It's a long way to...
- 08-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Ran a couple of sprints yesterday and was really tight. After, and because of it, I foam rolled and stretched. the plan is to this again today. I haven't being doing this like I should but that's the way it goes sometimes. Still a little sore from legs on Monday and that, combined with some outside variables, means I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow. Feeling a little guilty about this but I'm sure I'll get over it Libido is really high, about the best it's been in a long time, and I am attributing this to the Endosurge/DAA combo. No wonder Endo is always sold out.
Last edited by leprechaun1; 08-29-2012 at 05:34 PM.
- 08-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Worked out today. Definitely not the best, tweaked my shoulder benching and I'm not really sure how bad.. Didn't hear any popping so maybe not too bad but it sure be sore. Will probably have to back off bench for a few weeks at the least. Missed a dead attempt at 365. Got to my knees but couldn't finish the lift. Overall, pretty depressing.
1. Deads: 1X5X135, 1X5X185, 1X5X225, 1X5X255, 1X5X295, 1X3X325, 1X0X365
2. Pullups: 1X15XBW
3. Bench: 1X10X135, 1X8X185, 1X8X205, 1X6X225, 1X4X255 (shoulder gave out on last rep)
4. Plank: 2X2min (30 sec side planks per side), 2X20 situps
5. Pullups: 1X10, 1X8
09-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Shoulder really sucked this morning and I had trouble dressing. I used some topical Celadrin and 2 Aleve the night before but if didn't seem to do much. I was pretty much resigned to no upper body pressing for a month or so but, then tonight, I tried some Joint Force I had laying around. Prior to this, i used it on my elbows and hadn't been too impressed but it did work well on my knee so I decided to give it a shot. Wow, what a difference, my shoulder is feeling a lot better. Still painful but much less than earlier. I feel like I'll be able to some prehab and maybe even pushups next week. Props to PA for this product. It's the real deal.
Going to take it easy this weekend. I will probably hike Sunday but no workout.
09-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Workout today was pretty much a grind but I enjoyed it and didn't have any difficulties with my shoulder (thanks Joint Force). Added in some Dynamic Effort (DE) deads and did these with a 1 min rest between sets. Also added a few different exercises for shoulder prehab: Cuban Press, lying external rotations, seated ext. rotations and standing ext. rotations. I haven't been taking my beta alanine for a couple of days and didnt' dose Cit Malate preworkout like I usually do and this probably contributed to the grind. On to today's workout:
1. Low Box Squats: 1X8X95, 1X8X135, 1X8X185, 1X8X205, 1X6X225, 1X5X255 (+30)
2. Shoulder Prehab: 2X4 (superset of above exercises, used 5lbs for all exercises except Cuban Press 45lbs)
3. Pushups: 1X30XBW, 1X20XBW, 1X10XBW (rest 1min between sets)
4. Plank: 1X3min (30sec side plank per side)
5. DE Deads: 1X3X95, 1X3X135, 8X3X185
6. Bentover BB Rows: 1X8X95, 1X8X135, 4X6X185 (+10)
09-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I did some sprints before today's workout 6X30yards and tweaked my hamstring (that's what I get for not warming up properly). It's not bad but didn't want to do any lower body as a result. I pushed my shoulder a little harder today and, despite a little pain, made it through without difficulties. Also started back on Erase at 25mg per day and, so far, joints are good.
1. Pullups 1X14, 1X8, 1X6 (rest 1min)
2. Shoulder Prehab
3. DB Bench Press: 1X10X35, 2X10X45
4. Pushups: 1X30XBW
5. Twisting Crunches: 1X15
6. Plank: 1X3min (30sec side plank per side included)
7. KB Swings: 1X12X35 (only one set because was a little worried about hammy)
8. Standing DB Press: 1X12X25, 1X10X35 (didn't want to push shoulder too much)
09-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Had a pretty decent workout. My right hamstring was a still a little sore so I didn't quite go for it.
