Kyle Harris Training/Nutrition Journal

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. It's been 2 weeks since my last post, but I've been keeping at it. Training was great over christmas and the school vacation we had (about 10 days) and diet was relatively good. I indulged a bit in some food/drink, but had absolutely no sweets, treats, etc...

Back on trying to be active on the board and logging my workouts:

First workout of 2013 was today and it was LEGS!

1. Squats - 135/10, 165/10, 185/8, 225/5, 275/5
    - 305/5, 325/5, 345/5
    2. Leg Press - 300/10, 500/10, 600/10, 650/8, 700/6
    3. Lunges - 50 ea hand/10 each leg, 55/10, 55/10
    4. Leg Ext - 80/10 X 3
    5. Ly Leg Curl - 70/10, 100/8 X 3
    6. Straight Leg Dead - 135/10, 185/8, 205/8
    7. Calf Raise - 150/12, 12, 10, 10

After eating food all day yesterday (had 3 meals, 1 cheat, but snacked on foods all day) and having a cheat meal at least eod or eating just too much of healthy food over Christmas I was still only 177 this morning. Trying to push up to 180 and hold that while I own the weight and start to look better at the weight.

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs, 6 whites, 70 grams oats
    Meal 2 - 46 grams carnivore protein, 1 oz cashews
    Meal 3 - 8 oz chicken, 4/5 C Rice, Gr Beans
    Meal 4 - 2 sv Humapro protein, 1 oz cashews
    PRE WORKOUT: 30 grams hydrolyzed brown rice solids, 1 sv Prodigy
    DURING WORKOUT: 12 grams BCAA
    Post Workout: 2 sv Humapro, 40 grams hydrolyzed br rice solids
    Meal 5 - 8 oz chicken, 200 grams sweet potato
    Meal 6 - 8 oz Ground Beef, Green Beans
    Meal 7 - 8 oz Ground Beef
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME

2. Yikes, I've missed a whole run through of workouts. Did not log chest, back, shoulders, or arms. Workouts were pretty good. My time in the gym is dwindling so I'm getting more creative to get killer workouts and having to do more morning sessions.

I started going back to school and I may be on the verge of a little cut. Trying to decide if I can balance teaching full time, head varsity baseball coach, prepping folks, going back to school (online for now), and fatherhood with prepping.

Tonight is legs. Got my prodigy packed and ready. Still looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new PNI - Broser Built BCAA's coming this month!
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
    •   

3. TUESDAY - LEGS
    Yesterday was one of those days where I almost didn't workout. I got out of school about 30-minutes later than expected due to some things and I just wanted to get home to hang with my wife because we had open gym for baseball from 7-9. I called the wife and she said, "Just go workout". I pounded my prodigy and went and I'm glad I did cuz it was a doozy!

My rest periods were all about 1 minute.

Squats (after warm-ups) - 285/5 X 10 (1 min rest)
    Leg Press - 350/25, 350/25, 300/25, 300/25 (1 min rest)
    Leg Ext - 40/30 X 3 (1 min rest)
    Ly Leg Curl - 70/15, 80/15, 80/11 + 4 partials, 70/10 + 5 partials (1 min rest)
    DB SLDL - 55/15, 60/15, 55/15 (1 min rest)

Less than 12 hours later I was back at the gym (this morning) to hit chest:

Pec Dec Flly - 80/15, 100 X 10 X 6 (30 sec rest)
    Inc DB Bench Press - 75/15, 80 X 10 X 5
    Palms In DB Bench - 55/15, 60/10, 70/10 X 4
    DB Fly - 35/12, 40/10, 40/10
    SS: Cable Crossover - 40/15, 50/10, 60/8, 60/8
    Nautilus Chest Press - 150/10 X 4
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

4. 2 days off due to an out of town coaches clinic but yeateeday i hit back hard.

Wg pd - 5 warm up sets
    Wg p-up - 6 sets, 53 reps
    Bb row - 5 sets 135-205/8-15 reps
    1-arm db row - worked from 80-100 w 5# jumps 8-10 reps
    Cg pull dn 120-150/8-12 reps
    Ug seated row - 140/12X3
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

5. Do you notice a difference with carnivor ? I got 10 bottles as. Gift and was seeing since its 50 grams of beef protein.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.

