Dangerdave's Girlfriend's quest to awesomness

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Hello all, just joined the site and looking forward to starting this chapter of my life.

My boyfriend Dangerdave will be coaching me. I've never really worked out to gain body mass or to tone up, so this will be a new experience for me. My current body weight is about 120 with 18%-20% BF. my current weight goal is 105 as I am looking more to tone then I am to gain muscle, I will be doing my best at the gym and in the kitchen. With the help of Dangerdave who has created a great diet and workout plan for me!

Can't wait to get everyone updated and hoping I get a ton of responses!

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
1st!!!!! You are gunna kill this sh*t

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
111.png

Here is the workout plan we will be starting

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Until she gets her 50 posts... Here are the starting point pics

100_0419.JPG
100_0421.JPG
100_0422.JPG

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
With Dave coaching you its already a win. I saw the result of some of his logs and DAMN! Good luck and welcome to AM!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DD is the man! This should be interesting! :)

Welcome to AM and good luck!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Hello all, just joined the site and looking forward to starting this chapter of my life.

My boyfriend Dangerdave will be coaching me. I've never really worked out to gain body mass or to tone up, so this will be a new experience for me. My current body weight is about 120 with 18%-20% BF. my current weight goal is 105 as I am looking more to tone then I am to gain muscle, I will be doing my best at the gym and in the kitchen. With the help of Dangerdave who has created a great diet and workout plan for me!

Can't wait to get everyone updated and hoping I get a ton of responses!

Welcome a board DangerLace!!

Sounds like you will have a lot of support from your boyfriend and that's pretty cool!! Saw your w/out plan and was curious if you will be adding cardio to your routine? What will your diet look like??

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Welcome a board DangerLace!!

Sounds like you will have a lot of support from your boyfriend and that's pretty cool!! Saw your w/out plan and was curious if you will be adding cardio to your routine? What will your diet look like??
Thanks Miss Q good to hear from another of the few girls on the site, yes I will be throwing in some cardio as well, mostly swimming jogging and biking.

Ill be running an 1800 cal diet a day. Full of protein and low carbs.

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Thanks Miss Q good to hear from another of the few girls on the site, yes I will be throwing in some cardio as well, mostly swimming jogging and biking.

Ill be running an 1800 cal diet a day. Full of protein and low carbs.
Sorry not so low on carbs, my diet will be a 40/30/30 for 2 weeks.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I will post up the diet particulars when I get a chance. Its just like Lace said and we will adjust every 2 weeks till we find the sweet spot that her body grows best at.

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Update: Day 1:

Bench Press - 45x 10,10,10
Bent Over Row - 45x 10, 10, 65x 10
DB Shoulder Press - 10x 10, 10, 10
Rope Press Down - 30x 10, 10 l, 45x 10
Barbell Curl- 10x 10, 10, 10

15 min light cardio.

Workout was good, never done free weights before so it was a bit of challenge, did light weight so I could get the hang of it. Going to take some practice with my form and balance but all and all wasn't to bad. Cardio included jogging, biking and "Jacobs ladder" if anyone else has heard of it. Very satisfied with the work out today and extremely excited for lower body tomorrow.

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
keep at it, you'll get the hang of it!
Thanks, yeah I wasn't to proud of the 45lbs for bench presses but I've also never worked out my upper body. Ill only get better from here, I'm confident in it.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
The great thing about learning from scratch and being completely new?.... no bad habits with form!

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Update: Day 2:

Leg Press- 90x 12, 12 135x 12
Stiff Leg Dead lift- 20x 8, 8
Leg extension- 85x 8, 9, 10
Leg Curl- 40x 10, 12 55x 8
Standing Calf Raise- 45x 12, 9, 12
Lying Leg Raise- 10, 10, 12
Swiss Ball Crunch- 4lbs ball, 20/10, 20/10

10min cardio

Workout was great. Love working on my legs because of all the sports I played back in the day. Stiff legs were tough couldn't exactly get the form right. Everything else was easy and felt a great burn. Taking it slow this first week trying to get my body used to lifting, and giving my muscles a chance to recover after each day. Thanks for the support and look forward to hearing you thoughts on all this!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Nice to hear that your enjoying your workout's!!! By the way... wonder where you live in NC?? I'm at the beach!!

