It's a long way to...
- 12-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Maximum Strength Workout 25: This one was a b*tch. It lasted 80min and was a struggle from the get go. Felt like puking after squats and am sitting here at work with the AC blasting because I'm sweating buckets (it's 45 outside and I finished my workout 30min ago). Week 3 of this microcycle is the load week where intensity and volume are maxed and I really felt it. Also, I was still a little stiff from deads on Fri despite all the stretching and foam rolling work I've done since then. Only so much my 41 year old joints can take I guess. All moaning aside, I did hit all my targeted goals without decorating the gym floor.
1. Low Squats: 1X135X8, 1X6X185, 1X4X225, 1X2X255, 1X4X285 (this was an oops thought I had 295lbs on the bar), 5X4X295
2. DB Step-ups: 4X8X35's (8 per side)
3a. Ab Rollouts: 3X10
3b. GHR: 3X8
4. Single Leg BW Squats: 2X10
- 12-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 26: I did this one in the evening, just couldn't get up this morning, and I'd have to say it was a lot easier. Also, got a massive pump. Upper body really starting to come around and my bench press numbers are going to start looking a lot more respectable.
1a. Incline Bench Press: 1X8X95, 1X6X135, 1X2X185, 6X4X210 (the plan was 205 but was feeling more)
1a. Pullups: 3X(2X4)X15, 3X(2X4)XBW (ran out of gas after the first 3 weighted sets and went to body weight)
2a. DB Bench: 3X8X75's (plan was to do 70's but gym didn't have them so I had to bump up)
2b. Head Supported DB Rows: 3X6X60's
3a. DB Backhands: 3X12X15's
3b. Zottman Curls: 3X10X15's (not going to do these with right arm as it's just aggravating my tendinitis)
- 12-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 27: Just finished this workout and deads pretty much wiped me out. I measured the plyo box today and it was 30 not 36inches. Overall decent workout that lasted 80min including warmup.
1. Jumps to Plyo Box: 6X5
2. Deads: 1X5X135, 1X5X225, 1X3X275, 1X2X315, 4X5X325, 1X3X325 (was starting to lose my form so I stopped at 3 reps on last set)
3. Reverse Lunges: 3X8X35's (per side)
4. Plank: 4min (alternated positions approx every 45sec)
12-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 28: Good workout today that lasted 70min including warmup. Got a deload week coming next week which is good because I'll be traveling for the holidays and I don't know how consistent I'll be. Felt really really good today and was able to push some weight. I would've done more weight but my workout partner was sick with the flu. DAA and Endosurge are working their collective magic.
1. DE Bench: 1X5X95, 1X3X135, 10X3X155
2a. Close Grip Bench: 1X5X205, 4X5X220, 1X9X220 (let if fly on the last set and could've done another rep but didn't risk it without a spot)
2b. T-Bar Rows: 4X4X140, 1X8X140
3a. Inverted Rows: 3X10
3b. Scapular Pushups: 3X15
12-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Well so much for working out this holiday. Didn't happen! Hiked 3 miles today which is the first thing I've done since my last workout. Also I haven't beeing taking any supplements. Back at it again tomorrow and will stay with the planned deload but instead of a deload it will be a primer.
01-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Maximum Strength Workout 29: Pretty easy workout that lasted 60min including an extra long 20min warmup. I probably logged 1600 miles driving this holiday and this made me just a wee bit stiff so the extra soft tissue work and warmup were warranted. My diet this Christmas was atrocious and I only feel a teeny tiny bit guilty about it.
1. Alternating DB Stepups: 3X6X35's
2a. Ab Rollouts: 3X10
2b. GHR: 3X8
3. Single Leg Squats: 3X10 (per side)
01-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 30: Again another relatively easy workout that went about 50 min including warmup.
1. Incline Bench: 1X10X45, 1X8X95, 1X8X135, 1X6X185, 1X6X205, 1X4X225
2. Pullups: 2X6XBW, 1X10XBW
3. DB Bench: 2X8X65's
3. Head Supported DB Rows: 2X8X55's
4. Band Backhands: 2X12
4. Zottman Curls: 2X10X5
01-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 31: Duration was an hour including warmup and I did the workout in the afternoon. Feeling pretty good.