6. When may be the next competition bro?
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU

7. This is great It's giving me tons of ideas for my diet
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    [email protected]
    www.pni-online.com

8. DJbomb - Carnivore is okay. I'm not a fan of the flavor, unless they've changed it recently. The tub I'm using is pretty old. besides that, no bloat that I can tell and my stomach feels fine. Hell, I'd make it a staple if I got 10 tubs. I have a client I'm working with right now that SWEARS by Carnivore. He LOVES it.

Coach Broser! Next competition. Thinking either this coming summer or fall. I'd like this summer, but with coaching, teaching, and going back to college, I'm scared that there will be some training sessions missed (mostly cardio as I won't miss the weights!!!) and as we know, that CAN'T happen when prepping. Unless I can work it out again like we did back in 2008 when you got me my pro card and you totally revamped my workouts and kept cardio low due to the training changes!!!

HowWeDo - glad the diet is giving you ideas. I'm eating a lot more beef and loving it. Got the bw up to 178 and holding finally, until the last few days when I got sick.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

9. Well, as I type this I'm hunkered down in my basement in sweat pants and a sweat shirt with the hood up - quarantined by my family. I left school a little early Tuesday because I was feeling really ill and it kept getting worse through last night. Feeling a bit better today, but no training since mOnday and dr's orders to stay home the rest of the week. Hot and sweaty one miniute then an instance later I'm freezing. It's horrible. Crazy bad headache, chest congestion, and my body aches like I've never felt before. Ugh, I hope you all avoid this.

Diet has been lax. Don't want to eat. Yesterday I had 3 apples, 4 eggs, 6 oz steak, and a few crackers . Been sipping BCAA as much as possible. Today I did get a decent breakfast.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

10. Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Well, as I type this I'm hunkered down in my basement in sweat pants and a sweat shirt with the hood up - quarantined by my family. I left school a little early Tuesday because I was feeling really ill and it kept getting worse through last night. Feeling a bit better today, but no training since mOnday and dr's orders to stay home the rest of the week. Hot and sweaty one miniute then an instance later I'm freezing. It's horrible. Crazy bad headache, chest congestion, and my body aches like I've never felt before. Ugh, I hope you all avoid this.

Diet has been lax. Don't want to eat. Yesterday I had 3 apples, 4 eggs, 6 oz steak, and a few crackers . Been sipping BCAA as much as possible. Today I did get a decent breakfast.
    ''
    Get better, I'm going through the same thing!!!!
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

•   

11. Well, I'm feeling better. Not 100%, but good enough to go to the gym yesterday and do a little pump.

Inc bench - 135 X 10 X 4
    DB Bench - 70 X 10 X 3
    Pec Dec 100 x 10 X 4
    Push-ups - 2 X 20

Today I'm feeling even better, still trouble breathing, but with asthma that will probably linger for a month. Going to do back. Probably some pull downs, seated rows, ug pull downs, and straight arm pull downs. That's it. Pretty simple this week. I want to stimulate my immune system to help kick this and get back to 100%, not shock it and get sick again. Doc said to be very careful because what I had compromises the immune system quite a bit.

Sucks because right before I got sick I just started taking Paragon for the first time. I have noticed a kick in libido, which is awesome because I did 4 weeks of D-Test (PNI's D-Aspartic Acid) and noticed a HUGE increase in libido (which is really good to begin w/ lol) and then wehen I was sick, obviously there was none, but now that I"m feeling better I feel another kick with this paragon. Can't wait to see how Paragon works when I"m 100% and full go.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

12. Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Well, I'm feeling better. Not 100%, but good enough to go to the gym yesterday and do a little pump.

Inc bench - 135 X 10 X 4
    DB Bench - 70 X 10 X 3
    Pec Dec 100 x 10 X 4
    Push-ups - 2 X 20

Today I'm feeling even better, still trouble breathing, but with asthma that will probably linger for a month. Going to do back. Probably some pull downs, seated rows, ug pull downs, and straight arm pull downs. That's it. Pretty simple this week. I want to stimulate my immune system to help kick this and get back to 100%, not shock it and get sick again. Doc said to be very careful because what I had compromises the immune system quite a bit.