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Thanks Miss Q. Ill send you a private message, don't want everyone knowing exactly where I am now :p

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Update: day 3:

Dips- 40x 12, 12 45x 12
Pull-Ups- 12, 12, 12
DB Side Lateral- 5x 12, 12, 8
Tricep Cable Pressdown- 20x 12, 12, 12
Cable Curl- 15x 12, 12 20x 8

Day 3 was great. Easy learning the lifting methods. Didn't do any cardio today been very sore from Doug legs on Wed. Can feel myself getting stronger, and body is definitely a lot healthier and feels better then it did last week. Starting to be able to sleep really good. One of my main worries was my joints give me problems through all of this but so far so good. Abs are still very sore as well as lower back but getting better everyday. My appetite is killing me, I've been craving carbs such as pasta, bread and potatoes, but have been able to keep on track with the diet.
Now that my body is catching up, we will be going to the gym more regularly depending on my work schedule. Will update again after my next trip to the gym!!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Sounds like you are getting the hang of things in the gym and enjoying it all at the same time. Sleeping better is awesome, huh?!? I bet as soon as you hit the bed you prob don't want to do anything but sleep and as you start seeing changes you will prob never stop. It will become part of who you are!! What kind of vitamins do you take?

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Sounds like you are getting the hang of things in the gym and enjoying it all at the same time. Sleeping better is awesome, huh and I bet as soon as you hit the bed you prob want to do nothing but sleep!!! As you start seeing changes you will prob never stop, it will become part of who you are!! What kind of vitamins do you take?
I'm not taking any actually. And recommendations?

G

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. I am on low carb right now so I know the feeling! What helps me is increasing fiber intake to feel more full. Keep up the great work!

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Subbed. I am on low carb right now so I know the feeling! What helps me is increasing fiber intake to feel more full. Keep up the great work!
Yeah I have a lot of fiber in my diet as it is, don't really have the space to add more right now or I would. I'm def starting to get cranky if I miss my days. DangerDave is starting to rub off on me haha.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
I'm not taking any actually. And recommendations?

I take the following, but don't know if it's all completely necessary!!

Vit E-400iu- 1 a day
Multi Vit- 1 a day
Vit C- 500mg - 3-4 times per day
b-12- 100mcg- 1 a day
Calcium -1200mg- 1 per day
Fish Oil-2000mg- 2 per day
Chromium Picolinate-100 mcg 3 x a day for each meal
Fiber Pills- 2-5 per day to stay full
Sometimes I will add Flax Seed Oil in to the mix.

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Cool. I'm not very good about swallowing pills so its tough for me to take stuff. Those are some pretty healthy amounts, I know I don't need the fiber pills just yet but might use them as I progress for appetite control. I will prbly start taking for sure vitamin D, b12, and fish oil. I shouldn't need the others because my diet is pretty packed with the right stuff.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
You have support, a good diet, and good training plan. Keep it up you will smash your goals!

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing my results and setting new goals!!

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Update: Day 4:

FINALY!!
After not being in the gym all week due to work I finally was able to go today, ad will be able to go tomorrow as well. Here's my stats.

Leg Press- 115x 8, 8 90x 10
Stiff Leg Dead Lift- 75x 8, 8, 8
Leg Extension- 55x 12, 12, 12
Leg Curls- 55x 12, 12, 12
Seated Calf Raise- 50x 8, 8 45x 12

Workout was good, my legs were extremely stiff and seemed like I couldn't stretch enough. All my joints are doing good other then my knee which really hurt me during the leg presses. Legs are extremely tired, defiantly ready for a good night rest tonight.

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Just a quick little update.. Haven't been on in a while, really should probably get a log book so I can keep up with what I lift when I go to the gym.

Anyway things are going good, did adjust my diet a little bit, brought the carbs down. Didn't feel like I was loosing weight at all but I guess we'll see. I was having digestive problems when I thought this as well so that could be a huge factor in it.

I'm defiantly getting stronger, when I first started I could barley do a bench press with just the bar, now it's easy as cake, still not able to add any weight but soon for sure. Legs are getting stronger, as are my abs.

