cents is to not stick within a certain rep range like you have defined for every single exercise. The main compound lifts I generally keep lower reps, but your other exercises should vary for the most part. Please ask all the questions you want regarding your routine and/or diet, there's always an answer.

Good luck, and have fun; you'll learn a lot.
Currently, i am bulking untill janurary 6th. I will then, begin my cut untill summer and maintain my body (not my lifts they are going ^^^ UP) and bulk around mid august till jan 6th again. How many calories below maintenance do you suggest for a cut to perserve as much strength and mass as possible? Anyone may answer!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I considered it but never found the template for it. I asked AB to make me a routine, will be posting it once he has time to assemble it! So, pull my legs as far under me as possible and (i have always had trouble with this) pull my elbows in, and flex lats! Will video tape next benching day! :)
Look at my log if you wanna see how the periodization bible works. Wendler also has a very simplified book that explains it. (Jim this is the second time ive followed you up with this lol deja vu? it really is a great program & template) Wendlers website also discusses it along with t-nation.com. I'm sure whatever AB comes up with for ya will work just as well too, he's a big dude.

What helped me gettin the arch is putting my feet up on the bench and arching and driving the weight onto my upper back, then set my legs down. That taught me how the arch should be and now I can get into it each time.

And I don't cut, I eat lol so I'm a horrible person to answer your last question

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Look at my log if you wanna see how the periodization bible works. Wendler also has a very simplified book that explains it. (Jim this is the second time ive followed you up with this lol deja vu? it really is a great program) Wendlers website also discusses it along with t-nation.com. I'm sure whatever AB comes up with for ya will work just as well too, he's a big dude.

What helped me gettin the arch is putting my feet up on the bench and arching and driving the weight onto my upper back, then set my legs down. That taught me how the arch should be and now I can get into it each time.
Great method... I plant feet and push my shoulders to my butt... Your back should feel like a big cramp... I also found that a foam roller work in creating a better arch over time.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
Great method... I plant feet and push my shoulders to my butt... Your back should feel like a big cramp... I also found that a foam roller work in creating a better arch over time.
i always felt that and thought i was doing something wrong! Haha, i will post AB's routine (and if he does not mind) also post the 5/3/1 wendlers and have people compare? Best of both worlds haha :)

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
i always felt that and thought i was doing something wrong! Haha, i will post AB's routine (and if he does not mind) also post the 5/3/1 wendlers and have people compare? Best of both worlds haha :)
My bench method is what's gonna getcha... I came up with it and it seems to work for everyone. Jumping in weight by 10-15 pounds each session haha

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
My bench method is what's gonna getcha... I came up with it and it seems to work for everyone. Jumping in weight by 10-15 pounds each session haha
Awesome! I will love that :) My weakest points are squats and deadlifts. Mainly because (on deadlifts) my skin tears up in my hands instead of callusing and it has less natural cushioning for the weight.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Awesome! I will love that :) My weakest points are squats and deadlifts. Mainly because (on deadlifts) my skin tears up in my hands instead of callusing and it has less natural cushioning for the weight.
Look into hook grip... It hurts but worth it

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I have legs today, i will be doing 3x5 front squats and 3x5 back squats, along with leg press, and hamstring curls and quad extensions. Throw some abs and calve workout in there as well. Any suggestions on the front and back squats?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer back squats as my main compound movement and front squats as assistance for my quads. Then hit up some good mornings or stiff leg deadlifts for hamstrings. Like I said, vary it all up bud.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I prefer back squats as my main compound movement and front squats as assistance for my quads. Then hit up some good mornings or stiff leg deadlifts for hamstrings. Like I said, vary it all up bud.
Yes, i should do good mornings, i have not done them in a while. I will do back squats first, and then front squats. What rep range do you suggest for front and back?

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Goodmornings on back day for sure imo

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, i should do good mornings, i have not done them in a while. I will do back squats first, and then front squats. What rep range do you suggest for front and back?
I like low reps for back squat (think ME working to 3-5RM) and then higher for assistance (think 8-12 range). But the key is to not get too caught up in reps, if you put weight on there and are going for 8 and only get 6 before failing its not a big deal.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Back squats go heavy...I always max out... After some warms I just up plates at a time. Do a while bunch of heavy singles or trips.
Front squats go deep 5-8

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
Goodmornings on back day for sure imo
They work both hamstrings and back, i see your point. I could always do hamstring curls

I like low reps for back squat (think ME working to 3-5RM) and then higher for assistance (think 8-12 range). But the key is to not get too caught up in reps, if you put weight on there and are going for 8 and only get 6 before failing its not a big deal.
I like low rep for back squats and around 6-8 for front squats

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would be careful on going too low and heavy with the weights until you get your form dialed in. I just like to see the form perfect first and then progress from there. It will benfit more in the end strength wise and injury prevention.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I would be careful on going too low and heavy with the weights until you get your form dialed in. I just like to see the form perfect first and then progress from there. It will benfit more in the end strength wise and injury prevention.
My form actually is pretty good, i took my time and restarted on squats so i knew i was going below parallel. I started with parallel back squats. Then, i went with below parallel and now here i am. If i get a chance, i will post a squat form check soon!

