Log workouts during Or after workout?

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Do you'll guys carry the paper and pen with you'll as you workout to mark your reps, sets, weights etc?

Or do you'll do your best to memorize em then record it afterward?

Just curious as I myself mark as I'm going and don't see much people at the gym doing the same.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Used to do it by pen and paper but my black book ran out of pages...I do it in an app in my iPhone now, set after set, I even add comments as to how I felt during the set or notes I need to remind myself of later for future comparison.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Do you'll guys carry the paper and pen with you'll as you workout to mark your reps, sets, weights etc?

Or do you'll do your best to memorize em then record it afterward?

Just curious as I myself mark as I'm going and don't see much people at the gym doing the same.
Set by set so I won't forget, and I make comments about how easy/hard sets/reps were. Too much to remember to write down later

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I feel kinda corny going to the gym with my wrist straps, gloves, belt, workout log and pen.....I don't want to come off self-righteous or wanna be pro ......but I got small dainty wrists, don't want callus (can't use chalk at my gym) and I like to keep track of how I'm progressing.

I'm really the only one at the gym with a workout log....every now and again I'll see one more other person logging their workout.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
I use JEFit on my phone. It keeps track of my rest periods as well so there's no cheating. Also plots 1rm progress charts over time on the major lifts (deads, squats, bench, and op)