Bulkin' for the first time.

F33NY

Awards
Tl;Dr

I've been cutting since last summer, and have gotten down to a reasonable body fat, but I have lost too much muscle along the way. I find myself struggling to push measly amounts of weight in the gym now. And with summer ending, I thought what the hell why not? So I've decided to have a clean bulk up until I gain a reasonable amount of muscle and weight probably around 190-200 pounds.

Stats:
Height: 5'8
Weight: 163

What I'll be taking in:
3200-3500 Calories
150-200g of Protein
60-65g of Fat
360 - 550g of Carbs

Starting Pics
On my phone, to be added.

My workouts will look something like this:

Mondays: Arms
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Chest/tris
Thursday: Off
Friday: Back/bis
Saturday: Shoulders/Calves
Sunday: Off

Abs will be inserted at least twice a week, hitting them hard, and will be joined by cardio at 3 days a week on the bike for 30 minutes keeping my heart rate at 70% of my v2o max.

Today's an off day, so the log will start tomorrow officially with my first workout, but I will post how my first day eating all those calories went.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Start lower cals like 2800 and work your way up by adding 50-100 cals each week until you hit 3800...and to be honest I really don't like your workout at all...arms day first?? After a rest day you should be hitting a big muscle group like legs or back and also you have tris bis and an arm day...to much arms man you will gain more size off compound movements...look into the 5x5 routine or the 5/3/1...you just need to really work on that lifting routine bro

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Start lower cals like 2800 and work your way up by adding 50-100 cals each week until you hit 3800...and to be honest I really don't like your workout at all...arms day first?? After a rest day you should be hitting a big muscle group like legs or back and also you have tris bis and an arm day...to much arms man you will gain more size off compound movements...look into the 5x5 routine or the 5/3/1...you just need to really work on that lifting routine bro
smart man right here!!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hm...You gotta learn nutrition for bulks kiddo...

Protein:
1g to 1.25g per LB of BW (IMO 1g per LB is best...)
.45-.5g of fat per LB of BW
The rest of kCals come from CARBS , complex.

Training routine wise...sorry kid, you gotta learn to use compounds to get mass, and basic barbell movements, don't fall into the split idea of BBers , train better with something for Beginners like:

-Starting Strength , once you learn this one...
-5x5 , once you see no more gains here...
-5/3/1...

Learn the basics of nutrition , resting patterns and of training for:
-Strength
-Hypertrophy
-Pump
-Condition (do not fall into the ideals of CrossFit...for the safety of your joints....)

F33NY

Awards
I actually just started training this way because of a vacation. I came back from a long flight on a monday, and started my training on a tuesday so I treated it like my Monday, and I originally just added the extra arms day in there. But I'll take what you said in consideration. My tri and bi days aren't all that hard, maybe 6 working sets on each muscle. Is that still too much?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I actually just started training this way because of a vacation. I came back from a long flight on a monday, and started my training on a tuesday so I treated it like my Monday, and I originally just added the extra arms day in there. But I'll take what you said in consideration. My tri and bi days aren't all that hard, maybe 6 working sets on each muscle. Is that still too much?
6 working sets per muscle is not bad...Anyhow, to get bigger muscles you need to focus on kCals , not overtraining. To get harder muscles, it will be also nutrition and more of a cut benefit...since burning the fat inside and outside the muscle will only leave the hard mass, throw in the fact you are dehydrating the muscle with all the cardio and low sodium on a cut, and voila...hardness. For now, learn to train and stay off CrossFit and Splits.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 15
mattikus Bulking 47
Pics 14
Bulking 4