Sucks because right before I got sick I just started taking Paragon for the first time. I have noticed a kick in libido, which is awesome because I did 4 weeks of D-Test (PNI's D-Aspartic Acid) and noticed a HUGE increase in libido (which is really good to begin w/ lol) and then wehen I was sick, obviously there was none, but now that I"m feeling better I feel another kick with this paragon. Can't wait to see how Paragon works when I"m 100% and full go.
    I'm coming down with the flu myself.....SUCKS!!!
    Hang tough brother!!
    PNI REP

13. Keep downing the vitamin c brothers and get better
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    [email protected]
    www.pni-online.com

14. Thanks guys, trying. Crushing Vit C Vit D Fish Oil. Need to up my BCAA. I feel that helps. First day back to work with kids (had Monday off, MLK Day, and Tuesday was a work day). I'm tired. Unfortuneately I am planning on training again tonight (Shoulders) and we have open gym for baseball tonight and tomorrow 7-9 so late nights. People at work say I still look exhausted. I feel better, but maybe I was just so tired and sick that even feeling better, but not well, is an upgrade?

Yesterday I did back. It wiped me out pretty good and I had a hard time breathing the whole workout and that persisted through the evening.

1-Arm DB Row - 25, 35, 45, 60 all X 10: 70 X 10 X 3
    UG BB Row - 135 X 10 X 4
    WG Pull Down - 100 X 10 X 4
    Seated Row - 120 X 10 X 3
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

15. Getting back to eating on schedule finally. I seem to have gotten my appetite back and then some. I'm using no supplements other than staples (BCAA, EAA, multi, Fish Oil, Joint care products, vit d3). Yesterday did shoulders and arms. Will take today off and do my first leg workout since before getting sick.

Lateral Raise - 20 X 10 X 4
    DB Shoudler Press - 50 X 10 X 4
    Plate Front Raise - 25 X 12 X 3
    Rev Pec Dec - 100 X 15 X 2
    Seated DB Curl - 25 X 10 X 5
    Cable Push Down - 70 X 12 X 5
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

16. Weighed 175 today. Was really hoping to hit the 180 mark by now, but it's not happening. Diet is:

Meal 1 - 3-4 eggs, 6 whites, 70-80 grams oats
    Meal 2 - 8 oz steak, Greens
    Meal 3 - 8 oz Chicken, 1 C Rice
    Meal 4 - 8 oz Ground Beef, Greens
    Meal 5 - 8 oz Chicken 200 gram sweet potato or 4/5 c rice or 3 pc ezekial bread
    Meal 6 - 8 oz beef or 50 grams protein shake w/ 1 oz nuts
    Meal 7 - 8 oz Chicken and Nuts or 3 whole eggs, 6 whites

Pre workout adding 30 grams carb powder. Post workout 30-40 grams carb powder.

2 Cheat meals per week. Actually it's been more like 3 and I"ve added some snacking in there with things. Could up cals just worried that too much fat would acrue.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

17. Monday morning 5:30 AM:
    15-minute shoulder warm-up circuit
    DB Shoulder Press - 35/12, 45/12, 55/12, 65/12, 70/10 X 3
    Seated DB Lateral Raise - 20/12 X 5
    Cable Upright Row - 70/12 X 3
    Rev Pec Dec - 120/12 X 3

Still easing back into it after that nasty flu. Diet's been pretty on point today and as I type this I believe it's time for me to eat again!
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

18. Well, the lethargy of the Flu is still lingering, but Tuesday I got after it a bit more. Hit arms pretty hard. Did some cool tricks that are hard to explain so I'll digress. Also hit cardio up for 25 min post workout. Hitmore cardio yesterday morning, then did a bit more leg training today than I did last week. Not a great workout, but I was wiped out afterward.

Leg Ext - 40, 55, 70, 80, 80 all for 10
    Squats - 225/10, 245/10, 245/10, 265/8, 265/8
    Leg Press - 300/10, 500/10, 500/10, 600/10, 600/8
    Leg Ext - 75/10 X 3
    1 Leg Leg Curl - 50/8 X 4
    Seated Leg curl - 100/12 X 3
    Calf Raise - 130/15, 130/15, 130/12, 130/10, 130/10
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

19. Well since my last post I've done chest (friday), back (saturday), and shoulders/arms (Sunday).

Sunday was crazy. Overslept (til 8 and church is 8:30) so we had 30 min to get ourselves and 2 daughters ready and i missed my morning workout. After church I did 3 hours of pitching lessons then hit the gym a little after 2. After that I worked out some changes in client diets and hit the road with the in laws for a Super Bowl party we won at BW3. We watched the first half there then came home for the 2nd half. PERFECT. The black out made it so I didn't miss anything. By the time we cashed out (we got $100 worth of free food for our party but sstill spent 109 with tip and taxes and other food/drink) I saw the kick return then we hit the road and got home right before the game restarted!!