1. Squats: 1X8x45, 1X8X95, 1X8X135, 1X8X185, 1X6X215, 1X6X245, 1X6X265, 1X6X275, 1X5X295 (got extra rep on last set)
2. Pushups: 1X20X25, 1X25XBW (incline), 1X30XBW
3. Rack Pulls: 1X5X135, 1X3X185, 1X3X225, 1X3X255, 1X3X295, 1X2X325 (stopped here because hammy was starting to complain)
4. Shoulder Prehab
5. Plank: 1X200sec (30sec side planks per side)
09-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Did some soft tissue work (foam rolled) and stretched yesterday and my hamstring is feeling much better. Shoulder appears to be decent too so I'll try some DB Bench and standing DB presses today. I've been taken Erase for a week now and, at 25mg (1 pill) per day, I've had no joint problems this time. Weight was up this morning to 209 Will have to go on a cut soon.
09-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Workout today was decent. I attempted some bench but, after a couple of sets, decided to abort (shoulder pain). Pushed pretty hard on deads despite hammy still being a little tender but didn't have any problems. Used chalk today and had no problem with grip. I will, however, need a new weight belt for heavy lift squats and deads.
1. Bench: 1X10X45, 1X10X95, 1X8X135, 1X8X185 (weights felt light but shoulder no likey)
2. DB Bench Press: 4X8X60's
3. Deads: 1X5X135, 1X5X185, 1X5X215, 1X5X255, 1X3X295, 1X3X335, 1X1X370 (+15)
4. Pullups: 1X10X10, 1X8X10, 1X6X10
5. Shoulder Prehab
6. Plank: 1X210sec (with 30 sec side planks included)
09-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Worked out really hard yesterday and it was good one. Right shoulder and elbow, however, are very sore today.
1. Low Box Squat: 1X10X45, 1X8X95, 1X8X135, 1X8X185, 1X8X205, 1X6X225, 1X6X245, 1X4X265 (+10)
2. Pushups: 4X15X25 (25lbs and 1min rest between sets)
3. KB Swings: 4X15X35 (tweaked shoulder and elbow on last set, lost concentration)
4. Bentover BB Rows: 1X8X95, 1X8X135, 1X6X165, 3X6X185 (+10)
5. Shoulder Prehab
6. Plank: 1X4minXBW
09-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Shoulder really bothering me today so didn't really do much upper body work.
1. Shoulder and elbow prehab (couldn't do Cuban Presses because shoulder pain)
2. DB Bench Press: 1X10X25, 1X10X35, 1X8X55
3. Pushups: 1X40, 1X30
4. DE Deads: 8X3X195
5. Pulldowns: 4X12X135
6. Bulgarian Squats: 3X12
7. Planks: 1X210sec
09-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Shoulder and elbows are feeling much better today but I decided to take the day off anyway. I also had too much to drink last night and felt pretty ****ty at work today so I figured I could either grind through a mediocre session or wait til tomorrow and kill it. Obviously, I chose the later Chilling out to Dire Straits and doing some foam rolling and stretching. Expecting some nice numbers tomorrow.
09-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Hit it pretty hard today. I seem to workout harder when I plan ahead and put it down on paper. Shoulder bothered me some but not too bad.
Squats: 1X8X95, 1X8X135, 1X8X185, 1X8X215, 1X8X235, 1X6X255, 1X6X285, 1X5X305 (+10)
Shoulder and elbow Prehab
DB Incline Bench: 1X10X35, 4X8X45
Good Mornings: 1X10X45, 1X8X95, 3X8X115
T Bar Rows: 1X8X55, 1X8X80, 3X8X115
09-24-2012, 11:50 AM
I got my new powerlifting belt today and looking forward to testing it tonight on deads. Lifted only once last week and I'm feeling a little guilty about that but only a little mind you. Have quit taking Erase again as it was aggravating my right shoulder and elbow. I'm looking at about 2 more weeks on this bulk and then it's time to cut
09-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Got to use my belt and me likes a lot. I think pushups are in order from now on as even DB bench messes with my shoulder.