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
What i am doing for legs today, and will throw in 3 sets of front squats.

Squats: 10/8/5/3/3/1/1/1

Deep squats: 5/5/5

Leg ext and leg curls superset: 8/8/8

Calf press: 15/15/15

Hip and thigh abductor superset: 15/15/15
No need to go heavy for this... It's to strengthen your hip so you don't have issues

-Courtesy of AB

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I did

135/185/205/215/225/275/275/265 Back squats
135/155/155 Front squats
And the rest were supports

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub'd

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
My coach lives by going all out on your main lifts... 1rm each time BESIDES deadlifts. Those only 2 times in a month

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
Current workout template:
Monday: chest, tris
Tuesday: legs
Wed: Abs and cardio or take off
Thursday: back, bis
Friday: delts
Sat/sun: off

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Great split for sure! Gives full recovery

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is almost exactly my split save for I bring delts in on thursday and back on friday to give me more recovery time from back workout. I also do my biceps on leg day before as a warm up and that way I sort of hit biceps twice a week(leg day/back day). It is a lagging body part for me so it needs the extra work.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read an article on here not too long ago, said that biceps are actually one of the most OVERTRAINED body parts, and alot of guys train them to the point that they can't grow. I hit bi's maybe 3 times a month. I feel like between back workouts and a few others, I get plenty of work. The few bi sessions are do are intense though.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
I read an article on here not too long ago, said that biceps are actually one of the most OVERTRAINED body parts, and alot of guys train them to the point that they can't grow. I hit bi's maybe 3 times a month. I feel like between back workouts and a few others, I get plenty of work. The few bi sessions are do are intense though.
Really? I think i will try that!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really? I think i will try that!
Yeah, it made sense after I thought about it. I don't know about you, but I incorporate a lot of rowing and pulling motions into my back day. Even with perfect form there is bi activity, and those last reps we pound out almost always shift some of the weight into the accessory muscles as the main muscles fatigue. So we kill our bis on back day. I know spotting guys on bench, pulling dumbells up and onto my legs, etc. all work my bis as well. They surely aren't neglected. I assume they are unlike calves and the fore arm with their short recovery times, and require more rest. However we use them nearly daily. Now the argument is made that we walk on our legs everyday, but they still grow. But I don't think the movements equate to each other. This could easily develop into a pretty length topic. See if you can find the article using search. It was decently interesting, but you have to take these with a grain of salt and check out the sources as well.

Eitherway, I feel like a lot of us really want bigger bi's because we expect to look like Cutler or Greene or Coleman, lol.

Another interesting article I read a year or two ago on here mentioned the increase in tri size benefited the appearance of the bicepts more than actually attempting to grow the bis. A well rounded arm will look better than an arm with just big bi's basically. Just some food for thought.

B3ast

B3ast

Awards
Yeah, it made sense after I thought about it. I don't know about you, but I incorporate a lot of rowing and pulling motions into my back day. Even with perfect form there is bi activity, and those last reps we pound out almost always shift some of the weight into the accessory muscles as the main muscles fatigue. So we kill our bis on back day. I know spotting guys on bench, pulling dumbells up and onto my legs, etc. all work my bis as well. They surely aren't neglected. I assume they are unlike calves and the fore arm with their short recovery times, and require more rest. However we use them nearly daily. Now the argument is made that we walk on our legs everyday, but they still grow. But I don't think the movements equate to each other. This could easily develop into a pretty length topic. See if you can find the article using search. It was decently interesting, but you have to take these with a grain of salt and check out the sources as well.

Eitherway, I feel like a lot of us really want bigger bi's because we expect to look like Cutler or Greene or Coleman, lol.

Another interesting article I read a year or two ago on here mentioned the increase in tri size benefited the appearance of the bicepts more than actually attempting to grow the bis. A well rounded arm will look better than an arm with just big bi's basically. Just some food for thought.
Yes! Triceps need to be worked hard and be bigger than your biceps (since after all they take up 2/3 of your arm). I make sure i work mine often. Skull crusher and pushdowns! Very informative, thank you man ;) What you think of the split template above for my routine?