SUNDAY Sho/Arms
    Standing BB SHoulder Press (all sets of 10) - 65, 85, 95, 115; 135, 135, 135, 135/9
    DB Lateral - 20/20, 25/14, 30/12, 35/10, 40/6+10 partials
    SS: Cable Upright Row/Rev Pec Dec (3 sets of 12 each) - 80/120
    Hammer Strength Iso Sho Press - 140/15, 160/15, 160/13
    Seated Nautlius Lat Raise - 70/15, 80/15, 80/12
    SS: BB Curl/Triceps Ext - 5 Sets of 8-15 Reps
    SS: Front DBL Biceps Cable Curl/Cable Bent Overhead Ext - 5 Sets of 8-12
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

20. Today is an off day and after gorging during the super bowl going a bit low carb today

Meal 1 - 3 eggs, 6 whites, 1 cup oats
    Meal 2 - 8 oz Ground Beef
    Meal 3 - 8 oz Chk, 1 Cup Rice
    Meal 4 - 8 oz Ground Beef
    Meal 5 - 8 oz Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans
    Meal 6 - 8 oz Sirloin Steak
    Meal 7 - 2 Eggs, 8 Egg Whites

Have only eaten Meals 1-4, but that's what's on the agenda.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

21. Kyle
    ~ 2 - 8lb. geese
    ~ 3 tsp. grated onion
    ~ 4 tbsp. grated carrots
    ~ 2 bay leaves
    ~ 1/2 tsp. marjoram
    ~ 1 tsp. sage, crushed
    ~ 1 tsp salt
    ~ 1/2 tsp. pepper
    ~ 2 cups white wine
    Carefully remove the breasts from the bone. Remove the skin....side note...the skin is fatty/greasy, this is why I remove it.

In a
    large dish, combine the remaining ingredients. Marinate the breasts in the mixture for at least 8 hours. Turning occasionally. Remove the breasts and pat dry.

Place on broiling rack and broil each side for 11 minutes.

Serve and Enjoy!
    PNI REP

22. THANKS TANK!
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

23. Been slacking on updating, however I have not been slacking in the gym. Finally last week I started to really get after it. Strenght was getting back to where it was pre-flu and I was feeling good. Diet was eating every 3 hours but with cheats and not weighing everything. Yesterday started a new rotation in my split (I'm training everyday I can with coaching and schooling there are days I won't be able to train so I have no set day/split - just a "rotation" - Legs, Chest, Back, Shoulders, Arms, Repeat). I've done Thursday thru today and may take a day off tomorrow, depends on everyone's schedules. But the new rotation started yesterday and I got after it!

LEGS (monday)
    Squats (after warmups) - 275/8, 295/8, 315/6, 315/5 (not great weight, but a$$ to heels and the first time over 300 in a while)
    Smith Squat (mimicking hack squat - 1 min rests) - 135/10, 155/10, 175/10, 195/10, 215/8, 235/8
    1 Leg Leg Press - 200/10, 225/10, 250/10, 275/8, 275/7
    Leg Press (Feet Wide) - 400/12, 500/12, 500/10
    Lying Leg Curl - 60/10, 80/10, 100/10, 100/9, 100/8, 100/7
    SS: Leg Ext - 70 X 15 w/ Seated Leg Curl - 115/12 4 sets

TUesday (5:30 AM Chest) - After 20 minutes of shoulder warm up b/c shoudler was being a pain
    DB Bench - 80/10, 90/10, 100/8, 100/8, 100/8, 90/10, 80/10
    Inc BB - 135/15, 155/10 X 5
    Seated Cable Fly - 40 X 10 X 5
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

24. After an off day Wednesday was back in the gym last night for back and some cardio.

BACK
    WG Pull Downs - 60/15, 80/10, 100/8
    WG Pull-ups - 6 sets of 8
    CG Pull-ups - 4 sets of 8
    T Bar Row - 135/8, 170/8, 195/8 X 4
    UG Pull Down - 150/10, 160/8, 160/7, 150/10
    Overhand Cable Row - 120/10 X 3
    25 Minutes cardio intervals