1. Elbow prehab
2. Deads: 1X5X135, 1X5X185, 1X5X215, 1X5X255, 1X5X295, 1X3X325, 1X3X355, 1X1X385 (+15)
3. Pullups: 1X12XBW, 1X10XBW, 1X8XBW
4. DB Bench: 1X10X35's, 1X8X55's, 1X8X65's
5. Pushups: 1X30, 1X20
6. Bulgarian Squats: 2X12XBW
7. Plank: 1X4min
09-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Well yes, it's proven again. I am a complete dumbass. Was working with one of my players and decided to run sprints with her. No warmup.. check. Pulled hamstring.. check. There went my leg workout and I was going to try for reps with 315, fuk. Oh well hopefully I'll be able to do box squats on Sat or maybe Sun.
1. Elbow prehab
2. Pushups: 4X20 (various hand positions)
3. Plate Raises: 4X10X25
4. Situps: 2X20X25
5. Hanging Leg Raises: 2X15
6. Side Planks: 1X2min
7. Supine Bridge: 1X2min
8. Reverse Lunges: 2X15
9. T-Bar Row: 3X8X125
10. Calf Raises: 2X12X25
09-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Workout today was decent but my body is getting too beat up (right shoulder and elbow pretty much whole right arm). Luckily I'm coming to the end of my DAA and Endosurge run so I'll take a week off and then start a cut which will involve much more running and a lot less weights. I'm currently 206 and my target weight will be 180 and I'll try and do this while retaining as much strength as possible. Not going to be pretty though as I usually lose a lot of strength when I cut. Well on to today's workout.
1. Squats: 1X8X135, 1X8X185, 1X8X205, 1X6X235, 1X6X265, 1X6X295 (felt hamstring tweak), 1X5X315 (+10)
2. DB Incline: 1X10X35's. 1X10X45's, 1X10X55's (shoulder started hurting so I stopped)
3. Pushups: 1X30, 1X20
4. Pullups: 1X8X15, 1X8X15, 1X7X15
5. Plank: 1X4min
6. Romanian DB Deads: 3X8X55's (hamstring sore so didn't want to push it)
09-29-2012, 08:48 PM
10-01-2012, 12:06 PM
10-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Today was the last workout on my current bulk that started in May. During this time, I've increased my weight 20lbs from 186 to 206 and made the following gains in the big 3:
________May________ Oct___________ Gain
Overall, I'm pretty happy particularly with the gains on deads. I know I would have gained more on bench but a shoulder injury about a month ago pretty much derailed that. A lot of my 20lbs gain was muscle but the inch added to my waist isn't and will be addressed in my upcoming cut. This is not surprising as I did not diet strictly, drank alcohol and did aerobic exercise only once per week.
As far as supplements go, I did 2 bulk DAA cycles on this run and found this the most effective supplement I used. Citruline Malate was second in effectiveness. I'm not sure about Beta Alanine but I don't think it did much for me. Endosurge, while providing a nice libido boost, didn't really have much effect in the weight room and Now Macuna is equally effective in the libido and mood department and costs much less. I guess I don't respond well to divinal. I really liked Erase and it definitely improved weight room performance but my joints which are never good couldn't handle it it everyday even at the lowest dosage. I tried Super Cissus but this, surprisingly, made my joints hurt worse. The combination of fish oil and knee sleeves kept my knees feeling great throughout which was real plus because this is the area that usually acts up. Never got into the Creatine I have laying around but I will use for my next bulk. I respond really well to it but it usually adds about 5% to my body weight and don't want that right now.
I'm going to use this week to deload and transition to higher rep, less rest workout. I will also be adding in more cardio in the form of Stairmaster, sprints, plyos and maybe some soccer too. Well, on to today's workout:
1. Deads: 1X5X135, 1X5X185, 1X5X235, 1X3X265, 1X3X295, 1X1X325, 1X1X355, 1X1X395 (+10), 1X0X405 (got it moving but couldn't get it to knees)
2. Pushups: 1X20X25, 2X15X25
3. Alternating Step ups: 3X20X25 (10 each leg)
4. Plank: 1X4min
5. Standing BB Press: 3X10X75 (didn't bother shoulder like bench does)
10-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I've been below maintenance calories since last Sunday and the weight seems to be coming off fast (already down to 202). Also, I've cleaned up my diet considerably and not had any alcohol or pizza during this time.. the horror . Tomorrow is a cheat day so I'll probably have a couple or 3 beers and some pizza after a hike. Not had a workout since Weds and will be at it again Mon. I will probably start out with warm up (dynamic with foam rolling), then do some stadium stairs, and finish with upper body and core in the weight room. My goal for this phase is to get my BF below 10% (currently around 15%) and get my aerobic conditioning back up to scratch. Absolutely detest cutting but the results always worth it.