I hope I can start going to the gym more often, these last few weeks have been crazy with Dangerdave's and I work schedules. But hopefully after this week things will slow down a little and ill be able to go as much as I want. Ill try to keep everyone updated when I go from now on and gonna make it a priority to get a log book of my own.

Thanks everyone and Have an Amazing Thanksgiving!!!

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
your before pictures look good! nice to see another spouse here :]

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Well I'm well on my way to my goal, haven't got the chance to weigh myself yet, but I know I'm getting results, already my body is starting to change, my stomach is flatter, arms are bigger and legs are stronger!

I did 45 min of cardio yesterday ran about 1 1/2 miles, and biked about 3 miles. Cardio is tough for me but it helps so much with toning my body. Ill be going to the gym again tomorrow continuing my lifting with upper body!

We should have my update pictures on Sunday, DangerDave will post them on this topic since I still don't have enough post to do it myself. Keep you eye it! I'm excited to show you all my results so far!!

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
How I love being sore.

Hello everyone, Just a quick update of my gym time here! :)

10min Cardio: Ran 1 Mile
Rope Press Down: 35x 8, 10, 25x 10
DB Shoulder Press: 10x, 12, 12, 12
DB Curls: 10x 12, 12, 12
Seated Dips: 55x 12, 12, 70x 10
BB Bent Over Rows: 65x 12, 12, 12

Felt Great to finally get to lift again, And oh so sore from not being able to the last week or so. Mile is getting easier for me to run which is great! DangerDave and I both forgot to take out update pics Sunday so we'll try to get to it this weekend early. Got a little bit of a cold so hopefully it doesn't take long for my muscles to recover from last night so I can get back in the gym and do lower body which I know is gonna kill me as well.
Keep an eye out for the pics, you'll be impressed with the results so far I promise!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Glad to read that you making changes. Yes, cardio is a b*tch, but necessary for most ladies to see quicker changes. Look forward to your progress photo's.

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Can't wait to post them girl! Thanks for your continued support!!

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Actually posting from the gym while I wait for Dangerdave to finish with his workout. :)

10min cardio: Ran 1 mile
Leg Press: 105x 12, 8, 8
Seated Calf Raise: 50x 12 65x 12 90x 12
Leg extension: 70x 12, 10, 10
Leg Curl: 55x 12, 8, 8

Had a great workout, could really feel my legs getting tired after not working my legs out for a while. Not feeling to great today, but didn't let it get in the way of my work out, actually pushed myself harder because I knew I didn't feel very good. Should still be getting my pictures in either tomorrow or Sunday.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Caught up. Cheers to you for getting back in there! DD is an awesome guy he's been helping me a ton. Stoked for the both of you. I'm trying to get my damn wife to train with me. Not going well but I'm not gonna leave her alone lol. Keep killing it girl!

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Caught up. Cheers to you for getting back in there! DD is an awesome guy he's been helping me a ton. Stoked for the both of you. I'm trying to get my damn wife to train with me. Not going well but I'm not gonna leave her alone lol. Keep killing it girl!
Hey man! Glad you stopped in here! She has been busting her azz and dieting like a boss. Just keep nagging your wife until she gives in lol

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Know how Dave got me to train with him? Told me I had the perfect body to compete.. It was seriously that easy. Ha! And once I started I loved it, good luck with her. And thanks for the support!

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
I take the following, but don't know if it's all completely necessary!!

Vit E-400iu- 1 a day
Multi Vit- 1 a day
Vit C- 500mg - 3-4 times per day
b-12- 100mcg- 1 a day
Calcium -1200mg- 1 per day
Fish Oil-2000mg- 2 per day
Chromium Picolinate-100 mcg 3 x a day for each meal
Fiber Pills- 2-5 per day to stay full
Sometimes I will add Flax Seed Oil in to the mix.
Besides Calcium you have any ideas of what I should take to get some of my flexibility back? Seems like it's getting harder and harder to stretch and stuff every time I work out..

DangerLace

DangerLace

Awards
Sorry haven't updated this week yet, been extremely sick all week. Been able to stick to my diet through my bad sinus infection just not going to the gym. Finally feeling better though so I should be able to go either tomorrow or Friday if not both days which I really want to try to do.

We were able to get my update pics on Saturday just still haven't been able to put them up yet. Will get to it soon though!!