41 weeks from runner-up to 1st. Distilled Water workout log to victory

Page 7 of 14 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. maybe you mentioned it earlier and I just missed it
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

2. Great workout, über vascular solid pump but ill elaborate a bit more for Franks sake in a bit.

BB Curl
    80x17RP

DB Hammer curls
    40x18SS

Leg Press Calf Raise
    225x12DC

Lying Leg Curls
    115x23RP

ATG squats (heels on 10lbs plate)
    185x8
    135x20

Karbolyn tastes awesome! Had strawberry flavor. It was weird feeling though, had good vascularity & solid recovery within the 10-15sec "rest" period. But, my stomach felt bloated. Here's the kicker, it was but my abs were "full". As in my abs were more pronounced but pushed out like I was bloated. There wasnt water there?

I had my 50 or 60 grams and I'm hungry now, Monday I was rather satisfied but didn't really have the bloat. I'm going to try Glycomyx at 1.5 scoops Friday to compare to today's feeling gram vs. gram.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   

3. Hey DW I was reading that you could add widowmakers to other bodyparts that may be lagging. Since my legs are bigger than my whole upper body I was thinking of implementing a drop set type widowmaker to some other bodyparts. What do you think about this?
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-

4. Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18 View Post
    Hey DW I was reading that you could add widowmakers to other bodyparts that may be lagging. Since my legs are bigger than my whole upper body I was thinking of implementing a drop set type widowmaker to some other bodyparts. What do you think about this?
    No. Not to sound like a dick(tone is hard to convey online), but you just need to get bigger. Widowmakers are for very advanced people, who have LEGITIMATE muscle imbalances/weaknesses.

You just need to grow.

Don't monkey with the program. Do it as it is laid out, for a LONG time. Pound the calories, progressively get stronger for reps, grow, and 2, 3, 5 years down the road, see what you look like.

Trust me on this one.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    No. Not to sound like a dick(tone is hard to convey online), but you just need to get bigger. Widowmakers are for very advanced people, who have LEGITIMATE muscle imbalances/weaknesses.

You just need to grow.

Don't monkey with the program. Do it as it is laid out, for a LONG time. Pound the calories, progressively get stronger for reps, grow, and 2, 3, 5 years down the road, see what you look like.

Trust me on this one.
    I appreciate the advice, but then why are the widowmakers implemented on legs for everyone? I know you're not being a dick lol, you help alot of people across the board and glad you took the time out to respond. Thanks
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18 View Post
    I appreciate the advice, but then why are the widowmakers implemented on legs for everyone? I know you're not being a dick lol, you help alot of people across the board and glad you took the time out to respond. Thanks
    They are just part of the basic template for legs. It is what he found to make the legs grow best. One heavy set, and then the high rep set.

The way they are implemented for other body parts are not the same as legs. They are also not done on the 2 way split.

7. Yeah what frank said....

Stick to the template, variations are made with TOP level, large guys. Gotta stay the course

8. 50min of cardio, had to cut it 10min short to get home in time for the news, lol.

9. I think I found my sweet spot with my workout protocol! I had an awesome workout yesterday.

Decline Hammer Press
    270x16RP

Seated DB Laterals
    25x28RP

Hammer Dip Machine
    270x14RP

Underhand Hammer Pull Down
    200x17RP
    *had trouble bc the grips were spinning

V-bar Cable Row
    160x13
    180x9

DId jack3d micro 45min pre workout then mixed up 1.5 scoops Goycomyx with 1/2 gal water, 10gr Glutamine & 2 scoops Recover Pro. I took a few big gulps on my way to the gym and cont. to drink throughout my workout, finished it before my last set.

Glycomyx leaves a much fuller feeling, I don't need to eat for a while post workout. Much more beneficial on a cut.

I also became a USP Labs rep yesterday, pretty excited.

10. See that full feeling is what I was worried about. I like to be hungry post workout. Lol

Congrats on the rep position.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds
    See that full feeling is what I was worried about. I like to be hungry post workout. Lol

Congrats on the rep position.
    Yeah if bulking, it would appear to be awesome (Karbolyn) Glycomyx provides the same for me, workout wise just keeps me full.

When I hit my full on mass phase here in about 6 weeks, I'll probably give it a go. How much you use frank? I was thinking 100gr split pre/intra/post

Thanks, makes me that much tighter on my diet/training/research now.

12. I just use 50g intra wo. I eat a whole food meal with carbs 60min pre-wo, then one 60 min after.
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    I think I found my sweet spot with my workout protocol! I had an awesome workout yesterday.

Decline Hammer Press
    270x16RP

Seated DB Laterals
    25x28RP

Hammer Dip Machine
    270x14RP

Underhand Hammer Pull Down
    200x17RP
    *had trouble bc the grips were spinning

V-bar Cable Row
    160x13
    180x9

DId jack3d micro 45min pre workout then mixed up 1.5 scoops Goycomyx with 1/2 gal water, 10gr Glutamine & 2 scoops Recover Pro. I took a few big gulps on my way to the gym and cont. to drink throughout my workout, finished it before my last set.

Glycomyx leaves a much fuller feeling, I don't need to eat for a while post workout. Much more beneficial on a cut.