The only supplements I'll be taking for the next 3-4 weeks or cit malate (before workouts) and Beta Alanine. I am considering adding some Focus XT, COP and Rhodiola to help with workouts and aerobic conditioning. Anybody have any comments on this stack? I've used the ECA+Y stack in the past and found it very effective but due to circulation issues this is no longer an option Instead may try TTA and see how that goes. Starting Nov I'll add back in DAA, Erase and Now Dopa Macuna (maybe Testabolan v2) and continue to cut for another month or so. Will reassess when I get there.
10-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Cough.. Splutter.. Sneeze.. My new phase begins not with a bang but rather a wet phlegmy cough. Wouldn't you know it, I've got a nasty cold which started Sat and is still kicking my ass today. No way I'm going near the gym or attempting anything physical with this fuker on my back. Well, rest and fluids for me. I'm thinking the earliest I'll be action is Weds.. Sux to be
10-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Just quick update. Finally starting to feel better and will probably hit the gym tomorrow for the first time in a week and half. This cold really kicked my ass and has had me sleeping a lot. Read a little about LG/IF diet and, as it's similar to what I'm already doing, decided to formally adopt it. I will eat all my meals from 11am to 7pm. Weight is hanging around 200 which is not surprising since I've done little but sleep.
10-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Finally got a workout in and it was quite a chore. Endurance went quickly and I was a quivering ball of jello by the end of a short HIIT session. From now on, I will do weights first then cardio as this is the way I've always rolled and, anyhow, I don't feel like doing sh*t after HIIT. Feeling like hammered sh*t right now but at least I got after it.
1. Stadium Stairs: 10X20
2. Pullups: 1X15, 1X10 (second set was not fun)
3. Pushups: 1X30, 1X20
4. Plank: 1X2min
10-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Been slacking the last couple of weeks and it's past time to get rolling again. Doc recently diagnosed me with hypothyroidism and I'm on 50mcg of levothyroxin now. So far, I'm definitely feeling more energetic and my appetite is through the roof. As a consequence, weight is back up to 207. Did a 14 mile hike with 20lbs pack on Sat and that sh*t wore me out. Definitely needing some new hiking shoes as my Merrel Gloves aint cutting it. Good for short easy hikes and working out but not meant for anything more. Left hip was freaking killing me directly after and for another 3 days. It would have been worse without the Joint Force I have on hand for such joyous occasions. Bout to hit the gym. Could really do with a decent pre bout now.
10-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Work out today was good. I was able to bench with minimal pain in my shoulder for the first time in about 6 weeks but I did take it easy.
1. BB Bench: 1X10X45, 1X8X95, 1X8X135, 1X8X155, 1X8X185, 1X6X205 (could have done more but didn't want to push it)
2. Incline BB Press: 1X8X135, 1X8X155, 1X8X165
3. Pullups: 1X12, 1X10, 1X8 (2min rest between sets)
4. Plank: 1X4min
5. Sprints: 8X30yds, 4X60yds, 3X80yds, 2X120yds (rest was as long as it took to walk back after sprint)
Similar Forum Threads
- By rambofireball in forum Workout LogsReplies: 37Last Post: 01-28-2013, 04:32 AM
- By warbird01 in forum SupplementsReplies: 9Last Post: 09-27-2007, 12:41 PM
- By TheMyth in forum NutraplanetReplies: 7Last Post: 04-01-2007, 02:26 PM
- By utvol in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-22-2006, 08:31 PM
- By Mr.50 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-01-2005, 01:27 PM