Airborne's Quest to PowerLifting (and whatever he's on ATM)

Page 160 of 280 First ... 158159160161162 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285
    Tech just wanted to join the circle jerk that's all lol
    Haha I couldn't resist bro! I held back for too long.

Valdez, now that you mention it, yes maybe a little strong but I have sat back and quietly observed for a while. If this kid was respectful and has been participating in the manner AM preaches I'd say he would have been giving constructive criticism. Unfortunately, he has been very rude and to one of AM's most respected members. Given his previous history in this thread that comment was directed as a insult. Many newbs and many experiences people use this thread as inspiration and a great learning experience, boosted as continually bee polluting it with garbage. Yes, I just did too by being crude but in no way does this kid deserve a defense. I can bet you if he brought this garbage to a mods thread he would be deleted. AB is a great member and brings a lot of great knowledge to this forum, he does not deserve some troll hanging around in his thread.

That being said, I do apologize to anyone I may have offended.
    My muscles are pharmaceutically enhanced.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Are you serious right now? That was light haha was very slow and no hesitation to come back up. Sets before below par... They kept gettin worse. This is barely over parallel thank u tho ;-) can you even unrack it? With all these wink faces you throw at me it kinda feels like you want me which creeps me out which in reality that's sexual harassment.
    No offense brotha but that was WAY above parallel. Parallel is the crease of your hip breaking your knees.

I gotta agree with the Troll on this one. You may have sunk the 7 sets prior but that was FAR above parallel. And This happens when you get tired, no big deal. I would just film your first set or two when you film so we get to see your form in its truest fashion.

Now let me just say this again to make it clear. I am not judging your previous sets(I didn't see them), your strength level, etc. I am just calling that lift, right there. So please don't take it the wrong way. Any of my training partners would give it to me straight as well. That is how we make changes.

Anyway it moved quick for sure, and partial or not that is a lot of weight. So good job. Plus you haven't even been Pl'ng long. You have a TON of potential.

•   

3. Man,it's a good thing I have a lot of free time,or I'd never be able to keep up with your thread!
    Nice on the squats bro!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

4. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post

Not if you turn sigs on...
    Android can't do that

- Valdez

5. Fair enough
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
    •   

6. [QUOTE=Frank Reynolds;3743285]No offense brotha but that was WAY above parallel. Parallel is the crease of your hip breaking your knees.

I gotta agree with the Troll on this one. You may have sunk the 7 sets prior but that was FAR above parallel. And This happens when you get tired, no big deal. I would just film your first set or two when you film so we get to see your form in its truest fashion.

Now let me just say this again to make it clear. I am not judging your previous sets(I didn't see them), your strength level, etc. I am just calling that lift, right there. So please don't take it the wrong way. Any of my training partners would give it to me straight as well. That is how we make changes.

Anyway it moved quick for sure, and partial or not that is a lot of weight. So good job. Plus you haven't even been Pl'ng long. You have a TON of potential.

Careful frank, these ankle biting chihuahuas might turn on you. :-)
    Believe half of what you see with your own eyes and nothing you read on an internet message board

7. Quote Originally Posted by boosted5038 View Post
    Careful frank, these ankle biting chihuahuas might turn on you. :-)
    Nah Frank is knowledgeable and respectful. You are just a douche bag. I doubt he will get the same response as you. Most people don't like your ***gotry.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

8. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja

Nah Frank is knowledgeable and respectful. You are just a douche bag. I doubt he will get the same response as you. Most people don't like your ***gotry.
    Like I said if coming from a respectful member it is constructive criticism, coming from someone like boosted it is just said out of disrespect.
    My muscles are pharmaceutically enhanced.

9. So ignore him... Ab is going to keep lifting and eating. He knows you guys have his back so move on dude. No sweat man, nbd, life goes on...

Put that bench vid up AB really stoked to see your form. I MAY enter a police and fire tournament in April for bp. I've been talking and working with frank on it but am looking forward to your form.

- Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

10. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    AB that is crazy weight bubba. Like BDCC said: I would not even want to unrack that b!tch. I do have some questions though. Lol Does your coach have your stance that wide or do you just do it there? Reason I am asking is two fold. You say your groin area is bothering you so this plays into that and I also noticed that your knees caved slightly on the lift. I am not your coach but I would bring your feet in slightly to see if things feel better.
    I agree with AZ here. I had some issues with my hips/groin before and moving my stance in closer definitely helps. It will also help prevent your knees from collapsing in... On that note... I found that this article had a ton of great information that helped my raw squat. I really like the part where he talks about strengthening your hips with band work... Check it out.

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...-raw-squatter/
    SFW and GFH

11. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post

I agree with AZ here. I had some issues with my hips/groin before and moving my stance in closer definitely helps. It will also help prevent your knees from collapsing in... On that note... I found that this article had a ton of great information that helped my raw squat. I really like the part where he talks about strengthening your hips with band work... Check it out.

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...-raw-squatter/
    Hell yea thank you brother!
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

12. Ignore the Troll AB! Ur Brothers support you. I don't think AB's coach is gunna steer him wrong. I know and all his bro's know that when he does his first competition he's gunna go paralel, so if your one whose just gunna continue to discourage the big man, Get the Hell out of his Thread. Please!
    Were here for AB, not u Troll!