There is a 5 K I want to run in on April 28. It's a benefit for a scholarship foundation that is for my wife's cousin who passed away from brain cancer about a year ago at 22 years old. I was very close to him. I'm trying to make sure I get some running in 2-3 days per week for now and will slowly increase. Yesterday I put the treadmill at 4.5% incline and walked at 3.6 MPH and cycled that with running at 5.5-6 MPH. Wanted to go 6 the whole time, but at 6 my knee hurt, at 5.5 it didn't. Slow, I know, but it's been a while since I actually RAN for an extended period of time. I would run for about 4 minutes then walk for 2.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

25. ‎"Don’t just lift the weights…ATTACK THEM! Tear them apart! Treat every rep as if it were the last you would ever perform. Lift like your life is on the line. Look at the weights and then listen as they mock you… “C’mon wimp! You can’t lift us! Go home and curl up on the couch with your dolls, some potato chips and watch Oprah!” Then, go ahead and retaliate with the kind of ferocity that you are saving for your worst enemy! Do whatever it takes to psyche yourself up. Yell…growl…slap yourself…think of people you hate (or taxes). Just get PISSED OFF! Then, channel all of that intense anger and emotion into every rep of every set. You cannot simply whisper at your muscles, you must scream at them! Don’t just workout…GO TO WAR!" --COACH ERIC BROSER

Just dropping by Kyle.....Hope all is well!!
    PNI REP

26. Great quote by Coach Broser Tank. Thank you!

Last few workouts:

LEGS
    Squats - 245/8, 265/8, 295/8, 315/8, 335/6, 335/5
    Leg Press - 400/10, 500/10, 550/8, 550/8, 500/8 (might have been 600 and 650, can't remember)
    Lunges - 50/10, 55/10, 55/8
    Ly Leg Curl - 70/10, 90/10, 100/10, 100/8, 100/8
    SS: Leg Ext - 80/12 X 3 (might have been 15 reps)
    Seated Leg Curl - 125/12 X 3

CHEST
    DB Bench - 80/10, 90/8, 100/8, 105/8, 105/6, 105/6, 80/12
    Inc BB Bench - 135/10, 175/10, 185/8, 185/7, 175/8, 135/15
    Inc DB Fly - 30/10, 35/10, 35/8, 35/8 + 10 Neutral Grip Presses + 20 push-ups
    Inc Cable Fly - 40 X 10 X 5

BACK
    Pull-ups - 6 sets of 8
    CG T Bar Row - 135/10, 160/10, 175/8, 185/8 X 3
    UG Pull Down - 150/10, 160/8, 160/7, 150/8
    Machine Row - 150/8 X 4
    SS: Machine Pullover/St Arm Pull Down - 50 (both machines)/12&10, 10&8, 10&8
    BB Shrug - 135/10, 185/10, 225/10, 245/10, 265/10, 285/8 X 3

Exhausted today. Have trained 6 straight days. Taking today off. I have also been doing some cardio. I have been doing some intervals and trying to increase the time I run. Did not run yesterday, but with being off the weights today I will run. Up to 180 and holding. Not as lean as I'd like to be, but still definitely not fat.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

27. Weekend training went great.
    Friday did biceps and triceps. Nothing spectacular. Started w some wg pull ups then did some cg pull ups db curls bb curls and cable curls. I did weighted dips, cg bench & cable ext for triceps. I did bi exercise then a tri exercise. I finished w a nice run.

Saturday - Legs
    Bike 7 min
    Squats - 315/6 335/5, 5, 4
    Leg press 400/10, 500/8, 600/8, 650/8, 600/8
    Hack squat - 200/10, 250/8x2
    1leg leg curl - 50/10, 55/10, 60/8x2
    Sldl- 135/10, 185/10, 225/8x2
    Leg ext - 70/10x4 30sec rest
    Seat leg curl - 100/10x4 30 sec rest

Felt weak on squats. Hips amd knees hurt. May have overdone the running thurs and fri

Sunday chest
    Db bench - 100/6 105/6 110/5 110/4 105/6 110/4 105/6
    Inc bb bench 135/10 185/8 205/6 225/6 235/5 225/6
    Db fly 50/7 x4
    Pec dec 150/12 170/8 180/8
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cali's 3 Week Pre Cycle Training/Nutrition guide...
    By caliphotog in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 01:31 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 04:46 PM
  3. Requesting a training/nutritional plan
    By The Anarchist in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 04:45 PM
  4. Weight Training Nutrition Is Not Common Sense
    By jjohn in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0