1. Deads: 1X5X135, 1X5X185, 1X3X225, 1X3X275, 1X3X315, 3X3X355
2. Reverse Lunges: 3X8X35's
3. Plank: 1X2min
01-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 32: Another relatively easy one that lasted an hour including warmup.
1. DE Bench: 5X3X175
2. CG Bench: 1X5X205, 1X5X225, 1X10X225
2. T-Bar Rows: 1X5X135, 1X8X135
3. Inverted Rows: 3X10
3. Scapular Pushups: 3X15
01-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Maximum Strength Workout 33: Started phase 3 or the "Growth" phase today and did some new exercises. I've never done snatch grip deads before and these proved quite humbling. Overall, felt pretty good throughout the workout and it lasted about 65min. I did the usual soft tissue work but didnt' do much dynamic warmup as I was rushed.
1. Snatch Grip Deads: 3X3X255, 2X5X225 (will add 20lbs next week)
2. DE Deads: 4X2X225, 4X1X225
3. Walking DB Lunges: 3X7X35's, 1X10X20's
4. Dragon Flag: 3X12
4. DB Suitcase Deads: 3X10X65
01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 34: Decent upper body workout that lasted 60min including warm-up Did floor presses as prescribed and I really don't like these fukers at all. They feel much harder than regular bench and seem to be harder on my shoulder. I did push-ups with a 45lb plate on my back (feels much more challenging than the bands I have available).
1. Floor Presses: 1X10X45, 1X8X95, 1X6X135, 1X5X185, 2X3X225, 1X5X225, 1X5X205, 1X8X205
2. Weighted Pushups: 3X8X45, 1X10X35
2. T-Bar Rows: 3X8X135, 1X10X120
3. Face Pulls: 3X10X35
3. Behind the Neck Band pull aparts: 3X12
4. Standing Calf Raises: 1X35 (per leg)
01-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 35: I had really good workout today that lasted 1hr and 45min including an extra long 20min warmup.
1. DE Squats: 1X10X45, 1X8X95, 1X6X135, 1X3X185, 8X3X205
2. Rack Pulls: 1X5X135, 1X5X225, 1X3X275, 1X3X315, 3X3X355, 2X5X315 (pins at knees)
3. Elevated Reverse Lunge: 3X5X35's, 1X10X20's (per side)
4. Cable Woodchoppers: 3X12X15 (per side)
4. Bulgarian Squat Holds: 2X30sec (per side)
01-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Maximum strength Workout 36: 80min workout today including warm-up.
1. DE Pin Presses: 9X3X185
2. DB Rows: 3X5X80, 1X10X65
2. DB Bench Press: 3X5X80's, 1X10X65's
3. Straight Arm Pulldowns: 3X12X45
3. Skullcrushers: 3X8X65 (Haven't done these in forever, me likes )
01-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Maximum strength Workout 37: Good workout and really got after it. Duration was 80min including warm-up. After reading some articles and watching a couple of youtube videos, I have really started to focus on sore areas (slow rolling) and my hips and back are thanking me. I haven't been taking Cit malate for week (ran out) and am now feeling more DOMS after each workout. Strength and endurance don't seem to be affected but pump is not as good and DOMS the next day is definitely increased. Did snatch grip deads again and found them very difficult. The main issue here is grip.
1. Snatch Grip Deads: 1X5X135, 1X5X205, 1X3X255, 4X2X275, 2X4X245
2. DE Deads: 8X1X245
3. Walking Lunges: 3X7X35's, 1X10X25
4. Dragon Flys: 3X12
4. Suitcase Deads: 3X10X55 (per side)
01-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 38: Duration 80 min.