If you havnt noticed AB post have went down eversense Boosted started running his mouth. I follow AB, and don't want this negativity bull**** interupting him or me, cause I'm trying to learn. Thanks!

13. Gonna pass out! Catch some Rogue Zs to pin some elixer.
    Don't do anything I wouldn't do :-D
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

14. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    No offense brotha but that was WAY above parallel. Parallel is the crease of your hip breaking your knees.I gotta agree with the Troll on this one. You may have sunk the 7 sets prior but that was FAR above parallel. And This happens when you get tired, no big deal. I would just film your first set or two when you film so we get to see your form in its truest fashion.Now let me just say this again to make it clear. I am not judging your previous sets(I didn't see them), your strength level, etc. I am just calling that lift, right there. So please don't take it the wrong way. Any of my training partners would give it to me straight as well. That is how we make changes.Anyway it moved quick for sure, and partial or not that is a lot of weight. So good job. Plus you haven't even been Pl'ng long. You have a TON of potential.
    In this picture of you, you can also see your knees collapsing in. I find that I am strongest when my knee is over my foot/ankle. In the picture you can see where your knees are collapsed in and you are in kind of an awkward position where your knees are inside of your ankles. Moving your stance in a bit will activate your quads more but it will also help to keep things aligned properly or alternatively... you could work on strengthening your hips, taking a little bit of a wider stance, and driving your knees out so they remain out and aligned with your feet.
    SFW and GFH

15. Strong lift AB, I'm interested in seeing ur earlier sets as well.

I'm having the same problem with the groin area. I switched back to my wide stance because I kept hurting my back with the narrow stance. Back is fine now but last morning session I had I had like a tearing/tight feeling in my rt groin. I did 7 sets and then 4 sets of leg press before it warmed up. I'm also going ALL the way down now per you and others advice.
    Independent

16. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    I'm also going ALL the way down now per you and others advice.
    OK - my perhaps dumb question - How far is "all the way down"?

Recently I've been going to the bottom far enough that I can almost "relax" or settle in at the bottom, if you will, in an effort to work out the depth - I've never been very good with squats, so I've been trying to hit it hard - Am I going too far?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

17. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    In this picture of you, you can also see your knees collapsing in. I find that I am strongest when my knee is over my foot/ankle. In the picture you can see where your knees are collapsed in and you are in kind of an awkward position where your knees are inside of your ankles. Moving your stance in a bit will activate your quads more but it will also help to keep things aligned properly or alternatively... you could work on strengthening your hips, taking a little bit of a wider stance, and driving your knees out so they remain out and aligned with your feet.

i agree with this..also i find that if i place my feet out \/ something like that (obviously not the exaggerated, it helps my form out ALOT) As what everyone else said, im pretty sure your coach is going to have the right solution for you mane

18. I like to think about "spreading the floor" which helps with the knees from coming in. I tend to prefer a wider stance these days.

19. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531

OK - my perhaps dumb question - How far is "all the way down"?

Recently I've been going to the bottom far enough that I can almost "relax" or settle in at the bottom, if you will, in an effort to work out the depth - I've never been very good with squats, so I've been trying to hit it hard - Am I going too far?
    Not a dumb question bud. On all but my last two heavier sets I go almost down to that "catcher" position. This is pretty natural since I caught in baseball through college, the last two sets are at paralel or a tax lower, my problem now is flexibility mainly hips. I just started yoga and stretching, I also checked my ego and haven't gone above 275 yet, but I'm trying to do this the right way now.
    Independent

20. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

Not a dumb question bud. On all but my last two heavier sets I go almost down to that "catcher" position. This is pretty natural since I caught in baseball through college, the last two sets are at paralel or a tax lower, my problem now is flexibility mainly hips. I just started yoga and stretching, I also checked my ego and haven't gone above 275 yet, but I'm trying to do this the right way now.
    Thanks man- I just recently upgraded my equipment and now.have a decent squat rack.... I'd been getting by with heavy hack squats. Back squats were previously used more as a finisher, as there's only so much weight I can get from the floor to my back...so I had been taking those as low as possible, but wasn't sure if I should continue that low.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

21. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    another ankle biting chihuahua. you and several others on here need to go have your estrogen levels checked. cry baby little b*tches. yes frank is knowledgeable. i'd also be willing to bet if he said he could dead lift 700lbs he wouldn't put up a video struggling with 650 with a coach pulling up on the bar for him either. just sayin'. no telling what the bench press vid will bring after seeing that dead lift and 1/4 squat.
    Believe half of what you see with your own eyes and nothing you read on an internet message board

22. Quote Originally Posted by boosted5038

another ankle biting chihuahua. you and several others on here need to go have your estrogen levels checked. cry baby little b*tches. yes frank is knowledgeable. i'd also be willing to bet if he said he could dead lift 700lbs he wouldn't put up a video struggling with 650 with a coach pulling up on the bar for him either. just sayin'. no telling what the bench press vid will bring after seeing that dead lift and 1/4 squat.
    I'm about ready for vids from you bro! Lets see em!
    Independent

23. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    I'm about ready for vids from you bro! Lets see em!

you've never seen a zumba routine before?

24. Name:  Milly_the_chihuahua_thumb.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  28.3 KB
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

25. At least he has a sense of humor.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Binge's Quest to 250 and Back
    By BingeAndPurge in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
  2. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
  3. New to BDC and have a few ?'s