Airborne's Quest to PowerLifting (and whatever he's on ATM) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

Airborne's Quest to PowerLifting (and whatever he's on ATM)

Page 5 of 175 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by napalm
    Strong bench day there broseph, have you tried board presses? Essentially the same thing. Great work...
    Thank you man believe it or not... It was a let down day for me but its ok I'm focusing on the true PL form. Board press?
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

2. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42

Thank you man believe it or not... It was a let down day for me but its ok I'm focusing on the true PL form. Board press?
    Some days are just not as good as others, no big deal. Easy breezy.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fŁcking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

Some days are just not as good as others, no big deal. Easy breezy.
    Guaranteed brother! Just means next time ill push harder :-)
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Board press?
    Just some 2x4's nailed together with a handle for your training partner to hold. Can be 2 board, 3 board or whatever height you may be sticking at. Partner holds it on your chest, you lower bar, touch board and blast off. Sounds essentially like what you were doing.

Off to earn a few pennies...
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION

Excuse me, there is only one midget king here!
    Dad?
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Just some 2x4's nailed together with a handle for your training partner to hold. Can be 2 board, 3 board or whatever height you may be sticking at. Partner holds it on your chest, you lower bar, touch board and blast off. Sounds essentially like what you were doing.

Off to earn a few pennies...
    Yea that is exactly it haha its like a block of 2x4s
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Dad?
    Son?
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Son?
    Finally you reunite!!!
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

This Alphamine is keeping me alive right now :-) mmmmmm
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

This Alphamine is keeping me alive right now :-) mmmmmm
    new staple!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Finally you reunite!!!
    I left for a reason!
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

new staple!
    Guaranteed! Ima rotate between FSXR and Alphamine. Love them both!
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

I left for a reason!
    Just because mom has no thumbs was no reason to leave bastard...
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Just because mom has no thumbs was no reason to leave bastard...
    There are some things you will never understand.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

There are some things you will never understand.
    Yeah but tranny hookers?
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Yeah but tranny hookers?

A mouth is a mouth!
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Declines are different haha not a fan but if they will make me stronger haha
    I like declines - perhaps coincedental, but for me it seems like the best for hitting the lower part of the pec

I usually work with dumbbells as I rarely have a spotter, so there's always that little bit of "oh ****" factor when I first start leaning back holding weight.

In another thread they were talking about doing decline skullcrushers for a bit of extra isolation -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION View Post
    A mouth is a mouth!
    Hey! We're all pink on the inside....
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Haha you guys
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If he has you doing board presses then he is working on a sticking point in your lift. 4 boards is up in the lockout portion. My thoughts on decline bench are that they actually do a great job of working the entire chest but tend to force you to get your lats more involved in the lift. This might be his motivation here AB.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    If he has you doing board presses then he is working on a sticking point in your lift. 4 boards is up in the lockout portion. My thoughts on decline bench are that they actually do a great job of working the entire chest but tend to force you to get your lats more involved in the lift. This might be his motivation here AB.
    Yea definitely put that perfectly bro... Yea 4 board is just over 90 for me I believe... Can't tell. Might prob is keeping elbos in tight
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Decline will get the elbows in.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Decline will get the elbows in.
    It's keeping them in... Keeping my body in tight
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Yea definitely put that perfectly bro... Yea 4 board is just over 90 for me I believe... Can't tell. Might prob is keeping elbos in tight
    have you tried any different grip spacing? i felt like a way to keep my elbows tucked was to have my hands a little bit wider than shoulders. im sure your coach can fix you up though! lol not that you really need fixing mister i bench 500 lol !!
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Declines are different haha not a fan but if they will make me stronger haha
    I just started decline due to swapping out for another lift. I had never really been a fan because of shoulder stress but this time around I'm digging them dude. Oddly enough I've between making great jumps in progress with them.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    I just started decline due to swapping out for another lift. I had never really been a fan because of shoulder stress but this time around I'm digging them dude. Oddly enough I've between making great jumps in progress with them.
    I haven't done decline bench in like 10 years or more, but when I used to, I could decline a decent bit more than I could flat bench. Might have to give it another try if they got AB doing it.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

I left for a reason!
    Lmfao! That's exactly what my dad told me and it's hurtful reaction!!!! Words hurt!!!!!!!

ASSSSSSS HOLLLLLLEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Randoja

I haven't done decline bench in like 10 years or more, but when I used to, I could decline a decent bit more than I could flat bench. Might have to give it another try if they got AB doing it.
    Gerenteed!!!
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez

Lmfao! That's exactly what my dad told me and it's hurtful reaction!!!! Words hurt!!!!!!!

ASSSSSSS HOLLLLLLEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!
    Sorry Deezy! Forgive me?
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION View Post
    Sorry Deezy! Forgive me?

wait, wut? him too?

slut
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Declines are awesome! The trick is in flexing your lats really hard to pull your shoulders down. It totally takes shoulders out of the press and crushes your chesticles.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw

have you tried any different grip spacing? i felt like a way to keep my elbows tucked was to have my hands a little bit wider than shoulders. im sure your coach can fix you up though! lol not that you really need fixing mister i bench 500 lol !!
    There is guidelines to comp lifting on where your grip is ;-)
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Declines are awesome! The trick is in flexing your lats really hard to pull your shoulders down. It totally takes shoulders out of the press and crushes your chesticles.
    This!!!
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Today is a good day... An off day but suppin up my regualars but ConDense! Let's just say this Test looks mighty delicious ;-)
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Today is a good day... An off day but suppin up my regualars but ConDense! Let's just say this Test looks mighty delicious ;-)
    nice bro. you ordered it already? stuff shipped fast!
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668

nice bro. you ordered it already? stuff shipped fast!
    Yea it got here before I could ask for a shipping number Lmao
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Oh noz! Ima scared! AB+Test!!!!!!
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinggrommet

Oh noz! Ima scared! AB+Test!!!!!!
    Haha the monster! I'm starting prob after this natty run!
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

You said u wanted to be down to 250 before u start right? If u do I'm calling 285 by the end of this test cycle lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285
    You said u wanted to be down to 250 before u start right? If u do I'm calling 285 by the end of this test cycle lol
    I'll prob start with LTL haha 285 is just wrong!!!! Hahaha
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

Similar Forum Threads

1. Binge's Quest to 250 and Back
    By BingeAndPurge in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 02:12 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 37