1. Board Presses: 3X2X255, 1X4X235
2. Bench Press: 1X5X255, 1X1OX225
3. Push-ups: 3X7X45, 1X10X45
3. T-Bar Rows: 3X7X145, 1X10X110
4. Face Pulls: 3X10X35
4. Band Pull Aparts: 3X12
01-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Maximum Strength Workout 39: Almost 10 weeks in and I did "heavy" squats yesterday. 2 sets of 2 at 365 which is 10lbs more than my starting 1RM. Overall, I'm a little disappointed as I thought I could add more in that time frame. Doesn't seem to be enough heavy squatting in this program and I don't think I'm responding well to speed work. Same could be said for bench but my bad right shoulder is complicating matters here. Deads, on the other hand, seem to be increasing rapidly. On to the stats from yesterday's workout which last 1hr45min and included an extra long 25min warm-up:
1. DE Squats: 6X3X225
2. Squats: 1X5X275, 1X3X315, 2X2X365
3. Rack Pulls: 1X5X135, 1X5X225, 1X3X275, 1X3X325, 2X5X365, 1X8X325 (getting a lot more comfortable with these)
4. Elevated Reverse Lunge: 3X5X45's, 1X7X25's
5. Isometric Bulgarian Squat: 2X30sec
5. Medicine Ball Wood Chops: 2X12X12
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 40: Good workout today that lasted 85min. Was able to do 12 reps at 225 on bench after doing pin presses. That made me feel really good.. Nice
1. DE Pin Presses: 8X3X205, Regular Pin Presses: 1X3X255, 1X2X295, 2X2X315
2. Bench Press: 1X12X225
3. DB Rows: 3X5X85, 1X12X55
3. DB Push Press: 3X5X55's, 1X7X45's
4. Straight Arm Pulldown: 3X12X45
4. Skull Crushers: 3X10X65
01-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 41: Back after a half week hiatus. Decent workout that lasted 90min.
1. Box Squats: 1X5X225, 1X5X275, 1X3X305, 4X3X325, 2x5x305
2. DE Deads: 10X1X275
3. Walking Lunges: 3X7X45's, 1X10X25's
4. Dragon Flags: 3X12
4. Suitcase Deads: 3X10X55 (per side)
01-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 42: Workout duration was 80min including warm-up. Started back on Erase (25mg ed) and having the same ol problems, achy joints and muscles. It's a shame because it's kicked my libido up a notch and I was hoping it would improve weight room performance. Will, however, try to tough it out for another week or so and see if the negatives subside. On to tonight's workout.
1. Incline BB Press: 1X8X115, 1X6X155, 1X3X205, 4X3X225, 2X5X205
2. Push-ups: 3X7X45, 1X10X45
2. T-Bar Rows: 3X6X155, 1X8X135
3. Face Pulls: 3X10X45
3. Band Pull Aparts: 3X12
02-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Maximum Strength Workout 43: Really been slacking lately and just haven't hit the gym in while. I'm HS soccer coach and the start of the season coupled with a new puppy is taking it out of me. I've still got 5 weeks left in this program and I will finish. Also, hip and back are starting to bother me. On to yesterday's workout which lasted 2 hours including a 30min warm-up. Very sore today.
1. DE Squats: 10X2X245 (wasn't very explosive on these)
2. Rack Deads: 1X5X225, 1X5X275, 1X3X325, 3X5X375, 2X7X325 (most weight I've done so far but lower back starting to hurt)
3. Reverse Lunges: 4X5XBW (per side)
4. Medicine Ball Chops: 3X12X12 (per side)
02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
I've decided to end workout after 11 weeks and am posting final numbers. Overall pretty decent gains p/c on squat and deads and shoulder held up well on bench.
Broad Jump:---94in------98in (+4in)
Box Squat:----355lbs----405lbs (+50 PR)
BB Bench:-----265lbs----315lbs (+50)
Deadlift:------365lbs-----435lbs (+70 PR)
Similar Forum Threads
- By rambofireball in forum Workout LogsReplies: 37Last Post: 01-28-2013, 04:32 AM
- By warbird01 in forum SupplementsReplies: 9Last Post: 09-27-2007, 12:41 PM
- By TheMyth in forum NutraplanetReplies: 7Last Post: 04-01-2007, 02:26 PM
- By utvol in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-22-2006, 08:31 PM
- By Mr.50 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-01-2005, 01:27 PM