skinny guy

Mfinn41

Awards
hello everybody, I am new to the forum. A little about myself for anyone who cares to read it. I have a predicament, I am tall and skinny complete ecto and need to put on about 15 lbs or more of solid muscle. I am 26 and have been training for about 5 years, I started at 6'4 and about 165 lbs and am now up to a sustainable 185 lbs. I have tried pretty much everything out there to get to my 200 lbs goal but 190 has been my best so far. I eat clean but very high calorie diet currently, I have tried eating everything, tried gallon of milk a day, tried highest calorie protien shakes i.e. ON Serious Mass 1250 cals per shake. I have tried just about every training routine imaginable from 5x5 to high rep to HST to supersets, currently going to try my own version of 20 rep squat program. I train very hard and so far have had best strength results from very high intensity workouts and I recover very well. My definition is always good, however, size is slow at best. My strength goes up rather steadily but no size to go along with it. Here are stats and pics. please help, I do have a new stack on the way hoping it will put some size on me.
6'4 185lbs 26 yrs.
bench press= measly 225x2 max
squat= very weak due to bad knees but up to 215x2 max
deadlift= my favorite 365x3 max

Diet
morning 4 hb eggs/ some form of potatoes/ 2 biscuits with strawberrys/ oj/ about 1L of whole milk sometimes yogurt
Lunch 2 chicken breast/ sweet potatoe/ rice/ veggie 1L milk
dinner same as lunch
right now Universal torrent in between breakfast and lunch and 2-3 bananas between lunch and dinner
and another torrent after workout.
Seems to be fairly adequate for putting on weight right?
I do usually have some other supps as well but I am off schedule with ordering and using so I do have some gaps of a few days.

This is truly a LOG for my new stack and the 20 rep squat program but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
abs.jpg
back.jpg
Bicep.jpg
front chest.jpg
Left side.jpg
right side.jpg

Mfinn41

Awards
stack that has been ordered is
dbol-50mg ed
proviron-50mg ed
liv52-ed
some suggestions have been made to add a test base like andro and drop proviron

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your diet is lacking. Really lacking. You need to focus on that before jumping to the anabolics. Do you have a calorie estimate that you consume daily? Your meal "plan" is not specific enough to gather enough data.

Mfinn41

Awards
Calorie count is usually 4k or more and this is a cleaner diet than I have done before. It used to be lots more cals of a lot more crap food but still keeping protein and carbs high.
And pasamoto, I dont have a choice, I have to do orals any recommendations

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Calorie count is usually 4k or more
I don't want a usually. I want meal by meal breakdown. You should be able to provide that. I'm not trying to be an ass, but most people that say that they can't gain overestimate how much they're eating.

Mfinn41

Awards
No I do understand that, I usually hear that from people and I used to say that myself til I started tracking it. I use the fitness pal app to track and my last 5 days have been today- 4967,4356, 4776,4872,4589. I literally eat about the same thing every day, I am deployed and eat the best available and that's pretty much the same thing everyday. This is a goal I have been working on for the last 2 years straight and just can't seem to break into that 200 lb range

compudog

compudog

Awards
You do look a bit thin, but I think the weights you posted are in line with that. IMO if you want to get bigger you'll have to lift heavier. What are your goals w.r.t. the weight you're moving? Personally I'm shooting for 300 bench, 400 squat & 500 Dl.

Mfinn41

Awards
I have pretty much the same goals. I go as heavy as possible right now for 4 sets 10,8,6,4. but I have put this in the 5x5 and all the rest of my faied attempts. I do have to say that even after one week of the 20 rep squat that it is pretty intense and I could definitely see this bringing my max up.

compudog

compudog

Awards
I have pretty much the same goals. I go as heavy as possible right now for 4 sets 10,8,6,4. but I have put this in the 5x5 and all the rest of my faied attempts. I do have to say that even after one week of the 20 rep squat that it is pretty intense and I could definitely see this bringing my max up.
I've been doing the 531 program for the last 8 months, I find it the set & rep scheme to be extremely sensible w.r.t. lifting heavy stuff. If nothing else it gives a person an organised approach across the board for all lifts, to me simply coordinating efforts in squat, bench & deads has a pretty good benefit. That said it's not the only approach by any means, honestly I think if you put sufficient effort in you're going to get the results you want in time. Good luck with your goals and congrats on your progress so far. The weights you posted are not light!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just watch "pumping iron" over and over pre and post workout