I also became a USP Labs rep yesterday, pretty excited.
    I'm late but I'm definitely in! Gotta follow a fellow DC'er!

Congrats on the rep spot too bud!
    Founder & Owner
    Aspire. Train. Perform. Nutrition
    "More than a supplement company."

14. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds
    I just use 50g intra wo. I eat a whole food meal with carbs 60min pre-wo, then one 60 min after.
    Dude, when I just saw your avi I cracked up. I've been watching a ton of always sunny since I didn't have cable for a bit. Watched a ton of the DVD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez

I'm late but I'm definitely in! Gotta follow a fellow DC'er!

Congrats on the rep spot too bud!
    Good to have ya brother.

15. Totally unrelated to me but here's my buddy doing his first show, which is a natural show. This is his 8 week out pic and 3 weeks out. 8 week mark is when we started working together. Really excited for him!

Name:  image-649521074.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  497.8 KB

I think he will do extremely well if he moved to physique but for now, he loves bodybuilding. Can't say I blame him. Haha

16. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Dude, when I just saw your avi I cracked up. I've been watching a ton of always sunny since I didn't have cable for a bit. Watched a ton of the DVD's.

hahah I love that show man.

17. No cardio this morning, Tigers are on MLB Network & it's October, end of story. Gym doesn't have MLB network, bunch of crap!!!!

18. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    No cardio this morning, Tigers are on MLB Network & it's October, end of story. Gym doesn't have MLB network, bunch of crap!!!!
    I am not doing cardio today either (friend is in town and I'm meeting him at the mall right now) how do you manage to NOT feel like a fatty when you don't do cardio on a cardio day it's killing me!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

19. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

I am not doing cardio today either (friend is in town and I'm meeting him at the mall right now) how do you manage to NOT feel like a fatty when you don't do cardio on a cardio day it's killing me!
    My heart rate is 180 watching this game!!!! Bp is probably 200/100 atm too.

Figure that's the same as cardio....

20. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    My heart rate is 180 watching this game!!!! Bp is probably 200/100 atm too.

Figure that's the same as cardio....
    I'll be watching the Patriots game with a salad and water at a hooters...between the boobs walking around and the game I figure I'll get my cardio in too! Thanks bro!
    >SNS-Glycophase<

21. I think I may start throwing in some fasted cardio. Now, as it sits, I hit snooze a few times and I get up and am sleepy. I'm in bed regular time but it have no reason to wake up and get my day going, so I don't.

May sound odd but 30min in the morning (not on leg days) can only help body composition. I think I'll start this Tuesday

22. Fasted cardio on lift days too? Or just off days?

23. Hey congrats on the rep gig man need to catch up on your thread just wanted to say that first
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

24. Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18
    Fasted cardio on lift days too? Or just off days?
    Probably every day but leg day, may even do it on leg day. I'm pretty anal about my routines. It may turn out to be easier to do mon-fri, as long as performance lifting doesn't suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by mattys4
    Hey congrats on the rep gig man need to catch up on your thread just wanted to say that first
    Thanks matty!

25. Hmm yeah I was thinking about this as well. The idea behind fasted cardio you use fat stores as energy, so even if you end up in a caloric surplus later that day you still burned some fat while u were fasted right. So doing so could possibly keep you pretty lean during a bulk.. I was thinking of adding it on my lift days but I wasn't sure if I would split it into am pm or just lift right after the cardio.

26. Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18
    Hmm yeah I was thinking about this as well. The idea behind fasted cardio you use fat stores as energy, so even if you end up in a caloric surplus later that day you still burned some fat while u were fasted right. So doing so could possibly keep you pretty lean during a bulk.. I was thinking of adding it on my lift days but I wasn't sure if I would split it into am pm or just lift right after the cardio.
    One thing Donte has said about DC, eat like you're 250 and do cardio like you're 8%. Maybe not exactly those words but similar.

Yes, with carb cut offs, that's the idea. Old school train of thought b
  27. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

One thing Donte has said about DC, eat like you're 250 and do cardio like you're 8%. Maybe not exactly those words but similar.

Yes, with carb cut offs, that's the idea. Old school train of thought b
    I thought morning (fasted) walks were the only DC approved cardio? Not being argumentative at all just curious...
    Founder & Owner
    Aspire. Train. Perform. Nutrition
    "More than a supplement company."

28. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez
    I thought morning (fasted) walks were the only DC approved cardio? Not being argumentative at all just curious...
    Post workout cardio is approved (in contest prep 2 my knowledge). Youre right, Fasted LISS is the preferred method of cardio, for sure.

I had only been doing afternoon cardio on off days and fasted on weekends. I'm looking at going exclusively fasted cardio for a while.

29. Yo bro, ever thought about trying Clenviscerate? Specially for the abs o.O?? I wanna hear your take on this.
    >SNS-Glycophase<

30. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    It is, if I ever do cardio it fasted, although I have not been doing it on my weight lifting days.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 08:05 PM
  3. Epi to help look my best 2 weeks from now?
    By RocketFan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 02:24 PM
  4. Distilled Water M1T Log 5~15mg/daily
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 05:00 PM
  5. My first 2 weeks M1T is up! I got Results!
    By Yimen E.Cricket in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 07:30 AM